031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: This makes me miss filler... 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-07, 02:03   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 206 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Sakura's Feelings - サクラの想い ~ Sakura no Omoi.

Description:

Animation Supervisor: Hiromi Yoshinuma (196, 189, 179)
Storyboard & Episode Director: Hiroshi Kimura (175)
Screenplay: Shin Yoshida (200, 193, 178)

A Tailed Beast vs. A Tailed Beast With no Tail - 尾獣VS尾のない尾獣 ~ Bijū VS O no nai Bijū.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 02:09   Link #2
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Get ready for some massive lolz.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 07:05   Link #3
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
I have been waiting for this, finally.
100/100

Tho i wish Sakura would have never said what she did...
Old 2011-04-07, 07:21   Link #4
neshru

The episode was handled really well I thought, Sakura part included. People hated on the manga version, but the anime made it clear from the start that something was up with Sakura. Nothing seemed forced or stupid, it worked well.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 07:28   Link #5
Ze_

Thank god, Naruto acted the way i wanted him to and reject that bitch, i hate Sakura even more now. Only bad thing was Naruto still got his head wrapped around saving Sasuke sigh.
Old 2011-04-07, 07:59   Link #6
Wakan Tanka

I was waiting for Kisame, his voice fits his character perfectly, as usual....
Old 2011-04-07, 08:46   Link #7
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Average episode, too much of Sakura in it ...

Anyway .. Finally an OP that is not sung by males and sounds gay. This is definitely the best or at least one of the best OP's Naruto & Naruto Shippuuden has ever had. ( Blue Bird was good too ). ED was great too for a change.
Old 2011-04-07, 09:08   Link #8
sayde

Both OP and ED had tolerable songs this time around IMO. But both could've easily used more action as well unfortunately. Kisame vs Bee should prove fun. And as for the rest of the episode itself, well I guess it's title should've been changed from "Sakura's Feelings" to "Worst Confession in History". As usual Sakura never fails to impress...at failing. That said, I do agree that the episode did a good job of making it feel very obvious that something was off with their conversation long before Naruto rejected her. So good job to the anime team in that regard.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 10:10   Link #9
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I didn't really like the OP song. It wasn't annoying or anything. Just sort of generic. But I always like when they include every character. I think only Ino and Choji were missing. The OP was better than the ED. I don't know what they were going for there. Just a bunch of weird drawings.

Sakura... She traveled all the way to say that? I felt worse for Rock Lee who still clearly loves Sakura.
Old 2011-04-07, 12:04   Link #10
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
new OP/ED both were ok i guess.

So Sakura really did confess to Naruto. I'm not too sure if it's real or not as there are strong points for both sides. Most likely she's faking it as she had Sai's face (closed eyes with smile). It's interesting how Naruto loves Sakura so much but he could resist her, sure he made some good points but why not go back to town with Sakura and leave Sasake? I'm starting to think Naruto is becoming gay or something, starting to love men. Sai left an ink clone hiding when Sakura's group left so I'm guessing he might tell Naruto about it. Now Sakura wants to find Sasuke does he want to persuade him or kill him. Both could be possible, maybe persuade him if not possible then kill him?
Old 2011-04-07, 12:31   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I'm starting to think Naruto is becoming gay or something, starting to love men.
Did you really start thinking about it just now? Jokes aside, I guess it goes to tell how much Naruto is willing to sacrifice for his nakama, his promise to Sakura and his original goal of becoming hokage...and ofc, his way of the ninja.
Episode was ok, I would have preferred some more focus on the movement of the alliance and less Naruto-staring, but it's not that bad...gotta have some development after all Next ep will be teh coolness. New OP is the definition of average, kinda liked the old ED more.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-04-07 at 12:57.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 12:44   Link #12
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

I thought this episode was well done- Sakura's confession seemed to flow better in the anime. I think the sad part is, Sakura really is lying to both herself and to Naruto- but of course, Naruto can see right through it. Poor kid. It's going to be a rough day for him.
Old 2011-04-07, 13:28   Link #13
lousylaus

"sasuke sasuke sasuke"
"you used to be a prank loving loser."
"Sasuke keeps getting farther away" aka can't get sauce so I'm settling for you.
"You've become a hero, everyone admires you and I'm simply one of them now" so only just now, that's great. So even tho she's been with him all this time, saw what he accomplished, what he did for her, his determination in what he does. Yup not admirable, but now that everyone finally does feel that way, I do too.

What a confession!
Even if you're lying atleast chose your words more carefully.
Sounds more like a hate confession to me. Thinking very little of him, treating him like a kid, insulting his intelligence, thinking he's just gonna swallow it all and go back to konoha with her like her dog or something.

Is it ok for me to call her a stupid *****
I mean I was ready for all of this since I read the manga. Hated it then but it's like the anime made it even worse and more hateful.

I absolutely loved Sai face when she started hugging him, it's like he wanted to kill her. Don't know if it was because of all her bull**** or because he was just jealous tho, I don't know.
Too bad they opted not to show Lee's facepalm.

Last edited by lousylaus; 2011-04-07 at 18:09.
lousylaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 13:43   Link #14
FBZ

Send a message via ICQ to FBZ Send a message via AIM to FBZ
that confession by Sakura was so fake! I was very disappointed. Poor Naruto
FBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 14:05   Link #15
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousylaus View Post
Sounds more like a hate confession to me. Thinking very little of him, treating him like a kid, insulting his intelligence, thinking he's just gonna swallow it all and go back to konoha with her like her dog or something.
She's actually offering him what he's always wanted. It's pretty clear she doesn't love him as much as Sasuke, yet she's offering him the chance to be with her and stop this endless pursuit of Sasuke that was triggered but that "promise of a lifetime".
So she's not treating Naruto like her dog at all, she's actually willing to become his dog to make up for everything she's put him through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBZ View Post
that confession by Sakura was so fake! I was very disappointed. Poor Naruto
Of course it is fake, but she's doing it because she cares for him. Or at least because she feels guilty towards him.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 14:34   Link #16
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The episode is pretty much telling the audience that Sakura has no romantic feelings for Naruto, and Naruto has grown from his childish crush on Sakura.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 14:37   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I disagree with DeDe. ED song and the visual is far better than the OP. The OP song gets pretty weird when the visual starts to flesh out the thematics for what to come next. I was scratching my head at trying to figure out the point the song was trying to get across. The ED song has a very cheery and energetic rhythm to it and the visual matches it as such. The drawing is very high quality too where similar style was observed in a select few seriously good anime series out there.

As for the episode, haha.... the "legendary confession" was not what I expected. Now I'm very curious to read through the discussion of that corresponding manga chapter just to see what prompted the massive amount of discussion on this subject of Sakura's confession. The one thing that I've learned over the years that manga doesn't make it easy for a solid interpretation of the subject matter it is trying to get across due to the limitation imposed by static drawing and with very little background visual aid. Fans tend to misunderstand a lot at first glance to correctly interpret the affect the author is trying to convey. I'm guessing that's probably what happened in that manga thread too when the chapter came out. Wonder if Hunter made any post in it.

This psuedo confession still brought a lot of things to a new light which we were already getting glimpse of in the past episodes. Naruto has matured a lot. I was pretty surprised by how easily he said why Sasuke needs to walk the path he is on. A guy who loses his entire family in the hand of the very brother who he idealized day and night is nightmarish to say the least. When it is revealed that Itachi did what he did because he was nothing more than an instrument to carry out the sentencing so Konoha could exist, the shock would reverberated through his core. He also learned that his brother equally reciprocated the affection he had for Itachi. The proof was Itachi couldn't bring himself to kill Sasuke. In his pursuit of revenge he was relying on a "truth" that didn't even scratch the surface of the whole truth. I'm glad Naruto realized it so easily. Now I wonder if he is able to grasp the true meaning behind this desperation and the outpouring of emotion from Sakura through her psuedo confession. He understood the hollowness of it, but Sakura was still telling him something subtly.

Naruto is the great hero of Konoha who came in when all was seemingly lost against their battle with Pain. He single handedly brought Konoha back from the brink of total extermination. The key point here is single handedly. Yeah, I understand he wants to carry the burden, but it can't be easy for his friends, especially the one who is closest to him the most next to Sasuke. Naruto needs to share his burden. He needs to show that he can rely on others too. At the moment he is putting a lot of pressure on other by creating these feelings of guilt, helplessness, and the inability to contribute. The end result was Sakura's confession. I admire her courage to put herself through this. She was quite pitiful, but the desperation of the situation wasn't lost on me where the only wish was to tell Naruto he didn't need to squarely put the burden all to himself. I hope Naruto gets it soon. Fortunately for him, Kakashi is still there thoughtfully watching over him.

The rest of the episode was simply awesome. When the episode started I immediately paused to make sure I was indeed watching Naruto. Enka has that kind of affect on people. I'm also sorry to say Killer Bee has no talent for Enka. He is a good note taker though when he wrote down that's not a bear, but a tanuki. He even drew a sketch of it. The makeshift of chakra-skate was quite awesome too as Gaara and co were traveling over the snow. Where are they heading toward? I guess the goal here is to protect the remaining jinchuriki and I'm guessing half will go toward Naruto and the other half will converge onto Killer Bee's location. There is also the self proclaimed hokage, the killer of frog, that needs to be dealt with. Really looking forward to what's in store for us in the upcoming episodes.

Off to read the corresponding manga thread for this episode just because....
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 14:56   Link #18
Fran~
floating away...

The OP was awful... this arc is very epic and the OP didn't help at all. The ED was a little better though.

The problem of this episode is that didn't end yet. Granted, Sakura was lying... but she and her feelings aren't important at all. It's the same with what Jiraiya did with Orochi when they were young. Neither Sarutobi or him (or Tsunade) couldn't solved the situation. Jiraiya left everything because of Orochi, he could be Hokage, probably marry with some nice woman and rule Konoha, but he choose to try to save Orochi. Naruto is the same, the very same.

Now... let's see what will do Naruto now... Sakura never was important.

Ah... i saw episode 205 again right before 206... and i can't helped but to think in "that jutsu" that Jiraiya taught Naruto... doing the parallel with the Sage of the Six Paths... what if Jiraiya somehow teached Naruto some kind of Sealing Jutsu?.

Every week i have this feeling that Naruto will be the new Sage of the Six Paths, and Jiraiya and Itachi's powers/skills are fitting to fullfil that title: Sealing Jutsus and Doujutsu.

PS: Killer Bee sucks at Enka... he is more like Kanye West
Old 2011-04-07, 15:29   Link #19
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
He is a good note taker though
A good note taker who tosses his pencil like magnum bullets?
Anyways, back to the couple, I think Naruto hasn't gotten over Sakura, but since she doesn't know the truth, and badmouthing Sasuke in front of Naruto, it made him realize what he has to do.
Quote:
There is also the self proclaimed hokage, the killer of frog, that needs to be dealt with.
Whatever happened to that patched old ruin? The story's kinda splitting up right now, there's Naruto&co, the alliance dudes, Hachibi&Kisame (and Enka mastah), Danzou running away, Sasuke in the interdimensional rift, team Taka...forgot about what happened to them too.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 15:41   Link #20
Fran~
floating away...

How to say this without spoiling anything....

Let's see... Naruto understands that he is in a position where is no longer a kid, so to him, the Sasuke thing is even more than a promise to Sakura. Yes, it can be an obsession, granted, but furthermore, there is his conversation with Jiraiya and Yondaime about he hatred.

So, Sakura is just a small grain of sand between the basis of all Naruto's beliefs. He is dealing not only with that promise, but with Jiraiya's dreams, his father's dreams... and basically, to Naruto, solving Sasuke's situation, he will be in peace with himself.

Tags
weekly episode discussion