Spoiler for ep 7:

I feel glad that I'm staying to watch... this show has become tolerable for me
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 19:36   Link #143
darkofficer
just a devil

Spoiler for ep 7:

i compare it to much to the manga

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 22:50   Link #144
Top Sergeant

Two weeks in a row: good show, less fan service. Well done!
Old 2015-03-07, 03:09   Link #145
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I feel glad that I'm staying to watch... this show has become tolerable for me
It’s pretty sad reading this comment. So are people here continue to watch this series when it’s really painful to watch? And at the 7th episode this series only become “tolerable”? That is okay if this series has like 50 episodes going for it, but I doubt it. You know, an entertainment should be something that you (greatly) enjoy, not something you have to bear and endure like torture. And from the comments here, it looks like the series only manages to be “tolerable” or “passable” so far. I did drop this series after watching the first episode with the intent to revisit it later if it gets (a lot) better as some seasonal series did indeed became a lot better after the first three episodes or so. But after reading this thread, looks like that’s not the case.

Sadly, I can say the same to certain three other adaptation fantasy series (Duo, Fafnir & World Break). Looks like I only have Garo and Junketsu no Maria this season for decent fantasy series .
Old 2015-03-07, 05:14   Link #146
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It’s pretty sad reading this comment. So are people here continue to watch this series when it’s really painful to watch? And at the 7th episode this series only become “tolerable”? That is okay if this series has like 50 episodes going for it, but I doubt it. You know, an entertainment should be something that you (greatly) enjoy, not something you have to bear and endure like torture. And from the comments here, it looks like the series only manages to be “tolerable” or “passable” so far. I did drop this series after watching the first episode with the intent to revisit it later if it gets (a lot) better as some seasonal series did indeed became a lot better after the first three episodes or so. But after reading this thread, looks like that’s not the case.

Sadly, I can say the same to certain three other adaptation fantasy series (Duo, Fafnir & World Break). Looks like I only have Garo and Junketsu no Maria this season for decent fantasy series .
the point is I have a broad taste of genre
I could see the potential at start and it is also because there is a lack of good show in this season
I have time so I'll follow a horrible series while waiting for it to become good
sometimes it never work, sometimes it works
that's why I don't have anything like "three-episode rule" or "six-episode rule"
Old 2015-03-07, 05:25   Link #147
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Imho, this series isn't painful to watch, it's just chock full of cliche and trite characters and situations, so it really doesn't offer nothing new to the veteran anime watcher.

The plot is getting better since Sakuya seemingly got hurt when she harmed the blonde mage.
Have not read the source, but my simple theory is that the woman is just a manifestation of an older Sakuya, this would explain why they have the same name and the fact that they both inherited a western mage's blood. Above all it would explain why Sakuya shouldn't harm her (though they could tell her sooner).
Old 2015-03-07, 06:51   Link #148
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Imho, this series isn't painful to watch, it's just chock full of cliche and trite characters and situations, so it really doesn't offer nothing new to the veteran anime watcher.

The plot is getting better since Sakuya seemingly got hurt when she harmed the blonde mage.
Have not read the source, but my simple theory is that the woman is just a manifestation of an older Sakuya, this would explain why they have the same name and the fact that they both inherited a western mage's blood. Above all it would explain why Sakuya shouldn't harm her (though they could tell her sooner).
well unfortunately i'll tell you with an absolute guarantee that the last episode is anime original. Because things havent played out like the actual source at all. From the very first episode its clear that they altered the storyline so it doesnt match the manga.

Spoiler for differences between anime and manga:

The other complaints as far as i'm concerned are this.
1. Sakuya Suseri and the main guy are completely unlikeable for various reasons
2. The anime has gone out of its way to push the Sakuya main guy pairing and sakuya has yet at this point to lose the trait that makes her obnoxious.
3. The huge amount of unnecessary gore.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested

Last edited by Pellissier; 2015-03-07 at 07:10. Reason: it's better to keep these comparisons in spoiler tags
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 07:40   Link #149
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

I really liked the premise of the show (girl hunting spirits/demons with a yari) so I decided to stick around through #6. Episode #6 turned out to be pretty good. So was #7. Now I'll be staying longer.

Absolute Duo for me, for example, was the opposite: strong start, interesting plot hooks. But now the series plot is spinning its wheels, there's been no pursuit of the interesting plot hooks, and the gratuitous fan service has been ramped up.

I find myself surprised: if you'd have asked me at the beginning of February which of the two I'd probably still be watching in March, I likely would have said Duo.
Old 2015-03-07, 07:52   Link #150
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
I really liked the premise of the show (girl hunting spirits/demons with a yari) so I decided to stick around through #6. Episode #6 turned out to be pretty good. So was #7. Now I'll be staying longer.

Absolute Duo for me, for example, was the opposite: strong start, interesting plot hooks. But now the series plot is spinning its wheels, there's been no pursuit of the interesting plot hooks, and the gratuitous fan service has been ramped up.

I find myself surprised: if you'd have asked me at the beginning of February which of the two I'd probably still be watching in March, I likely would have said Duo.
i slightly disagree. I mean going into this season between duo world break fafnir and testament the only one i really wanted to watch was testament. Duo World break and Fafnir all looked awful. As for this walking disaster i didnt think it was worthy of an anime after i fully read the manga and for the most part i've been right.

I'm watching them all and while i wouldnt rate any of them above a 5 out of 10 to this point. I'd rate Duo above isuca and a few weeks ago it wouldnt have even made 1 out of 10.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-03-11, 05:18   Link #151
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Sakuya is much more tolerable, even likable, when she's not being a full-on bitch all the time. It's nice to see her finally having warmed up to Shinichirou, to the point where her confessing to him seems only a matter of time.

As for Isuca, she's probably either a personality of Sakuya that got her own body, or a full-on clone, given that they look similar, and share the same name (though Isuca's name is probably just an alias, as that would make it too convenient for Shinichirou to gain control over her).

And of course, Suseri's usefulness didn't last long. She managed to free Tamako from the smoke demon, but against Isuca, she was no match. Maybe some 'CPR' will fix that.

Sakuya probably depleted (most of) her life force to hurt Isuca like that, so it's probably up to Shinichirou to bring her back.

In any case, for those hating on this show, I think you can be assured that this show will bomb hard, if the severely lacking amount of fanart is any indication.
Old 2015-03-11, 05:42   Link #152
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Sakuya is much more tolerable, even likable, when she's not being a full-on bitch all the time. It's nice to see her finally having warmed up to Shinichirou, to the point where her confessing to him seems only a matter of time.

As for Isuca, she's probably either a personality of Sakuya that got her own body, or a full-on clone, given that they look similar, and share the same name (though Isuca's name is probably just an alias, as that would make it too convenient for Shinichirou to gain control over her).

And of course, Suseri's usefulness didn't last long. She managed to free Tamako from the smoke demon, but against Isuca, she was no match. Maybe some 'CPR' will fix that.

Sakuya probably depleted (most of) her life force to hurt Isuca like that, so it's probably up to Shinichirou to bring her back.

In any case, for those hating on this show, I think you can be assured that this show will bomb hard, if the severely lacking amount of fanart is any indication.
First off sakuya follows the same standard that all tsunderes have... if they're quiet their cute but the minute they start opening their mouth... .

The show has already bombed hard.

Old 2015-03-13, 14:31   Link #153
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 15:45   Link #154
ImperialFlameGod8190

This was a nice episode. Good for this show but not good overall some bad stuff but hey lets see what happens

Old 2015-03-13, 16:18   Link #155
Top Sergeant

Wow three good episodes in a row! I really liked what we learned of Suseri, and maybe Sakuya is calming down just a little bit.
Old 2015-03-13, 18:17   Link #156
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for new ep:
Old 2015-03-13, 22:07   Link #157
darkofficer
just a devil

Is it me or every time asuno opens his mouth the name sakuya will come out

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 23:08   Link #158
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
Is it me or every time asuno opens his mouth the name sakuya will come out
That's love, mate.
Old 2015-03-15, 18:45   Link #159
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redoaxe View Post