AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2010-08-28, 06:03   Link #101
mt.andi
Triple agent

Quote:
Who has superior control over his power? Is it AIM density? Stronger personal reality? Faster calculation? (putting comment on this one: you can advance brain by adding more density and better structures that adds you more calculating potencial, but in terms of speed per one calculation - you have limit here - speed of light, thats why i said at beginning, simmilar calculating potencial). I think its a stronger personal reality that will decide the wictor.
Accelerator can't redirect a punch from other Accelerator, it would be an ordinary fistfight.
Kuroko can't teleport Awaki, Mikoto is immune to electricity.
So the winner will be the one, who could control the indirect factors better.
mt.andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 08:37   Link #102
Phibrizzo
Honos628

That analogy is terrible, the sisters are not immune to electricity, the head up due to friction with air of electricity can kill Mikoto, magnetism has a wide rage to kill a person, a railgun is kinetic energy after the melting point of the coin.

The explanation for a teleporter cant affect other teleporter can be taken as a exception.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 09:50   Link #103
tsunade666

Accelerator can redirect a punch coming from another accelerator though what's the use. If you could use other medium. The problem their is who would repel and who would suck it in. Like I said before if it's a fight of 2 accelerator then the one who could better use of their own weakness win. They both know how their ability work just like Kihara so the way Kihara do things is the better way to kill each other.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 10:30   Link #104
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@zaeraal

I'll be honest, I'm confused by your post but I'll try to answer what I know.

It's not specifically mention what determines one AIM field superiority over another, but Accelerator has shown that he could hijack another Esper's power despite them still being in direct control of it. Whether it's due to the nature of his Redirection power or his superior brain capacity, we don't know for sure. But if it's the former, then no matter how in control you are of your powers, it would never work on Accelerator.
Isnt the ability to hijack other esper powers only in awakened mode? Because i didnt wanted to bring awakened accel to this discusion, hi is just a walking hack, if he figures how to vector co2 back to o2 and residual substances from cells back to sugars and proteins, he can just write "god" on his forehead. (wont run out of breath, stamina, no need to drink, eat, rest..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt.andi View Post
Accelerator can't redirect a punch from other Accelerator, it would be an ordinary fistfight.
Kuroko can't teleport Awaki, Mikoto is immune to electricity.
So the winner will be the one, who could control the indirect factors better.
Well, Mikoto isnt exactly "immune" to electricity, she just controls it, so it will not harm her. This was my point with my post before, (maybe accel was not the best example). Electricity will harm Mikoto if she CANT control it. If another esper (some super sister lv 5) shot thunder at her, but her control over it would be superior, meaning that mikoto would not be able to gain control over it when it hits her body, she will by harmed by it. And if there can exist a esper with superior control over power than another esper on the same level, then there can be an esper, who can break throught accel defense.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 10:47   Link #105
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Isnt the ability to hijack other esper powers only in awakened mode? Because i didnt wanted to bring awakened accel to this discusion, hi is just a walking hack, if he figures how to vector co2 back to o2 and residual substances from cells back to sugars and proteins, he can just write "god" on his forehead. (wont run out of breath, stamina, no need to drink, eat, rest..)
ah No.

the battle between rank 1 and 2 is already translated in baka-tsuki.

After getting hit once by an unknown attack or the dark matter accelerator analyze it within seconds then when kakine attacks the second time. It's already useless and within his "filter". So he gets to pawn and show the power gap with rank 2. While protecting the bystander and just playing around and only getting hit once. Accelerator only awakens after the battle is already won when Kakine do something insanely stupid.

You should read it. it's epic

Quote:
Well, Mikoto isnt exactly "immune" to electricity, she just controls it, so it will not harm her. This was my point with my post before, (maybe accel was not the best example). Electricity will harm Mikoto if she CANT control it. If another esper (some super sister lv 5) shot thunder at her, but her control over it would be superior, meaning that mikoto would not be able to gain control over it when it hits her body, she will by harmed by it. And if there can exist a esper with superior control over power than another esper on the same level, then there can be an esper, who can break throught accel defense.
better control..................... hmm well so far mikoto is the strongest long range artillery a and electro master. So we don't know. But wit her battle with Mugino. With the same roots as range artillery she can some how deflect it. With how their powers works the same. So even in those 2 level 5 with only low difference in power out put. Mikoto can still dodge it. So I think with the same nature as electricity and same firing type ability. Even a new set of sisters come out as a level 5. Mikoto can still hold her ground.
Old 2010-08-28, 15:04   Link #106
Phibrizzo
Honos628

More than that, is that even light and of course mugino ray still are subject to gravity and magnetism can create a gravity vortex thus vending the ray, maybe not enough to change the curse of it but at least to modify the accuracity.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 05:18   Link #107
tsunade666

well if mikoto manage to bend it a little then she can just dodge it.

But you can't do that on accelerator. His attacks are natural damage and aren't work through his esper or aim ability. Well aside from dark wings. But his normal state and attack are just trashing you with the world's environment against you.

And 2 Accelerator fighting it out against each other would just destroy everything around it. Unless they settle it in one hit go kill attack.
Old 2010-08-29, 06:39   Link #108
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

But you can't do that on accelerator. His attacks are natural damage and aren't work through his esper or aim ability. Well aside from dark wings. But his normal state and attack are just trashing you with the world's environment against you.
Err no, if he can split Russia, he can definitely rip someone to shreds with just his power alone.
Old 2010-08-29, 06:49   Link #109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Err no, if he can split Russia, he can definitely rip someone to shreds with just his power alone.
Erm no, that whole thing with spliting Russia was just another mistranslation.

But it was mentioned several times that he made minced-meat out of alot of people... Literally.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 06:54   Link #110
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm no, that whole thing with spliting Russia was just another mistranslation.
What page is it? Vol 20.....

Might as well check for myself although I don't really have the time to read in the barrack....
Old 2010-08-29, 07:15   Link #111
tsunade666

I'm not saying Accelerator can't rip you apart. I'm pertaining on the range of his AIM. Because in the previews post on bending or altering the direction of attacks by using your own ability to hijack the other person ability.

You can't hijack accelerator ability because the one his firing at you is basically the surrounding or environment..... hmm how to say this....... basically his aim filed is only few millimeters or even millimeters away on his skin. So even if he directed an attack towards you. His powers aren't acting on it so you can't hijack it or alter its direction using your own ability.

You can only dodge it smash the attack if you can or even just take it head on if you can survive that is. Unlike on what Mugino vs Mikoto where Mikoto uses her ability to bend the ray of meltdown against her.

You can't do that against Accelerator
Old 2010-08-29, 07:26   Link #112
Ashaman

Actually, becuse he doesn't keep constant control, you probably could hijack the objects if you had talekinesis or something. I'm not saying hijack of his powers though.
Old 2010-08-29, 09:04   Link #113
tsunade666

Quote:
You can only dodge it smash the attack if you can or even just take it head on if you can survive that is. Unlike on what Mugino vs Mikoto where Mikoto uses her ability to bend the ray of meltdown against her.
Well I didn't say that it can't altered using your power. you can smash it, dodge it or take it head on. It's not like Accelerator had any control on it. He just like ........... hmm... directing it. From his abilities name redirection. After altering it's course be it focusing or speeding it up or gathering it on one point then release it. That's all their is too it.

Controlling it's direction might be to lame from the words on it but with the very wide range and variety. He can practically control anything that has direction, moving or vector on it.
Old 2010-08-29, 12:16   Link #114
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

So what exactly is a personal reality in the first place? Nothing I've seen gives me a more concrete definition than the old "Schrodinger's Cat" explanation which doesn't tell me much. Are all espers just low-level reality warpers or something?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 12:27   Link #115
tsunade666

I don't quite understand it too but in a simple sense. The personal reality is your own reality becoming one or merging with the "reality". that reality happens inside your AIM field.

That's what I understand from the definitions given on it.

Personal reality can be your imagination, wish or what you want to do, in a sense I can also called it in a dream. Though even if your dreaming not everything can be turn into reality. That's when the your calculation capacity, will and brain capacity and other specs needed for your reality or dream to come true.

................ In few words for me a "power to change reality" though reality can be also called fate if you ask me.
Old 2010-08-29, 18:35   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
So what exactly is a personal reality in the first place? Nothing I've seen gives me a more concrete definition than the old "Schrodinger's Cat" explanation which doesn't tell me much. Are all espers just low-level reality warpers or something?
Long story short, just call it the AIM field of the Esper, I find the term 'personal reality' rather misleading. But yes, the Esper power involve tempering with certain laws of this world to various degree.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 00:47   Link #117
Flere821
Lurker

IMO, 'Personal Reality' is what Espers use to overwrite the unmodified, 'normal' reality most people live in. Kinda like painting over another painting. Esper Levels depend on how much they can bring their own reality into the 'normal' world.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 10:44   Link #118
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Right now, after seeing what Black Wings Accelerator can do in the fight against Gabriel, I'm tempted to ask.....who would win in a fight between Accelerator and Carissa with Curtana Original?
Old 2010-09-11, 10:52   Link #119
tsunade666

Accelerator in black wings mode? hmm curtana is a dimensional attack so it can't be block BUT apparently for no known reason Accelerator in his database had a filter already for teleporter and even magic. if you remember in vol 20 when a magician attack him. He did say that he can redirect an attack of a teleporter which is a dimensional attack.

So Accelerator in black wings mode can probably hold his ground BUT even so an attack of Curtana Original with one swing can turn a city into ruins. Even Accelerator can do that too but sheer fire power is still sheer fire power.

So who knows who will win unless we see them fight.

But I would bet it's Accelerator as though Curtana has divine origins but still not on the level of a a real divine.
Old 2010-09-11, 10:57   Link #120
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Accelerator in black wings mode? hmm curtana is a dimensional attack so it can't be block BUT apparently for no known reason Accelerator in his database had a filter already for teleporter and even magic. if you remember in vol 20 when a magician attack him. He did say that he can redirect an attack of a teleporter which is a dimensional attack.

So Accelerator in black wings mode can probably hold his ground BUT even so an attack of Curtana Original with one swing can turn a city into ruins. Even Accelerator can do that too but sheer fire power is still sheer fire power.

So who knows who will win unless we see them fight.

But I would bet it's Accelerator as though Curtana has divine origins but still not on the level of a a real divine.
Interesting.....however, Accelerator was badly pwned by a 50% summoned Gabriel....the Sweep that it performed on Accelerator was no where near the destructiveness of Curtana Original. And notably, a blast from Curtana Original actually managed to knock Touma on his ass....And Curtana Original is Telesma, which Accelerator has been shown to be unable to affect.....not simple magic

Tags
hard science