Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-22, 09:44   Link #1861
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

He did make that promise with that shrine maiden in the first shippuuden movie to pass on what she knew to the next generation, and considering Naruto knows nothing about being a shrine maiden, the only way he can help out with a new generation...

I leave the rest to imagination.
Old 2008-09-22, 12:54   Link #1862
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukitakegirl View Post
I think Naruto should end up with someone who possibly deserves him more like Hinata.
Hahahaha! I got a good laugh out of that one!

Deserves you say?

Che, anyone can tell you Kishimoto has a pretty whacked sense of the term: "deserves". Honestly, if Naruto were to end up with the person he deserves he'd be in permanent Sexy-Jutsu form and pumping out little Uchiha with Sasuke!

Ah, glad to get that one out, now I feel refreshed...

Seriously though, as much as Hinata deserves to have her feelings recipricated, she's done nothing to advance this. Sakura on the other hand has been with Naruto through hell and back. Yes, for the most part it was forced, but she has been there and they've developed alongside one another; that relationship has depth and, as made obvious by our resident case-and-point Sasuke, Kishi adores his depth.

It really does pain me to say this because I myself happen to rather like Hinata, but what I want and what Kishi wants are two totally different things and, at the end of the day, his fancy outweighs mine. I really do feel for the little Hyuuga, Kishi just doesn't seem to respect her (much the same as most of his female cast) and she ends up just being a piece of eye candy. When was the last time we saw her anyway?

Ah well, we'll always have FanFiction right?
Old 2008-09-23, 15:27   Link #1863
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The data book tells us what Naruto and company are currently thinking/feeling, not what they will think/feel. So, if the Data Book shows that Naruto does not currently "love" Sakura, then that simply means that Naruto does not currently "love" Skaura, which keeps in line with confirmed canon (i.e. he has not been shown to be romantically linked to Sakura).

Honestly, there will not be a change in their relationship for years (both in world as well as out), so all we have is the data books confirmation that within the current Narutoverse, Naruto does not officially "love" Sakura, even though the previous two data books listed him as being in love with her (added to that, this difference (his change from love to nothing) has to be acknowledge).
Err, does the databook tell about feelings or about relationships?
Old 2008-09-23, 17:20   Link #1864
Fran~
floating away...

databooks or no databooks, things are very simple.

First, Romance in Narutoverse is secundary. There are more important feelings here, like respect, caring, honour, etc... but "love" as "suki", hell no

Second, relationship between Naruto and Sakura is the classic "NAKAMA", like partners, comrades, between men is simple to see, but between men and women always is misunderstood to fans. Sasuke plays a key role in that, being like somekind of inspiration to both Naruto and Sakura.

Third, its a fact that Sakura told Sasuke her love for him. BUT, time and motivations are changing chapter after chapter. You can see a collision path between Sasuke and Naruto and Sakura, that will mean serious changes in what they feel for Sasuke, now Sasuke is a menace to Konoha.

Fourth, databooks are mere merchandise...

Sakura loves or loved sasuke, yes, but she could see how changed is Sasuke now, in the other hand, she hated Naruto, but now is her closest Nakama... people changes, one day is love, next day is hate... and vicecersa... Sasuke fighting against Konoha will change what Sakura see/saw in him.

Finally, one thing is wishful thinking (me being a NaruSakutard ) and another one, what really will happen in manga... and... please, keep Hinata far from this, she barely says a word...
Old 2008-09-23, 21:31   Link #1865
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
databooks or no databooks, things are very simple.

First, Romance in Narutoverse is secundary. There are more important feelings here, like respect, caring, honour, etc... but "love" as "suki", hell no

Second, relationship between Naruto and Sakura is the classic "NAKAMA", like partners, comrades, between men is simple to see, but between men and women always is misunderstood to fans. Sasuke plays a key role in that, being like somekind of inspiration to both Naruto and Sakura.

Third, its a fact that Sakura told Sasuke her love for him. BUT, time and motivations are changing chapter after chapter. You can see a collision path between Sasuke and Naruto and Sakura, that will mean serious changes in what they feel for Sasuke, now Sasuke is a menace to Konoha.

Fourth, databooks are mere merchandise...

Sakura loves or loved sasuke, yes, but she could see how changed is Sasuke now, in the other hand, she hated Naruto, but now is her closest Nakama... people changes, one day is love, next day is hate... and vicecersa... Sasuke fighting against Konoha will change what Sakura see/saw in him.

Finally, one thing is wishful thinking (me being a NaruSakutard ) and another one, what really will happen in manga... and... please, keep Hinata far from this, she barely says a word...
Good points. I agree about the camaraderie thing, and how there are other kinds of feelings more important than romance at play between Naruto and Sakura right now (respect, trust, friendship). Or at least that is being emphasized. Sasuke tying the two together by being an inspiration, although things are about to change.

As for the distinction at the end, here is a similar distinction people should be mindful of: what should to happen, versus what probably will happen given factors that are at work. You could wish for something and not think it will happen. You could also think something will happen even though you wish it wouldn't. I think all of these are relevant to the thread, but it's helpful to keep track of which is being advocating and not get them mixed up: I think lots of thinks will happen that I don't think ought to happen (i.e. Sakura not dying) and there are things I think will happen that I wish would not (NaruSakura).
Old 2008-09-26, 20:55   Link #1866
chilokar

Exclamation Ok people i have to explain this...again

:f rustrated:
OK.....NARUTO HAS TO END UP WITH SAKURA...
1: THE STORY HAS HINTED IN SHIPPUDDEN SAKURAS FEELINGS FOR NARUTO( HER LOVE FOR HIM)....YES THEY USED LOVE
2:NARUTO CANNOT END UP WITH HINATA BEACUSE ITS NOT IN THE AUTHORS STYLE TO DO THAT....IF NARUTO MARRIES HINATA, THIER CHILD WILL HAVE A BLOODLINE TRAIT, ALTHOUGH COOL, ITS NOT "NARUTOS" STYLE TO HAVE ANY TYPE OF ADVANTAGE...HENCE HE HAS TO WORK HARD, MAKING HIM THE WORK HARD HERO...FOR ANYONE IN HIS FAMILY AFTERWARDS TO HAVE A BLOODLINE TRAIT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...
3:IMAGINE NARUTO IN THE HYUGA CLAN...HOKAGE NARUTO IN HYUGA CLAN....
4:SAKURA IS PLAIN!!! A PLAIN WOMAN TO HAVE A BABY THAT WILL MAKE HIS OWN NAME TO LIVE UP TO HIS FATHER, THE HOKAGE.....WHICH SOUNDS MORE LIKE "NARUTO"
5:SASUKE HAS TO DIE....HE HAS TO FIGHT NARUTO AND NARUTO CANT LET HIM DESTROY KONAHA LIKE ITACHI...HE WANTS TO SAVE HIM, AND THATS WHY ITACHI GAVE NARUTO THE ABILITY TO PUT OUT AMERATSU...BUT, SASUKE CANNOT BE REASONED WITH, THEREFORE....HE HAS TO DIE.
6:SAKURA IS A MAIN CHARACHTER...THE PROTAGONIST....NARUTO IS NOT A TRAGEDY...SHE CANT END UP ALONE OR DEAD..SASUKE WILL NEVER TAKE HER, IN FACT HE WANTS TO WIPE OUT KONOHA...SO....IT WONT WORK.

ALL THE FACTS POINT TO ONE AWNSER...BUT YOU ONLY CAN BE SURE AFTER YOU SEE IT:fru strated:
Old 2008-09-26, 21:24   Link #1867
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilokar View Post
1: THE STORY HAS HINTED IN SHIPPUDDEN SAKURAS FEELINGS FOR NARUTO( HER LOVE FOR HIM)....YES THEY USED LOVE
2:NARUTO CANNOT END UP WITH HINATA BEACUSE ITS NOT IN THE AUTHORS STYLE TO DO THAT....IF NARUTO MARRIES HINATA, THIER CHILD WILL HAVE A BLOODLINE TRAIT, ALTHOUGH COOL, ITS NOT "NARUTOS" STYLE TO HAVE ANY TYPE OF ADVANTAGE...HENCE HE HAS TO WORK HARD, MAKING HIM THE WORK HARD HERO...FOR ANYONE IN HIS FAMILY AFTERWARDS TO HAVE A BLOODLINE TRAIT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...
4:SAKURA IS PLAIN!!! A PLAIN WOMAN TO HAVE A BABY THAT WILL MAKE HIS OWN NAME TO LIVE UP TO HIS FATHER, THE HOKAGE.....WHICH SOUNDS MORE LIKE "NARUTO"
5:SASUKE HAS TO DIE....HE HAS TO FIGHT NARUTO AND NARUTO CANT LET HIM DESTROY KONAHA LIKE ITACHI...HE WANTS TO SAVE HIM, AND THATS WHY ITACHI GAVE NARUTO THE ABILITY TO PUT OUT AMERATSU...BUT, SASUKE CANNOT BE REASONED WITH, THEREFORE....HE HAS TO DIE.
6:SAKURA IS A MAIN CHARACHTER...THE PROTAGONIST....NARUTO IS NOT A TRAGEDY...SHE CANT END UP ALONE OR DEAD..SASUKE WILL NEVER TAKE HER, IN FACT HE WANTS TO WIPE OUT KONOHA...SO....IT WONT WORK.

ALL THE FACTS POINT TO ONE AWNSER...BUT YOU ONLY CAN BE SURE AFTER YOU SEE IT:fru strated:
Well, it's obvious that it is going to happen, but that doesn't mean we have to like it.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:34   Link #1868
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Well, it's obvious that it is going to happen, but that doesn't mean we have to like it.
It doesn't mean you have to like it. I like it. I never liked the idea of Sasuke getting with Sakura. Sasuke should get with Hinata. A mix of Byakugan and Sharingan has never been existed or at least mentioned. This one could be strong or possibly mean a person could awaken both abilities at the same time... maybe a white Sharingan... oh, good for a story ^^
Old 2008-09-27, 23:42   Link #1869
MikoKikyo

Wait a minute, wait a minute... That's a pretty bold claim you're making. Let's assess your claims.

Quote:

1- but the story has ALSO hinted that Hinata has feelings for Naruto. So that assertion is worthless unless you ALSO explain why Hinata's feelings are less important than Sakura's.

A lot of people in this thread have been claiming that the feelings shown by Sakura is not love but something more akin to friendship, respect, and admiration. Now, I'm not saying they're necessarily correct, but if you're going to dismiss them all, shouldn't you give a reason? You can't just assert it's love and expect us to believe it blindly. When exactly did "they use love"? Why are you correct that it's love, and the other people wrong?

2- the if-then conditional statement you made is simply false, because it could be the case that (i) naruto marries hinata and (ii) hinata DOESN"t have a child. Now... that is unlikely given the seemingly sexist tendencies of the author, but it's not wholly unlikely since she's a ninja. So you just have to give us a reason to eliminate that possibility.

In any case, that argument is flawed. Just because Naruto has to work hard in order to be strong, does not mean that he can't have a bloodline child. Hinata still works hard and she's bloodline. Neji is bloodline and he's still way stronger than Hinata. Also, the author could give the kid some trait that made them disadvantageous in battle such that to counteract that, even with the bloodline, they would have to work hard. Therefore, being bloodline doesn't mean one has no basis on which to work hard.

Another problem with your argument: support for the premise that just because Naruto is strongly driven to work hard, all of his descendents must be the same way? Even his own child? I'm not seeing your case.

3- I'm imagining it. It is a bit strange. So? Strange things don't happen in fictional worlds?

4- This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while: "A PLAIN WOMAN TO HAVE A BABY THAT WILL MAKE HIS OWN NAME TO LIVE UP TO HIS FATHER, THE HOKAGE"

Really? Are you saying that a plain woman suits Naruto better because it will allow the baby to live up to his father?

What's the idea, exactly? That an impressive woman would steal the spotlight away from Naruto? That she would overshadow him and make him look little and insignificant in comparison, even though he IS (or would be, as you say) the hokage?

Also, you claim: Sakura is plain.
Nothing more than unfound opinion. She's clever, beautiful, was at the top of her class, has super strength, is a super talented medical ninja, and was trained by the Hokage. Not so sure what's plain about that.

5 - I didn't read anything past "Sasuke has to die" because I don't have to, in order to demolish this argument. I'm just going to assume your claim is true and show that even if true, it doesn't show Naruto has to end with Sakura.

So let's just take that claim "Sasuke has to die" and assume it's true. So, Sasuke dies. From here it's supposed to follow that Naruto ends with Sakura. But it's not as if the only thing preventing Naruto and Sakura from getting together is Sasuke. First, it's not clear Sakura is in love with Naruto, and although you've stated that, you've given no evidence or reasons for it. Secondly, it's not clear that by the end of the show Naruto will still like Sakura. If the author decides to have Naruto to end with Hinata, then he can have Naruto start liking Hinata, just as, if he decides to have Naruto end with Sakura, he'll have to make Sakura start liking Naruto, and so far he hasn't done that in any conclusive way (pending your evidence, of course). In short, NaruHina is consistent with Sasuke dying.

6 - that's your best reason, I think. It's an ok reason to speculate NaruSaku, but it doesn't show Naruto *has* to end with Sakura, which is a bolder claim, and what you assert. First, where we are in the anime right now, and this is not a manga thread, Naruto is still trying to "save" Sasuke. So it can't be a brute fact that Sasuke can't be saved, the mere fact Naruto is still trying to save him, and the plot partly revolves on that, shows that the probability Sasuke can be saved is greater than 0. But suppose it's a fact that Sasuke is no longer Sakura's prospect (which does seem to be the case). Now, Sakura changed in some pretty significant ways since the beginning. Most people never expected her to become so strong so quickly. We've seen a lot of development of Sakura's character, and in a short period of time. She no longer seems to be whining over Sasuke. So she's capable of changing in remarkable ways. Is it really so surprising that she's capable of changing her feelings? If the author wanted for whatever reason to make NaruHina work, he could give her another prospect. He made the whole Shikamaru Temari thing work fairly quickly, and the Asuma thing too. Just because she doesn't have a prospect right now doesn't mean she will never have one in the future.

I'm not saying that Naruto will end with Hinata, only that your "reasons" don't nearly show what you think it shows. At most, they are fair suggestions, but supporters of NaruHina can also give fair suggestions for their case.

You need to do a lot more work by way of evidence to show "NARUTO HAS TO END WITH HINATA."

Don't take it personally I don't really care who Naruto ends up with, I watch the show to distract myself and have no emotional ties to it. But I'm very bored right now and rather enjoy the exercise of evaluating logical arguments.

Last edited by MikoKikyo; 2008-09-28 at 00:10.
Old 2008-09-28, 02:22   Link #1870
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I can't read this... It's all CAPS LOCK.

1. Prove it. Give me a manga number or a screenshot. I don't remember them using the word "love" anywhere.

2. And are you privy to the thoughts of Kishimoto? I thought not. How do you know that he wouldn't pair them up? The existence of a kekkei genkai seems like a weak basis for ruling out a relationship with the main character.

3. Now you're just jumping the gun. We don't actually know how marriage into clans works, so even trying to imagine it isn't based on anything real that we've seen so far. It could be that he doesn't become part of the Hyuuga Clan at all, but his child does. And he hasn't become hokage yet, so I don't even know why you bothered mentioning that, since it's still hypothetical at best.

4. "Sakura is plain"... okay, that's pure opinion. So she doesn't have a tragic past... that doesn't mean she has no character depth. Again, you're assuming things. Yes, Naruto likes Sakura, but she doesn't really like him back. At least she doesn't like him more than Sasuke.

5. I also agree that Sasuke has to die, but that doesn't mean that he will. I have no idea what Kishimoto has planned, but it could be that Sasuke will end up coming back to the village, or even be sent into exile or something. For all we know, Sakura could follow him if that happens.

6. Well, some of what you said here doesn't even make sense, but Sakura CAN end up alone. After all, she and Naruto are turning into the next generation's Tsunade and Jiraiya, after all, with Sasuke becoming the next Orochimaru. If they follow the same pattern as Tsunade and Jiraiya, which I find extremely likely given the theme of recurrence and continuity that happens in the series, then Sakura and Naruto will be good friends, but not have a romantic relationship.

Oh, and CAPS LOCK, CAPS LOCK, CAPS LOCK.
Old 2008-10-01, 01:47   Link #1871
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Who's typing caps here? Don't you know anything about typography? Font is a rhythmic building of ascenders, descenders, lines, bevels, curves, capitals and lower case letters. Using only capitals actually makes it hard to read your text and therefore doesn't catch anyone's attention but lets the readers tire more easily. Besides, you're losing a serious face here.
_____

And besides, I agree to the others. You have no proof of what you say and in addition, you don't even read what others say before. You are just a squaller stumbling in.
Old 2008-10-03, 21:34   Link #1872
Calavera

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimboSlice View Post
What do you think. Like in the very end of the series whenever that may be, do you think they will eventually get together?
If we want to be realistic, it's not likely that Sakura will ever fall in love with Naruto ... simply due to the fact that Naruto does not attract her at all with his wimpy attitude with respect to her. If it's Sakura he wants, he better man up and stand up for himself everytime Sakura disrespects him.

Girls, like Sakura, dig guys with strong masculinity (like Sasuke).
Old 2008-10-03, 22:22   Link #1873
vampiregod14

Thumbs up

Here is my opinion naruto has 2 end up with hinata simply due to the fact that the author never does any thing without a reason, so he made hinata like naruto for a reason.
Old 2008-10-03, 22:25   Link #1874
Palerogue
SasuSaku Forever!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
If we want to be realistic, it's not likely that Sakura will ever fall in love with Naruto ... simply due to the fact that Naruto does not attract her at all with his wimpy attitude with respect to her. If it's Sakura he wants, he better man up and stand up for himself everytime Sakura disrespects him.

Girls, like Sakura, dig guys with strong masculinity (like Sasuke).
I do agree with you. I am a SasuSaku fan and I do not know what is going to happen. I want it to be a happy ending though. I just have a hard time thinking that Kishi would just kill off Sasuke after dedicating so much of the story to him. That is my opinion. We will have to wait...
Old 2008-10-04, 13:15   Link #1875
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregod14 View Post
Here is my opinion naruto has 2 end up with hinata simply due to the fact that the author never does any thing without a reason, so he made hinata like naruto for a reason.
There is a reason: Hinata acts as the "other girl" in an anime. She gives the series more credibility. Especially the main pairing.
Not only that, but she is pretty good comic relief. (Or maybe I'm just cruel...)
Old 2008-10-05, 09:03   Link #1876
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Oh God, its the World Shippers War 9! No one will be left standing!
Spoiler for link:

Why can't we be peceful like?
Spoiler for Makes everyone happy:

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2008-10-05 at 09:15.
Old 2008-10-05, 14:48   Link #1877
APastelPainting

I would be O.K. with that
Old 2008-10-07, 12:13   Link #1878
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
There is a reason: Hinata acts as the "other girl" in an anime. She gives the series more credibility. Especially the main pairing.
Not only that, but she is pretty good comic relief. (Or maybe I'm just cruel...)
No, life is cruel, we take the heat for laughing about it.
Old 2008-10-16, 14:46   Link #1879
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Oh God, its the World Shippers War 9! No one will be left standing!
Spoiler for link:

Why can't we be peceful like?
Spoiler for Makes everyone happy:

someone should edit that pic and have Naruto be in the car instead of Sakura since he is the one who cannot stop thinking about Sasuke.
Old 2008-10-17, 07:48   Link #1880
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ok some of you gotta settle down, we all know that Naruto is gonna end up with Sasuke. They are too gay for eachother, theres no way around it.
Closed Thread