AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-20, 23:50   Link #481
Joachim
et tu, brute?

i would pick nagi for my daily life and horo for my fortune/business anyway

there will be no dull moment with if i live with nagi... while horo is.. too godly for my unhealthy lifestyle
Old 2008-10-21, 00:17   Link #482
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Hmmm… Nagi has a certain charm I cannot describe with just words… the voice is probably the main reason, but her interaction with Jin and Tsugumi—and perhaps the rest of the supporting cast—just shows how “easy” can be to like a character, or personality such as hers… I don’t remember the last time I felt so “head-over-heels” for an anime character, but I can’t seem to find any complaint about her. I like her overall design—the mesmerizing eyes, the “smooth” blue hair, the unique clothing and last but not least, the cute bra—and add such a fascinating personality—the sometimes clueless, the sometimes mundane, the sometimes complex—and you get a goddess like no other…
I agree with the charms and VA but I have a few complaints about the character design.

First is her non-existent "hopes and dreams". While it brings a good contrast to the stereotypical Godess with oversized boobs, it doesn't fit into the portrayal of Jin's sexual tension toward her. At least give me something to work with the plot.

Second is her super short bangs and thumb-print eyebrows. It does a good job of portraying her Heian Era style and high class status, but it still bothers me. Let's just hope it doesn't become a fashion trend for girls in Japan to cut their bangs in half and shave their eyebrows.

Third is just an annoyance that I hope would go away with Nagi's development. She talks a bit too much before an exorcism, which often results in the impurities getting away. What can I say? I'm a result oriented person.

Luckily, Nagi made up for all these with other flaws that made her very likable!
MaiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:33   Link #483
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
I agree with the charms and VA but I have a few complaints about the character design.

First is her non-existent "hopes and dreams". While it brings a good contrast to the stereotypical Godess with oversized boobs, it doesn't fit into the portrayal of Jin's sexual tension toward her. At least give me something to work with the plot.

Second is her super short bangs and thumb-print eyebrows. It does a good job of portraying her Heian Era style and high class status, but it still bothers me. Let's just hope it doesn't become a fashion trend for girls in Japan to cut their bangs in half and shave their eyebrows.

Third is just an annoyance that I hope would go away with Nagi's development. She talks a bit too much before an exorcism, which often results in the impurities getting away. What can I say? I'm a result oriented person
that's why we have an alternate now don't we?
Spoiler for S:
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:47   Link #484
Zippicus

When choosing between Horo and Nagi I think the best thing to do is start a harem. it's the anime thing to do
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 00:52   Link #485
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
[-] Akiba mysteriously vanish from that scene where Nagi fell down from trying to hug Jin. Which is a really big WTF "Ooops we screw up there" moment that I'm suprised no here has mention it. Akiba was standing right next to Jin as they both watch Nagi fell to the ground. Then next moment later (commericals), (and we're back) a bright white flash with a different view angle and Akiba is no longer on screen. ~I hope they fix this in the DVD release or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
3. Akiba was there before Nagi's run, then they removed everyone but the two principals during the brighter comic run and when she hit the ground. They put him back after she hit the ground (not while), then took him away in the scene shot from above, because his presence would detract from the Nagi-Jin-group of guys focus of the scene. They might have felt that having him there again for that brief moment, at least a back view, increased the humor. Or else that it improved the visual composition. Maybe it would have been better to just leave him out altogether from the time she started her run. Or maybe not. In any case, nice catch.
I agree with Kaoru. But the big question mark is those other boys after that white flash. They're supposed to be on Jin's RIGHT side.
Old 2008-10-21, 00:53   Link #486
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
When choosing between Horo and Nagi I think the best thing to do is start a harem. it's the anime thing to do
Are you nuts, you want to cheat on 2 goddesses? One will fell on you, another one will bite you off. Not a good bargain.
Old 2008-10-21, 01:02   Link #487
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Well last time I check Kannagi barely registering anywhere near the top 10 anime tv shows in Japan on weekly basis, so don't worry about influx of shaved eyebrows and half bangs. Despite all the excellent technical and good characterizations, it is still a fringe niche by itself.
Old 2008-10-21, 04:36   Link #488
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post

is it the first frame or the last one, or somewhere in between... oh never mind...

Well, I meant the first image you posted just now, but if no one minds I'll hang on to both of these just in case. And thank you.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 08:07   Link #489
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The scene when Nagi and Jin fights by using their arm at each other really reminds me of Beatrice and Battler. . .

Lol, am I the only one who thinks that Nagi is similiar to Beatrice ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 09:37   Link #490
kyouray
2D > 3D

Some new fanarts :

Spoiler for fanarts:
Old 2008-10-21, 09:53   Link #491
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Spoiler:
Absolutely gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Spoiler:
Good lord!
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 09:57   Link #492
Solafighter
Hige

Great pictures. Thanks.
Old 2008-10-21, 10:00   Link #493
pparker

Pizza Hut campaign for Kannagi, and a fairly long, nice little promotional video with clips up through episode 3 (somewhat spoily if you haven't seen them, but about like an OP sequence would). I suspect the series will become more popular in Japan. This is definitely my favorite comedy, maybe best overall, this season.
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 11:09   Link #494
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Are you nuts, you want to cheat on 2 goddesses? One will fell on you, another one will bite you off. Not a good bargain.
Definitely the sane thing to do is just make a choice. It won't be easy for some, but way better then the doom awaiting you at the end.

Personally more drawn to Horo. Just liked the depth to her personality and how much personality she's built up over time. Your probably going to get tricked and look like an idiot quite often, but that's alright . Besides I'm good with going North.
Old 2008-10-21, 11:16   Link #495
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Definitely a must watch for this season. In just a few episode, Nagi's character is already quite diverse. Silly, energetic, selfish and compassionate.

But i think the best of all was the interaction between her and the rest of the cast.

Spoiler for ep3 best moments:
Old 2008-10-21, 11:29   Link #496
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Just putting in that I'm enjoying the show, and though Nagi isn't in the capriciousness scale that Horo is, she's close. I like Horo more though. But Kannagi isn't over, so we have time to change things there.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 12:58   Link #497
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I really want to spam this thread as much as i can, so we can have a sub-forum (j/k)

But seriously i really want to talk about the OP and Ed of this series, but we don't have a place to discuss it.
Anyway just going to give some personal opinion:

OP: awesome animation, really good summary at how the beginning of series would head to(if you have read the manga, it's obvious). But i found the whole OP lacks impacts .... maybe a lack of deep meaning, of joyful feelings, or of satisfying. I don't really know what it lacks but it's really disappointing me, seeing such high quality animations go to "wastes" (imo)

ED: The ED is completely opposite. Very simple animation, but fit the song and the theme perfectly. "Holy music" i would say, give me chill in my back every time i hear it. So no doubt 10/10 for me.
The only problem is the melody was ended in such abrupt manner. If the final few seconds of the song were summed up better it will go share first place in my "favourite song" list

PS: I was spoiled by the manga so the highlight of this series is still the animation for me.....
Old 2008-10-21, 13:06   Link #498
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agree with you on the OP and ED .... the OP, while quite poppish fun and great animation doesn't have much depth to it. When I rate it against the Toradora! OP theme, it doesn't fare as well.

The ED tune of Kannagi, on the other hand gives a wonderful sense of the "divine". The composer evokes Shinto ritual music themes in the first part of the piece.... though she sings a hell of a lot better than most of the Shinto chants I've gotten to hear

I'm hoping the ED gets a "not so abrupt" ending in the OST.

(just in case someone reading thinks "spamming the thread" *is* a good idea for getting a subforum .... the mods look at a number of factors, including how many different people are contributing usefully to the thread. Pure numbers won't do it.)
Old 2008-10-21, 13:15   Link #499
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

one reason why I don't watch Kanagi is.
Spoiler:

But will watch it later on.
Old 2008-10-21, 14:43   Link #500
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
I agree with Kaoru. But the big question mark is those other boys after that white flash. They're supposed to be on Jin's RIGHT side.
That scene bugged me a lot, since it was a main event. Besides attributing it to a plain error that takes too much effort and money to redo, the only other reason I could think of was that they tried to follow the manga right down to the positions of the characters, then discovered that the later scenes might be hard to draw/hard to bring out the effect intended due to those positions, and thus the white flash.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen