AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-23, 10:05   Link #3461
Ramen00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Honestly, with all due respect, your statement failed a good bit right when you said that.

I'm not sure how the novels are any less fanservicey than the anime, other than the fact that the novels can't show it visually as much simply because it's a novel, which by definition and default prevents it from largely using actual fanservice shots. But the text makes it amply clear that there's a good deal of fanservice in the wording.

And each volume of the novels starts with a pic of the front cover girl(s) shown at least half-naked for a reason.
Yeah the novel is filled with that too, what I meant by too much, was too much, can't take the right words out of it.. Hmmm it's taking up all the time for the fanservice rather than the explaining and movement of it. For example Tohka's transformation scene it took a lot of time just to transform into Raizen High uniform.

PS: I wouldn't mind those fanservice it if it was more than 12 episodes.. xD

Last edited by Ramen00; 2013-07-23 at 10:33.
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 10:54   Link #3462
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
but hey the more fanservicy written novels should really go to HS DxD, Campione? nah... but unless you like raunchy kissing this one has less of a fanservice but the element is still there, but people still read DAL even though the plot sounds stupid but its definitely a fun to read so I guess I can't just ignore the anime exist since again they did show up some important parts yet not everything but again like SAO some people in the animation staff by then understand that the audience may have more or less read some of the light novel volumes
My point is that there's plenty of fanservice in the novels between secondary cover illustrations and the black and white illustrations throughout the volumes. (certainly no less than the anime) So if you can stand it in the novels, the anime won't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Well I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed both the anime granted it didn't follow the LN perfectly I'm still glad they animated it and we're getting a second season
Nope, I enjoyed the anime lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I enjoyed both the anime was amusing but it wasn't perfect no anime ever is from an LN and campione was butchered completely compared to the other ones so its fine. the next season will be fun and im curious how much of the yamai twins arc will be censored and likely the full miku arc will be an interesting read plus maybe 1 more arc tbd.
From the announcement for season 2 (which was really just a bunch of illustrations plucked straight out of the novel images in color), season 2 will end with volume 7. As it should.

Quote:
actually the anime for DAL managed to include almost all the major fanservice moments from the 1st 4 volumes. Tohka's arc had no fanservice really at all. Yoshino's the only service came from Origami Kurumi was a fanservice dream and the kotori arc did the fanservice justice especially the bikini competition before the date with kotori the pool was also quite nice. But if u wanna see fanservice etched into the story the yamai twins are you.
Mmmmmm, Tohka's arc had some service, between her changing into the high school uniform and when Shidou sealed her powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen00 View Post
Yeah the novel is filled with that too, what I meant by too much, was too much, can't take the right words out of it.. Hmmm it's taking up all the time for the fanservice rather than the explaining and movement of it. For example Tohka's transformation scene it took a lot of time just to transform into Raizen High uniform.

PS: I wouldn't mind those fanservice it if it was more than 12 episodes.. xD
Well that's not really true. The anime had plenty of fanservice, but the scenes weren't long. Tohka's transformation scene was only about 7 seconds long.

It was really episode 6 that ate up time that could have been used for explaining things, whether they made the Yoshino arc three episodes or kept episode 6 an anime-original episode and put the explanations there. I personally liked the episode for what it was, but it could have been used more effectively in the overall flow of the series.

Or, as I brought up in the anime thread, they might have intentionally held back on some explanations until season 2 maybe.
Old 2013-07-23, 15:23   Link #3463
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
It's good. Better in the LN, because they explain a few key points better. To summarize....
  • The whole "Date" thing. This is necessary because it is physically impossible for humans to defeat a spirit. The anime makes it seem like the AST can put up a fight. They can't, and they repeatedly acknowledge that what they are doing is only buying time. Except Origami, but she's irrational around spirits at best.
  • Tohka (and other spirits) attitude towards Shidou. Until they met him every single other human has tried to kill them. He reaches out to them and gives them the only source of companionship and kindness they have known. That's why they are so quick to become attached.
  • The zaniness comes from two things. One, it's anime, so the rules of reality stretch for comedy. Two, as stated before, the spirits can't be dealt with through other means. Hence the absurd date scenes.
  • What happens outside the dates. See, Ratatoskr does everything they can to keep the focus on the dates and in the aspect of a "dating sim". Eventually reality hits and the spirits have to use their powers for something. This sends the story straight into the horror genre.... told from the perspective of the monster. I hate Origami and the AST for various reasons, but even I felt sorry for them after what Tohka did to them.
To be honest I hate Origami a lot too, even when her parents were killed by a spirit I donīt feel much symphaty for her. Why? 1)Shidou explains her that it was another spirit who caused the disaster not Kotori, a guy who never lies and she claims to love, never the less she was more than ready to cut him in half along with Kotori just to release her hatred for her tragedy. 2)She treats all the spirits like dirt even when their powers sel and knowing they the real victims in all this mess, hell humans in this story more like monsters that the spirits themselfs.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 20:45   Link #3464
Riki
ランダム王

Here we go again.............*sigh* Why cant everyone just enjoy the novel instead of being a troll
Old 2013-07-23, 20:53   Link #3465
SeaDam

Silly evil humans putting their towns and cities in the way of the poor spirits' comings and goings.
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 21:20   Link #3466
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Here we go again.............*sigh* Why cant everyone just enjoy the novel instead of being a troll
some people think they can make the novel better but their wrong usually best to ignore the fools huh riki and hope the people doing the novel ignore them too.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 23:23   Link #3467
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
Silly evil humans putting their towns and cities in the way of the poor spirits' comings and goings.
Yay, here we go agaaaainnnn~~~~~~

down the road to waaarrrr~~~~

Jokes aside, I have no problem with the humans. Most of the normals are great people, except that damn "gross" girl. And even most of the humans in the know are actually perfectly good people. Hell, you could consider them heroes. I understand perfectly why the AST do what they do, right up till they figure out that Tohka was sealed and don't try to figure out how.

My problems with Origami stem from her character type, which I just don't like. The fact that the AST are attacking the spirits at first makes sense. These monsters show up in the middle of an explosion and destroy their surroundings by existing. Not to mention the first space-quake killed like 100 million people. I'd say that warrants some hostility. But since they are perfectly aware that they can't actually kill a spirit, forget being curious about human!Tohka. They should be desperately trying to figure out what the f**k caused this and how they can make it happen again.

Tohka herself says she understands why the AST attack her: because she hurts their world by being there. But Shidou has a way around that. They know (or at least Origami does) that he is at least part of it if not the center. It would have made so much more sense if they just brought him in. They don't have to join up, they don't have to all become okay with the spirits. In fact, the most likely (most exciting) scenario would be they want to use him against the spirits, and Ratatoskr and the girls have to break him out. But they don't do anything! The author is determined to keep them as little more than punching bags for the spirits so we know how much Shidou needs to seal them.
Old 2013-07-24, 03:07   Link #3468
rvlast

Slightly-off topic but this also does concern about Reine and her lack of sleep.

Apparently, someone beat her record in real life:
http://web.archive.org/web/200805130...0&newsid=12673
Old 2013-07-24, 03:19   Link #3469
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Jokes aside, I have no problem with the humans. Most of the normals are great people, except that damn "gross" girl. And even most of the humans in the know are actually perfectly good people. Hell, you could consider them heroes. I understand perfectly why the AST do what they do, right up till they figure out that Tohka was sealed and don't try to figure out how.

My problems with Origami stem from her character type, which I just don't like. The fact that the AST are attacking the spirits at first makes sense. These monsters show up in the middle of an explosion and destroy their surroundings by existing. Not to mention the first space-quake killed like 100 million people. I'd say that warrants some hostility. But since they are perfectly aware that they can't actually kill a spirit, forget being curious about human!Tohka. They should be desperately trying to figure out what the f**k caused this and how they can make it happen again.

Tohka herself says she understands why the AST attack her: because she hurts their world by being there. But Shidou has a way around that. They know (or at least Origami does) that he is at least part of it if not the center. It would have made so much more sense if they just brought him in. They don't have to join up, they don't have to all become okay with the spirits. In fact, the most likely (most exciting) scenario would be they want to use him against the spirits, and Ratatoskr and the girls have to break him out. But they don't do anything! The author is determined to keep them as little more than punching bags for the spirits so we know how much Shidou needs to seal them.
Given recent events with DEM, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a plot point. Clearly whatever Wescott's exact plans are, it involves sending spirits into despair to force out their true forms as he did with Tohka. Letting the AST find a peaceful way to end the conflict would be heavily counter-productuve to this, and with his company being the major supplier of Realizers to the world, which are used in several levels of government, thus he automatically has heavy political pull. DEM is officially and outwardly opposed to peace with the spirits, after all. So it would make sense if he's pulling strings to keep sealing the spirits' powers off the table for the AST, as he has no control over Ratatosk.
Old 2013-07-24, 04:22   Link #3470
cloud04
Scanlator

Ratatosk absorbs AST into their ranks XD lolz..well they already got mana XD
Old 2013-07-24, 07:06   Link #3471
Ramen00

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
To be honest I hate Origami a lot too, even when her parents were killed by a spirit I donīt feel much symphaty for her. Why? 1)Shidou explains her that it was another spirit who caused the disaster not Kotori, a guy who never lies and she claims to love, never the less she was more than ready to cut him in half along with Kotori just to release her hatred for her tragedy. 2)She treats all the spirits like dirt even when their powers sel and knowing they the real victims in all this mess, hell humans in this story more like monsters that the spirits themselfs.
Why?

No offense but, did you see how Origami went inside DEM even with that state just to save Shidou? She even battled with Elen. Also at the Yamai Tempest when Shidou was outside and Origami tried her hardest just to get past the new cr-unit that blocks her way?...I believe she didn't even treat the spirits dirt even when power sealed... Just that on Tohka it's just the feeling of jealousy..

She didn't even treat Yoshino as dirt, as for Yamai twins also. xD

Well I guess it's your opinion and I can't change it.
Ramen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 11:08   Link #3472
endarion88

i dont really like origami but i don't hate her either and for the whole spirit=dirt i think than the real villain monster is mana

here how mana brain works

warning a wild nightmare (kurumi) has appeared

1) shot
2) decapitate
3) impale
4) dissemble
5) turn her to dust
6) send her to the oblivion
7) anything that kill her is fine!
8) random from the above mentioned
Old 2013-07-24, 11:49   Link #3473
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Given recent events with DEM, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a plot point. Clearly whatever Wescott's exact plans are, it involves sending spirits into despair to force out their true forms as he did with Tohka. Letting the AST find a peaceful way to end the conflict would be heavily counter-productuve to this, and with his company being the major supplier of Realizers to the world, which are used in several levels of government, thus he automatically has heavy political pull. DEM is officially and outwardly opposed to peace with the spirits, after all. So it would make sense if he's pulling strings to keep sealing the spirits' powers off the table for the AST, as he has no control over Ratatosk.
There. This right here. This makes the AST so much better as antagonists. That's all they needed, a proper explanation for a few of the bigger plot holes.
Old 2013-07-24, 14:06   Link #3474
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
There. This right here. This makes the AST so much better as antagonists. That's all they needed, a proper explanation for a few of the bigger plot holes.
Well, that's only speculation on my part. It hasn't been said if Wescott or DEM has any real control over the AST at all. (aside from being able to get Mana on the roster)

But it would make perfect sense.
Old 2013-07-25, 14:15   Link #3475
Miraluka
Banned

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17579.html

So, whats the big deal for not being 2 cour anime? I thought it was obvious.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 19:07   Link #3476
cloud04
Scanlator

i would probably coz the anime was announced when it only had vol 3 out..when anime ended they had about the encore just came out or so

i assume they didnt think how will the novel go or so..

on side note: any1 can take a look at his?Tohka's profile
Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-25, 19:20   Link #3477
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
i dont really like origami but i don't hate her either and for the whole spirit=dirt i think than the real villain monster is mana

here how mana brain works

warning a wild nightmare (kurumi) has appeared

1) shot
2) decapitate
3) impale
4) dissemble
5) turn her to dust
6) send her to the oblivion
7) anything that kill her is fine!
8) random from the above mentioned
Given their conversation it looks more like Kurumi is trying to shape Mana into said monster as a) Kurumi doesn't care if she is killed and b) she is actively killing people.

Quote:
Yay, here we go agaaaainnnn~~~~~~

down the road to waaarrrr~~~~

This is also why I wish Date a Strike was translated as it showed that before being sealed Tohka was extremely aggressive causing massive property damage and attacking and nearly killing a cowering Mike and would have had the AST not shown up at that point to save her. It also drives home some of the more horrific things that DEM is doing that is only hinted at by the Bandersntach dolls (ie the CR units need a human brain to be operated) and what they did to Mana.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 21:07   Link #3478
sky black swordman

Honestly, I can somewhat understand other people's reasons for disliking and downright hating Origami, and that's fine. That's their opinion, which they are entitled to.

I personally don't dislike Origami, in fact I like her quite a bit. Although she is not in my top 5 favorite characters for this series. One thing, I like about Origami is
aggressiveness in trying to get Shido to her's. It's something that reminds me of a other characters from various series, I love to read. Another thing that I like about her is willingness to do whatever she needs to do, to protect the boy she loves. No matter the what consequences that may befall her for said actions or despite the condition she is in.

One thing I do find irritating about her is, her blocking Tohka from progressing her relationship with Shido. But this is something I can understand.

There's one particular incident in the LN that prevents me from loving Origami to only like her. The incident that cause me to see Origami in a negative light was when she attack Kotori. While I can undrestand Origami's wanting to kill Kotori (who Origami believes is the one who killed her parents) for revenge, but to attack Kotori, who is in the amusement park which is full of innocent people is unacceptable.
Old 2013-07-25, 21:23   Link #3479
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Honestly, I can somewhat understand other people's reasons for disliking and downright hating Origami, and that's fine. That's their opinion, which they are entitled to.

I personally don't dislike Origami, in fact I like her quite a bit. Although she is not in my top 5 favorite characters for this series. One thing, I like about Origami is
aggressiveness in trying to get Shido to her's. It's something that reminds me of a other characters from various series, I love to read. Another thing that I like about her is willingness to do whatever she needs to do, to protect the boy she loves. No matter the what consequences that may befall her for said actions or despite the condition she is in.

One thing I do find irritating about her is, her blocking Tohka from progressing her relationship with Shido. But this is something I can understand.

There's one particular incident in the LN that prevents me from loving Origami to only like her. The incident that cause me to see Origami in a negative light was when she attack Kotori. While I can undrestand Origami's wanting to kill Kotori (who Origami believes is the one who killed her parents) for revenge, but to attack Kotori, who is in the amusement park which is full of innocent people is unacceptable.
I believe she lost herself at that time. she forgot to think due to her emotional rage

I also like Origami , the fact that she is the most aggressive among the girls mean that she mostly deserves the reward and is not useless compared to Lucy of FT. Screw Lucy
Old 2013-07-25, 21:30   Link #3480
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
I believe she lost herself at that time. she forgot to think due to her emotional rage

I also like Origami , the fact that she is the most aggressive among the girls mean that she mostly deserves the reward and is not useless compared to Lucy of FT. Screw Lucy
i think when vol 8 comes out..miku would probably the most aggressive now

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy