AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-21, 14:35   Link #81
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazus
Third chapter is coming along quite nicely, Kinny. Although, this one line stood out for me.

Are you thinking about taking Kyon's place now?
What are you talking about? I don't quite understand what you mean. I don't see my name inside any sentences when I last checked.

Anyway, volume 1 chapter 3 is now complete.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...lume1_Chapter3

Is it me or is the Wiki slow today, I actually had to translate the same stuff twice today, because the first time I clicked "submit" the page jammed on me, so I had to spend another two hours doing it all over again.

And what's with chapter 5 being translated for one paragraph? I thought it was agreed I would do the whole volume 1 at least.
Old 2006-04-21, 14:47   Link #82
Mazus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
What are you talking about? I don't quite understand what you mean. I don't see my name inside any sentences when I last checked.
That's funny I keep seeing your name everytime I'm opening up the link to the third chapter. Oh, I just realized it might be a mislink or whatever you call it that somehow caught your name.

Well it's not that important anyway. Again thanks alot for the translations Kinny.
Old 2006-04-21, 15:21   Link #83
Adigard

I noticed Mazus's find ^_^

Three quaters of the way down the page you'll find this URL inserted >> http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...le&action=edit

It looks exactly like this >> "N...noooKinny Riddle, h...help~~"

Spoiler for Typo in Chapter 3:

Also, the unfinished Chapter 4 link points to Chapter 3.

Last edited by Adigard; 2006-04-21 at 15:35.
Old 2006-04-21, 16:14   Link #84
LCeh

Just want to say, thanks a lot for all the work you guys have put in. I have found the novels to be great to go along with the anime, it provides some more background information about the characters, and what Kyon is thinking as he goes through his life.
Old 2006-04-21, 16:17   Link #85
Mazus

Well I went ahead and took out the URL insertion in the line. Shouldn't cause any problems for any future readers now.
Old 2006-04-21, 16:26   Link #86
st40611
..Oh dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
So your best bet is to go to your local chinese book store and ask around.
I meant view it online or sort. XD;

I am planning to buy the book this summer, but until then, I want to read it firsthanded.

EDIT: Speaking of which, how many pages is each volume? 200? 300?

Last edited by st40611; 2006-04-21 at 17:14.
Old 2006-04-21, 19:22   Link #87
velocity7

About 350-400 on average.

Chapter 4 illustration uploaded.

Question, should there be navigation for each chapter at the top and bottom? (Much like how I have navigation from the gallery to the main menu or to the Prologue chapter)
Old 2006-04-21, 21:13   Link #88
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
There is now a Unified Format guideline in progress.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...rmat_guideline

All contributors, Editors & Translators are encourage to comment on the talk page so we can start discussion some of the points.

currently topics started is the standard of tense that Kyon is speaking in, present/past etc.

Another is: names, should we list them in Western style, or esatern?

Current names of certain entities, such as "Shinjin" or should we use english vesion?

etc etc etc. please come help us form the guidelines, so that we can help unify the project that will benefit all readers.

Old 2006-04-22, 01:46   Link #89
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Being the thinnest chapter in the book, it didn't take long to complete translating volume 1 chapter 4.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...lume1_Chapter4

Quote:
Chapter 4 illustration uploaded.
That's actually the second illustration for chapter 3, I had that moved over already.
Old 2006-04-22, 02:00   Link #90
Kazu-kun

Wow! That was fast.

Thanks a lot for all the work you guys are doing!!
Old 2006-04-22, 02:16   Link #91
Adigard

Awesome job on the lightning fast translations... they're really appreciated ^^
Old 2006-04-22, 02:24   Link #92
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

As soon as I obtain the Chinese version of the novel I'll definitely contribute to the translation effort. These guys here are doing fellow Haruhiist a great service...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-04-22 at 15:08.
Old 2006-04-22, 15:06   Link #93
notme
団長

I just wanted to say that I can't thank you guys enough for doing this. Everyone who is working on this truly deserves a medal.

Thank you.

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ - And the masses rejoice, for Suzumiya Haruhi has been brought unto them.
Old 2006-04-22, 15:13   Link #94
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

ALL HAIL THE CHAMPION OF CYRODILL!... I mean champion of Haruhi novels xP
Old 2006-04-22, 23:09   Link #95
velocity7

Quote:
Being the thinnest chapter in the book, it didn't take long to complete translating volume 1 chapter 4.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...lume1_Chapter4

That's actually the second illustration for chapter 3, I had that moved over already.
Whoops! Sorry about that.

Re-uploaded and fixed illustrations. Chapters 3 and 4 should now have the proper illustrations in the right places. (I hope I read the text right too so as to place them properly...)
Old 2006-04-23, 11:01   Link #96
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
Asahina is dressed in a white sleeveless one-piece dress, with a light blue knitted shirt on top. Her long wavy hair is clipped at the back of her head with a hairclip, once she moves it would bounce slightly, making her look cute. Her smile gives her an impression of a well cultured cute young lady. Even her handbag looked trendy.
But how come...this pic

No matter how I look, it's DEKKAI SEIFUKU DESU =m= (Alice Carrol TM).

Do I miss something? Or it's really due to the failed communication btw Tanigawa-sama and Noizi-sensei? ^^ili
Old 2006-04-23, 11:05   Link #97
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Not trying to sound offensive or anything. But once again, to whoever is translating chapter 5, I plead with you to please stop there and let me take care of the rest, though your help is appreciated, it'll conflict with my writing style and confuse the readers and editors should they need to ask me anything when editing.

I was under the impression, and still is, that it was agreed the translation of volume 1 for the wiki is currently my responsibility, and I intend to see it through.
Old 2006-04-23, 11:06   Link #98
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish Marine
But how come...this pic

No matter how I look, it's DEKKAI SEIFUKU DESU =m= (Alice Carrol TM).

Do I miss something? Or it's really due to the failed communication btw Tanigawa-sama and Noizi-sensei? ^^ili
Yes, I believe Itou-sensei got confused as well. Mikuru should've been wearing her casual clothing instead of her seifuku uniform.
Old 2006-04-23, 11:37   Link #99
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Not trying to sound offensive or anything. But once again, to whoever is translating chapter 5, I plead with you to please stop there and let me take care of the rest, though your help is appreciated, it'll conflict with my writing style and confuse the readers and editors should they need to ask me anything when editing.

I was under the impression, and still is, that it was agreed the translation of volume 1 for the wiki is currently my responsibility, and I intend to see it through.

I don't know how much I can say about this being just a reader, but anyways... I agree with Kenny Riddle: it was arranged between him and TLG that he would translate the first 3 volumes... I don't know what happened to that, but I think he should at least translate the whole volume 1.

just my two cents
Old 2006-04-23, 11:44   Link #100
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:

??

i was under the impression that a translator will take on one chapter at a time?

I agree having more then one trasnlator doing one chapter is one too many, but surely doing one chapter at a time is ok?

So if another translator gets going on chapter 06 & 07 we will more or less get the volume done?

Or is that a misguided assumption? :/