AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-12, 06:03   Link #481
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Gear Funsubs have realeased Lovely Complex 10?! What does that mean?
Old 2007-06-12, 06:32   Link #482
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Probably legit, but I won't be downloading it. I'm with Vexx, I hate the idea that there are leap-frogging fansub groups out there at the same time as completely neglected series. I don't see the point in jumping ship anyway, KissSub have done such a great job with this series.

Ep 9

It really is so hard not to like this series and these characters, and it's the way this show puts all the emotions and reactions of its main characters (particularly Risa) under the microscope that's to thank for that. I also love the genuine chemistry between the two main characters, as well. But then again, as far as execution of the romance is concerned, this series has barely put a step wrong (if we forgive an episode and a half of Otani obliviousness, that is... and I'm sure we can).

Overall: Another great ep. Ex-girlfriend next ep... looks like it's lined up for a doozy.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 06:50   Link #483
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
Quote:
Originally Posted by humski View Post
I'm sure in future, users will first check our website for release updates before downloading any fake torrents, that seems suspicious.
www.kiss-sub.org
That's what I did. Step 1. Check ReAn's distro, Step 2. check KissSub page, Step 3. realize that it's a little too early for a release, Step 4. boldly exclaim to myself that if it ain't broke, don't fix it (translation: wait for KissSub, idiot!).

I've never been one to watch a series as it was airing before. Most of the time I would just wait for a torrent of the entire series. Consequently, I never really cared about who subbed it, as long as it was watchable. But this show is different. I've come to like how KissSub is handling it, and therefore I have no reason to want to jump the gun on an ep from a differnt group. I mean, hey, if I have to wait to watch the series cuz the eps aren't even aired yet, then i think i can wait a few extra days here and there to get a quality product. I wouldn't get the series done any faster anyway unless all eps were aired, so I'm happy with what I'm getting. That's just my opinion. (P.S. thnx KissSub for the hard work!)
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 06:52   Link #484
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I so want to try some bear curry....

And I've always thought rickshaws were cheesy, but no more!
Old 2007-06-12, 11:17   Link #485
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Public Service Announcement

All KissSub Lovely Complex releases will follow this format:

Code:
[KissSub]Lovely Complex - ##[&&&&&&&&]XviD.avi
  • ## - Denotes Episode Number, Digits Only
  • &&&&&&&& - Denotes 8 digit CRC32 Hash, Hexadecimals Only

The following should be observed:
  • All Kisssub Lovely Complex Releases are tracked by anirena.
  • All Kisssub Lovely Complex torrents will be availiable at http://tracker.anirena.com/g.php?g=282
  • All KissSub Lovely Complex Releases will be listed at http://distro.reanmachine.com/
  • All KissSub releases will be announced at http://www.kiss-sub.com/
  • All Kisssub releases will be released in .avi / .mkv / .ogm / .mp4 formats, no compression is used (.rar / .zip / etc...)
  • All Kisssub Releases have a CRC32 Value Attached, Please check the file before opening.

Additional Trackers / Torrent Listings that may list our releases (and are sanctioned.)
* Note: I'm not trying to plug ASuki Competitors, just listing alternate sites to which we sanction listings.

Referencing the above information should help avoid being mislead in the future.
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 17:36   Link #486
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Back from the Dead! Aim for the Girlfriend Status!!

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 18:57   Link #487
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I watched ep 8 and 9 back-to-back ....

This series just vaulted into the "damn near best romantic comedy I've ever seen" .... I *really* enjoyed watching these two episodes --- and *all* the characters and their parts in it.

The VAs *SOUND* like they're having a great time with it (the kind of sound you really can't fake). The animation and art have me smiling... but the story and the hellishly funny angst and fear are just ...

I think I'll watch it a few more times just to be sure ((damn, I thought REC was good...))
Old 2007-06-13, 02:42   Link #488
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Probably legit, but I won't be downloading it. I'm with Vexx, I hate the idea that there are leap-frogging fansub groups out there at the same time as completely neglected series. I don't see the point in jumping ship anyway, KissSub have done such a great job with this series.

From the gear site:

Why we are releasing Lovely Complex?

Many of you are wondering why a “new” group aka us are releasing Lovely Complex, especially from Episode 09. Well, the truth of the matter is LC is just for fun from me, regged, & Teny. Our Translator is currently booked for Himawari Episode 09-13. Yes, finally the last 5 episodes will be released. If you are now wondering why we will be releasing Himawari from Episode 09, and not from Episode 01, is simply because I can’t get a hold of “Arcu” the leader of dmp fansubs, for a joint. Also raw’s for Episode 01-08 are hardly available. There is nothing more to say, except many questions regarding Karaoke… well, we currently don’t have a Translator for it, and we don’t intend to steal other groups Karaoke. I know it would look good if we did, but if you know someone that could contribute to us for it, then come talk to regged or me.

They are doing it because they want to. No need for you to hate them
Old 2007-06-13, 07:22   Link #489
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
DAMN IT i am now so addicted to Lovely Complex i think Risa and Otani's behaviour is rubbing off on me at work LOL. Its a fun series and im a sucker for romatic comedies. LC is a fresh and funny series that manages to keep you intersted without getting too serious.

Focusing mainly on Risa and Otani and their natural chemistry keeps the series focsed where it should be. I love the fact that it has not taken 2 seasons for the main characters to even aknowledge they might have feelings. Everything is pretty much out in the open. But man Otani's use of pickles and crabs was just horrible LOL

On that note WAKE UP OTANI RISA IS A GOOD CATCH TALL WOMAN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Next episode Otani's ex comes back once again. Whats this mean for our Amazon Herionetune in next week
Old 2007-06-13, 07:45   Link #490
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
They [Gear Fansubs] are doing it because they want to. No need for you to hate them
When it comes down to it, that's the only reason anyone is doing fansubs, right? It's not like anyone makes any money off of it.

Personally I don't "hate" them, I just think its too bad they could not find a series they liked that was more in need of a good sub group, rather than just duplicating the efforts of another group that is already doing a great and timely job. There are still a number of good series that have been stalled, dropped or never started in the first place they could choose from.

Oh, well...
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 07:52   Link #491
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
When it comes down to it, that's the only reason anyone is doing fansubs, right? It's not like anyone makes any money off of it.
Personally I don't "hate" them, I just think its too bad they could not find a series they liked that was more in need of a good sub group, rather than just duplicating the efforts of another group that is already doing a great and timely job. There are still a number of good series that have been stalled, dropped or never started in the first place they could choose from.
QFT. I guess people should actually be happy that a second group is subbing, cuz that means that the series is getting more popular and if there are 2 sets of subs, then it may be more likely to become even more widespread. (I'm still sticking with KS though ) Hopefully this will lead into becoming licensed, cuz this is a series that I want on DVD.
Old 2007-06-13, 08:50   Link #492
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaryzed_123 View Post
Hopefully this will lead into becoming licensed, cuz this is a series that I want on DVD.
That would be great. I think of all the Spring '07 series, L★C would probably be my first choice for the one I would buy if they were available on DVD.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 09:42   Link #493
Slice of Life
eyewitness

There are no Texans in Osaka

>.< In the dub everybody would speak with some American Hillbilly accent. Out of place and/or badly performed accents ("Hollywood-Russian") are probably the main reason why I don't watch English dubs. But since I'm not forced to, it's OK with me, keep on dubbing.

HOWEVER, things like All Hanshin-Kyojin probably wouldn't even survive in the sub. Laurel and Hardy? I'm willing to put some money on it.
Old 2007-06-13, 09:53   Link #494
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

^^or Abbott and Costello. Mork and Mindy (for a gender correct version). I'm sure that they could come up with something. I doubt that they'd go so far as to give the characters different accents just because they speak with a different dialect in the anime. Just a hunch.
Old 2007-06-13, 10:28   Link #495
grey_moon

OMG the thought of the "All Hanshin Kyojin" act speaking in another accent is just so wrong!

The only act name I can think of that might be able to be used would be "Little and Large", but that is British....

Is the All Hanshin Kyojin a real act or just one made up for the show?
Old 2007-06-13, 11:09   Link #496
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They're real... a tall guy and a short guy though. They actually do a cameo appearance on the live-action version of the series Lovely Complex
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7469

I may have to check out this live-action movie... the photo of the two actors playing the lead roles have me intrigued.
http://www.lovecom-movie.com/
If you look carefully under the two lead actors you can see a small image of the All Hanshin-Kyojin duo.

on Gear: they've got decent reasoning but I just think its a shame they're not applying the energy to a "lost anime". I'm helping with a few subs at the moment that wouldn't otherwise get any love at all. Do I *like* them? ... not particularly, but its good practice for me and obviously many people do like them.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-06-13 at 11:32.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 11:14   Link #497
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

My guess is that the English VA's prolly wouldn't be as good as the Japanese VA's. I'm not holding my breath for a wonderfully executed English Risa.
Old 2007-06-13, 11:27   Link #498
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post

Is the All Hanshin Kyojin a real act or just one made up for the show?
The act is real but it is called All Kyojin Hanshin. Not too much on the English side about this group except that they celebrated 30 years in show business in 2005(Japan Zone, 7/27/2005), were in the live-action version of Lovely Complex (?) and this news from Japan Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japan Zone,1/30/2005
Yoshimoto comedian Takada Akinori (47), better known as Hanshin of the manzai duo All Kyojin Hanshin, was involved in a collision with a scooter in Osaka on Friday. The bike rider suffered a broken leg when he was thrown after hitting Takada's car, which was making a right turn. Police are still looking into the case.
I think that a picture of the duo is on the movie website.

Edit: There's also a group from the 80's called Oru Hanshin and Kyojin (All Hanshin Kyojin) which was found on page 94 of this thesis about manzai. Makes you wonder if All Kyojin Hanshin and All Hanshin Kyojin are the same group, but the English search is deficient on this info. I bet you they are.

Last edited by orion; 2007-06-13 at 19:11.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 12:24   Link #499
grey_moon

If it gets licensed then I think a nice DVD extra would be to have some translation of the real life act
Old 2007-06-13, 12:28   Link #500
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaryzed_123 View Post
My guess is that the English VA's prolly wouldn't be as good as the Japanese VA's. I'm not holding my breath for a wonderfully executed English Risa.
I'd have died long ago waiting for "good dubs" (yes, there are a few). Since some of the charm of the show revolves around them being Kansai speakers, yeah one would predict them being translated as having Houston, Texas accents and their school trip taking them to a vastly different accent zone (New York or mid-West).

Problem is, another large part of the show's charm is just the portrayal of Risaa by her VA. Just don't see that happening from the talent pool the anime dubbers always go to.

@Grey: yeah I'd think that would be a very spiffy bonus.
Abbott and Costello come pretty close to "manzai" style verbal humor ... trying to think of a duo where the delineation of "straight man" vs "comic" is more blurred though.... Gracie & Allen might be one (both provide comedic elements). Interesting (sad) that I can't think of a single 'modern' reference...

Tags
comedy, romance