AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-10, 07:56   Link #2701
kitten320

^That actually would be nice, I don't mind it either.

Wouldn't mind one for Cal but then again most of her story we already know so...

But one for Ein would be cool, especially since she is the first one what means her training and suffering were different from Reiji's.
Old 2010-12-10, 10:30   Link #2702
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't want to know any of Ein's backstory. It'll just cause rage on my end.
Old 2010-12-10, 10:58   Link #2703
kitten320

Why would it?
Old 2011-01-31, 10:51   Link #2704
Battler-kun

Just watched this pearl!

I am still baffled, not only because of the twists and the end but by how much it sucked me into it!

It's just wonderful, almost everything about this anime is 10/10 !

Things i didn't like was really how they ended up in highschool and played highschool people, even though i know Ein did it on purpose to get near Mio.
But perhaps they just look this young so no one noticed that they are several years senior to them.
Also what happend to Cal during only 2 years...that wasn't so great.
Cruel world!

A rather open end. I think they are both dead, how they died , well...we will never know for sure.

Nontheless, it sucked me into it totally.
I marathoned this anime.
Reiji remembered me of Hei (DtB)...must have also been quite painful for him to become a assassin and even be called death reaper.
And both needed a close person, someone like a sister, to endure the mental strain , a catalyst so to speak.

Just feels empty now that i finished it, so empty...it will take some time before i can start a new series.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 21:26   Link #2705
Jujubee

Did Scythe feed Cal some kind of growth hormones during the two year time lapse? OMG when she came back I couldn't believe how much she had grown up. She went from being a flat, 4 foot tall 12 year old to a 6 foot big breasted vixen in only two years. I read she was actually 14 but still, goddamn she blew up! It was the most dramatic/hilarious/awesome change of character I've seen yet.
Jujubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 21:35   Link #2706
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Just watched this pearl!

I am still baffled, not only because of the twists and the end but by how much it sucked me into it!

It's just wonderful, almost everything about this anime is 10/10 !
Glad you liked it. This was definitely a great series. So great, I just ordered the DVDs.

Quote:
Things i didn't like was really how they ended up in highschool and played highschool people, even though i know Ein did it on purpose to get near Mio.
But perhaps they just look this young so no one noticed that they are several years senior to them.
That was part of them wanting to live normal lives, mainly Reiji wanting to show Ein what a real, school life, was since she only has memories of being the Phantom.

Quote:
Also what happend to Cal during only 2 years...that wasn't so great.
Cruel world!
Yes... that made me rage a little. I don't think she let Death Scythe do much like Ein, but she still had it really tough and it was frustratingly because he just assumed she was dead instead of checking. He could have handled anything they threw at him as he climbed that building.

Quote:
A rather open end. I think they are both dead, how they died , well...we will never know for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
Did Scythe feed Cal some kind of growth hormones during the two year time lapse? OMG when she came back I couldn't believe how much she had grown up. She went from being a flat, 4 foot tall 12 year old to a 6 foot big breasted vixen in only two years. I read she was actually 14 but still, goddamn she blew up! It was the most dramatic/hilarious/awesome change of character I've seen yet.
That would be the only fault this series has. It is not unprecedented for a girl to grow up that much in such a short time. In the visual novel she did grow up a lot, but they upped the bust in the anime.

Man... I wish the game wasn't a DVD one, I would totally play it. I wish they would re-release it and all. But all we are got was a 360 port.
Old 2011-01-31, 22:40   Link #2707
Jujubee

That's the only thing I didn't like about Zwei, his neglect towards Cal. All that drama could have easily been avoided had he even tried looking for her after the explosion or even tried talking to her when she came back. It may sound a little naive but I believe they could have straightened out everything if they just sat down and talked things over. But rational actions never happen in anime. They have to let it get drawn out for more drama and suspense. This time that just lead to a horrible ending rather than getting resolved later. ._.
Old 2011-02-01, 16:58   Link #2708
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Pre-skip he neglected her because she was a little kid. He also didn't realize how much she adored and cared for him until it was too late. I think it was within a couple of days after he had realized and accepted her that everything went to hell.

Post-skip he should have tried to apologize or something, but the thing is... it wouldn't have mattered. She suffered for two years because of him (not directly, but she blames him) and no amount of apology would make up for that. I think if he had shot her in the arm in the church instead of killing her they could have worked things out. I was really hoping that would happen, that she would at least live long enough to be redeemed. Agh... I have to go scream into the sky now.

And it's not that rational actions never happen in anime, it's they never happen in fiction - otherwise there wouldn't be a story.
Old 2011-02-03, 22:59   Link #2709
Battler-kun

Oh, just wanted to say that Zwei is a big idiot.

In modern times there is such thing as mobile phones or any long distance communication possibilities.

For fucking sake...would he have given Cal a phone or a number to call for.

This is so stupid....Cal... ;_;

Well...whatever , in the end almost everyone is dead anyways.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 15:49   Link #2710
Jujubee

I don't think Zwei cared enough about Cal to keep in touch like that. She was just a temporary morality pet to him. It was evident enough in his reaction when he saw her again. Rather than going 'OMG you're alive!' It was more like 'OMG how are you not dead?' There's a huge difference. No matter how use he is to accepting death that's no way to react toward a lost family member. Unless they aren't considered family at all.

At least he died too though. The fact that everyone dies does feel more satisfying. I'd have been pissed if it was just Cal.
Old 2011-02-05, 18:57   Link #2711
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Oh, just wanted to say that Zwei is a big idiot.

In modern times there is such thing as mobile phones or any long distance communication possibilities.

For fucking sake...would he have given Cal a phone or a number to call for.

This is so stupid....Cal... ;_;

Well...whatever , in the end almost everyone is dead anyways.
Communication can be tracked. And if the plot called for it, it would have happened no matter what. In other words, if they had pre-paid cell phones the network would have been hacked to find them or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubee View Post
I don't think Zwei cared enough about Cal to keep in touch like that. She was just a temporary morality pet to him. It was evident enough in his reaction when he saw her again. Rather than going 'OMG you're alive!' It was more like 'OMG how are you not dead?' There's a huge difference. No matter how use he is to accepting death that's no way to react toward a lost family member. Unless they aren't considered family at all.

At least he died too though. The fact that everyone dies does feel more satisfying. I'd have been pissed if it was just Cal.
Just looking at Cal, he knew what had happened to her. She wasn't in a Sunday dress or anything. I won't say I didn't expect something more there, I was hoping for it and wished it did happen, but it didn't.

Plus her breasts may have slowed his train of thought.
Old 2011-02-15, 23:29   Link #2712
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I got my order in today with the both parts. I am writing up a review now (so far it's just the packaging, but I took pictures) so take a look if you want.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:40   Link #2713
ReY4Ever

Sorry for bumping such an old topic, but just wanted to write down my opinion on the series.

I enjoyed the series immensely. All 3 "arcs" were great, although i enjoyed the second one a bit more, due to Reiji's new personality. The time skips also made the story way more interesting and realistic.

Favorite character is Cal for me. During the second arc, she was just a normal character for me. During the 3th arc, i actually detested her, yet at the end of the series i couldn't really hate her. It sucked that she died, but i could live with it.

Initially i had some problems with the ending, but after reading over the different possibilities, i managed to accept it, and it actually made sense in a few ways.

I actually liked it so much, that i'm considering getting the game (Phantom of Inferno), to see the different possible endings. Anyone knows if it's worth it, and which version i should get if it is? I've seen a DVD version and PS2 version, what's the difference?

Anyways, overall, it's up there with my favorite animes. I can't even describe why i like it so much, everything just 'fit'.
ReY4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 10:33   Link #2714
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReY4Ever
I actually liked it so much, that i'm considering getting the game (Phantom of Inferno), to see the different possible endings. Anyone knows if it's worth it, and which version i should get if it is? I've seen a DVD version and PS2 version, what's the difference?
It is definitely worth it
There are 4 versions actually: original Phantom, DVD/Ps2 version, Phantom: Integration and an XBOX360 version.

If you can read Japanese, get Phantom: Integration (PC version). It adds a bad end to chapter 3 (originally there are no bad ends in the last arc) and has more artworks than the DVD/PS2 version.

Else, get the DVD/PS2 version, the only one translated. Be warned however: it is ran in a Video Player.

There is also supposed to be the newest XBOX360 version with Anime art and some new scenes... however, I don't know if that was even released yet :/

Quote:
Anyways, overall, it's up there with my favorite animes. I can't even describe why i like it so much, everything just 'fit'.
I know the feeling bro T_T
Old 2012-07-06, 13:05   Link #2715
ReY4Ever

Thanks for the quick reply!

Nope, can't read Japanese. Guess i'll get the DVD version then.

What do you mean with only being ran on a Video Player? Do you mean that it won't work on my regular DVD player or PS3? Or just not on my computer?
Old 2012-07-06, 13:22   Link #2716
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Oh, it should work on those. I mean it in a way that it is not a usual PC application where you can save (instead, you get passwords) and such.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:51   Link #2717
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's like the game is a giant DVD menu.
Old 2012-07-07, 12:29   Link #2718
ReY4Ever

That's good to hear.

Got one more question though. I've found the DVD version on Amazon, it says it's from Region 1 (America, Canada). Does this mean i won't be able to run the game here in Europe, or does it have no influence whatsoever?

Also, @ Nayreal. The remake you were talking about, should be released in Oktober.
Old 2012-07-08, 14:39   Link #2719
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code
Old 2012-07-08, 18:11   Link #2720
ReY4Ever

After i noticed it was Region 1, i already did some research about it, but didn't really find an 100% answer (neither on wikipedia or some random google results about the matter). Hence my question.

I'm thinking it will work (on both my PC and DVD player), but i'm reading a bit to much "should"s to be 100% sure. Just looking for a little confirmation from someone in Europe.

Last edited by ReY4Ever; 2012-07-08 at 18:47.

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen