AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-10, 11:39   Link #381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was such a pointless final episode. Nothing happened. At least nothing that wasn't erased from the timeline. We got confirmation Akiho is the robbed magician but it's not like it hasn't been obvious since her first appearance.

Since they had no choice but to go for a non ending, even a simple slice of life episode would have been better than this. At least it would have been fun/cute.

Anyway, still really liked the show. I hope the sequel won't take too long to come out. I agree they should have waited until the manga ended, or was close to completion.
Old 2018-06-10, 11:45   Link #382
RDNexus

Given the current situation...I totally agree with you.
Well, we already got a taste of it, so now we just need to wait for the rest
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 12:32   Link #383
Blueknight78

ok while i understand and predicited which akiho could be the "mysterious figure and i have my theory about it:

Spoiler:

ok going back after watch the episode while in understand and "its fine the reveleation", it become 'weird when comparing" with the manga and confuse cuz in manga:
Spoiler for comparation:

then what is happening??? anime going a total different route??? or anime somehow "spoiled us" and what happened in the manga was just a "trick" to misslead us?? or maybe this episode was the trick???

and i agree about how it was a horrible way to end a serie, it remembered me the other seire (a seinen about hitmans which i forget the name which one of the mcs was a mute person and the other a blond with a eyepath), where they ended the anime in the middle of the big battle because they ended catching the manga.

I really do hope it don't take more than one year to get the second season and clamp start to "work" a little more to give more source material a little more fast instead of they irregular schedule.
Old 2018-06-10, 13:28   Link #384
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I... Huh. I don't know what to say about how it "ended", if you can even call it that. Honestly, even if there was going to be an episode or two after this one, just the overall structure of what was presented to us in this one was kind of pathetic and pointless.

Really disappointing.
Old 2018-06-10, 15:20   Link #385
traviskeshav

Going into the episode with the assumption or knowledge that there wouldn't be a real 'conclusion', I kind of liked the ending. It felt somewhat mysterious or foreboding.

Granted, the corresponding assumption is that CLAMP does finish the manga and this does get a fitting ending eventually; otherwise, that would be rather unfortunate.
traviskeshav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 15:39   Link #386
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviskeshav View Post
Going into the episode with the assumption or knowledge that there wouldn't be a real 'conclusion', I kind of liked the ending. It felt somewhat mysterious or foreboding.

Granted, the corresponding assumption is that CLAMP does finish the manga and this does get a fitting ending eventually; otherwise, that would be rather unfortunate.
Probably, not everyone knows this but the first Cardcaptor Sakura anime went with two hiatuses when it first aired on Japanese TV around twenty years ago.

Season 1 aired from early April to late December 1998 broadcasting episodes 1 to 35, and then the show went into its first hiatus for around three months.

Season 2 aired from early April to late June 1999 airing the following episodes from 36 to 46, and the show once again went dormant with another hiatus that lasted for two months.

The final season aired from early September 1999 to late March 2000 showing the last episodes from 47 to 70.

So, in my case, I did not find it strange that Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card chapter ended the way it did with no final resolution, because the show has gone into hiatus but will return back for another season to either continue the story or to conclude it, given the precedent set in the first anime.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 16:19   Link #387
RDNexus

Oh... I didn't know it had such breaks in the past.
Then, this situation doesn't feel out of place.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 21:21   Link #388
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was an ok ending at less it wasnt rushed but felt so unsatisfied maybe it would have been a better ending with 2 or 4eps

7/10 Hopefuly there another season or at less a movie
Old 2018-06-14, 03:29   Link #389
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Time to do my catch-up!

Episode 7 is a light-hearted one with Sakura enjoying some leisure time with Tomoyo and Syaoran. However, at this point, Syaoran's frustrations for not being about to do anything to help Sakura in capturing the Clear Cards is beginning to surface.
Episode 8 introduces Yuna D. Kaito, a member of the Dadan family Akiho's butler that accompanies the girl in what was formerly Eriol's residence. Eriol is once again forced to wait until the right time—well, they should have returned before Akiho had taken the house they abandoned. Now they're shit outta luck.
Episode 9 and Yue and the others are starting to find out that the writers are using the similarities between the capture of the Clear Cards and both incarnations of the Sakura Cards. But enough time for that, there's a date to attend!
Episode 10 gives us another round of bonding time between Sakura and Akiho from the Order of the Averse to Konjac. However, TWO cards interrupt Akiho before she would eat her way into becoming a kaiju like Sakura! The night ends with very foreboding red moon. Inb4 Ruby shows up despite told not to!
Episode 11 brings us back to Penguin Park, one of many victims of Sakura's card-themed shenanigans! Meanwhile, Syaoran is becoming suspicious of Kaito, and Eriol promises to investigate whether Luffy is related to Yuna having that D in his name.

Episode 12 involves a rather ballsy card, attacking in the middle of a daytime sporting event. I kinda don't like how they caught Hail, since it feels rushed, it's obvious that the card is considerably tough to beat, and Syaoran locking down the card seemed more like luck than his actual skill in magic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2018-06-14 at 06:17.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-16, 19:59   Link #390
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Blitzing through the rest of the series, we end up with major developments: Sakura's moments of "contact" with Nadeshiko's memories, Syaoran's determination to protect Sakura's happiness, and the reveal of the real players in the magical happenings in Tomoeda.

I personally didn't like how Eriol seemed nerfed just to make Kaito look like a threat. And I also didn't like how the conflict was only formally introduced here, especially through a "final battle" which was rewinded back by Kaito at the critical moment. The reveal regarding the origin of the Clear Cards was interesting though, suggesting that Sakura is now as capable as Clow Reed himself in materializing magical cards. Of course, the lack of formal magic knowledge and being just a high school girl will come into play, as well as the fact that her current power serves as a source of insecurity for Syaoran and a threat for Akiho who seemed to be just caught in the power struggle.

Seeing that the anime has caught up in the manga content means that we won't see any more episodes until maybe next year. For the meantime, the disappointment from the non-ending will stay.

ENTRY #338 GET. 9/10 -> 8/10.

PS. I really hope that Nadeshiko's key would become an important part of the story later on.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-17, 08:38   Link #391
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's out for preorders!
https://myfigurecollection.net/item/675835

I just ordered mine.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote