Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-05-27, 02:11   Link #1
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Phoenix Wright Movie Confirmed

Quote:
Capcom is pleased to announce that the popular game, “Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney”, will be made into a live-action feature film.

In the “Ace Attorney” game series, players take on the role of a defense attorney who fights for the lives of his clients. The first game in the series was released in October 2001, and since then, this popular courtroom battle series has gone on to ship over 4.1 million units worldwide (as of March 31, 2011). This critically acclaimed franchise has also inspired cell phone games, comic books, character-based merchandise, as well as orchestra concerts involving the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra and even a stage musical by the Takarazuka Revue.

In the movie, the main protagonist, Phoenix Wright, will be played by Mr. Hiroki Narimiya, while rival prosecutor, Miles Edgeworth, will be played by Mr. Takumi Saito. Pheonix's assistant and spirit medium Maya Fey will be played by Ms. Mirei Kiritani. Mr. Takashi Miike of “Crows Zero” and “Thirteen Assassins” fame will be lending his directorial talents to the film. Production management will be handled by Nippon Television Network Corporation and distribution will be handled by Toho Co., Ltd. The movie is scheduled to be released in early Spring 2012 at all Toho Cinemas nation-wide.
Capcom continues to provide entertainment in the form of movies based on our most popular franchises, such as last November's smash hit “Resident Evil: Afterlife”, which broke box-office records for the series. Currently, a full-length CG movie, “Resident Evil: Damnation”, is in full production. In addition, the animated “Sengoku BASARA” feature film, “Sengoku BASARA - The Last Party”, is scheduled to open on June 4, 2011.

As always, we at Capcom will continue to pursue our “Single content multiple usage” strategy by making advancements on new hardware to maximize sales while leveraging our brands to bring maximum satisfaction to as many of our users as possible.

- Movie to Open Early Spring 2012 at All Toho Cinemas Nation-Wide -

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...ttorney_movie/
Cast shown in the above link~

..... I saw an anime coming..... but not a live action movie~
Old 2011-05-27, 02:12   Link #2
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Bam! Handle this the wrong way, and I will fanrage.
Old 2011-05-27, 02:24   Link #3
mysterious

While not playing any of the games, I get interested in the characters just by some random clips on the net. I am looking forward to this, but I wish It is an anime instead of a live action movie though...

I have no idea there is a new Sengoku Basara movie comes out. Hell yeah!
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 02:25   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mixed feelings, same as papermario...could be hilarious, or painfully made of fail. Guess we'll have to wait and see^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 02:43   Link #5
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
While not playing any of the games, I get interested in the characters just by some random clips on the net. I am looking forward to this, but I wish It is an anime instead of a live action movie though...

I have no idea there is a new Sengoku Basara movie comes out. Hell yeah!
If you own a DS, do yourself a favour and try the first game. I really thought a law game would be boring beyond belief, but the gameplay, concepts and characters are damn epic. Ace Attorney is the only series I actually BOUGHT all games for.

Wow, listen to me preach Ace Attorney. It's just a recommendation, don't mind me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Mixed feelings, same as papermario...could be hilarious, or painfully made of fail. Guess we'll have to wait and see^^
They had an all-female cast musical that was actually in between those two descriptors. It was hilarious, but not made of fail. If they grab a good concept and add some suspenseful twists with good scenes for the murder/other crimes, then it could very well work. I'm afraid for possible English dubs though.
Old 2011-05-27, 02:47   Link #6
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
If you own a DS, do yourself a favour and try the first game. I really thought a law game would be boring beyond belief, but the gameplay, concepts and characters are damn epic. Ace Attorney is the only series I actually BOUGHT all games for.

Wow, listen to me preach Ace Attorney. It's just a recommendation, don't mind me.
I remember that in some clips, Phoenix says something like "so kindly shut the fuck up!" is that true in the game or anons just made it up? I didnt own any gaming console beside my gaming PC which I am not gaming much at all Maybe in the future, I will check them out.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 02:52   Link #7
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I remember that in some clips, Phoenix says something like "so kindly shut the fuck up!" is that true in the game or anons just made it up? I didnt own any gaming console beside my gaming PC which I am not gaming much at all Maybe in the future, I will check them out.
Ohoho no, it doesn't get THAT graphic. Phoenix Wright is actually on a TON of mediums now; in English it's out for mobile phones, iPhone, iPod Touch, and DS. I think there was a PC version but it might be Japanese only.
Old 2011-05-27, 10:04   Link #8
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
Quote:
Bam! Handle this the wrong way, and I will fanrage.
These feelings, I second them.
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 16:12   Link #9
GreatTeacherKen

I think this would be better as anime due to how theatrical it is, but there are some pretty over the top live action movies out there so maybe this could still work. I hope so, since I love the franchise.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 19:29   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wow... did NOT see this coming... the MC is going to need A LOOOOT of hair gel XD
Old 2011-05-27, 19:30   Link #11
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Wow... did NOT see this coming... the MC is going to need A LOOOOT of hair gel XD
He better have hair worthy of being described as "porcupine hair". And there better be a stepladder. And Ema Skye.
Old 2011-05-27, 22:35   Link #12
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
He better have hair worthy of being described as "porcupine hair". And there better be a stepladder. And Ema Skye.

I'm PRETTY sure it's just a ladder.

Though.... I'm just wondering how they're gonna handle the whole... "OBJECTION!" thing~
Old 2011-05-28, 18:29   Link #13
HasuMasu
*Artist

no objections here your honor
Old 2011-05-28, 19:19   Link #14
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Though.... I'm just wondering how they're gonna handle the whole... "OBJECTION!" thing~
Like so (need audio for this)
Your Honour!

Forgive for spreading this madness, it's been aaaages since I've used this and I know how addictive it can get xD
(I just couldn't help myself and figured to share the love a little)

In the UK, the games on the DS spread over the summer of 07 (the summer with the final HP book as well), with the same response.
For a court/crime game, it's freaking addictive.
I've yet to play any, but have heard enough about it (there's a keitai ver on my phone which I've yet to tap into either) but will be curious about how the live action pans out, I suspect some wackiness to be involved, especially for the 'objection' line.

edit:
I dunno who the characters are in this entire franchise, but if they're as epic as this guy, I'll be laughing my ass off at the cinema xD
Got Milk?
*slaps herself now so she makes no more* ><;;

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2011-05-28 at 19:37.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 19:45   Link #15
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Pardon the pun, but I'm having objections toward this considering game-to-movie adaptations are usually kind of...bleh. With that said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Like so (need audio for this)
Your Honour!
I don't think using a site is advisable, or the theater room might implode from sheer awesomeness.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 22:12   Link #16
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

who they going to get to be the judge? XD
Old 2011-05-28, 23:12   Link #17
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
who they going to get to be the judge? XD
Christopher Walken.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:01   Link #18
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Pardon the pun, but I'm having objections toward this considering game-to-movie adaptations are usually kind of...bleh. With that said,

I don't think using a site is advisable, or the theater room might implode from sheer awesomeness.
That is epic, BGM and all (I need to test all the characters out on this thing) xD
The casting would be interesting, but am I right in thinking that Japan isn't making this, but Hollywood?

wait wait..
Quote:
Phoenix Wright, will be played by Mr. Hiroki Narimiya, while rival prosecutor, Miles Edgeworth, will be played by Mr. Takumi Saito. Pheonix's assistant and spirit medium Maya Fey will be played by Ms. Mirei Kiritani. Mr. Takashi Miike of “Crows Zero” and “Thirteen Assassins” fame will be lending his directorial talents to the film.
It is a Japanese production and freaking Miike's getting involved?! *shock*
(This may be decent after all...)
If it's out in less than a year, there's gotta be some kinda website, teaser about...

Edit:
Yep, it could work, though he looks too 'cute'
Spoiler for .:

Official website(jp only), including a video message from 'Pheonix to be', Narimiya himself

PPS: They're in dire need of extras living in the Osaka area, so if you fancy being in the movie and happen to be in Osaka, you can fill out this form and they'll send news of what help they need to you. It bites that I'm in Tokyo atm, I can't participate at present, lol.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2011-05-29 at 03:07.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 17:25   Link #19
wigglypuff
Banned

i hope the movie is good... since i'm a fan of the game
wigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 18:07   Link #20
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Live action huh? As much as I love the game this movie sounds like a pretty much guarantee to fail. I believe that all the spiritual stuff will just not work as a live action format.