AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Old 2009-01-11, 17:51   Link #61
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

After Asu no Yoichi , here another great anime with a good main character who he is not weak yeah !!
Wow there are a lot of characters , amazing ! Good action more and more ! We have pratically all different character is awesome ^^ I will follow this anime ! (its look like a RPG game ) Well , it was Layfon past i think and now he is in a school ! He already got a girlfriend ! Omg Harley , his voice not fit him !(his style too )
Wait for the next ep !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 18:17   Link #62
TrueKnight

Well that was a decent 1st ep. Good pack of actions againts the alien bugs.

Judging from the events, seems like Layfon was once a badass monster-hunter (or at least his younger day was) but because some reason he had to leave the Regious Grendan. And had a girlfriend to boot? lol.

Now when he transfers to the new Academy Town Zenri he took General Affairs but somehow manage to look badass saving the black haired girl so he ended up being recruited to the Military Department lol.

Not to mention from the first ep, he also already made the black haired girl going all smooch over him, there's also a potential love interest from the squad captain and the white-haired loli.

So far ep 1 looks promising.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 18:30   Link #63
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Depends on the circumstances but,
Spoiler for Leifon's predicament in ep01:
Wait wasent the Student council President on the little vehicle that was saved in the begining and in the end, and he witnessed the fight between those three and huge bug thing?

That might be the reason why he recognized him, because saved his life one time.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 21:16   Link #64
NakedAngelX

Too many shit happened in the first episode. Am very confused. Too many characters and events, and that dream of Layfon's.

Hope they clear things up quick and can move on with the series smoothly.
Old 2009-01-11, 22:25   Link #65
Boduar

Um is it just me or was the vehicle a bait to lure the bug/mutant away from the main ship lol?
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 03:07   Link #66
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I'm surprised this thread progresses slowly compared to the other winter anime thread.From what i could see in the first episode..the storyline was good,the characters were attractive,and the actions of course,packed and solid,totally gave me no room for my eyes to look to the other place,other than my lappy monitor.

Not sure if i should be glad that there's no surprise element occur in the first episode,unlike Ga-Rei Zero first episode..but looking at how the story moved,i guess episode 1 CSR don't need any of that.

Layfon surely was interesting...a man which has the same resemblance as him appeared during the early part of the story with a few strong guys trying to take down a monster,and it happened outside the city which i believed to be the same city where Layfon was currently studying now.I'm not quite sure what actually happened here but like someone said,this probably could be caused by 2 different timelines.That,or Layfon has a secret not mentioned yet in the series?Interesting enough to keep me stick to this series.

Other characters were good too.Nina and her platoon 17 members,including the girl who has the telepathy ability (and her bro is the student council president)..seems like each character has an ability unique to their own,other than those "restoration" ability.Animation quality?Need i mention in here?At least i believe this series wouldn't have to suffer bad comments about this series having a poor and collapsing animation quality,unlike Akikan and MK-Okaeri.

Overall,i give it 9/10 for first episode.Less 1 point becoz of that chibi half dead Layfon inside the student council president room,kinda ruining the seriousness of the series.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 04:29   Link #67
iceyfw

first episode did not confuse me at all and left quite a strong impression on me. we have a male protagonist who is already strong in terms of combat fighting and we saw what he is capable of through the flashbacks. badass moments for him to come? and the bgm music during the fighting didn't seem to suit it at all to me. it was rather annoying the second time around. i hope that changes.

the tone of the story seems to be quite serious and we are introduced a fair bit of new characters which is hard for some people to catch them all. of course i have a few questions as well like the rest of you from what we're shown so far. the biggest one would be what did he do when he was younger to make him reconsider starting his life over? oh, lol @ black bags under leyfon's eyes in episode 2.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 08:13   Link #68
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Some thoughts to the episode:

1) Heaven-Blade: Seems to be some kind of extremely strong platoon or unit that only the best can enter. Layfon was once a member and maybe still is one.

2) White-haired loli (<3) and student council president = siblings ;_;
2.1) Loli is able to use telepathy as well as the old woman we see during the bug fight.
2.2) Super cute loli shouting in a hole and just being cute.
2.3) Student council president actually asked those students to start a fight in front of the other students. It might be possible that they actually endangered black-haired girl on purpose as well.
2.4) 3rd student who was not present at the fight. Is the one who quitted 17th platoon a while before. May become important later on.
2.5) Angsty white-haired guy in the bus. Student council president? Though his appearance has changed quite a lot while Layfon seems more or less the same. A bit taller maybe.

3) Reporter-girl raising her moe level by 9000 with having her hair open.
3.1) Black-haired girl looks nice when smiling and blushing.

4) Bugs with superfast REGENERATION. Friggin awesome. I hope following monsters will be on the same level of awesomeness.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2009-01-12 at 08:45.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 08:43   Link #69
Loki.Nya
Village Idiot

Wow, the music when they were fighting must have been the worst I've heard in quite a while!
Loki.Nya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 10:26   Link #70
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
My anime diet has been lacking a good shounen and i mean GOOD since D. Gray-man so im looking forward to Chrome Shelled Regios. The promo had enough for me to add it to my list. Haven t seen the first episode yet going to have to make an attempt later this week. But seeing some post in here looks like the first episode was received well.
Old 2009-01-12, 13:17   Link #71
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

When i was watching this series, i had a sense of Deja Vu cause it reminded me of something i read before.

It turns out it reminded me of this webcomic series, Direction of Destiny.
http://directionsofdestiny.com/

Their plots maybe different but they have the same premise and settings (In the future, students who use weapons and magic, a student's family that controls the school etc) that i'm starting to think this isn't a coincidence.
Old 2009-01-12, 14:14   Link #72
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Pratically all the anime are alike so its like that .

NakedAngelX ==> It's the first episode lol its normal if you can't understand the story yet ..... in one episode they can't introduce all character omg and developed .....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 15:29   Link #73
iceyfw

it looks like ZEXCS made a mistake on an animation. nina's little flashback shows layfon/lei-fon taking off his coat when rescuing meishen yet he had his coat on the whole time

i was also looking at the manga chapters scanlated and i like how the anime portrays him differently as a serious guy so far. in the manga Missing Mail lets just say he is a bit more carefree. btw is his name spell lei-fon or layfon?

Last edited by iceyfw; 2009-01-12 at 16:13.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 17:11   Link #74
SkoolRumble4Ya

Great action and funny episode looking forward to more.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 17:12   Link #75
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Great action and funny episode looking forward to more.
Ya despite all the confusion in the episode it still was enjoyable.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 01:17   Link #76
LemonMunchies

It was a good first episode, but the music during the fight scenes were soooooo annoying. . . >_>
LemonMunchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 03:53   Link #77
Boduar

This is and Druaga are probably going to be the only 2 anime this season that im going to be waiting on each week for the new episodes to come out. I always like when the character starts off strong but doesnt feel like using it.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 07:15   Link #78
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki.Nya View Post
Wow, the music when they were fighting must have been the worst I've heard in quite a while!
Sounds like it came out of Beatmania.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 08:16   Link #79
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I liked the first episode it reminds me a lot of The Third. By the way this show is by ZEXCS? ZEXCS as in dull ren-ai adaptions and blatant fanservice?

Interesting ... I'll stick with it for now, since except the parody of Marimite, there's isn't anything really exciting until now.

On another note, who dug up all these techno BGM crap?!?!?

Last edited by Malkuth; 2009-01-13 at 08:53. Reason: to add a comment on the BGM
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 09:49   Link #80
UPR

loved ep 1.

what day exactly does the rest of the ep come out?

Tags
fantasy, shounen