AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-12-28, 20:19   Link #2861
traviskeshav

Honestly, it all just makes me kind of confused. I agree with your comment about this seeming like some sort of collaborative issue with the anime, but from reading the descriptions of the last few chapters of the manga, it raises a lot of questions as to the longevity of the series, the reasoning for the accelerated narrative, whether these were always the long-term plans, and so on.

It's possible that's overthinking things, rather than just accepting the series for what it is.
traviskeshav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-28, 23:21   Link #2862
Tenzen12

Is there any point question longevity of that's clearly ending soon? Unlike anime manga had pretty good pacing but everything good has to end eventually.
Old 2019-12-28, 23:24   Link #2863
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^^The manga is ending soon. There won't be any college or university fresh start for the story as some people in r/anime are hoping.

The reason why it has been expedited is exactly because Tsutsui is ready to pull the curtains and he has already selected the heroine he is planning to end the manga with. If the role reversal continues, I am pretty confident that Uruka will win.

And that is exactly why, irrespective of the anime's atrocious final episode, Uruka has the highest chance. That doesn't mean she shall win. That's why we say "chance" and a highest one at it.

It is funny that naysayers are now using Tsutsui's tweet. The fact that he ended it with a 'lol' is he will keep people guessing. Any author would. There is nothing in it. If he had planned for a Uruka ending, he will stick with it despite of those desperate degenerates, who probably never bought a copy of the original tankoubun, crying foul and sprouting garbage in his official twitter.

Unlike the other manga, these Uruka haters cannot point a finger and say "this is why she should not have won". She covered everything.
- Influenced his past (and he is aware of that)
- Influencing his present and future (he admits it)
- Confessed her feelings (role reversal happening)

Those are pretty big points no other heroine has at this point. And they will always be lacking because they don't have any influence in his past. The closest is Sensei. But I don't see her confessing.
Old 2019-12-29, 03:26   Link #2864
Lex79

Meh, assuming all of this turns out to be true, that's two disappointments in a row. At least Kaguya isn't going to to give me bad surprises.
Old 2019-12-29, 03:50   Link #2865
Tenzen12

Unlike 5t BokuBen you had some 80 chapters to come to terms with obvious result or drop it. You can only blame yourself for disappointment.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2019-12-29 at 04:41.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-29, 06:52   Link #2866
dragon1412

well different to 5toubun, the author while making drama, don't blatantly tease it like 5toubun. Frankly i hate the kind of you think i gave you this, but it actually not, not limiting to 5toubun many romance story in shounen tend to have this same issues. Bokuben is relatively tame in that regard and Nariyuki is likeable so it feel better in my sense
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-31, 01:08   Link #2867
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Post confession flash back:
Spoiler:
Old 2019-12-31, 04:00   Link #2868
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Meh I predict this manga will have an open ending.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-31, 05:03   Link #2869
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Like the anime?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-31, 11:42   Link #2870
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Ch. 142 final segment

Spoiler:
Old 2020-01-01, 11:07   Link #2871
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Still no comment for the translations I put for Ch. 142 above in two posts? Makes me a tad sad. Oh, well.
Old 2020-01-01, 11:33   Link #2872
Tenzen12

Come on, don't be needy. (ie thank you)

It's certainly great have translated preview, but chapter itself doesn't offer lot to discuss. I think Uruka is obviously set to win, but if it wasn't case this chapter wouldn't make it clear either. Though it's probably more positive then not for their ship?
Old 2020-01-01, 14:12   Link #2873
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I mean what's to discuss? The whole dialogue is stereotypical romcom with the whole indecisive MC and the blush being mistaken as having a fever. Unless he really does have a fever though. Looks like it.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2020-01-01, 14:27   Link #2874
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^No. The blush in the beginning was not due to fever. He actually admitted he loses his composure when he looks her way. It was revisited during the karaoke. The point is, he knows that she has been in love with him for a long time now. And that she is okay without a response but he felt the need to respond with something even if she said she doesn't need his answer. All she asked him to give her sort of a farewell through the graduation trip. He is not sure if he has what it takes to respond to her feelings.

^^This chapter also brings into light that Nariyuki has not grown any affection for Uruka (not in a romantic way, or simply unaware that he actually likes her), nor for anyone else for the matter. He is just the usual Nariyuki around everyone else except for Uruka. My gut feeling is the first confession will triumph over others. We will see more confessions but this will lead him to realizing what "Takemoto Uruka" means to him.

Also, if he gets the answer of the above by this arc it will be non-Uruka end. If he doesn't, it will be an Uruka end. That's what I feel. The title of the arc makes me think the latter with the use of the word "promise".
Old 2020-01-01, 14:34   Link #2875
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Still no comment for the translations I put for Ch. 142 above in two posts? Makes me a tad sad. Oh, well.
I appreciate your work, but as Tenzen pointed out, it's only the beginning.
Fumino got 5 chapters, Rizu and Senpai got 4, Sensei got 3. It's safe to assume that Uruka is at least gonna get 3 chapters, but maybe she can get 5-6, who knows. Either way, it would be weird, if Uruka loses here, because that way her arc, the last character arc is a rejection arc, and Nariyuki is just gonna do the same afterwards, reject others as well until the endgirl is revealed. That could make things repetitive, especially with no school shenanigans and studying left anymore. Logically, if Uruka has to leave the stage, she should have given the first character arc after her kiss, and not the last one way later, only for someone else to win.

Tsutsui regarding the anime's ending.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-manga/.154926
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-01, 14:42   Link #2876
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^(elaborated more in the post above).

Also, I read the tweet when it originally came out as I follow his tweets. It doesn't mean anything for me because of the no comment and (lol) at the end. The future developments are already different in the manga anyways, so there is that lol.

It could mean "a different girl (in that case hopefully Sensei)" or "STILL Uruka (obviously what I would want and love) being the end girl BUT her actually getting Nariyuki's affection and not just some fireworks jinx reveal".
Old 2020-01-01, 20:25   Link #2877
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
^No. The blush in the beginning was not due to fever. He actually admitted he loses his composure when he looks her way. It was revisited during the karaoke. The point is, he knows that she has been in love with him for a long time now. And that she is okay without a response but he felt the need to respond with something even if she said she doesn't need his answer. All she asked him to give her sort of a farewell through the graduation trip. He is not sure if he has what it takes to respond to her feelings.

^^This chapter also brings into light that Nariyuki has not grown any affection for Uruka (not in a romantic way, or simply unaware that he actually likes her), nor for anyone else for the matter. He is just the usual Nariyuki around everyone else except for Uruka. My gut feeling is the first confession will triumph over others. We will see more confessions but this will lead him to realizing what "Takemoto Uruka" means to him.

Also, if he gets the answer of the above by this arc it will be non-Uruka end. If he doesn't, it will be an Uruka end. That's what I feel. The title of the arc makes me think the latter with the use of the word "promise".
So you think it's a make or break chapter?

Old 2020-01-01, 23:01   Link #2878
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^Not the chapter but the arc itself. It will be between an Uruka end and a Non-Uruka end (needless to say, Non-Uruka end will open the door for others).

The reason I feel this way is particularly because in this first chapter of her arc, the most important line was Nariyuki trying to understand what her "existence" meant to him. So, if he understands that meaning by the end of this arc, we will most likely know if it's an Uruka or a Non-Uruka end.

Personally, I think if he gets the meaning, it will not be romantic (i.e. Non-Uruka end, opening the door for others). But if he doesn't, it will be revealed as romantic later in the manga (leading to an Uruka-end). So, yeah, it's a make or break arc for Uruka. Which is also unfair on her (if she doesn't win) and others (if she wins) given the timing of her arc.

But I also get what @WingedAccelerator said above. Giving her an arc of rejection without giving her an arc at all BEFORE the most important phase (passing/not passing the entrance exams) of the manga unlike everyone else doesn't bode well for others.

Just look at how everything has been set for/ focused around her lately. I posted it elsewhere but she got the main focus in the most important chapters since Tsutsui was done with everyone else's arcs in the manga.

What we got in between are Rizu and Fumino realizing their own feelings and Senpai showing glimpses but backtracking on her usual tease. As for Sensei, her fans would like to highlight her moments like "I like Midsummer".

But notice how these chapters are all from the PoV of the heroines' either finding answer to their feelings or hints of change of their feelings while the one with Uruka was a boat ride ending with Nariyuki's change of feelings or hints thereof.

And then the other big moments that Mafuyu-sensei got (which is why I think she has very high chance) like in a) the First Exam mini arc she drove the injured Nariyuki to the exam hall, in b) the Second Exam mini arc she got a notebook from Nariyuki (out of nowhere) and Nariyuki even apologizing for not being able to look after her while he prepares for the exams, in c) the Valentines mini arc she gave Nariyuki the Poke Choco that he has emotional attachment with and finally in d) the Second Exam Results with her ice-break, hugging her students and crying while saying "I love you". All are excellent moments that elevated her position in the manga I must admit.

But only the completely biased fans/haters would deny that at the center of the contents were basically Uruka or her having the most important moment/focus in those run of chapters. In a) she finds Nariyuki after the accident (I have seen the counter argument being used as her being the only one free, but the important bit here is not her being free but having Nariyuki involved in an accident in the story and thereby allowing Uruka to have the focus), in b) she talks about her youth, where it all started and how it has brought her close to everyone and make friends, and she even spoke on behalf of everyone else in her interview, in c) she gives the only real meaningful chocolate with a heart shape to Nariyuki and was seconds away from revealing it was a honmei choco while Nariyuki almost adding up that she was the one who has been leaving him with a poke choco in every valentine and finally in d) her confession at the end of the exam results.

All the pivotal moments for the other heroines (except for Sensei) in comparison to Uruka is basically non-existent. Which is why, I think Uruka has the strongest case, followed by Sensei, and then with at a considerable distant Fumino, Rizu and finally Senpai. But then I am also aware that GoToubun exists. So, everyone has hope.
Old 2020-01-04, 05:20   Link #2879
WingedAccelerator

https://twitter.com/Taishi_Tsutsui/s...08834489360384
Does this mean Tsutsui is thinking about/around 20 volumes? If yes, then whatever direction he takes with Uruka, somehow there will be still close to 36 chapters left after Chapter 141, if it's strictly speaking 20 volumes. Career time-skip incoming?
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-04, 05:26   Link #2880
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Meh, assuming all of this turns out to be true, that's two disappointments in a row. At least Kaguya isn't going to to give me bad surprises.
You must not be a Go-Toubun fan
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba