AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-04, 17:57   Link #21
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

I seriously hope he has a better reason for being evil besides what it's looking like:

Either A:

Mad quest for power.

B:

Permanent revenge on the Leaf

or C:

Disturbing childhood event like Sasuke and Haku.

If it comes out as something different, he may still have hope as a cool villain and not just a standard archetype.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 18:01   Link #22
Kage_Bunshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
when oro and the 3rd fight, all will be explain.

hahahah... with 1ep/week..... and the slow moving pace of the anime. very much like dragonball style where they talk for 3/4 of the show....and the last 1/4 is action.... and even though in naruto time. they fight in what? 30 mins later? i think it'll be a well.... month or 2 before we see it
Kage_Bunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 18:13   Link #23
fotonios

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
fotonios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 18:57   Link #24
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotonios
Spoiler:
Where did you read that?
Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 20:41   Link #25
fotonios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Where did you read that?
Spoiler:
i think i remember orochimarou saying that he has been gone for 10 years(to kabuto if i remember corectly,or to kakashi,or to the third hokage).,and also konomarous(3rd hokage grandson child) teacher asking jiraya(where have u been these last ten years)
but think about it this way and youll see it makes sence,it was the third hokage who found oro in doing his experiments.now,if the fourth hokage was around,it would be his job to go against orochimarou.we know that oro left cause he was not made fourth hokage.and beacause oro left the same day he was discovered,that means that oro left after the fourt hokage was chosen AND also after he died,right?
now the fourth died 12 years ago,the age of naruto.so it makes sence that oro left 10 years ago.
fotonios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 21:09   Link #26
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
Orochimaru said to Sandaime, "It's been over ten years since I left the Leaf." Not ten years on the dot.
Jack Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 13:09   Link #27
theonlycowboy2002

If I remember right, in the manga series they say, as they found out oro was as the exam, they say... If only the third was here.....
SO, the third (I belive) WAS greater then ORO, so might the third and ORO been rivals???

Maybee its a bit like Saskikun and Naruto later, when Saskikun wants the 2nd seel, he leaves for POWER.....
theonlycowboy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-05, 14:00   Link #28
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlycowboy2002
If I remember right, in the manga series they say, as they found out oro was as the exam, they say... If only the third was here.....
SO, the third (I belive) WAS greater then ORO, so might the third and ORO been rivals???

Maybee its a bit like Saskikun and Naruto later, when Saskikun wants the 2nd seel, he leaves for POWER.....
Anko said 'If only the fourth was here...', if thats what you're thinking of.

Spoiler:
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:37   Link #29
Chelseam2

I know why Orochimaru is evil.

It's horrible really.

Orochimaru wasn't evil his whole entire life.
In fact, Naruto or Gaara can relate to him the most.

His parents died at an early age. He was different from others (His looks) and many though he had the snake demon in him. (He doesn't.)
For this, he was treated like Naruto or Gaara was. He harbored a lot of anger in his heart and never left.
He had expected sympathy when his parents died, but instead he got harsh looks, was shunned, and had people picking on him or hurting him.
He knew he was the favorite student and couldn't understand why the Hokage chose someone without much self discipline, who wasn't much of a good fighter (In Orochimaru's opinion) That sense of betrayal added along with that hurt, anger, and hate that he had felt before in his childhood.
It left him feeling cold.
He had been experimenting secretly on others before, but he became sloppy afterward, not seeing any reason why he should keep up a good face. He challenged the Hokage when caught and then fled.
All that anger made it easy for him to hurt, kill, and use people like pawns.

Remembering his childhood, how he looked a little different, and how he was treated for it, you make one joke about how he looks and you'll most likely regret it.
To tease him would just be rekindling the fire.
.....And turn you into a living vegetable.

I have a joke to say.....

Fifty-four years old, and Orochimaru still hasn't grown out of biting people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Oro has always been "evil".
Actually, he's fighting for power. And a great power make men evil. He's willing to sacrifice anyone to obtain power, that what makes him "evil".

But at that time, even if he had great ambitions, he was still a kid, so he couldn't harm anyone. He was the 3rd's student along with Jiraiya and Tsunade. He didn't really betray his friends, but he has a grudge against the 3rd, his teacher, for not nominating him the 4th Hokage (that's why he wants to destroy the Leaf now).
Chelseam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 00:32   Link #30
MikoKikyo

Not sure there needs to be a reason. In the flashbacks he always struck me as the extreme rational kind.

Like when the little orphans in the village showed up and he turned to Jiraya and Tsunade and said
"should we kill them? Orphans don't fare well after battles" (he went on to give some rationalization). He was completely serious and didn't even seem to realize the problem with what he was suggesting.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 03:10   Link #31
Takashipl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
He was completely serious and didn't even seem to realize the problem with what he was suggesting.
Was there any problem?
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 15:56   Link #32
kitten320

He is evil because he wanted power and afterwards immortality. But actually if to think everything started from positive intentions. He wanted to help the village and his friends but they didn't accept his methods.
Old 2009-10-27, 16:08   Link #33
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
He is evil because he wanted power and afterwards immortality. But actually if to think everything started from positive intentions. He wanted to help the village and his friends but they didn't accept his methods.
Which is kinda weird, knowing that the same people who refuse Orochimaruīs methods are ninjas who send children out onto the battlefield.

Really, there is no good or evil, just different point of views.
Old 2009-10-27, 17:08   Link #34
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Of all the forums i've ever been on, this the only forum where people commonly resurrect 5 year old threads and no one starts insulting them. A testament to the civility of the board
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 18:57   Link #35
Gin
*Artist

I think a lot of people just don't look at the dates, so they don't realize how old it is. I will start insulting people from now on if you want.
Old 2009-10-27, 18:59   Link #36
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^Oh come on, itīs a nice change to the boring talk going on in the chapter discussions.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:26   Link #37
MikoKikyo

I agree!

Gin, Lol that's ok, don't trouble yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashipl View Post
Was there any problem?
Not if you subscribe to a utilitarian view of ethics.

Yes otherwise.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 10:03   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
Not if you subscribe to a utilitarian view of ethics.
Well the weird thing was that he DID subscribe to some sort of ethics at the time, so he clearly wasn't always evil. So I think if had things turned out differently then Orochimaru wouldn't have turned out evil (which I think he is now)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 22:22   Link #39
Vortex5678

I think he tried to become powerful so he could find a way to see his parents again. After Sarutobi said that his parents may have been reincarnated, Orochimaru saw immortality as a way to eventually find them.
Vortex5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 15:47   Link #40
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseam2 View Post
It's horrible really.

Orochimaru wasn't evil his whole entire life.
In fact, Naruto or Gaara can relate to him the most.

His parents died at an early age. He was different from others (His looks) and many though he had the snake demon in him. (He doesn't.)
For this, he was treated like Naruto or Gaara was. He harbored a lot of anger in his heart and never left.
He had expected sympathy when his parents died, but instead he got harsh looks, was shunned, and had people picking on him or hurting him.
He knew he was the favorite student and couldn't understand why the Hokage chose someone without much self discipline, who wasn't much of a good fighter (In Orochimaru's opinion) That sense of betrayal added along with that hurt, anger, and hate that he had felt before in his childhood.
It left him feeling cold.
He had been experimenting secretly on others before, but he became sloppy afterward, not seeing any reason why he should keep up a good face. He challenged the Hokage when caught and then fled.
All that anger made it easy for him to hurt, kill, and use people like pawns.

Remembering his childhood, how he looked a little different, and how he was treated for it, you make one joke about how he looks and you'll most likely regret it.
To tease him would just be rekindling the fire.
.....And turn you into a living vegetable.

I have a joke to say.....

Fifty-four years old, and Orochimaru still hasn't grown out of biting people.
Sorry, but all of this is just stupid speculation. It was never shown how he got through his childhood or if people made fun of him or not. You're just assuming that for some reason (probably because you sympathize with Orochimaru), it's not shown. All that is shown is that he was a talented ninja when he was young.

As for why he's evil; he's not evil, he's a crazy mad scientist who holds some grudges. I don't think he's really evil, it's just that he researches the most disgusting things and uses innocent people as sacrifices. People usually consider it evil when you use innocent people and even children as lab rats.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote