AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-05-06, 08:21   Link #15781
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Koizumi isn't really all that out of proportion. We're dealing with the tallest guy in the series and one of the shortest girls, after all, and Nagato's barely taller than Mikuru.
Yeah, but he's ussually not portrayed as THAT tall. Here there's a good 3-4 inches before the top of Yuki's head even reaches Itsuki's shoulders. If Yuki is 5'1 here, Itsuki is VERY safely north of six feet.

I guess some people like drawing couples like that. Seems to emphasize masculine/feminine characteristics more. (who was the pixiv artist btw?)
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 09:51   Link #15782
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Nagato's also kinda slanted in the picture... hmm... there's a moment in the montage during the Adventure of Mikuru movie where Yuki is hugging Itsuki from the side(all part of the movie, nothing at all to do with them potentially being a couple... hence my using Yuki and Itsuki instead of Nagato and Koizumi), with Mikuru freaking out... I remember her actually being quite short compared to him there. I'd take a screenshot myself, but I can't ever seem to remember where I put things.

Anyone mind doing me a favor and getting that? I promise I won't stab you... or bite... or light you on fire... or... how about we just go with "I won't do anything bad," okay?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 09:59   Link #15783
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

I'll upload it, though it'll be a couple of hours before I get the chance.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:06   Link #15784
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Scratch that request, found it and skipped to that part. Yeah, she's way too short in that pic compared to him. I blame the very shoujou-y style it's in.

@Gamer: Thanks anyway. Guess you could still upload it if you really wanted. It is a rather funny sight, given how completely unnatural it looks.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2011-05-06, 12:55   Link #15785
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Scratch that request, found it and skipped to that part. Yeah, she's way too short in that pic compared to him. I blame the very shoujou-y style it's in.

@Gamer: Thanks anyway. Guess you could still upload it if you really wanted. It is a rather funny sight, given how completely unnatural it looks.
A big part is because her head isn't larger than Itsuki's like in the anime. The anime had the girls drawn less proportionally tall than the guys. If you keep the proportions but keep the heads to scale more or less, you end up with the guys towering over the girls. (you also have the occasional illustrations/screen caps in the anime where it's REALLY obvious the girls have larger heads).

Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 13:18   Link #15786
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Go alien witch! Give the guy an incredibly awkward and unnatural hug, even that's more than the future waitress girl will ever be able to do!
Old 2011-05-06, 19:06   Link #15787
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Boy, Itsuki is super smooth with his hand placement. First on Mikuru on page 786 (both hands, because if he was really trying to carry her correctly, his right hand would be under her knees), and now he's feeling up Yuki. (You can tell it's intentional because that arm is slightly forward, rather than at his side like the other one.)

For shame, Itsuki.
Old 2011-05-06, 22:21   Link #15788
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 10:45   Link #15789
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Cute pic. She looks a little thin, though. Would anyone mind getting the poor girl some food?
Old 2011-05-07, 19:41   Link #15790
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
I'm positive a certain bakery will take care of that.

Dat Kiki's Yuki's Delivery Service.
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 21:34   Link #15791
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Cute pic. She looks a little thin, though. Would anyone mind getting the poor girl some food?
She's a bottomless pit, if we fed her, all the food in the world would disappear xD

Dunno if this has been posted or what, but I found it and liked it and put a ring on it .
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 00:05   Link #15792
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

It looks like Haruhi managed to rope Taniguchi and Kunikida into something again. Though, I'm not sure if I really want to know what that is.
Old 2011-05-08, 06:19   Link #15793
Bern-san

that picture reminds me of episode 12 of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu when Kyon and Koizumi dress up as hosts (mikuru's reaction was epic)
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 16:46   Link #15794
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
that picture reminds me of episode 12 of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu when Kyon and Koizumi dress up as hosts (mikuru's reaction was epic)
"Miiii~! Miiii~!" *snickers* It was a little like a guinea pig in distress.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 20:14   Link #15795
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Guinea pig? That was like a baby rabbit.
Old 2011-05-09, 02:44   Link #15796
Aebliss
Story Master

I wouldn't know. I've never made a baby rabbit scream.
Old 2011-05-09, 03:10   Link #15797
Coreyrn

Coreyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 10:28   Link #15798
Aebliss
Story Master

Nice find! Is it me, though, or are Nagato's lips a little fuller than usual, her expression a bit more expressive? She looks thoughtful.
Old 2011-05-09, 12:57   Link #15799
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

That generally happens when one tries for a more realistic look than what is generally posted here. But yes, it is quite an amazing image. I almost want to see the same person's take on Haruhi and Mikuru, to be honest.
Old 2011-05-09, 13:26   Link #15800
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
I wouldn't know. I've never made a baby rabbit scream.
Notice that he never denies making a guinea pig scream. Hmm....

Tags
images