Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-26, 06:52   Link #41
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The above statement should allow a smile in a lot of the pro-dub fans. As for the Seiyuu who is going to voice Dante, watch Black Lagoon to get a glimpse of how awesome Mr. Chan is.
Well, it's not really about pro-dubs... Dante has always been speaking English, even in the Japanese version of the game. It can be strange.

I'm quite not worried as I really love the cast here (especially Rukia and Chan). Funny note, the seiyuu doing Chan and now Dante also does Solid Snake in the Japanese versions of Metal Gear Solid.
Quality.

Except for Dante, Lady and Trish, I don't know who the other characters are. I'm quite disappointed that Vergil is nowhere to be found at the moment.

EDIT: Oh and, Sheba, I still want to know where your avatar comes from
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 08:04   Link #42
Adventury
Rail Tracer

Well, if I'm not mistaken, that avatar should be from the Shakugan no Shana DVD specials (the first one, I believe), in other words, from Shakugan no Shanatan.
Adventury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 09:46   Link #43
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Toshiyuki Morikawa did not voiced Solid Snake, he voiced Sephiroth in Adven Children. Solid Snake was voiced by Akio Ohtsuka, most known as Batou.
For those who are as fighting game geek as me, Morikawa is also known as Bob Wilson in Fatal Fury, Ryu and Nash in the Street Fighter Alpha series.

PS: The avatar is from the third Shakugan no Shanatan. I forgot to answer the pm, my bad.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 00:58   Link #44
Lebron
I hear voices

Looks interesting to say the least. How many episodes will it be?
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 01:08   Link #45
monir
cho~ kakkoii

It will be 12 episodes long, as in, short and sweet.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 02:01   Link #46
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Argh, sorry for the snake confusion. Considering I'm checking 385924 Voice Actors a day to prepare the spring season I got totally messed up. Akio Ohtsuka is indeed in DMC but as Morrison (who it is, I have no idea)

Thanks for the reply though.
Oh and, Nash rules.
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 06:15   Link #47
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

As Morinso* (or however it is meant to be romanised). I don't think Morrison would be written as モリソン in katakana.
Old 2007-03-27, 10:36   Link #48
Mitheor

High Quality trialer
Mitheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 11:47   Link #49
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grv View Post
Weren't there 3 different voice actors for Dante in the games anyway?
Yeah but they seem to have settled on Reuben Langdon as Dante since he's doing it for DMC4 (thus being the first returning Dante VA).

I too hope they eventually get the game's cast to voice for an American release.

Edit: That trailer's music reminds me of Guilty Gear.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 12:13   Link #50
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Heh, nice. Although Madhouse making yet another sweet-looking action series will probably result in Death Note continuing to get the shaft in terms of animation...
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 12:26   Link #51
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grv View Post
As Morinso* (or however it is meant to be romanised). I don't think Morrison would be written as モリソン in katakana.
???

モリソン is how Morrison is spelled in katakana.
What are you talking about?

your spelling "Morinso" would be モリンソ
you seem to be getting "n" and "so" confused.
Old 2007-03-27, 14:02   Link #52
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Aha, I read them the wrong way around

Shall update my original post. Sorry ;x
Old 2007-03-27, 14:07   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Heh, nice. Although Madhouse making yet another sweet-looking action series will probably result in Death Note continuing to get the shaft in terms of animation...
Hopefully that won't be the case. Unlike Claymore and DMC, Death Note doesn't have many complicated movements that can be seen in action oriented series.

Oh, please don't compromise Madhouse! You are my favorite studio for a reason.
Old 2007-03-27, 14:54   Link #54
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Hopefully that won't be the case. Unlike Claymore and DMC, Death Note doesn't have many complicated movements that can be seen in action oriented series.

LOL... MadHouse has only keep Paranoia Agent and Kemonozume, and I hope Dennou Coil in the future, with a decent animation through, Death Note has already went into outsource hell and Claymore will probably follow that path. DMC may survive the KOREAN-ANIMATOR holocaust due to the sponsors.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 17:22   Link #55
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

Devil May Cry anime is going to be referred as DMC?
Oh man... what will we do when D.M.C gets animated?

I already fell for a prank once, where someone posted a link going "OMG DMC animated!" and I thought to myself. "HOLY $#!@ Krauser-san is gonna f**king kill everyone with his sheer awesomeness if this is true!"... only to find out the link went to Devil May Cry anime announcement.

Oh well. I'm gonna go back to playing with my revoltech Dante, and have my action figure of Krauser-san rape his video-game ass.

DMC (Detroit Metal City) for life!

Anyways, on topic of Devil May Cry...
The official trailer shown at Anime Festa that was posted on youtube in above post, is also up on the official site for Anime Festa.
Click here for the video.
Old 2007-03-27, 17:48   Link #56
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Devil May Cry anime is going to be referred as DMC?
Oh man... what will we do when D.M.C gets animated?

I already fell for a prank once, where someone posted a link going "OMG DMC animated!" and I thought to myself. "HOLY $#!@ Krauser-san is gonna f**king kill everyone with his sheer awesomeness if this is true!"... only to find out the link went to Devil May Cry anime announcement.

Oh well. I'm gonna go back to playing with my revoltech Dante, and have my action figure of Krauser-san rape his video-game ass.

DMC (Detroit Metal City) for life!

I suppose we follow your example and put lots of periods in between those letters when Detroit Metal City gets animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
LOL... MadHouse has only keep Paranoia Agent and Kemonozume, and I hope Dennou Coil in the future, with a decent animation through, Death Note has already went into outsource hell and Claymore will probably follow that path. DMC may survive the KOREAN-ANIMATOR holocaust due to the sponsors.
Yes, I also noticed in one episode of Death Note the awkward inconsistency in the character design, and the lack of details in the background. Aside for the rich sponsors for DMC (sorry Aohige ), the length of the series is also in favor for some animation consistency. Here is to hoping.
Old 2007-03-27, 17:50   Link #57
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:

I suppose we follow your example and put lots of periods in between those letters when Detroit Metal City gets animated.

Yes, I also noticed in one episode of Death Note the awkward inconsistency in the character design, and the lack of details in the background. Aside for the rich sponors for DMC (sorry Aohige ), the length of the series is also in favor for some animation consistency. Here is to hoping.
Yeah that too, MadHouse 13 episodes series are always of fairly good animation.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 06:58   Link #58
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Hell has frozen over. Loli in a Devil May Cry? What have they done to my badass stylish video game?
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 08:12   Link #59
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Hell has frozen over. Loli in a Devil May Cry? What have they done to my badass stylish video game?
Dante is required to build up his harem.

He can't do without a harem staple, loli considering that his harem's even got gun shaped twins girls, even if those are his dad's hand-me-down girls.

For some reason I'm reminded of Soul Hunter...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:59   Link #60
tsukari

This is great, i hope it airs really soon.
And 12 episodes seem enough, i just hope there's a good balance between fighting and story, and not 12 episodes of bullets.
And madhouse makes fairly good animations in my personal opinion. And it's only 12 episodes, i don't think they can ruin that.
And i heared a rumor the same guy who did sephiroth in advent children's going to do a voice too, so we got our evil voice.
tsukari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, madhouse