AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-09-15, 18:07   Link #181
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Honestly, though. Most Shonen manga are like this. Naruto isn't the only series that does this. It just seems to be the worst.
True enough.
One Piece seems to balance out there females surprisingly well for a shonen manga (not that that's anything to be supremely proud of) and, oddly enough, I think Tite Kubo likes his Bleach women a little too much to be a shonen author. Sure the main character downplays them but... damn still.

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2008-09-22 at 08:25.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 08:21   Link #182
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
DBZ was worse, it didn't even have any female fighters lol... and the females in the show (the fighter's wives) were like 10x more annoying and retarded than Sakura and Ino combined
Pan was a strong fighter, wasn't she? =D
Old 2008-09-22, 08:24   Link #183
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Yeah, but the original creator didn't do any of GT so it doesn't count by fan standards.
Go figure...
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 13:46   Link #184
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
If by strong, you mean weak then yeah. GT was all fanservice for Goku's fanboys, and not a single thing more. None of the other characters even got any screentime by comparison.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 20:25   Link #185
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Oh, I didn't watch DBGT. Something about the superbly sterling reviews it got , made me not so eager to watch it.

Quote:
If by strong, you mean weak then yeah.
nice
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 23:22   Link #186
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
lol, 18 is way stronger than pan , and i think 18 is the strongest female fighter in db history, probably just stronger than vegeta first super sayan form. Even so, she starts a family and stay home watching kids

back to the topic, i think hinata is strong but she would just end up being a housewife like 18 did
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 11:43   Link #187
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
lol, 18 is way stronger than pan , and i think 18 is the strongest female fighter in db history, probably just stronger than vegeta first super sayan form. Even so, she starts a family and stay home watching kids

back to the topic, i think hinata is strong but she would just end up being a housewife like 18 did
B2B2B2Topic ^^

I don't know about that. Hinata has shown quite genious moves in the filler episodes (this is apparently no manga thread). I think that she knows quite a different style of Hyuuga techniques. She can attack and defent simultaneously.

But Hinata's feelings for Naruto are rooted in his determination, confidence, and strength, all of which she feels she lacks. Naruto also acts as a key component in her quest to improve, as she trains so that she can be like him and impress him at the same time.

I don't know if this has really something to do with love. She's more like a groopie, a fan. I think this one will never really happen. She'll eventually get with Shino.
Old 2008-09-23, 13:49   Link #188
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
B2B2B2Topic ^^

I don't know about that. Hinata has shown quite genious moves in the filler episodes (this is apparently no manga thread). I think that she knows quite a different style of Hyuuga techniques. She can attack and defent simultaneously.

But Hinata's feelings for Naruto are rooted in his determination, confidence, and strength, all of which she feels she lacks. Naruto also acts as a key component in her quest to improve, as she trains so that she can be like him and impress him at the same time.

I don't know if this has really something to do with love. She's more like a groopie, a fan. I think this one will never really happen. She'll eventually get with Shino.
I couldn't agree more with your groopie comment. Hinata = random 12year old, Naruto = Jonas brothers.... She'll get over him soon enough.
Old 2008-09-25, 01:59   Link #189
MikoKikyo

Quote:
She'll eventually get with Shino.
EW.

(The guy has bugs crawling inside & out of his body, maybe he should just end up alone.)

The dog guy would be ok though.

Last edited by MikoKikyo; 2008-09-25 at 02:09.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 14:01   Link #190
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Hinata was one of the first people who saw something in naruto.
I would enjoy if in the end they would find each other.
Old 2008-10-01, 01:55   Link #191
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Hinata was one of the first people who saw something in naruto.
I would enjoy if in the end they would find each other.
Two times, a girl like Hinata attempted to attrackt me, but she totally failed. I think I can compare it a little and I say Naruto wants a strong and determined female like Sakura. One who has to be conquered and resists until she finally gives in. This means to win the palm. Naruto is all about beasts... same as beasts, women need to be tamed. Women need to be cats, not dogs.
Old 2008-10-01, 15:22   Link #192
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Two times, a girl like Hinata attempted to attrackt me, but she totally failed. I think I can compare it a little and I say Naruto wants a strong and determined female like Sakura. One who has to be conquered and resists until she finally gives in. This means to win the palm. Naruto is all about beasts... same as beasts, women need to be tamed. Women need to be cats, not dogs.
Women need to be conqured, eh?
I don't quite know what to say to that other than bravo for having the balls to come out and say it.
Old 2008-10-01, 15:34   Link #193
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Women need to be conqured, eh?
I don't quite know what to say to that other than bravo for having the balls to come out and say it.
Of course! That's how they show they are worthy being loved. Who wants a dog-type woman?
Old 2008-10-01, 15:37   Link #194
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Of course! That's how they show they are worthy being loved. Who wants a dog-type woman?
Again, I think i'm afraid to answer that one......
Old 2008-10-01, 15:43   Link #195
james0246

Quote:
Just what you would expect a German to say (Then again, as an American, I am sure many of the traditional stereotypes that once applied to the Germans, can easily apply to an American ).

That being said, I understand what you are saying (that a man does not want a mate that he can just rule over without any complain), but I can't help but feel that your terminolgy is a bit...loose. Instead of "dog-type" or "conquer", simply mention that the potential mate must have great personal strength and conviction and that they are assertive when they need to be.

That being said, Hinata is too passive for Naruto (he would rule over her), and Sakura is too assertive for Naruto (she would rule over him). So, Naruto should find a new girl that is somewhere in the middle between the two.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 16:03   Link #196
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Just what you would expect a German to say (Then again, as an American, I am sure many of the traditional stereotypes that once applied to the Germans, can easily apply to an American ).

That being said, I understand what you are saying (that a man does not want a mate that he can just rule over without any complain), but I can't help but feel that your terminolgy is a bit...loose. Instead of "dog-type" or "conquer", simply mention that the potential mate must have great personal strength and conviction and that they are assertive when they need to be.

That being said, Hinata is too passive for Naruto (he would rule over her), and Sakura is too assertive for Naruto (she would rule over him). So, Naruto should find a new girl that is somewhere in the middle between the two.
You are saying the same that I say directly, but you say it in a politic way. I call that dog-type because people are submissive. The one that gives in first is submissive, it's as simple as that. Besides, you can look at my face. I am half-italian. I am no German stereotype. I am actually quite passionate and I prefer cat-types. Oh, I love those animalic names. And yes, we're quite the animals considering reproduction.

Have you ever loved a cat-type? When a cat-type responds to you, this is thrilling, intriguing and it changes your life. I just don't take second quality.
Old 2008-10-01, 21:19   Link #197
Fran~
floating away...

I think that is not even the point.

As i said before, they are too damn busy to take some "quality" time and form couples.

I think that any love relationship would follow the Asuma/Kurenai way.

To Kishimoto would be too risky to involve Naruto romantically with some girl, that is material only for movies (as we could see), then, Naruto and Sakura are partners, same way Jiraiya and Tsunade and Hinata will always worship Naruto as an idol.

But time to flirt, the way Shiho look at Shikamaru, sure we could see
Old 2008-10-02, 01:11   Link #198
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I think that is not even the point.

As i said before, they are too damn busy to take some "quality" time and form couples.

I think that any love relationship would follow the Asuma/Kurenai way.

To Kishimoto would be too risky to involve Naruto romantically with some girl, that is material only for movies (as we could see), then, Naruto and Sakura are partners, same way Jiraiya and Tsunade and Hinata will always worship Naruto as an idol.

But time to flirt, the way Shiho look at Shikamaru, sure we could see
She can look all she wants. Temari will pair with Shikamaru. She's scarier than his mom and he just needs a scarier woman. Besides, she's blonde with a crazy hair-do and she's pretty feminine.
Old 2008-10-02, 15:01   Link #199
Fran~
floating away...

But, that's the problem Auroraflash...

This is not a "black or white" issue, Kishimoto is playing with Shikamaru being the "ladiesman" of the show, there is not definitive couples.
Old 2008-10-02, 15:03   Link #200
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
But, that's the problem Auroraflash...

This is not a "black or white" issue, Kishimoto is playing with Shikamaru being the "ladiesman" of the show, there is not definitive couples.
So you're saying he gets a harem?