AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2011-03-30, 16:08   Link #16121
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Somehow am expecting to see the last pic colored again...
I'm expecting to see a request to recolor her hair Many people hate/dislike the pink hair ECO does. Some even dislike it when Miria's hair is too dark, they want her to be the cannon blonde mentioned in the manga not with the anime's darker tones, let alone pink hair. Though I'm too busy to do it at this very moment, though willing to do so later if people request it. Thanks for the reposts Jean Claymore, I had almost forgotten about that Galatea one (I've got that "Can't touch this " theme running through my head now when I see Claymore Galatea, after that c82over video )

Anyways, another MiriaX pic... this one by spocar

Spoiler for size:
Old 2011-03-30, 17:02   Link #16122
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Spoiler for size:
anime style, nice

edit:

Last edited by haegar; 2011-03-30 at 17:27.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 17:51   Link #16123
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Next time, change the eyebrows more clearly, I could barely tell you did. Nice attempt though

Old 2011-03-30, 17:53   Link #16124
Nixl

Quote:
I'm expecting to see a request to recolor her hair Many people hate/dislike the pink hair ECO does. Some even dislike it when Miria's hair is too dark, they want her to be the cannon blonde mentioned in the manga not with the anime's darker tones, let alone pink hair. Though I'm too busy to do it at this very moment, though willing to do so later if people request it. Thanks for the reposts Jean Claymore, I had almost forgotten about that Galatea one (I've got that "Can't touch this " theme running through my head now when I see Claymore Galatea, after that c82over video )

Spoiler for size:
So is there a reason we are calling her MiriaX and not Scarface?
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 17:58   Link #16125
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Next time, change the eyebrows more clearly, I could barely tell you did. Nice attempt though

er ..that's cause I didn't?!
Old 2011-03-30, 17:59   Link #16126
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
So is there a reason we are calling her MiriaX and not Scarface?
She won't kill fellow warriors (close enough to Rurouni Kenshin) and like him has a scar in the shape of an X but unlike Scarface isn't a total fucking idiot who uses his own product. Plus Scarface never had a scar in the shape of an X. Did I mention that this is an anime/manga fan site and not a movie fansite in general? So the Samurai X reference is more geared to this crowd.
Old 2011-03-30, 18:03   Link #16127
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
er ..that's cause I didn't?!
See what I mean.
Old 2011-03-30, 18:04   Link #16128
haegar
mangaviking

oh and then there was yagi's reference to Bleach

*ducks and runs from the mob*
Old 2011-03-30, 18:07   Link #16129
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
oh and then there was yagi's reference to Bleach

*ducks and runs from the mob*
Maybe it's a sign Kobo took got hold of the chapter right before it's release and trolled it with an ad for his latest arc in Bleach.
Old 2011-03-30, 18:07   Link #16130
Nixl

Quote:
She won't kill fellow warriors (close enough to Rurouni Kenshin) and like him has a scar in the shape of an X but unlike Scarface isn't a total fucking idiot who uses his own product. Plus Scarface never had a scar in the shape of an X. Did I mention that this is an anime/manga fan site and not a movie fansite in general? So the Samurai X reference is more geared to this crowd.
but...but...but, you mean Miria will never have a little friend to show, she will never kill her partner, or get taken down in a viscous cycle of violence T_T
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 18:14   Link #16131
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
but...but...but, you mean Miria will never have a little friend to show, she will never kill her partner, or get taken down in a viscous cycle of violence T_T
She has the same sword as everyone else so there's no point in showing it off, she choose not to kill Tabitha, and Yagi choose to spare her by having the warriors refuse to continue the cycle of violence since Miria didn't kill them. So clearly this will not be like Scarface.

Think of it this way. Her lover Tabitha will die in her arms soon, she then wonder around for years fighting the injustices in the world and accept her new friends, and finally she's die of a blood infection when she gets old... oh wait... she can't get old so therefore she won't die.
Old 2011-03-30, 18:36   Link #16132
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Think of it this way. Her lover Tabitha will die in her arms soon
Ah finally, a purpose for Tabitha. I was already starting to think she was around just for the shipping.

Quote:
she then wonder around for years fighting the injustices in the world and accept her new friends, and finally she's die of a blood infection when she gets old... oh wait... she can't get old so therefore she won't die.
Not getting old doesn't mean she won't die for natural causes. As far as we know, Claymorization or Awakening just grant longer youth, not necessarely eternal life. Even Isley, Rigardo and Dauf were 70/80 years old at best so, they are no proof. People died young because of sickness in the middle ages and since Awakened Beings can't get sick...
My point is that Claymore and ABs migth be like Sayans. They have a lifspan similar to humans but they age much slower.
Old 2011-03-30, 19:21   Link #16133
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 21:12   Link #16134
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Ah finally, a purpose for Tabitha. I was already starting to think she was around just for the shipping.

Not getting old doesn't mean she won't die for natural causes. As far as we know, Claymorization or Awakening just grant longer youth, not necessarely eternal life. Even Isley, Rigardo and Dauf were 70/80 years old at best so, they are no proof. People died young because of sickness in the middle ages and since Awakened Beings can't get sick...
My point is that Claymore and ABs migth be like Sayans. They have a lifspan similar to humans but they age much slower.
That's contradictory JB; they can't age slower and still "have a lifespan similar to humans".

But I get what you're saying, and agree: they have extended lifespans and "neglible senscience" (they don't show any signs of aging, thus naturally including retaining their youth, but still actually age), but are not truly immortal; I don't believe they will live forever and ever if they are never killed. Awakened Beings definitely live longer then warriors, but I still wouldn't call them immortal.

The tricky thing is, is that they live for so long, that it many respects, it might as well be called immortality anyway, but their is a clear-cut difference; it all comes down to a question of "when". In truly immortal beings, this isn't an issue at all. I believe that Yoki in many ways has alot to do with it...that the energy is what "preserves" the user and, the more you have, the naturally longer you may live until it's finally unable to sustain itself regardless of nutrition or amount (etc etc), and the user, and they are both snuffed out from life. This is extra tricky when it comes down to latent potential (Teresa), partial awakenings, and all other sorts of things...but I think I'm at least going in the right direction.

Lobsters, turtles, and other underwater creatures are just like this on real life Earth - they age considerably slower, live much longer lives then human beings, yet still look and appear to have been in their physical prime when they finally died naturally.
Old 2011-03-30, 21:48   Link #16135
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Exactly.

Quote:
I didn't mean eternity dude... just that I wanted her to not die in such a lame fashion so I jested about there life span. Didn't mean to spark a debate.

But to start one anyways... ... I personally think Isley and Rigardo where closer to 100 years of age, since I think if the org didn't come up with a counter the the Dragons quickly they would have been whipped out quickly. So the time frame from the Dragons joining the war to the island becoming a testing ground would have been short, then throw in Isley already being at least a few years old and he might have actually been over 100 though that's not very likely. I agree that warriors likely aren't immune to aging when compared to the vastness of time but vs a human life span they may hit a few hundred year easily as evidenced in the series. lets face it if you don't show sings of deterioration (aging) in 70-100 years then, on a human time scale, you're not likely going to (on a human scale).

=======

Now before DGK complains here's a pic that required some content editing.

Spoiler for Risqué/content/NSFW:
Old 2011-03-30, 23:33   Link #16136
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Now before DGK complains here's a pic that required some content editing.

Spoiler for Risqué/content/NSFW:
You wouldn't happen to know where the unedited version is?
Weird D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 23:38   Link #16137
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
You wouldn't happen to know where the unedited version is?
Well, I edited it, so yes... I take that as a request for it and send it to you via PM.
Old 2011-03-31, 03:45   Link #16138
haegar
mangaviking

PM plz
Old 2011-03-31, 03:45   Link #16139
DeadGuyKai
Last of the Brunnen G

Why not just post a public link?
Do the dead, yeah, do the dead
Do the dead, surfin' dead
DeadGuyKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 09:49   Link #16140
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Might be some reposts again, but anyways....()

Spoiler for Isley & Rigardo:

Spoiler for Alicia & Beth:

Spoiler for Wallpaper (not very decent ^_^;):

Spoiler for nudity:

PS Thanks haegar. I really liked the brown one... but still wondering how the heck you posted that quickly (Well, it does sound lame when you call by its name)

Tags
images