AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-14, 00:57   Link #1941
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
But then it would be one of the most repititive flip flops until now.

@Flere: And the Remnant Arc wasn't because Kuroko went overboard with her job as Judgment.
In a word yes. She decided to pursue a case of thief (and possible trespassing to the city) when it was already outside the scope of what Judgment was supposed to deal, she says so herself in the novel.
Old 2011-06-14, 01:09   Link #1942
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think Kuroko did went overboard in her job as Judgment in Volume 8.
Take note that she's just assigned herself the task of taking out the men-in-suits and retrieving the Remnant, but after her first encounter with Awaki, things get personal, especially with Mikoto and the Level 6 Shift experiment involved in the case.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-14, 01:33   Link #1943
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Take note that she's just assigned herself the task of taking out the men-in-suits and retrieving the Remnant, but after her first encounter with Awaki, things get personal, especially with Mikoto and the Level 6 Shift experiment involved in the case.
Chasing down the suits already outdid what Judgment was supposed to do about that (it involved outsiders and industrial theft), Uiharu pointed out that they were better of handling everything to Anti-Skill but Kuroko say that she wanted to do it.
Old 2011-06-14, 11:32   Link #1944
Shadow5YA

I'm not sure what to think of this arc with Misaki, since Mikoto's rivalry with her doesn't end until much, much later when she finds out about Touma's memory loss.
Old 2011-06-14, 13:51   Link #1945
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Why would that be a problem? In addition to the Aztec magician, there's a real Unabara with a crush on Mikoto. That's all it means. (Sure, he was hospitalized the day of the false date, but it wasn't anything serious.)
But the Unabara was offering to take her to something involving Aztecs, which I figured was for-shadowing.

I guess we will just have to wait to really find out if it' s going to be his arc or not.

Mabye if they do do it they will do it from Kuroko's perspective (I want to see more of her reaction to the date)
Old 2011-06-14, 13:58   Link #1946
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Or maybe Etzali again put Unabara mask on in order to to flirt with Mikoto.
Old 2011-06-14, 20:14   Link #1947
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Or maybe Etzali again put Unabara mask on in order to to flirt with Mikoto.
That option is more posible since Etzali had Unabara's face until Vol. 19.
Old 2011-06-14, 22:06   Link #1948
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
My reasoning is that after Kuroko made it personal it wasn't about work anymore, so it wasn't refering to Vol8. Overboard? Yes. On the job? No.

But anyway, am I the ONLY one here who thinks Kuroko isn't as all-capable as a member of Judgment? That it's POSSIBLE that she can be hurt in a DIFFERENT incident that isn't the one by Awaki? I just don't find it likely Kuroko can only be hurt by Awaki on the job. Maybe a accident or something?
Old 2011-06-14, 22:40   Link #1949
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
But anyway, am I the ONLY one here who thinks Kuroko isn't as all-capable as a member of Judgment? That it's POSSIBLE that she can be hurt in a DIFFERENT incident that isn't the one by Awaki? I just don't find it likely Kuroko can only be hurt by Awaki on the job. Maybe a accident or something?
Unless I see specific evidence that Kuroko is in the hospital because of the Awaki incident, I'm not going to just decide it as such. I'm with you on this. Also, Mikoto's actions seem to indicate that this was before the "Unabara" incident, where Touma made that promise. I don't think either Mikoto or "Unabara" would try meeting each other after knowing that "Unabara" uses magic.
Old 2011-06-15, 00:14   Link #1950
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
My reasoning is that after Kuroko made it personal it wasn't about work anymore, so it wasn't refering to Vol8. Overboard? Yes. On the job? No.
Do you seriously believe Mikoto's going to go into details for that? To a relative stranger, to boot?

Quote:
But anyway, am I the ONLY one here who thinks Kuroko isn't as all-capable as a member of Judgment?
... Yes? (She does have a tendency to bite off too much, so she could get hurt, but: )

Quote:
That it's POSSIBLE that she can be hurt in a DIFFERENT incident that isn't the one by Awaki? I just don't find it likely Kuroko can only be hurt by Awaki on the job. Maybe a accident or something?
The problem is the timeline. Chapter 40 coincides with volume 8's prologue. She fought Awaki the very same day. So chapter 41's after that. So for chapter 41's injury to be caused by another accident, she'd need to get out of the hospital and get hurt again. Possible, but not likely.
Old 2011-06-15, 00:44   Link #1951
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The problem is the timeline. Chapter 40 coincides with volume 8's prologue. She fought Awaki the very same day. So chapter 41's after that. So for chapter 41's injury to be caused by another accident, she'd need to get out of the hospital and get hurt again. Possible, but not likely.
Yes, I admit that Chapter 40 does coincide with the prologue, but I find the interaction between Unabara and Mikoto to be quite unnatural. Not sure if either Unabara or Etzali would want to approach Mikoto after the August 31st incident. Of course, there could have been a major time skip between the scene where Mitsuko declares her intention to form a clique and the ability test. However, it feels a bit unnatural from how I see it.
Old 2011-06-15, 03:01   Link #1952
Ashaman

I'm pretty sure there was a time skip.

Yeah, Chap 40, page 20 and 25:

On page 20 Kongo and Misaka go to a store which turns out to be closed "Because it's the middle of summer"

On 25, there is a break which has the tag "New Term"

So no, it doesn't outright say there is a time skip, but it implies it.

Huh, I just realized that on pages 29-30 it shows The Queen

Last edited by Ashaman; 2011-06-15 at 03:17.
Old 2011-06-15, 04:13   Link #1953
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Wait a second.
If ch.40 starts on August 28~30 and elapsed to September 10~14 in the end, we'll have absolutely no discrepancy.
There could be a big time elapsed after the two girls said good bye on the street.
Old 2011-06-15, 08:29   Link #1954
Shadow5YA

It would make sense for there to be a timeskip, simply to give Kongou some time to get used to her new school. It would also mean that there is no discrepancy, as shmaster said.

However, that also means that we unfortunately don't get to see more Mikoto's reactions during and after her fake date with Touma.
Old 2011-06-15, 14:14   Link #1955
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Yes, I admit that Chapter 40 does coincide with the prologue, but I find the interaction between Unabara and Mikoto to be quite unnatural. Not sure if either Unabara or Etzali would want to approach Mikoto after the August 31st incident. Of course, there could have been a major time skip between the scene where Mitsuko declares her intention to form a clique and the ability test. However, it feels a bit unnatural from how I see it.
Ashaman's right. The first part of Chap 40 (where Kongou and Mikoto meet) was before the false date (which was the last day of summer break. chap 40 started sometime before that). The ability testing was a few days after that. (Could be weeks. Could be two days after.)
Old 2011-06-15, 14:52   Link #1956
Ashaman

Apparently ability test was 14th, so just over two week
Old 2011-06-16, 16:43   Link #1957
miketyson

Just want to point out in case it's been missed that Mikoto is wearing the flower hairclip in the manga as of chapter 41 (I think also during the ability test segment near the end of 40 but I'm not going to go back and confirm that), which chronologically puts at least 41 after the fake date incident.

Between that and Kuroko's injuries it's very likely that we've skipped past well past the fake date era and are now probably somewhere after the Remnant arc but before the Daihaseisai arc.

It's hard to know for sure b/c it's not clear where the story is going to go with Misaki. Chapter 41 doesn't end with a strong "to be continued" feeling, but neither did 40.

For that matter: it's kinda implausible that Konguo wouldn't have figured out that Mikoto != Unabara over that length of time, but no big deal really.
Old 2011-06-16, 20:59   Link #1958
Stabman
Level 3 Instigator

^Well, I guess that confirms it then; the end of ch 40 serves as a nice little time skip to after Remnant.
Old 2011-06-24, 09:34   Link #1959
kevin93

Chap. 42 pics
Spoiler for railgun 42:
Old 2011-06-24, 09:43   Link #1960
tsunade666

^ braided saten banzai!!!!

Tags
fantasy, shounen