AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 19:36   Link #3441
solomon

Anybody here watching the collegiate football races?

LSU is up there and save maaaaayyybeee a scare from Arkansas, they'll be in the Natty. I'm pulling for Oklahoma State to win out and face them. Be nice to have some new blood but also cause I really don't want to see LSU-Bama AGAIN.

Yea yea defense and all that crap, but I want to see actual GOOD offense in a game.

God I hate the BCS.

At least Virginia is rebuilding nicely, I'm actually gonna go see the big rivalry ( vs. VTech) game with my dad next weekend. Should be very much fun, yes!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 19:42   Link #3442
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Says the guy with Alex Smith as his QB^^...Took him 7 years just to look passable...Tebow's got something...I don't even know what it is, but to deny the excitement he's creating for fans is something too...Obviously he's gonna have to become better at passing, but if he can just become average at it, Jesus Skywalker, sky's the limit...
The hell? What does Tim Tebow have to do with Alex Smith? Terrible attempt to make a point. If you are going to take a shot at someone/make a smart ass comment, at least have it make sense and make it relevant. I also love how you left out the circumstances behind Alex Smith and his struggles and act like it was entirely his fault. Please just retire from posting. Especially about football.

Oh and Tebow doesn't have "something". Don't be ridiculous. He's Vince Young with a better attitude. Vince Young was pulling this same mantra in 2006 and got the Titans to a 500 record as well in his rookie season including winning six straight. Heck, his overall record as a quarterback is 30-17, but there is a reason why he is a backup, and it's his skillset which is terrible for a quarterback. This crap won't last and sooner or later Tebow is going to have to learn how to throw from the pocket or he'll end up like a backup just like Young or just out of the NFL. Can you name one quarterback in the modern era (past 40 or so years) that has had a successful career doing what Tim Tebow is doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
You'd be saying the same thing about Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees if they had ended up in San Francisco at that time. San Francisco's problems over the past five years comes down almost exclusively to coaches who could not understand what offense was, much less how to use properly.
Dude was just trolling because his blind love for Tim Tebow was questioned.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2011-11-18 at 20:05.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 00:16   Link #3443
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
No credit to the Broncos defense at all. The team forced 3 fumbles and a pick 6
Noooo! It's all about Tebow, don't take his light...Defense didn't do jack! Game changing sacks and INT's, never saw it...Only saw the halo^^...
Old 2011-11-19, 02:04   Link #3444
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I'm pulling for Oklahoma State to win out and face them. Be nice to have some new blood but also cause I really don't want to see LSU-Bama AGAIN.
Epic jinx, dude.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 06:01   Link #3445
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Not even The Powers That Be could have won under Mike Singletary...that guy was a walking trainwreck!
Singletary had inherited the mess Nolan had made with the offense, and being defensive minded, couldn't make things click right, especially by continuing the pointless QB changes. But still, Singletary and Nolan helped build that awesome defense that The Niners have this year, if it wasn't for that, they wouldn't be the team they are right now with an 8-1 record.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 23:38   Link #3446
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Very exciting game between USC Trojans and Oregon Ducks tonight.
Old 2011-11-20, 00:15   Link #3447
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Peh.. Kickers! Oregon should have won this one. I also haven't seen USC play in a while, so I was pretty impressed. They are definitely no slouch.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 00:17   Link #3448
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

What a mess for the top 5. They must really want LSU vs Alabama again.
Old 2011-11-20, 00:30   Link #3449
solomon

I know no one here cares but SCREW IT.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...GdN_story.html

14-13 in Doak, don't care if the reality time space rift had to be wrinkled to do it but......WE'RE MOVIN ON UP!

WAHOOOO-WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 00:41   Link #3450
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Peh.. Kickers! Oregon should have won this one. I also haven't seen USC play in a while, so I was pretty impressed. They are definitely no slouch.
We'll probably be hearing from USC regularly again once the Reggie Bush Bowl Ban is lifted next year. For now, they can only play spoiler so there is no reason to air their games unless it's against a high-profile opponent.

As for this week, lol it's like the other teams want a Bama-LSU rematch. Goodness.
Old 2011-11-20, 00:47   Link #3451
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
We'll probably be hearing from USC regularly again once the Reggie Bush Bowl Ban is lifted next year. For now, they can only play spoiler so there is no reason to air their games unless it's against a high-profile opponent.

As for this week, lol it's like the other teams want a Bama-LSU rematch. Goodness.
Bama-LSU? how about Arky-Bama, i just found out that this is the first time that division mates been 1,2,3 since the Big-8 in the 1970. That is crazy and LSU and Arky plays on Friday too.
Old 2011-11-20, 01:02   Link #3452
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I'm thinking that OKSt may still be in the driver's seat despite the lost if they can beat Oklahoma next week and take care of whoever they face in the Big 12 Championship game. Arkansas and LSU won't be playing the SEC Championship game and that'll hurt both of them (hopefully, a National Championship team should at least have won their conference).
Old 2011-11-20, 01:05   Link #3453
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
I'm thinking that OKSt may still be in the driver's seat despite the lost if they can beat Oklahoma next week and take care of whoever they face in the Big 12 Championship game. Arkansas and LSU won't be playing the SEC Championship game and that'll hurt both of them (hopefully, a National Championship should at least have won their conference).

But the Big 12 doesn't have a championship game anymore, so OkSt is screwed, even if they did win against OU because of the SEC championship and Georgia is/will be in the top 10 in the BCS polls soon.
Old 2011-11-20, 01:06   Link #3454
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Forgot about that; well, they're done then.
Old 2011-11-20, 02:13   Link #3455
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

You know the Ducks were going to lose once Lebron showed up.
Old 2011-11-20, 02:15   Link #3456
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I believe LeBron was on the USC sideline.
Old 2011-11-20, 02:19   Link #3457
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
I believe LeBron was on the USC sideline.
I doubt it. He was with Phil Knight along with the other Nike basketball players.
Old 2011-11-20, 02:28   Link #3458
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

He must have been wandering then, because he congratulated Robert Woods after he scored in the 2nd quarter.
Old 2011-11-20, 02:39   Link #3459
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Considering Wade and a bunch of other basketball people are ready to go overseas for a year, LeBron is probably looking for his job for the next year. That crazy Seattle theory might just happen at this rate.
Old 2011-11-20, 13:56   Link #3460
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeeeeeeaaaahhhh...I'm not even gonna bother watching the rest of this game. I'm officially calling any chance of the Bills making the playoffs dead.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports