AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 21:18   Link #3401
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Spoiler for Horror?:
Old 2013-05-06, 21:23   Link #3402
faiz blaster

Recently, people have been going around about how could Kamijou "power-up" so to say. Thus, I decided to deliver my two cents.

First, I've always thought of Kamijou as someone who rejected the supernatural on a fundamental level. If you stop to analyze some general traits of the setting, it is possible to see a certain pattern in it: that is, characters will usually have powers and abilities that somewhat reflect their base natures as individuals (i.e. Kanzaki and her "martyr-complex", Accelerator and his "hedgehog syndrome", Index and her "potentially-important-but-mostly-useless" role as a heroine, etc...). Kamijou Touma is no different. As if proving that, he never took the supernatural powers or special abilities anyone possessed into consideration when evaluating them (much to Misaka Mikoto's chagrin).

Thus, I think it is safe to say that he will never seek out a "power-up" by means of strong ESP or magic on his own accord. This would mostly limit him to two "paths of growth" - which I would like to call the "Sasaki Path" and the "God of Pestilence Path".

Spoiler for Sasaki Path:

Spoiler for God of Pestilence Path:

Between these two, I would personally go with the former rather than the latter. If he goes down the path of God of Pestilence, JUST MAYBE he might find a way to use his powers in a positive manner. However, it is much more likely that he will become the greatest of the evils - an enemy of the world.
Old 2013-05-06, 23:49   Link #3403
tsunade666

I'm focus on trying to figure out how to fix Touma's problem that I forgot that he is macguyver in the making and I also detest power ups. This brought up new possibilities and problem on how to handle him. Learning martial arts is fine but what kind of martial arts would be useful. A versatile one where the right hand is the finisher and hte left hand is a support or his whole body is a weapon and the surrounding environment is an extension of his body to help him in the fight.

The god of pestilence is also nice. Trying to control the "bad luck" in the air. Controlling it actively and using it towards the enemy or a target to fall into "such misfortune" in different levels but I doubt he will turn evil because to Touma its just gray path.

Hmm hmm.... trying to solve problems by being creative is a sign of a good writer.
Old 2013-05-06, 23:52   Link #3404
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given the accidents that come from training in martial arts, doing so would probably be hazardous to Touma's health, given his luck.
Old 2013-05-07, 00:02   Link #3405
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Given the accidents that come from training in martial arts, doing so would probably be hazardous to Touma's health, given his luck.
Alternatively, Touma's body adapts and he gets a muscular body on par with Tsuchimikado from being beaten up so much. Death and disability won't be a problem with Heaven Canceller around.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 00:19   Link #3406
tsunade666

Touma's body should be hard already with all the beaten up he endure. It might not be a body builder body but its solid.
Old 2013-05-07, 04:51   Link #3407
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Why not give imagine breaker the ability to switch references?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 05:08   Link #3408
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Why not give imagine breaker the ability to switch references?
Switch References?
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 05:23   Link #3409
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Imagine breaker destroys distortions by returning the world to its original state. But what is the original state? There has to be a basis, a reference right?
Old 2013-05-07, 05:47   Link #3410
tsunade666

The reference point. There has no clue on what is the reference point of the world but for now. The views of Kamijou touma is the reference world.

I'm thinking of a different form of IB.
Old 2013-05-07, 06:46   Link #3411
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Imagine breaker destroys distortions by returning the world to its original state. But what is the original state? There has to be a basis, a reference right?
Imagine Breaker is the proof of concept of Absolute Reality. A state of existence that remains true on all possibilities, and a existence hinted at by quantum mechanics.

Its a concept that I expounded on in Star Trek as to the operations of the Department of Temporal Investigations, but until you guys started talking about it I didn't even realize my theory applied here.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:02   Link #3412
demino_hellsin
That one guy

This absolute reality that you describe is the cosmos then?
Old 2013-05-07, 07:26   Link #3413
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Possibly a point in time, one before magic or ESPers so that any magic or ESPer power is negated.
Of course that wouldn't explain how it could harm angels... though it was never shown harming an angel...
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 07:51   Link #3414
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm focus on trying to figure out how to fix Touma's problem that I forgot that he is macguyver in the making and I also detest power ups. This brought up new possibilities and problem on how to handle him. Learning martial arts is fine but what kind of martial arts would be useful. A versatile one where the right hand is the finisher and hte left hand is a support or his whole body is a weapon and the surrounding environment is an extension of his body to help him in the fight.

The god of pestilence is also nice. Trying to control the "bad luck" in the air. Controlling it actively and using it towards the enemy or a target to fall into "such misfortune" in different levels but I doubt he will turn evil because to Touma its just gray path.

Hmm hmm.... trying to solve problems by being creative is a sign of a good writer.
No. This is important, so I'm repeating myself here: just no. The basic premise behind God of Pestilence is that Kamijou CAN'T have ANY control over his powers. He might learn how to take advantage of them (just like he currently does with IB), but his will cannot have any sort of influence over those powers. That is why I said that he would turn into a enemy of the world. It is not that he becomes evil, but rather he will turn into a breathing, walking natural disaster that brings misfortune wherever he goes - REGARDLESS OF HIS OWN WISHES.
Old 2013-05-07, 08:42   Link #3415
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Funny thought. If IB really does delete distortions and it takes a reference on a scale beyond the user's own world but instead of the whole realm of infinite universes and the like, doesn't that mean it knows all the worlds and merely removes what is not natural to that world? Like a secretary who makes sure each file is in the right compartment and sends to the shredder what doesn't belong.

If this is the case, then if you move Touma from his world to another world, then wouldn't IB negate his existence?

What about an alternative? That IB would move to someone else who is more suitable? In this case, how would a regular luck Touma be like? What would be unleashed with the seal of IB gone?
Old 2013-05-07, 09:54   Link #3416
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Its just reality that cannot be changed, because it is always true. The convergence point of all quantum realities and timelines, the ultimate expression of the Unifying Theory. In Star Trek, that reality is maintained by a certain omega particle energy frequency. In Toaru, its 'enforced' by Imagine Breaker.

But really, I think its actually because Touma is a being above God, so he just rejects everything else. Being a God himself, he actually has insanely good luck, just that to the rest of us and himself, it looks like incredibly bad luck.

In the end, only history will tell if he really was FUKOU DA. Because it sure doesn't look like misfortune to me, given his adventures.
Old 2013-05-07, 09:55   Link #3417
tsunade666

Actually making him move on different world would indeed put him as the distortion that needed to be corrected. His own life will be negated or erased. Which is why you need to put your power as fanfic author to work on that part

As for IB harming angels. It wasn't shown that its harming them. Its erasing them because they are alien to the world. They re just being cut off from this world and since they are entirely legend or immortals on their own might. They will be alive in different realm but erased in this realm.

Taking consideration that Touma's life will be erased because IB decide him as an alien being on the world and IB doesn't view things from good and evil. Everything is balance on it. Which you will be needing a good story to back that up. A a story that could be present is IB updates its database base on the current world. While Toum is still alien but since his the resident container of it. It will not consider the container itself alien but then again it might consider the surrounding as alien which is why it needed to be updated.

Remember, IB takes form differently in different time. In past form its a weapon or a sacred place. So IB takes form on the need of the current need of the world.

A theory was introduced because Touma seems to have worst luck before entering academy city. A walking plague and IB helps him contain that bad luck towards him alone but its a theory if you view his past but because of the luck of proof. Its just a speculation but there are clues that he has worst luck before and others are probably affected of it. Though that's just might be people blaming him for their own bad luck but we can't tell. The point is when his in academy city. His bad luck was viewed as a normal thing and isn't make a fuss over it which is a theory that IB was given to him when he entered he city because his luck isn't effecting others anymore, unlike when he is young.

A walking disaster or pestilence god will suffice but you will need to remove IB to make it worst and its probably end of the world if that happens because the being which is being sealed will be free.
Old 2013-05-07, 10:26   Link #3418
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@meister: so ytou are talking about the universe/common laws that science has already determined to be absiolute.

@tsunade: Basically your theory tells me Aleister gave Touma IB because whatever was in Touma before academy city was rampaging with only residual aura. The IB can leave Touma pending on the current need. Anyone imagine a fight between Touma and imagine breaker?

Can accelerator block an attack that does not exist in his dimension?
Old 2013-05-07, 10:31   Link #3419
OverNOut
The Obsever

^ What do you mean his dimension?
If you mean the 3 dimensional world, then yes. Accelerator himself stated that he could reflect attacks from teleportation which involves the 11th dimension though it will cause a weird phenomena in the 3rd dimension.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 10:35   Link #3420
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A Certain World of Darkness Chapter 3 is out!

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction