AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-11-03, 01:05   Link #121
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Part 9 - Sunohara Youhei

I'll reserve a space for sunohara... but his part is soooo long.... I'll post it once I finish it.

BTW, for those that want to view the original KFC files: (since their site is/was down)

http://rapidshare.com/files/67697478/kfc.zip.html

All ownership rights belong to the poster @ KFC...

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2007-11-05 at 16:33.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 01:07   Link #122
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Part 10 - Hiragi Kapei

Spoiler for Spoiler - Hiragi Kappei ... + ??:

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2007-11-03 at 01:27.
Old 2007-11-03, 01:27   Link #123
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Part 11 - Toshio Komura

The last part of the school section, our well loved Komura-sensei...

Spoiler for Toshio Komura - Story Spoilers:

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2007-11-03 at 01:39.
Old 2007-11-03, 13:16   Link #124
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Oh neat, luckily our eMpTy265 saved a copy of the topic! Thank you!
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:21   Link #125
CrisisDarkerXIV

Uh, can someone explain to me about the robot and the girl in the beginning of most of the episodes? Is the robot supposed to be Tomoya or something?
CrisisDarkerXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 21:36   Link #126
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

C&P from post #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadragon
The answer is no. Any slight information on the phantasm world will result in major spoiler. You can pm me if you want to be spoiled, but that will be the point of no-return for your life.
Scientific studies say that searching for your answer in the previous posts before making a new one is also equivalent to 20% of your daily requirement of Vitamin E!
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 03:53   Link #127
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

It's just as ProtoMan says. Feel free to pm me, I'm more than happy to spoil anyone if there is anyone who's happy about being spoiled.
Old 2007-11-06, 00:47   Link #128
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Does anyone know if KyoAni originally animate Clannad in HD format or not?

Some of you mention about possible HD broadcast later, but is it going to be crop from 4:3 or is it going to be the original? More importantly, when is the HD version going to come out?

I've watched a couple episodes so far. If the HD version is going to come out soon, i'll hold back. I couldn't tell what, but i've a feeling that the picture doesn't show right in the current 4:3 broadcast.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 08:35   Link #129
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
Does anyone know if KyoAni originally animate Clannad in HD format or not?

Some of you mention about possible HD broadcast later, but is it going to be crop from 4:3 or is it going to be the original? More importantly, when is the HD version going to come out?

I've watched a couple episodes so far. If the HD version is going to come out soon, i'll hold back. I couldn't tell what, but i've a feeling that the picture doesn't show right in the current 4:3 broadcast.
It should be on the first page of this FAQ that the HD release is displayed. If not the second page.
HD of episode 2 is already out.
Old 2007-11-08, 04:00   Link #130
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
It should be on the first page of this FAQ that the HD release is displayed. If not the second page.
Thanks, sorry that i didn't notice it earlier. I'm going to check it out soon.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 04:18   Link #131
Johnnny
Two Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if it's possible to get the entire game dialogue(basically all the words that come out in the box) in it's original Japanese form?

I've got the game but translating the kanji using SME drawing pad gets tiresome.

Asking for links to the game download is illegal I know but I already have the game but just need the dialogues to make translation easier.... I'm not too sure of the legalities involved in that.

So.... if this isn't illegal that is, then any kind directions to such material is much appreciated.
Johnnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 08:37   Link #132
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if it's possible to get the entire game dialogue(basically all the words that come out in the box) in it's original Japanese form?

I've got the game but translating the kanji using SME drawing pad gets tiresome.

Asking for links to the game download is illegal I know but I already have the game but just need the dialogues to make translation easier.... I'm not too sure of the legalities involved in that.

So.... if this isn't illegal that is, then any kind directions to such material is much appreciated.
There's a link in here:
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...?title=Clannad

Look for the file 'Story content files (UPDATED 2/13/2007) (1.00 MB)'
Old 2007-11-09, 22:49   Link #133
Johnnny
Two Thumbs Up

Ohh nice, this will speed my reading process up by quite a bit.

Thanks a lot iamandragon.
Johnnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 00:44   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Is anyone doing a Wide Screen release outside of Sprocket and co.? A couple of subbers are putting out 1024x768 but they don't appear to be the wide-screen version.
(sorry, I just like seeing the whole screen, so to speak)
Old 2007-11-11, 05:03   Link #135
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Is anyone doing a Wide Screen release outside of Sprocket and co.? A couple of subbers are putting out 1024x768 but they don't appear to be the wide-screen version.
The answer is yes. Question answered : P
Please note that talks on fansub groups are dis-allowed so I can't tell you who. But make a search for CLANNAD on anidb.net you'll probably get some information there. (or even faster, just mail me and I can tell you in secret)

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-11-11 at 05:47.
Old 2007-11-11, 13:19   Link #136
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Please note that talks on fansub groups are dis-allowed so I can't tell you who. But make a search for CLANNAD on anidb.net you'll probably get some information there. (or even faster, just mail me and I can tell you in secret)
No... the series isn't licensed, and it isn't produced by MFI, so we're allowed to talk about fansub groups and fansubs. If it's listed on the AnimeSuki site, we can talk about it. However, even if it were licensed/MFI, I don't think that telling people where to search or offering an answer by PM would solve the problem. If it were against the rules, those would be too...

Anyway, to answer Vexx's question: yes, SS-Eclipse is also doing an Widescreen version (both 704x400 XviD and 1024x576 H.264), and a.f.k's release is Widescreen to begin with. All listed on the series page.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 16:49   Link #137
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
A little rundown of the widescreen Clannad releases for those following along:

SS-Eclipse:
- 1024x576 h264 softsub MKV and 704x400 XviD hardsub AVI
- Releases so far have appeared between Saturday and Sunday afternoon, American time.

TWH/Sprocket
- 1024x576 h264 softsub MKV and 704x400 XviD hardsub AVI
- The softsub still has the non-commercial release and game project notifications hardsubbed at the very beginning of each episode.
- Even in the softsub, credit translations are hardsubbed in English over a clean version of the OP and ED.
- Releases so far have appeared Sunday afternoon, American time.

a.f.k.
- 704x400 XviD hardsub AVI
- Credit translations are hardsubbed in English over a clean version of the OP and ED.
- Releases so far whenever they feel like. Gotta problem with that? Edit: Looking back, it looks like they've been releasing between Saturday and Sunday afternoon--yes, American time--too.

Personally, I'm following the TWH/Sprocket releases. In my opinion, they absolutely have the best subs thus far out of the regularly releasing groups that use softsubs. I would severely prefer the original credits and for the opening notes to be soft-subbed, but thus far their subtitles have been superior enough to overcome my aversion to those. I try to keep subtitles turned off after a first viewing, but I'd also rather not froth at the mouth upon seeing needlessly strange translations.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.

Last edited by Kyuusai; 2007-11-11 at 18:22.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 02:41   Link #138
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Actually, from what has been said elsewhere, the widescreen version of the series is actually NOT HD, but have been upscaled from an SD original. So while the picture quality is still pretty decent, it's not on par with actual HD in terms of detail level and crispness.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 09:34   Link #139
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Actually, from what has been said elsewhere, the widescreen version of the series is actually NOT HD, but have been upscaled from an SD original. So while the picture quality is still pretty decent, it's not on par with actual HD in terms of detail level and crispness.

--Ian.
Oh, I thought HD means widescreen? So what does HD and SD means?
Old 2007-11-12, 10:40   Link #140
velocity7

Well, there's your Wikipedia articles if you want, but SD generally refers to 480i/p while HD refers to the 720p and 1080i/p standards. It's not clear whether or not CLANNAD was animated in HD or not, but at the moment, the current airing uses SD and has an upscale that BS-i uses to maintain an "HD" broadcast, albeit not native.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standar...ion_television
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television