AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-19, 11:51   Link #3201
hinakatbklyn

It's either wait until close to Midnight (my time) or wait until morning to find out if Mio and Hina won or lost.
Old 2010-07-19, 12:29   Link #3202
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

I dare not look ahead because Holo ABSOLUTELY MUST beat Haruhi to even think about staying in the mix for DE.

But, even so, Holo has a terribly unfavorable Diamond schedule! She has three HUGE matches and a couple of the others will be no cakewalk either!

Argggggghhhhh... this is some major sabotage!
Old 2010-07-19, 17:52   Link #3203
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
I dare not look ahead because Holo ABSOLUTELY MUST beat Haruhi to even think about staying in the mix for DE.

But, even so, Holo has a terribly unfavorable Diamond schedule! She has three HUGE matches and a couple of the others will be no cakewalk either!

Argggggghhhhh... this is some major sabotage!
The voting pool has changed and she can't beat enough mid-carders to be in contention. Last year's near upset of Shana at the start of DE seems light years away now.
Old 2010-07-19, 17:59   Link #3204
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The voting pool has changed and she can't beat enough mid-carders to be in contention. Last year's near upset of Shana at the start of DE seems light years away now.
Well, maybe... just maybe, the campaigning and actions I have taken over the last couple of weeks will have some impact (yeah probably not... but, I won't give up until I see the bar her name is on turn red)!

**********Ouch! Well, never mind! I thought that would be a lot closer... I am honestly surprised at the margin of loss for Holo.

I chalk it up to strategic voting... AND NO ONE CAN CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE! *Sigh*

Last edited by Rajura; 2010-07-19 at 22:02. Reason: Bad grammar
Old 2010-07-19, 22:02   Link #3205
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

What the?!

Taiga beat Mio?!

And Shana beat Hinagiku?!

Well...

It's a 3 way race now?

Shana beating Hinagiku, not 'very' suprised considering what happened in 2009...But where'd Taiga pull that from? Someone must have been busy rallying support.

On the bright side - Mikoto wins Ruby! I'll take that!

wontaek, does that qualify as the surprise you've been waiting for all season?

Game - we're waiting for you to unload. XD
Old 2010-07-19, 22:07   Link #3206
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Whoa, whoa, whoa...what the hell just happened?

(Aslo means that Shana now has the unofficial title beat that Hinagiku's been holding onto since last year)
Old 2010-07-19, 22:09   Link #3207
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

KS must've enjoyed making that necklace poster. ^^ Indeed it is made of fuckwin.
Old 2010-07-19, 22:13   Link #3208
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Shana beating Hinagiku, not 'very' suprised considering what happened in 2009...But where'd Taiga pull that from? Someone must have been busy rallying support.
I am willing to bet Taiga's upset was due to Shana fans desperation move to try to get Ruby for her, but didn't quite turn out right did it?

Ya I am pretty surprised by the upset though. Also good to see Kagami pull off the win, and Wow Tomoyo only beat Yui by hair . And Azusa really let Hitagi have it.
MAL
Old 2010-07-19, 22:21   Link #3209
hinakatbklyn

I'm still trying to rub my eyes to find out what happened. I knew what it was going to take for Mikoto to win a necklace. Shana beat Hina so for Mikoto to win the necklace, (not crazy about it) Kagami had to beat Rin and it happened. Mio and Hina will still make the finals so I'm not too worried.

This may be the first time I actually had a good period, but what really tops it all, Mikoto finally gets her necklace!
Old 2010-07-19, 22:29   Link #3210
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I am willing to bet Taiga's upset was due to Shana fans desperation move to try to get Ruby for her, but didn't quite turn out right did it?

Ya I am pretty surprised by the upset though. Also good to see Kagami pull off the win, and Wow Tomoyo only beat Yui by hair . And Azusa really let Hitagi have it.
Truly strategic votes were in full force this round. Uber-sabotage!

I really am am unsure of how Diamond will go now... bottom-line, it looks as though I'm gonna have to hope for another Season of S&W and very favorable timing for Holo to have a shot at a necklace and the big win... of course, it seems a lot of people will never like her no matter what. That makes things even more difficult for her!

Last edited by Rajura; 2010-07-19 at 22:52. Reason: Typo
Old 2010-07-19, 22:41   Link #3211
Team Rocket Elite

Looking back Mio had fallen to the point where Taiga was in striking distance of a win. Even so, I really didn't think Taiga would actually pull it off. Very nice job Taiga. It's unfortunate that Yui couldn't beat Tomoyo. Taiga defintely deserves the Ruby necklace for pulling off the upset. Right now we could be looking at a Shana/Hinagiku/Taiga top 3 in terms of strength. Mikoto might even be able to sneak into 4th. That's some pretty heavy JC Staff domination. Was it really that long ago when we were looking at a potential Mio/Azusa Top 2? It doesn't look like Yuki or Haruhi plan to step up and challenge JC Staff either. Right now Shana is looking really good to take both the Diamond necklace and the Tiara. With that said, Shana look good at the end of ISML 2009 as well. Let's see if Shana can go all the way.
Old 2010-07-19, 22:42   Link #3212
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kagami's big win has just about locked her into DE after being outside the 16 for most of the season. Those currently in 1-15 are just about safe. 16 is the spot up for grabs.

How Diamond could roll out for those in contention:

Those on 28 wins:

Fate - 16th. Probably goes 5-2 in Diamond.

Mio - L
Fuko - W
Kotomi - W
Nagi - L
Hanyu - W
Ui - W
Konata - W (but not certain)

Hitagi - 17th. Probably goes 5-2.

Saber - L
Ami - W
C.C. - W based on ranks. But...uncertain...C.C. is doing much better now than she was early in the season. The real danger match.
Kyou - L
Mei - W
Ryou - W
Rin - W I guess....Rin has really fallen lately and has lost to people in the mid 20s.

Rin - 18th. Probably goes 4-3

Minatsu - W...probably...
Yui - L
Isumi - W
Saber - L
Nodoka - W
Louise - W
Hitagi - L probably

Rin will probably get not enough wins. Fate and Hitagi will probably end up on equal wins and it would come down to SDO. Judging by opponents, I think Fate would just get in? TRE, wontaek or hina would probably know the math better, but looking at strength of opponents, Fate has a bit more?

And just to be certain - those on 30 wins:

Yui - 14th - Probably 6-1 in Diamond.

Nanoha - W
Rin - W
Rika - W
Hinagiku - L
Ryou - W
Tsukasa - W
Mafuyu - W

Kagami - 15th - Probably 5-2 in Diamond.

Yuki - L
Mikuru - W
Nagisa - W
Haruhi - L but...Hiiragi did beat Haruhi in DE last year, from memory?
Yami - W
Chiaki - W
Horo - W

So I'd say those two are safe. But Ruby 7 has shown that if factions do want to drop a bomb and go against the trends, they can! All that speculation above is based on trends of this season.

And onto the issue of minor season heroine...

In terms of SDO, Mio is in front. Hinagiku next then Shana, who is a fair way behind now. Those SDO gaps (60 and 99) can be bridged in a single round. Which means that it will still go down to Diamond 7 with Mio vs Hinagiku for the #1 and #3 seeds. Shana will get #2. Unless Diamond 7 somehow gets a draw with those two? Or if Taiga's surge was not due to the Shana faction?

As for the neckalce itself, I'll reflect on it later.
Old 2010-07-19, 22:43   Link #3213
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Wow this is like some crazy bcs stuff #4 Taiga beat #1 Mio and only moved up one spot, #5 Mikoto beat #13 Saber and moved up 4 spots to #1. Forget the DE tournament, you need a MCS (Moe Championship Series) Championship bowl game
Old 2010-07-19, 22:50   Link #3214
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Wow this is like some crazy bcs stuff #4 Taiga beat #1 Mio and only moved up one spot, #5 Mikoto beat #13 Saber and moved up 4 spots to #1. Forget the DE tournament, you need a MCS (Moe Championship Series) Championship bowl game
Mikoto only moved four because of her previous opponents won, while Taiga's didn't, and Taiga's win over Mio was extremely small[just under half of a percent margin]. So you can blame luck of draw for Mikoto getting over Taiga. Also if you look at overall ranks and not ruby ones you'll notice Mikoto's rank didn't change and Taiga's went up.
MAL
Old 2010-07-19, 22:51   Link #3215
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Looking back Mio had fallen to the point where Taiga was in striking distance of a win. Even so, I really didn't think Taiga would actually pull it off. Very nice job Taiga. It's unfortunate that Yui couldn't beat Tomoyo. Taiga defintely deserves the Ruby necklace for pulling off the upset. Right now we could be looking at a Shana/Hinagiku/Taiga top 3 in terms of strength. Mikoto might even be able to sneak into 4th. That's some pretty heavy JC Staff domination. Was it really that long ago when we were looking at a potential Mio/Azusa Top 2? It doesn't look like Yuki or Haruhi plan to step up and challenge JC Staff either. Right now Shana is looking really good to take both the Diamond necklace and the Tiara. With that said, Shana look good at the end of ISML 2009 as well. Let's see if Shana can go all the way.
I think you are reading way too much into it.

It's pretty obvious that strategic voting was going on. Hinagiku, Mikoto, and Shana fans all had reasons this round to vote against Mio- and yet Mio was still only a handful of votes away from winning.

It's kind of sad that there won't be an undefeated Mio against an undefeated Hinagiku in Diamond, but whatever.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-07-19, 22:52   Link #3216
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Game - we're waiting for you to unload. XD
I'll just paste what I wrote on the ISML forums

================================================== ===

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MAN!

Today was the day JC Staff conquered the world

Seriously Taiga beating Mio was by far something I did not see coming, and making Mikoto win due to this was just fantastic, we all know Mikoto well deserved a necklace for a long time, too bad it was ruby though >__<

As for Shana vs Hina, I wonder if they meet in D.E....would this result repeat itself? If Shana does indeed win Diamond...I have my doubts she will win the neckalce, if even the mighty Mio has finally succumbed to the anti-voting (which is why i think Taiga won) then no way Shana can fight it either, since in her case I believe it might be stronger.

Overall this might have been one of the BEST ISML results i've seen in all 3 years, best ISML yet? I would say so

(and my condolences to those heartbroken, but they seem to be the usual people anyways)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-07-19, 23:02   Link #3217
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Of course strategy is as important now. This is the business end. If a faction can engineer their character into a more favourable match at the start of DE, they will certainly try to do so.
Old 2010-07-19, 23:08   Link #3218
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Geimu still has a bad habit of taking images from other sites.
Old 2010-07-19, 23:10   Link #3219
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
Geimu still has a bad habit of taking images from other sites.
gtfo i said I copy/pasta from there :< and I meant it
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-07-19, 23:17   Link #3220
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Rin will probably get not enough wins. Fate and Hitagi will probably end up on equal wins and it would come down to SDO. Judging by opponents, I think Fate would just get in? TRE, wontaek or hina would probably know the math better, but looking at strength of opponents, Fate has a bit more?
I'm not sure who has a higher SDO but if they tie, Fate wins due to the head-to-head tiebreaker which has higher precedence.

Quote:
In terms of SDO, Mio is in front. Hinagiku next then Shana, who is a fair way behind now. Those SDO gaps (60 and 99) can be bridged in a single round. Which means that it will still go down to Diamond 7 with Mio vs Hinagiku for the #1 and #3 seeds. Shana will get #2. Unless Diamond 7 somehow gets a draw with those two? Or if Taiga's surge was not due to the Shana faction?
Once again the head-to-head tiebreaker will kick in first. If Hinagiku beats Mio, Shana will take first, Hinagiku will be second and Mio will be third. If Mio beats Hinagiku, Mio will be first, Shana second and Hinagiku in third. Both cases assume the three characters don't lose to anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I think you are reading way too much into it.

It's pretty obvious that strategic voting was going on. Hinagiku, Mikoto, and Shana fans all had reasons this round to vote against Mio- and yet Mio was still only a handful of votes away from winning.

It's kind of sad that there won't be an undefeated Mio against an undefeated Hinagiku in Diamond, but whatever.
Perhaps. It's defintely at least a small factor. I suppose we'll see if Taiga doesn't look as strong in Diamond and Mio goes back to her old self.

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting