AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 19 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-16, 22:39   Link #101
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I totally can.

I wouldn't mind so much if, on that basis, he friendzoned them all. Or even if he denied they had romantic feelings for him.

But to deny to Rika that they're friends? WTH is wrong with him?
I think it all boils down to him being afraid of change, he's comfortable with the way things currently are in the club and so he's doing all he can (whether he notices it or not) to keep things that way.

My question now is, for how much longer does Kodaka think he can keep acting like an idiot? Sooner or later he'll have to confront the issues in the club.

On another note, is it bad that I feel neither pity not contempt for Kodaka because I've acted in a similar way?
Old 2013-03-17, 02:10   Link #102
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The movie Kobato's class made was a million times better than the ones the club made. Kobato herself is a very good actress, especially when you compare her to the likes of Yukimura

Sena's movie was complete nonsense. Can't say I'm surprised.
That's not nonsense, that's called win >__<

Anyone has a source for that Kamiya Yuu illus. of Kobato at the end?
Old 2013-03-17, 02:34   Link #103
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
On another note, is it bad that I feel neither pity not contempt for Kodaka because I've acted in a similar way?
Not really, I can undertsand him, he was firstly in for FRIENDS, that Yozora was Sora all along, that Sena was his fiancée through arranged marriage, that Rika have actually taken interest in him, all of that were just unforeseen developments. And making a move will have unpleasant consequence.
Old 2013-03-17, 03:45   Link #104
Nitial

Reading all these rage about Kodaka is really frustrating.
Picture the scenario where you have never had a single friend for a long time. You keep trying, but you never succeed to make friends.
Then because of some strange coincidence, the life you wanted suddenly fell into your lap.
You find people that don't mind talking to you. You find people that like you as a person. What you've been searching for, miraculously appeared to you.

Now picture that. And picture how insecure you would feel about moving on from the point, about acknowledging that they are friends. Or responding to one of their feelings.

The club would fall apart. The place he finally found, would fall apart instantly, like it never existed to being with.

If you were Kodaka, would you risk it?
Old 2013-03-17, 04:23   Link #105
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

I haven't read all the previous pages, but it seems Kodaka is getting some rage towards his way. Personally, I can definitely understand where he's coming from.

@Anh_Minh, I don't think Kodaka doesn't think they are friends, its just the status quo he wants. With the girls thinking they don't have friends, they keep coming after school hanging out with each other, in essence, being friends with each other. Kodaka probably wants to keep it that way, if he lets it be known they are friends, they will probably try to take it further with him, that's where problems will come up.

I've always had a feeling Kodaka values friendship more than a relationship, and this episode seems to prove it. This guy just wants some friends, and for it to all go to ruin because he chose one of them romantically, it would tear him up inside. But at the same time, straight up rejecting them will also make them distance themselves from him, these are unstable people we are talking about. Status Quo is really the best method at the moment for Kodaka to keep his friends. Well actually, True harem would be the best, but that's probably not possible.

As for Rika, I've been a fan of her since the beginning cause I LOVES me a glasses girl, but the character development was a huge bonus for me this season lol
Old 2013-03-17, 07:46   Link #106
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Picture the scenario where you have never had a single friend for a long time. You keep trying, but you never succeed to make friends.
Then because of some strange coincidence, the life you wanted suddenly fell into your lap.
You find people that don't mind talking to you. You find people that like you as a person. What you've been searching for, miraculously appeared to you.
This might have happened to me, actually.

Being bullied for about six years and being betrayed by one of your first closest friends can hurt a lot. (But I did make a small circle of friends before the end of high school tho.)

Quote:
Now picture that. And picture how insecure you would feel about moving on from the point, about acknowledging that they are friends. Or responding to one of their feelings.

The club would fall apart. The place he finally found, would fall apart instantly, like it never existed to being with.
The moment you feel that you're comfortable talking and being with someone is, albeit shallow, friendship. And you don't need someone to tell you that you're friends with someone. It just *snaps* comes.

Quote:
The problem is, you have to consider the social culture of a particular country. (e.g., the Philippines is known for being open to strangers and being generally warm-hearted fellas, while the Japanese are more "inwards".)

And besides, Kodaka's actions are simply repulsive... disgusting... and cowardly.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-03-17, 08:28   Link #107
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I'm going to have to join the Kodak bashing. I can relate far more with Rika than the Kodak dude because I still go through what Rika goes through. Being the smartest with no equal around, it's a very isolating experience and one of the main reasons why I don't talk about my work or any part of my life relating to that. Sometimes all we can do is sit quietly but there comes a time when staying silent just isn't possible, and I commend Rika for calling Kodak man out on his behavior.

I'll tell you what pisses me off about Kodak man. The fact that he's been acting the dense way he has been, and doing so on purpose, that's the part I don't like. You hurt people far more with being oblivious to their feelings and thoughts instead of being honest. The girls have been far more honest with each other than he has, and currently it's his inability to be honest that is dragging the whole club down.

I don't like the fact that he just brushed off the Sena fiancee thing like a joke without even considering Sena's feelings that time she brought the topic up. I'm sure that time he clearly did that on purpose. He even brushed off Kate, I bet he's even been ignoring Rika's style changes on purpose.

Why? For some status quo? What is this trite, I'm not even asking this guy to choose a girl and be done with it. You're not going to be in school forever. The OP is all about shoving a message in Kodaka's face: they want you to be their friend, even if you're pretending like you're not, because they can bloody well see through that. You don't live for what the club does tomorrow, you live for what the club does right now. All he has to do now is choose the club more than the individual friendship, because the girls will keep trying anyways, so no harm no foul.
Old 2013-03-17, 09:30   Link #108
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Lol, this discussion about Kodaka's actions has helped me greatly to understand the significance of having that normal "other guy" as a best friend to act as a voice of reason and foil to connect the MC to the outside world without being a potential love interest. Examples include Orito in KoreZombie and Kitamura in ToraDora. Of course, the presence of such a person in this context would probably defeat the purpose since the whole point is that Kodaka has never had that friend before.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-03-17, 09:47   Link #109
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Heh, literally anyone who needs to smack his head a bit would be very helpful in Kodaka's addiction to the status quo.

That, or some event beyond his control that would shake the foundations of the Neighbor's Club faster than Kodaka could react.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-03-17, 10:01   Link #110
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So i guess this ending season will be about that they'll finally recognize their friendships after beating about the bush on Kodaka...
Old 2013-03-17, 10:08   Link #111
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitial View Post
Reading all these rage about Kodaka is really frustrating.

This, pretty much sums up how Kodaka probably feels.

@Marcus H.

I know that feel man

@frivolity

I think Rika is already playing the "voice of reason" for Kodaka, or well at least she's trying to.
Old 2013-03-17, 10:12   Link #112
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Yea, I can sense that, but Rika also plays the role of a potential love interest, which makes it a little more difficult for her to be an independent voice since the dynamics are somewhat different. A guy friend would either call him a jackass straight up or collude on a plan to capture all of them

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-03-17, 10:24   Link #113
Raviel

I know, I think the one thing Haganai lacks at the moment (both the LN and anime) is a look into the characters' pasts. It's really hard to understand everyone's issues when we know very little about what they were all like prior to joining the neighbor's club (I don't really count the few bits we've been given as background info).
Old 2013-03-17, 11:51   Link #114
Anime Online

Its rather extreme that Yozora would wish the tragedies of King Lear on someone she doesn't even know. It's one thing to wish such a thing on your worst enemy, but on that student council president? It's impossible to feel any empathy for Yozora when the target of her bitchy behavior is, by her own account, a competent and helpful student.

It's like the anime is purposely putting all these extreme behavior of the characters out there and the audience is supposed to blindly accept it without knowing just what went wrong.
Old 2013-03-17, 12:08   Link #115
Viridian

Wasn't Rika unconscious when she and Kodaka first "met" in that room? Yet she times it to the minute...
Old 2013-03-17, 12:34   Link #116
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

From this episode I gather:

Yozora: The past, nothing is more important to her than her beautified memories of her past.
Kodaka. The present. Nothing is more important for him than the here and now, no matter how fragile, he rather stay in a shack while rain pours outside instead of running towards a more safe place.
Sena. The future. She has no regard for the past or even the present, she is like a fish in the open ocean, always moving forward because she knows the moment she stops moving forward she will sink and die.
Old 2013-03-17, 12:57   Link #117
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
The girls have been far more honest with each other than he has, and currently it's his inability to be honest that is dragging the whole club down.
Their honesty with each other is on a completely different level than him though. Like with Sena and Yozora, they can take jabs from each other because they are learning how to be friends with each other. But at this point, most of the girls don't want to be friends with him anymore, they want more. Even Rika saying what she did was cause she wants more than friendship. Yet she will stay within boundaries because she knows how destructive it will be, so she will purposely stay ignorant just for Kodaka's sake.

Quote:
I don't like the fact that he just brushed off the Sena fiancee thing like a joke without even considering Sena's feelings that time she brought the topic up. I'm sure that time he clearly did that on purpose.
He's not responsible for considering anything imo. They forced a marriage on him without even considering his opinion on the matter, and he's just suppose to accept? Of course Sena likes it cause once again, she's having her way. She's lucky that both her and her father didn't get a "Go to hell" from him, cause they'd definitely deserve it. But he's made it VERY clear that not only he doesn't want the engagement, he doesn't even consider them going out.

Quote:
He even brushed off Kate, I bet he's even been ignoring Rika's style changes on purpose.
With Rika, he's told her straight up that he thinks she's cute, but her personality kills it. Nothing much left to do there, especially since for the most part, she stays the same.

Quote:
they want you to be their friend, even if you're pretending like you're not, because they can bloody well see through that. You don't live for what the club does tomorrow, you live for what the club does right now. All he has to do now is choose the club more than the individual friendship, because the girls will keep trying anyways, so no harm no foul.
I don't think the issue is friendship, he can see that. Kodaka sees that the next step after friendship is in his face, and that's what he doesn't want.

Sena, Rika, Yozora, and even to a small extent Yuki are starting to pressure him with romance and I don't think they are the type to back down since they are unstable people who are pretty inexperienced themselves. Hell, they can't even take the hint that he might not even be interested in them since he ignores their advances everyday. I think the problem is that everyone wants a response to what they want, yet Kodaka gets blamed when he makes moves to assure he gets his...Sena and Yozora gets points for putting pressure on a situation that could potentially boil over, yet Kodaka gets criticized for wanting to keep stable what has made ALL these people a better person for the past few months.

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 2013-03-17 at 13:10.
Old 2013-03-17, 13:07   Link #118
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Gosh Rika is so moe in this episode . I hope Kodaka get things sorted out with the relationships status with other club members.
Old 2013-03-17, 15:26   Link #119
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I've really come to respect and like Rika this season. Once they toned down the overly-ero stuff and gave her more of a personality, she's really turned into something special. She's also been the source of a lot of character development this season and you can really see how hard she's trying to make friends, which is why Kodaka being like his is hurting her. It was nice to see her call him out on it.
Old 2013-03-17, 17:42   Link #120
ellessarr
Banned

maybe i can be too much radical but i still dont get the point of some peoples defending kodaka, for me he still being a coward and selfish, whats the point to make a club about friendship to learn how to make friends and "not make friends" why if their realize who their already being friemds who gonna "sudenndly end" the club???(explain me that logic?), if their realize who their already friends this gonna make the club even better because now their also can try to make friends outside the club

and kodaka denying this is the same who he being hypocrite because what the reason he keep saying who he want have friends if when he already have friends he trying to deny and run.

if him dont want date any girl just sai this, is better than keep then with a hope at bay and making the things going even worse in the future.

about the marriage, ok was forced then why he dont just go and say to senna and pegasus who he dont like senna and dont want marri her?, this turning him in the worst type of harem leader the "coward" harem leader who can't reject neither accept any girils feelings, and faking the "dense" for me this is even worse than just being a "dense" because being a dense means who he just not "true aknowledge the girls feelings or is very bad to deal with this while being a coward, he just prefer run than try to deal.

like i told before, for me was fine while i was believing who he was a dense but like now i know the true who he just a coward\selfish or hypocrite then like i said he dont deserve any girl specially senna who now for me is the most suffering route(for her), because was the girl with the most cool raised flags and now looks like he just "playing" with her feelings, for not reject her and let the things keep going worse with his "fake dense" but just a coward\selfish.

Spoiler for little nl comparassion:

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-03-17 at 20:42.
Closed Thread