AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-15, 01:25   Link #61
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The rooftop scene was in the manga. The difference is that they added all those other first years.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 01:50   Link #62
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Meganeko Riko

I hope we get more of that in later episodes!!

Really a fun episode full of epic moments. Taiga was beast for climbing up the edge and miraculously not falling over!
Old 2012-04-15, 02:53   Link #63
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This season is just too deep. I'm exhausted.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 02:58   Link #64
leokiko

^ LOL.

Just wait for the crazy Jump-like power ups. That will be mega deep.

The main reason I'm watching this is to see those animated. Gotta love Jump lol.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 03:00   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, but I'm talking deep in good shows - of which this is just one of too, too many. When DEEN and Hoods have great series airing, you know you're in trouble.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 08:59   Link #66
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
^ LOL.

Just wait for the crazy Jump-like power ups. That will be mega deep.

The main reason I'm watching this is to see those animated. Gotta love Jump lol.
Well, as long as things don't become like POT. I was still ok with Eyeshield's.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 11:28   Link #67
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

End card so darn cute. The show should put more time of those two together. <3

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:28   Link #68
ookamigirl

Kagami is hot head in a hurry to become the best.
They sure got lectured at the rooftop LOL
Kuroko sure is a phantom...
Kise's sudden appearance was surprising.
Interesting episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 18:03   Link #69
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Well, as long as things don't become like POT. I was still ok with Eyeshield's.
It definitely won't get to PoT levels. Maybe at best Eyeshield 21 but nothing more ridiculous than that I think. Anyway, the OST is really endearing, love it.
Old 2012-04-16, 16:18   Link #70
chaos_animagic

I still love how Kuroko pops out of no where (he's scaring the jibbies out of poor Riko and Kagami)

So... who started to get interested in "hobbies" so they can get a girl (boy) friend? LOL...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 17:33   Link #71
kitten320

There still must be some boundaries. If he was a ninja, I would not complain.
But here he is a normal human who just disappears all of a sudden, that looks stupid. How on earth can you not see him when he is already sitting at the table that Taiga approaches, especially second time. Or how someone with no physical abilities disappears under someones nose in the middle of an empty hall? There is no way he had ran off right under someone's nose, his abilities would not allow him to do that.
I really would prefer if someone were to reveal that Kuroko had ninjas as ancestors. Otherwise it's just stupid, especially for sport show.

True, coach's ability is unbelievable too but somehow it doesn't tick you off. After all muscle structure does can tell a lot. If someone has no muscle structure at all, it is obviuse that the person is not the most athletic one.
Old 2012-04-16, 17:40   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... You do know ninjas were supposed to be human beings too, right?
Old 2012-04-16, 17:42   Link #73
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
There still must be some boundaries. If he was a ninja, I would not complain.
Again,this is is shonen jump,he might as well be a ninja.
Old 2012-04-16, 17:55   Link #74
kitten320

At least ninjas disappearing is less random since they are trained assassins who are skilled in sneaking and are fast.
Old 2012-04-16, 18:14   Link #75
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What has their training got to do with their descendants? (Also, ninja superpowers? All myth. No more realistic than James Bond.)

Kuroko's an exaggerated version of the wallflower. A discreet, easily overlooked person. And he's not the first in manga.
Old 2012-04-16, 18:27   Link #76
kitten320

Kuroko has no physical abilities what so ever. Lets' take hall scene as an example, how and where did Kuroko disappear to in an empty corridor? Ran for it? Impossible because he is slow.

Ninjas are fast so if it was a ninja in his place, disappearance wouldn't be that random because they can run fast.

I don't know about other easily over looked people but Kuroko is doing it poorly.
There are easily missed people in real life but they don't just disparate in thin air if you keep an eye on them. If Kuroko was fast, I could buy it. Even with having an eye on the person, with fast speed you can get out of watching area at least for a second what is enough for a surprise. Kuroko is slow. A person with no skills can't do what he does.

Let's also look at Area no Kishi series that are not the best either. There were few shots where Kakeru jumped in front of the gates without anyone noticing. However, once the enemy kept an eye on him, he did not disappear. They were able to mark him. And Kakeru had good physical abilities.
While here they can't keep an eyes on slow person.
I don't mind his super passes, those are totally fine by me. But the way his lack of presence was brought into this is weak.
Old 2012-04-16, 18:31   Link #77
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who played bball when young, and still follow the NBA till now, I personally think Kuroko's 'power' is ludicrous. I mean, there's only 10 people on the floor, so it ain't hard to keep track of them.

But for the sake of story? I can suspend my disbelief on that, as they don't try to justify the existence or explain how his method works.

Compare this to say, that soccer show where the main protagonist gains the ability and even some of the memories of the donor of his heart, with the donor even 'communicating' to the protagonist through it. And they had the nerve to actually say it's scientifically justifiable? Yeah, almost dropped that series right then and there.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 18:35   Link #78
kitten320

^Yeh, they did over stretch it there. Thankfully Suguru mode switches on rarely.
But at least he was good before the heart transplant too.

And yeh, that was exactly my point. I can over look things like that if there is at least some kind of logic. So far I see none and it bugs me.
Old 2012-04-17, 03:06   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Kuroko has no physical abilities what so ever. Lets' take hall scene as an example, how and where did Kuroko disappear to in an empty corridor?
The library that was a step away?

Quote:
Ran for it? Impossible because he is slow.

Ninjas are fast so if it was a ninja in his place, disappearance wouldn't be that random because they can run fast.
I think you overestimate the power of speed. Especially since a sprinter attracts attention, which is the opposite of what Kuroko does.

Of course it's unrealistic. But here is the thing - so are ninjas, as you're trying to portray them.
Old 2012-04-17, 03:42   Link #80
brocko

For the sake of conversation, speed can overpower ones attention by being too fast to track. Likewise, slow overlooked movements can help sneak you out of vision and into blind spots too.

If you really must feel that you need to make sense of it, just look at it as exaggeration for effect. Rather than showing Kuroko sneaking off in the midst of a conversation, there's more impact if you make a cut and see that he has disappeared all of a sudden.

Kuroko is just an incredibly sneaky and overlooked person. Either consciously or unconsciously so.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen