AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-10, 02:42   Link #1
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Starwish

So...did anyone besides me play Starwish on Kongregate yet?

Basically, IMO, it's a visual novel with story on par with some of the golden age of RPG games (think Chrono Trigger/SD 3 here...at least for the time spent playing it), with the turn-based battle system replaced by a horizontal-scrolling shooter similar to U.N. squadron.

Frankly, it's one of the best flash games I've ever played, and in fact, one of the best games period that I've played where story is concerned.

Anyway...just goes to show you what a few amateurs can do in the short time span of one year. Given this, how the heck is it that we don't hold our AAA game companies to higher standards?
Old 2011-07-14, 05:14   Link #2
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Finished it a while ago, I was all over Ginny. The game itself was fairly simple and dragged out a bit long in the end but what really made me like it were how the the characters interacted with each other. That's coming from someone who has fairly high standards for story execution.

That reminds me I still haven't seen all the different ends ;A;
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 21:21   Link #3
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

You gotta read the kongregate guide on the game discussion on page 3 for the optimization problem necessary to solve to get all endings in one go. If you do, you get a very awesome special end as well.