AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 14:13   Link #381
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Doesn't deserve? You're insane. Yuki's amazing.
You got it backwards.

In my humble opinion, Kyon doesn't deserve the honor of being with the Divine Grace and Beauty that is the Great Goddess Nagato Yuki.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-09, 14:19   Link #382
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sigh..very much like the Star Wars "levels of canon" debates....

As for shipping and everything else, we have the writer: Tanigawa and Ultra Director Haruhi pulling the strings.
Old 2009-08-09, 14:21   Link #383
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
The only one the majority of people seem to doubt will do that is Koizumi. Of course, I'm of the opinion that he's probably the most likely to unite with Haruhi and Kyon.
It would be a huge mindscrew if Mikuru was the one that betrays everyone! O_o

I agree with Koizumi... although I suspect that he might do something that may initially appear as a betrayal but will later found out to be quite the opposite.
Old 2009-08-09, 14:24   Link #384
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

In all fairness, a good deal of the suspicion people have placed on Koizumi is due to the fact that a: Kyon simply doesn't like him and places him in a negative light as a result, and 2: They're confusing him with Kaworu from Eva.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-09, 14:25   Link #385
User89254
Disabled By Request

As Akai and I say, "Kyon's a bastard, but he's a good bastard."

But Nagato is a goddess, I agree.

Anyway, who wins? Sasaki or Haruhi? (I want Haruhi, but Sasaki's probably gonna win)
Old 2009-08-09, 14:27   Link #386
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
As for shipping and everything else, we have the writer: Tanigawa and Ultra Director Haruhi pulling the strings.
*Sighs*? Isn't that the next story in the timeline? Mi-mi-mirakuru Mikurun-run~!

Wouldn't it be funny though if, at the end of it all, Kyon just... walks away. After making sure that Haruhi has changed enough that she won't unconsciously make trouble for the world AND weaned of her attentions, but walks away after graduating and finds a quiet corner of Japan without Haruhi or ANY of the SOS-dan in it, where he can write his memoirs... Wouldn't that sink a lot of ships, haha.

Quote:
Since it is two timelines, probably both will win.
We'll see what Slider-tan's intervention will bring though. I still favor the timeline with the SOS-dan freshmen, as it's bound to be full of glorious misunderstandings.
Old 2009-08-09, 14:27   Link #387
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Old 2009-08-09, 14:35   Link #388
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Two timelines in a series that makes it a point that time doesn't work that way generally means one is doomed to have a Bad End.
Old 2009-08-09, 14:36   Link #389
User89254
Disabled By Request

On FF.net, there's a fanfic called "The Death of Haruhi Suzumiya" (no, she doesn't actually die). In that one, Kyon goes to an alternate Japan and writes ten novels entitled Suzumiya Haruhi. xD
Old 2009-08-09, 14:37   Link #390
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Kind of hard for that to happen, as one timeline HAS to be the right one, else Mikuru's babble about the future won't ever come to pass. The argument works though when we're talking about parallel UNIVERSES instead of timelines.

Quote:
Two timelines in a series that makes it a point that time doesn't work that way generally means one is doomed to have a Bad End.
Schrodinger's Slider-tan?
Old 2009-08-09, 14:48   Link #391
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
On FF.net, there's a fanfic called "The Death of Haruhi Suzumiya" (no, she doesn't actually die). In that one, Kyon goes to an alternate Japan and writes ten novels entitled Suzumiya Haruhi. xD
Well, since it's been speculated(and all but confirmed) that Kyon is Tanigawa... that person might be onto something.
Old 2009-08-09, 15:28   Link #392
User89254
Disabled By Request

Tanigawa said he never intended Kyon's name to be a mystery; he just wanted people to call him by that funny name. And so we probably won't learn it.
Old 2009-08-09, 15:37   Link #393
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
only one novel left
WHERE do you people keep getting this from? We've never heard anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Yes. What I meant was that we should consider anime-LIS as a retcon if it is confirmed that Tanigawa had a hand on episode planning. As with the case with multiple authors, any work that the original author/lorecrafter blesses as canon will be part of canon.
Adaptation =/= the canon of the original.

Any believe otherwise is just stupid. Unless Tanigawa comes out and SAYS the anime is the definitive version, we use the novel's version of the stories when coming up with theories.

Quote:
Wow, the more I read into this the more I see desperate attempts to keep Yuki and Kyon separate and Haruhi and Kyon together. Please cut the fangirlism.
Disappearance. That is all.

Quote:
By the way, the new spinoff manga, Nagato Yuki-chan, was actually written by Tanigawa (the manga is a blatant YukiKyon if anyone hasn't noticed)...
...I'm not sure if it's actually by Tanigawa. His name is on the title page, but I don't know if that says "author" or "original creator" next to it.

In any case it's set in a Disappearance alterverse where Kyon has no memory of the original universe... You notice that, when he did, he became rather obsessed with getting Haruhi back.

And besides, technically it's AlterYukixKyon. That Yuki is nothing like the Yuki we all know and hate love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Schrodinger's Slider-tan?
Beta seems more doomed to me. Kyon is finding out things he shouldn't be finding out yet.

Quote:
Tanigawa said he never intended Kyon's name to be a mystery; he just wanted people to call him by that funny name. And so we probably won't learn it.
Tanigawa has said he'll reveal it eventually, and it won't be a last-minute thing... something else that convinces me it won't end with Vol. 10.
Old 2009-08-09, 15:44   Link #394
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Disappearance. That is all.
... Was that to support KyonxHaruhi or KyonxYuki?
Old 2009-08-09, 15:44   Link #395
User89254
Disabled By Request

Disappearance is a haven for YukiKyon fans as well. Also, Kyon wanting Haruhi back could (I didn't say should) be taken at a practical level; he did know she once had powers.

But I did say cut out the shipping.

Tanigawa confirmed there would be 10 novels, wouldn't there? So maybe it'll be revealed at the beginning of n.10, you never know.

In most Yuki-chan statistics, Tanigawa is put as the writer; he's definitely involved somehow.

Anyway, I just had this appalling image of Haruhi disappearing and being replaced by...Konata...
Old 2009-08-09, 15:45   Link #396
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Anyway, I just had this appalling image of Haruhi disappearing and being replaced by...Konata...
... How would things be different?
Old 2009-08-09, 15:48   Link #397
User89254
Disabled By Request

Um, Konata would be subdued? xD

Anyway, I wonder if alpha/beta will merge...and I am just going to take the Akai theory and say nobody's getting together...
Old 2009-08-09, 15:52   Link #398
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
... Was that to support KyonxHaruhi or KyonxYuki?
HaruKyon... the book isn't even really about Yuki, anyway.

It's a Kyon story.

Quote:
Disappearance is a haven for YukiKyon fans as well. Also, Kyon wanting Haruhi back could (I didn't say should) be taken at a practical level; he did know she once had powers.
You need to read that book again... note Kyon's insane, over-the-top reaction when he finds out Haruhi still exists, and how incredibly happy he is to see her again.

Quote:
Tanigawa confirmed there would be 10 novels, wouldn't there? So maybe it'll be revealed at the beginning of n.10, you never know.
...Where did you get this information? None of us have ever heard of it.

If it's from a website called "Lucky Star Brigade", it's 100% fake.

Quote:
In most Yuki-chan statistics, Tanigawa is put as the writer; he's definitely involved somehow.
I see Puyo listed as the writer on all the sites I've been to. Where are you looking?
Old 2009-08-09, 15:58   Link #399
User89254
Disabled By Request

Most fans concentrate on Yuki choosing Kyon to make the decision, and Yuki keeping Kyon's memories, and Yuki making her other self still have a memory of Kyon, and of course Kyon's "trump card".

It's common knowledge about this, and no, I would never use a site like that for my source.

Puyo is the illustrator, Tanigawa is the writer (sort of like Pocket Travelers, Yoshimizu did the script but not the drawing). I'm using Baka-Updates and MangaHelper and a few other sites I can't recall right now.
Old 2009-08-09, 16:03   Link #400
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Kanji used for what Tanigawa is credited for means "Original Work"
Closed Thread