AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-26, 01:42   Link #1281
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If you upload a person's thought patterns into the subject's mind, does it make the subject act like the other person?
It's not so much about their behavior, but rather their 'way of thinking' or their reasoning and logic.

This was addressed more in NT4; Having the thought pattern of another person doesn't make you that person, it just gives you the option to choose what that person could/would choose.
Old 2012-05-26, 03:03   Link #1282
ellifeedn
Thinker

I see. Can this make a change a person's AIM and powers?
Old 2012-05-26, 04:05   Link #1283
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I see. Can this make a change a person's AIM and powers?
Change the way they use it? Yes. Change it completely? No.
Old 2012-05-26, 04:06   Link #1284
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ We can't say for sure, since she herself isn't an esper and there's not antecedent of this case in the series. But, It's likely no since there's nothing about changing or implanting personal reality in the process.

EDIT :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Change the way they use it? Yes. Change it completely? No.
you're fast
Old 2012-05-26, 04:10   Link #1285
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mah~ It's my superpower.

Also an example of imputing another person's thought pattern to change how they use their abilities already exist in Saiai and Kuroyoru.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:23   Link #1286
kagato3

Quote:
If you upload a person's thought patterns into the subject's mind, does it make the subject act like the other person?
This gets a bit tricky as of the 2 Dark May subjects we have seen Saiai does not act much like Accelerator But he comments that Kuroyoru is like looking at the old him. Ironicly Saiai was said to have been more compatable with his thought patterns.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2012-05-26, 07:25   Link #1287
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
This gets a bit tricky as of the 2 Dark May subjects Saiai does not act much like Accelerator But he comments that Kuroyoru is like looking at the old him. Ironicly Saiai was said to have been more compatable with his thought patterns.
He was referring to her way of thinking.

As I've said, Having the thought pattern of another person doesn't make you that person, it just gives you the option to choose what that person could/would choose.
Old 2012-05-26, 08:13   Link #1288
kagato3

It does effect how Kuroyoru acts. Most notably the way she talks. But no it won't make them into a copy of the person.

Kuroyoru and Accelerator have a talk.
Quote:
“…That manner of speaking…No, that calculation pattern…”

“Oh, so you realized it? I suppose you would, wouldn’t you? It is a portion of your own pattern planted and strengthened, after all.”

“The Dark May Project.”
And Accelerator’s thoughts after overhearing her and Touma in the bathroom.
Quote:
Normally, the villain would protect their own world by using violence to eliminate those who would ruin that atmosphere of theirs, but that Level 0 had a strange right hand.

It was frightening to think of what would happen if one could not eliminate those that would ruin that atmosphere.

Kuroyoru Umidori had been implanted with the especially attack-oriented part of Accelerator’s thoughts, so she was similar to a version of him that had headed down a different path.

If he failed, he would end up like that.

Accelerator had already deviated from villainy and darkness, but he swore in his heart that he would work to avoid being wrapped up in that kind of situation.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2012-05-26, 14:23   Link #1289
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Also an example of imputing another person's thought pattern to change how they use their abilities already exist in Saiai and Kuroyoru.
*hit my head* That's right, I completely forgot them (silly me!! I even posted that on another thread)
Old 2012-05-27, 03:01   Link #1290
judasmartel
*Author

Can Saiai use her Offense Armor to shield nearby allies? Because if she can, that would make her a nice defensive buffer for an RPG party. And there's Rikou to consider, who can buff pretty much ANY esper except perhaps Touma.
Old 2012-05-27, 06:04   Link #1291
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Can Saiai use her Offense Armor to shield nearby allies? Because if she can, that would make her a nice defensive buffer for an RPG party. And there's Rikou to consider, who can buff pretty much ANY esper except perhaps Touma.
I don't remember a range being stated on Saiai's powers but she never seems to use it beyond wraping herself in it or useing it to buff herself so she can throw stuff around. most likely it is more like the range of Accelerator's redirect and vector change in that it is a few cm around her and possably things she is touching (to help lift them, but I guess protection might be possable but likely far weaker then for herself. )

Speaking of Rikou I realy would like to see her meet Kazakiri. It would be as Awiess says, intresting.
Old 2012-05-29, 22:41   Link #1292
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Anyone have a link to the last power chart from toaru?
Old 2012-05-30, 07:39   Link #1293
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Simple question guys; which chapters in SS2 have Ollerus and/or Silvia interaction?
Old 2012-05-30, 08:47   Link #1294
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Simple question guys; which chapters in SS2 have Ollerus and/or Silvia interaction?
Chapter 7 and 22.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:02   Link #1295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Chapter 7 and 22.
Thanks, this would make research a whole lot easier...
Old 2012-05-31, 21:37   Link #1296
Ilidsor
Angelerator

How does Accelerator charge his chocker? I'm not sure if it's ever mentioned.
Old 2012-05-31, 21:47   Link #1297
leukrota

Probably with a wall adapter. There would be no point if it was too hard to charge.
Old 2012-06-01, 01:32   Link #1298
HasuMasu
*Artist

Why did Accelerator change his hairstyle?
Old 2012-06-01, 01:59   Link #1299
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Why did Accelerator change his hairstyle?
In universe theory, he accelerated his hair growth to cover the operation scars.

Quote:
“‘Come to think of it, your hair grows really fast; there’s no sign of any operation scars’, says Misaka as Misaka is impressed. ‘Using the electric signals inside the human body to promote hair growth, that’s foul play’, says Misaka as Misaka can’t help but be enthusiastic about the wonders of the human body.”

“No matter how impressive it is, it can’t grow back the scars on the cranium!”
IRL theory, Haimura just felt like drawing longer hair.
Old 2012-06-01, 02:12   Link #1300
HasuMasu
*Artist

Ahh I see, 'tis a shame I think his old hair was sexier.

Tags
q&a