AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 34 41.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-09, 14:10   Link #41
Icerack

Spoiler for ep10:
Old 2007-06-09, 19:04   Link #42
kelvie

Spoiler for memories:

And also...
Spoiler for 消える事:

Also... anyone think that Aono made another copy already? The Yorito you see at the end doesn't seem... right.
Old 2007-06-09, 19:38   Link #43
xat
*Fansubber

Spoiler for Mayuko+Matsuri:

Spoiler for the sword:

Spoiler for Yorito at the end:
Old 2007-06-09, 20:29   Link #44
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvie View Post
Also... anyone think that Aono made another copy already? The Yorito you see at the end doesn't seem... right.
Something I've noticed as well:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-09, 22:30   Link #45
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Something I've noticed as well:
Spoiler:
Probably because:

Spoiler for Yorito:
Old 2007-06-10, 01:26   Link #46
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek
By the way, the next week preview with Koyori was rather disturbing.
Might someone explain what Mana was saying after the ending credits shortly before she committed Imouto Abuse.
Old 2007-06-10, 02:54   Link #47
Forever
Revealing the truth

It seems to be koyori having revenge on mana-san instead...

Anyway a tragic ending looks to be set. My guess is Matsuri kills aono to spare her the misery and later herself to make Mayuko human. Yorito disappears as well.
Old 2007-06-10, 02:58   Link #48
ilok

I thought it was Koyori beating Mana?
Old 2007-06-10, 03:20   Link #49
xat
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
It seems to be koyori having revenge on mana-san instead...

Anyway a tragic ending looks to be set. My guess is Matsuri kills aono to spare her the misery and later herself to make Mayuko human. Yorito disappears as well.
During her boastful achievement, Koyori made the mistake of referring to Mana as Mana-san. Again.
Old 2007-06-10, 03:20   Link #50
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep10:
Old 2007-06-10, 03:35   Link #51
JediNight
キズランダム

No reason to use spoiler text in the Ep10 discussion thread folks ;p Kinda redundant.

I would say that the primary use of the sword for Matsuri wouldn't be suicide, otherwise she could have already let Takeshi finish her off. That's not to say that after he explains how the sword works, that she wouldn't sacrifice her life to bring back Mayuko, even if she wasn't the one that turned her.

I just don't see a happy ending for the main trio at this point. Aono dying means Yorito disappears. Aono becoming human also means Yorito disappears, and I don't think she could take that emotionally. It makes the most sense to make Mayuko human, because she still has the one she loves, and its only been like 15 years. And who knows, maybe there would even be magic that would make her her mental age.

As for Aono: I think she realizes now that she can't control Yorito, and he's grown beyond being just a mere puppet to live alone with her happily ever after.

Mana is kinda the odd one out of the entire bunch. She's only known Yorito for 3 months, yet acts like they're old childhood friends. And she goes through so much to get involved in the situation. But I suppose she's extremely nice to everyone except her own imouto ;p
Old 2007-06-10, 04:47   Link #52
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

If disappear together does mean suicide...

I wonder if she is going to learn to use the sword to save Mayuko by sacrificing herself? If she wanted to suicide I guess the easiest method would be to just walk out into the sun. But then that does leave the question of how she will disappear with Yorito...

Heh and I was thinking that Yorito was going to end up with a harem of never aging yakas
Old 2007-06-10, 05:25   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ im still not convinced that matsuri's death would mean mayuko turning back into a human ~ and together with mayuko saying that its alright for her to remain a yaka (well implied) so i think learning to use the katana would be for her own use ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilok View Post
I thought it was Koyori beating Mana?
yea it was...koyori went akira~sama on mana

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-10, 05:51   Link #54
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ im still not convinced that matsuri's death would mean mayuko turning back into a human ~ and together with mayuko saying that its alright for her to remain a yaka (well implied) so i think learning to use the katana would be for her own use ~

yea it was...koyori went akira~sama on mana
But isn't that because it would cost another's life to do so?

I would be so happy if they made an omake that animated all of the endings

When I watch the beginning of epi 10 I keep expecting Mana to confess to Yorito....
Old 2007-06-10, 07:11   Link #55
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by xat View Post
Interesting twist this episode. Those who are speculating are going to have fun with this one.

If I could make this into a wallpaper, I would...
Spoiler:
Evil man, enticing us like that

That sure is a popular plot twist now isn't it ,past lives?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-06-10, 07:24   Link #56
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
Just saw ep 10 and kinda wanna confirm something. So basically, are Matsuri and Yorito planning to
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-10, 07:46   Link #57
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie View Post
Just saw ep 10 and kinda wanna confirm something. So basically, are Matsuri and Yorito planning to
Spoiler:
Certainly looks that way, but don't discount getting yet another twist in the plot regarding the blade. Of course, you must understand that there are apparently TWO possible ways to kill Yorito at the moment.
Old 2007-06-10, 08:11   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
But isn't that because it would cost another's life to do so?
that would be the meaning behind it but what i think is that it's not that simple...its like saying "okey when you die ill turn you into a yaka and then you can end my life to become human" (wtf hole? O.o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie View Post
Spoiler:
i think its just matsuri that is thinking that...yorito might have been thinking that they elope to another place

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-10, 08:21   Link #59
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Hmm,I was thinking about Matsuri and the sword and it didn't make sense.Matsuri doesn't need a sword to kill Yorito and herself.Not to mention that the way she drew and stabbed Yorito so quickly,I"m guessing she already knows how to use a sword.

But then I remebered,this is a special sword that resist a Yaka's power.So I think Matsuri wants to learn how to use the Anti-Yaka properties of the sword.

Hmm,I'm not sure Aono will try to make another Yorito.It would seem sort of pointless since the 2nd copy could also fall for another girl again and etc...
Also Yorito has an interesting point.Is the Aono-made Yorito similar to the original Yorito?Or does every new illusion develop a personnality of it's own?
Old 2007-06-10, 08:59   Link #60
Boukenxha

I'm not actually convinced that Matsuri is going to kill Aono with the sword or try to die together with Yorito. Although Matsuri have a habit of doing things as she please in what she thinks is the best for the situation, taking another's life is a serious issue and she is a pacifist. And all the while she has been blaming herself for intruding into Aono's wish to be with Yorito, I don't see her going even further to refute her imposed guilt, at least not until we are shown more of what's driving her or when we are thrown more curve balls.

Imo, whatever she is planning with that sword, I have this feeling that Matsuri will be putting herself and only herself on the receiving end of it. It just seem likely with her character to do just that.

My small beef with this episode is that Yorito seems a little too calm about what he is and what he isn't... as if he has gotten used to all this supernatural stuff happening to him. He isn't going emo demanding the truth from Aono, neither does he seems to be in shock when he knows that he is not human. A mighty contrast to how he was acting when he saw himself stab Matsuri in his dreams.

Btw, someone was commenting in Random Curiosity about the inconsistency that Yorito did not go flaky when Takeshi slashed him on his back with the magic repelling sword.
Closed Thread