Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-27, 04:20   Link #21
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ah okay. I haven't actually read the chapter yet since I'm still waiting on a scanlation.

Though it does make sense Law is the "Heart" of the four, considering the name of his crew.
The Heart seat also looked empty and Dof did regretfully mention "reserving the heart seat" for him.

Could mean the other seats are crews allied with Dof like Law was, im just wondering how the power levels match in Dofs organization since I guess the other seats mite be as strong as Vergo seeing as Law was as strong as him.

3 seats = zoro, sanji and?

Luffy will have to face off with Dof

Also wanokuni seems increasingly likely to be controlled by Kaido with the talk about it this ch.
Old 2013-02-27, 04:34   Link #22
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

so much information crammed into this one chapter, what a mind blowing chapter

I'm surprised that "Heart" that was mentioned few chapters back was referring to card suits, always thought it refers to body organ with Doflamingo in "Brain" position

and I knew it! I knew that Buggy will become shichibukai, kinda disappointed at the same time though since he doesn't have "animal theme" like other shichibukai

and did I miss something when I read it or Oda still keep one shichibukai member a secret?

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
(though how he could actually possesses 2 DF powers is beyond me)
there are some discussions in this thread about BB original power being Inu Inu no mi, type cerberus

this will explain claw shaped scars in Shanks's face and with three heads with three different personalities, just MAYBE allow him to eat 2 more DFs (Yami Yami & Gura Gura)

but that's just speculation with no definite proof at the moment

and looking at last chapter WSJ cover page and this chapter development, I couldn't stop thinking that Luffy will also end up with two different DFs power (Gomu Gomu and Mera Mera)
Old 2013-02-27, 04:38   Link #23
speed6408

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, the seat of heart is empty.
It was reserved for Law, although obviously that's not going to happen anymore.
and what about the SPADES pirates (former ace's crew)!!
Old 2013-02-27, 04:43   Link #24
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well a scanlation just went up and I got a good look at the chapter now.

So it seems the story has a course of action planned out for a while now. First destroying the SMILE factory on Dressorosa, then moving on to save Kanjuro and reunite with Law's crew on Zou, then dropping off Kinemon and Momosuke at Wanokuni. I guess that could change unexpectedly, but I'll take that as the plan for now.

Get to see Fleet Admiral Sakazuki for the first time since the time skip too. I'm strongly convinced this "Fujitora" is indeed a new admiral since it means "Pink Tiger" like someone said earlier, which fits the admiral code-name pattern. I wonder if they are a woman? (Perhaps Hina?)

And yep, Buggy is indeed one of the Shichibukai now. I'm pretty sure we all saw that one coming. I'm interested in that organization he apparently formed though, the "Pirate Dispatch Society". He's always seemed too incompetent for something like that. Wonder who the new other two Shichibukai are too since Doflamingo needs to be replaced.

And Doflamingo managed to snag the re-manifested Mera Mera no mi eh? I guess he was indeed there when Ace died after all. Wonder how it'll play into all this.

Really loved this chapter, just a fantastic whole bunch of exposition and world-building. Happy 700th milestone Oda!~
Old 2013-02-27, 04:57   Link #25
hiken_no_ace

Quote:
Well a scanlation just went up and I got a good look at the chapter now.

So it seems the story has a course of action planned out for a while now. First destroying the SMILE factory on Dressorosa, then moving on to save Kanjuro and reunite with Law's crew on Zou, then dropping off Kinemon and Momosuke at Wanokuni. I guess that could change unexpectedly, but I'll take that as the plan for now.

Get to see Fleet Admiral Sakazuki for the first time since the time skip too. I'm strongly convinced this "Fujitora" is indeed a new admiral since it means "Pink Tiger" like someone said earlier, which fits the admiral code-name pattern. I wonder if they are a woman? (Perhaps Hina?)

And yep, Buggy is indeed one of the Shichibukai now. I'm pretty sure we all saw that one coming. I'm interested in that organization he apparently formed though, the "Pirate Dispatch Society". He's always seemed too incompetent for something like that. Wonder who the new other two Shichibukai are too since Doflamingo needs to be replaced.

And Doflamingo managed to snag the re-manifested Mera Mera no mi eh? I guess he was indeed there when Ace died after all. Wonder how it'll play into all this.

Really loved this chapter, just a fantastic whole bunch of exposition and world-building. Happy 700th milestone Oda!~
it could well be another admiral. it's unlikely oda'll keep just a fleet admiral and an admiral (kizaru). and hopefully it is a girl, oda needs to bring in stronger women.
Old 2013-02-27, 05:21   Link #26
Blaat

Quote:
Well the pattern is playing card suits in Spanish, so his name will probably be "Pica".

Which means we can make the assumption there's probably a fourth guy too named "Corazon" (Heart).
Except Spanish doesn't use pica, corazon or even diamante in their playing cards it's oros, espadas, bastos and copas. Spanish uses the Latin suited cards not the French one although it seems Oda missed this memo.
Old 2013-02-27, 05:42   Link #27
ivereadtheterms

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post

there are some discussions in this thread about BB original power being Inu Inu no mi, type cerberus

this will explain claw shaped scars in Shanks's face and with three heads with three different personalities, just MAYBE allow him to eat 2 more DFs (Yami Yami & Gura Gura)

but that's just speculation with no definite proof at the moment
about scars on shank's face. there's one old picture of whitebeard's crew which shows BB wearing some wolverine-like weapon...thats must be the one that shapes those scars of shank's..

Quote:
and looking at last chapter WSJ cover page and this chapter development, I couldn't stop thinking that Luffy will also end up with two different DFs power (Gomu Gomu and Mera Mera)
now that you mention it.....
Old 2013-02-27, 06:16   Link #28
Awrya
U mad?

Are you for real? Buggy is a Shichibukai...?
Guess he's in because of his influence and not because of his combat abilities, so he's kind of a mascot character?
Old 2013-02-27, 06:26   Link #29
hiken_no_ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Are you for real? Buggy is a Shichibukai...?
Guess he's in because of his influence and not because of his combat abilities, so he's kind of a mascot character?
it's because he wanted protection
Old 2013-02-27, 06:41   Link #30
@GEMC

Quote:

My eyes almost pop out when buggy become a Shichibukai where even marine consider him a living legend

Quote:

What's inside the treasure chest is Ace's Mera-mera fruit.
Dofla laughs, the Straw Hat wouldn't want anyone else having this fruit, now would he? Fuffuffu!
It feels like luffy is the one who is going to eat ace´s Demon fruit when I remember this picture
[Spoiler][Spoiler]
Old 2013-02-27, 06:56   Link #31
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So with that being said, it's most likely the case that you need the correctly "matching" fruit to transfer a dead person's ability to next user.....
Now that i read back that chapter, i almost got what you're trying to say.

So if i get it right, say like CP9's Kaku DF which is a banana form. If Kaku dies, and someone put a normal banana next to his dead body, then Kaku's DF power will return to the banana and change the banana into a DF right?

Well that does makes alot of sense now.. but then it would require the current user to die first before the transfer can happen. I guess thats why BB covered himself in black cloth, so that no one would know what kind of fruit that gives the power of Gura Gura, if the encyclopedia didn't mention anything about Gura Gura's DF.

While for Ace, i guess it was that time between Ace's death and Shanks's appearance that Doflamingo sneakily transferred the fire power back into the fruit. This information certainly going to get overpowered DF users being targeted by ppl like Dofla in order to steal their power and return it back into the fruit.
Old 2013-02-27, 07:24   Link #32
SMASHERJACKSON

is it me or is trebol or w/e the clubs seat?
Old 2013-02-27, 07:31   Link #33
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiken_no_ace View Post
it's because he wanted protection
nah he want power. becoming sichibukai indicates he one step closer to be equal with shank.

Old 2013-02-27, 07:36   Link #34
ronin myael
lost ronin

truly a monumental chapter to mark the 700th release of op!

i knew it! buggy is now one of the shichibukai! but i love it that oda left out one name just to keep things mysterious. we finally saw more than akainu's shadow, we got a bit of info about doffy and his crew, a potentially new admiral and another samurai. and then there's ace's mera mera fruit. very interesting stuff. great job oda-sensei!
Old 2013-02-27, 07:45   Link #35
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post

It was shown in a flashback that BB fought using a clawed weapon back then.

Last edited by game2007; 2013-02-27 at 07:47. Reason: adding more stuff
Old 2013-02-27, 08:03   Link #36
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Great chapter with so many cool revelations.

Interessting though, that despite all the info, the name of one Shichibukai was still unrevealed. Maybe someone else we already know?

But his power doesn't really allow him to change places quickly. I was thinking more about someone like Enel, with a Mantra, that reached the whole GL, or someone unknown yet, with some sort of clairvoyance DF power, that allows him to see anything in the world.
It is Absalom, pretty much 99% confirmed.
Check the page where Kid's hideout is shown and Apoo is screaming about discovery of their alliance.

The ship that's sailing away in a hurry? Thriller Bark escape ship.
Old 2013-02-27, 08:40   Link #37
ellifeedn
Thinker

Since Doflamingo calls himself Joker, it makes sense he would have a card theme. But, would Luffy care about Ace's power like that?

Also, I love how Law realizes he's being sucked into Luffy's pace. Almost as priceless as tying Chopper to his head.
Old 2013-02-27, 08:50   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a pretty dense chapter. So many information in it.

Nice to get confirmation Buggy is now part of the Shichibukai, and considered a living legend

Curious to find out who Fujitora is. He's obviously an admiral, the question is: is he a new character or an existing vice admiral that was promoted? No sure who among the characters we know could be given that kind of nickname.

Lots of people on other forums assume Luffy will eat the mera mera fruit. I would hate that. Firstly because Blackbeard should remain unique, and secondly because Luffy doesn't need another power. I don't want the other strawhats to eat it either. It would suit Sanji best since he is already associated with fire, but he is also a very good swimmer and it wouldn't be wise to take that away from him. A pirate crew with DF users need good swimmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Also, I love how Law realizes he's being sucked into Luffy's pace. Almost as priceless as tying Chopper to his head.
His face when he realized what just happened was hilarious. Law is becoming a really fun character.
Old 2013-02-27, 08:52   Link #39
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Check the page where Kid's hideout is shown and Apoo is screaming about discovery of their alliance.

And to the skeptics out there, this pretty much 99% confirms that Moria is still alive and is going to make a comeback.
Old 2013-02-27, 09:17   Link #40
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

Chapter and page? Can't find it.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm an idiot. It was this week's chapter, facepalm.
Closed Thread