Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-19, 17:42   Link #621
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Ouch! all of those random capitalizations hurt my eyes

Sigh, I re-read one piece as well. Oda has not explained a ton of things for a reason, it's so that people will still read the manga. I will not be surprised if this manga goes on to 800 chapters, in fact, it will be quite easy for it to- I predict around 900 chapters or so (hopefully more if it stays good for that long )

On the previous posts' note, I love it how we have gotten to the point to where we are so confused, we are forgetting when it will actually come back, haha.

As for the spoilers, I can't imagine a fan who would not be salivating at the chance to get a spoiler as soon as possible. If you don't, you get the well deserved title of a masochist
Old 2010-09-19, 18:00   Link #622
marvelB

Y'know, I also used to be one of those who used to avoid spoilers..... but that was around the time of the Enies Lobby arc. Around the time Thriller Bark began, I just said "screw it", and became a spoiler junkie ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
If you don't, you get the well deserved title of a masochist

Honestly, I feel like more of a masochist for sticking with titles like Naruto, Bleach, and Reborn (even Fairy Tail, to some extent) for as long as I have......
Old 2010-09-19, 18:54   Link #623
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
4 weeks is too bloody much.
Old 2010-09-19, 18:56   Link #624
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Y'know, I also used to be one of those who used to avoid spoilers..... but that was around the time of the Enies Lobby arc. Around the time Thriller Bark began, I just said "screw it", and became a spoiler junkie ever since.
Well since you post new chapter threads you couldn't go back even if you wanted to?
Old 2010-09-19, 20:20   Link #625
Slayerx

I used to be a spoiler junkie... spoiled the Duval reveal for myself...
but my WILL has remained strong for many months now, and i no longer read one piece spoilers... unlike some other mangas, the surprises and twists are too good to spoil, it's just not worth it. It's totally worth waiting an extra few days because its just so much more satisfying
Old 2010-09-19, 21:51   Link #626
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Ouch! all of those random capitalizations hurt my eyes

Sigh, I re-read one piece as well. Oda has not explained a ton of things for a reason, it's so that people will still read the manga. I will not be surprised if this manga goes on to 800 chapters, in fact, it will be quite easy for it to- I predict around 900 chapters or so (hopefully more if it stays good for that long )

On the previous posts' note, I love it how we have gotten to the point to where we are so confused, we are forgetting when it will actually come back, haha.

As for the spoilers, I can't imagine a fan who would not be salivating at the chance to get a spoiler as soon as possible. If you don't, you get the well deserved title of a masochist

I recently reread all of one piece as as well, and I have to say that there are so many loose ends that it seems there are at minimum probably 3 arcs left to take place unless Oda changes his writing style. I think he said in an Interview is he'd like to say he is 90% of the way done in the next 3 years, but he's more like half way at the current moment. I don't think he can maintain the current pace and expect to be done in 200 chapters.
Old 2010-09-20, 09:26   Link #627
Lukrin

Actually after thinking i wont read the spoilers the chapter is too god to be spoiled
i can w8 5 more days for chapter to come out i hope
Old 2010-09-20, 09:46   Link #628
shankss
CP10

How about a first page like:
Akainu lies defeated on ground, beaten to death by gomu haki no attacks while a badly burned and bleeding Luffy standing over him wearing pirate king coat.

Second Page :
"2 Years Earlier"
A flashback to island training
Old 2010-09-20, 09:55   Link #629
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukrin View Post
Actually after thinking i wont read the spoilers the chapter is too god to be spoiled
i can w8 5 more days for chapter to come out i hope
Actually more like 1-2 days, spoilers usually appear at Tuesday/Wednesday and chapter Thursday/Friday, sometimes there is less than 24 hours between first spoilers and released chapter.

But the amount of willpower it requires to avoid spoilers is ridicilous, its always more than worth it but its so damn hard aswell.

Its great to see few lines of text and see what is going to happen but its atleast 10 times more awesome to read chapter panel by panel with no idea what happens on next page.

When you read spoilers you get excited but when you read the chapter its great but you also know what is going to happen, more you spoil yourself more dull will chapter appear.

Even mediciore chapters which are unspoiled can feel just so amazing and so much more intense.

But the knowledge that you could know content of next chapter just with few mouse clicks is so tormenting and it is so very easy to surrender to tempation and go read spoilers. I really dislike spoilers and how it splits enjoyment of chapter on two smaller parts but its so damn hard to wait one more day.

But next chapter will be special and first of post-timeskip and we already have waited it for month so one or two days wont kill...or will it?
Old 2010-09-20, 10:19   Link #630
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Its great to see few lines of text and see what is going to happen but its atleast 10 times more awesome to read chapter panel by panel with no idea what happens on next page.

When you read spoilers you get excited but when you read the chapter its great but you also know what is going to happen, more you spoil yourself more dull will chapter appear.

Even mediciore chapters which are unspoiled can feel just so amazing and so much more intense.
Actually for me it's not much of a problem. By the time the chapter is released I'm so excited that during the reading, while wiping the foam of my mouth, I realize I half-forgot what is going to happen.

Spoilers are instant gratification, but I never bother with reading this discussion thread until the full chapter has been released. That way it doesn't sink in so well.

Or maybe I'm just retarded. Twould explain the foaming from the mouth.
Old 2010-09-20, 11:03   Link #631
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
Or maybe I'm just retarded. Twould explain the foaming from the mouth.
Nah thats actually pretty typical reaction when you read One Piece, I recommend not using your best shirt when you read next chapter after 4 week break...
Old 2010-09-20, 11:04   Link #632
d3ad3r

Chapter in Japan - 4th October
Spoilers on the internet - 29th September
Full Chapter on the internet - 29th/30th September

Sorry for the big letters but some people seem to be blind or something.
Old 2010-09-20, 14:54   Link #633
marvelB

^Actually, I think it's good that you did that. In fact, I think I'll stick that message to this thread's opening post (I believe the mods have no objection to that notion....?).

Anyways, seeing as this is the last week of the break for us, I think I'll talk about something that (as far as I know) hasn't been discussed much so far: The future of the world government's top brass. We've already pretty much discussed the marines' future to death already (and even Cipher Pol was brought up at some point), but what I'm referring to here is the WG's "inner circle".... i.e. the five elders and the world nobles. It was already hinted by Dragon that the WG would be seeing some significant changes after Whitebeard's death, and so I wonder.... what if these changes lead to internal power struggles? I don't think I've said this before but I'm actually kind of a sucker for stories about political intrigue, and I just think it would be extremely interesting if someone from within the government tries to take advantage of the new policies in order to gain extra power for themselves. As you can now guess, one of the main reasons why Spandam's one of my favorite villains is because he was such a corrupt, power-hungry bastard. However, I'm not expecting him to be the one making any secret plots this time around (he doesn't strike me as being competent enough to control the WG from the shadows, despite all of his connections). This is something I'd leave up to the world nobles (or Stelly, who I still suspect will be a government big-shot after the timeskip)....

Edit: Ah, james already beat me to the post edit. Well, as long as the message is made clear.....
Old 2010-09-20, 15:20   Link #634
Lukrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Actually more like 1-2 days, spoilers usually appear at Tuesday/Wednesday and chapter Thursday/Friday, sometimes there is less than 24 hours between first spoilers and released chapter.

But the amount of willpower it requires to avoid spoilers is ridicilous, its always more than worth it but its so damn hard aswell.

But the knowledge that you could know content of next chapter just with few mouse clicks is so tormenting and it is so very easy to surrender to tempation and go read spoilers. I really dislike spoilers and how it splits enjoyment of chapter on two smaller parts but its so damn hard to wait one more day.

But next chapter will be special and first of post-timeskip and we already have waited it for month so one or two days wont kill...or will it?
actually no the next chapter's spoilers will be out 5 days before chapter is out
i can't say i can w8 but i will try

the thing is about spoilers when ur reading them and something unexpected happens ...it's just not so exciting

its like reading the newspaper it gives you alot of infromation but its boring
like hell
Old 2010-09-20, 19:03   Link #635
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, seeing as this is the last week of the break for us, I think I'll talk about something that (as far as I know) hasn't been discussed much so far: The future of the world government's top brass. We've already pretty much discussed the marines' future to death already (and even Cipher Pol was brought up at some point), but what I'm referring to here is the WG's "inner circle".... i.e. the five elders and the world nobles. It was already hinted by Dragon that the WG would be seeing some significant changes after Whitebeard's death, and so I wonder.... what if these changes lead to internal power struggles? I don't think I've said this before but I'm actually kind of a sucker for stories about political intrigue, and I just think it would be extremely interesting if someone from within the government tries to take advantage of the new policies in order to gain extra power for themselves. As you can now guess, one of the main reasons why Spandam's one of my favorite villains is because he was such a corrupt, power-hungry bastard. However, I'm not expecting him to be the one making any secret plots this time around (he doesn't strike me as being competent enough to control the WG from the shadows, despite all of his connections). This is something I'd leave up to the world nobles (or Stelly, who I still suspect will be a government big-shot after the timeskip)....
I generally think that power struggles internal to a government at top level in a non-democratic process usually means the death of the government. It would mean a Coup de tat or similar. I don't know if Oda is that realistic, but if we are realistic. I expect to see more sifting among the lower ranks than in the upper
I'm curious what the Marines are going to look like, and what the status of the Shichibukai will be. The Shichubukai have proven to be very disobedient.

On a random note everytime James says WSJ i think wall street journal.
Old 2010-09-20, 20:26   Link #636
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

I'm really hoping that dragon will play more of an integral role in the new world- at least have more panel-bad-assness-time. I could go for a side story with his crew liberating various countries... I think that we may see a lot more of him now that Kuma is presumably under Vegapunk's control and everything. I'm betting on a save-our-comrade by the revolutionary soldiers with Luffy's possible help..

As I do think we will see more of the inner circle of the WG in the next half of the series, I do not think that their structure will change that much, if at all. If anything, they become stricter in policies and whatnot but as far as I'm concerned, not much will be done.

The one person who COULD bring about a change to the WG would be Vegapunk (with his important role and the pacifists and all), which I would like to see as well. I'm really hoping that he won't turn out to be the mad scientist, that would be a real downer.
Old 2010-09-21, 08:42   Link #637
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Lightbulb

Well guys it's better if anyone of you who posses a regular haki just take the next spoiler when its came out...

because only the one who possesed 'King Haki' could survive the next SPOILER attact.

baaaah....its been to loooooong

*sorry for getting of topic*
Old 2010-09-21, 09:46   Link #638
d3ad3r

Spoilers for the 4th Grand Countdown bring with it a sketch of a page(or half of it?) from the next chapter.

Spoiler for don't read if you don't want to be spoiled:

That's just food for thought and I hope and I'm not breaking any rules. Please edit my post or tell me if there's anything I did wrong.

It seems next chapter will have 24 pages.

Last edited by d3ad3r; 2010-09-21 at 12:02.
Old 2010-09-21, 12:07   Link #639
marvelB

^In addition to that sweet news, something else neat was also announced: In November the latest data book, One Piece Green, will be released alongside volume 60! This could mean that we'll finally get the names of the supernovas' devil fruits, as well as some of the various VAs and NW captains from the Marineford arc (like the dalmation VA, the walrus captain, etc.). Boy, I can't wait....!

But yeah, it's pretty awesome that we're getting a lil' sneak peak of the next chapter before the completed one comes out next week.
Old 2010-09-21, 13:50   Link #640
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Excuse me while I go change my pants.....

I think it will be awesome to see all of the DF abilities. It might give us some insight on who would be the next best candidates for Admirable and the like.