AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-27, 09:40   Link #241
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Did anyone else notice how Zuko said 'The Fatherlord' once, instead of the Fire Lord? That was funny. 8D;

Oh, and Azula's last insane laugh really did bring out the 'Vicky' (The Fairly Odd Parents) in her. Most of the time, you can't tell they have the same voice actor because Vicky's voice is a bit more high pitched.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...s_by_Isaia.jpg
Old 2008-07-27, 12:00   Link #242
cat746

Send a message via ICQ to cat746 Send a message via MSN to cat746
the same person voiced Azula as Vicky..... now that i think about it, does make sense,lol, same type of evil person too,lol, hope she doesn't ge ttoo type casted, but then she herself may like those types of characters. i was just gonna say Sokka Really got taught a lesson by the Kyoshi warriors when he thought that girls couldn't fight, i think i recall him waking up and saying something like
Sokka:'Where are those guys that jumped us?!'
Kyoshi warriors giggle and then Suki tells them it was them or something similar still member his face of disbelief though
And yep Zuko did definitely say Fatherlord i caught that but had forgotten it till you mentioned it
I didn't actually notice a full moon anywhere during the finale eps, i thought she must have become more powerful than the old lady and the fact that her emotions were so high and all, i'll have to take a second glance at the finale eps
cat746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 12:10   Link #243
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat746 View Post
I just Love how this series ends, i mean if they did wrap everything up then they wouldn't have anything to do for the movies and would have to make up a different plot, as it is they have hinted about trying to find Zuko's mother, and left other unanswered questions here and there

As for the the Air Nomads, i believe that the bending powers are genetic, but i think that the same thing would apply to bending as applies with typical people getting certain physical attributes from their ancestors, you get the occasional people that have like their great grandparents hair/eye colour but noone else in the family has that hair colour, its just a dormant gene that can be triggered by the other parent having the same dormant gene or just triggers randomly. i think that even if a person's great great great grandparent had air abilities it is still possible for that child to get them, though their other parent may still need to have some form of air bending in their own ancestry as well.
i think it likely that there are air benders around, but there families are protecting them or they are living in seclusion because they knew if they were found the fire nation would likely kill them, but i think that it would be a case of before the war, children would have been screened at a certain age for any type of bending if they hadn't already shown talent by accidentally finding they were able to do certain things, and during the 100 year war they've kept it hidden and virtually not shown anyone out of fear, even now it may take them a while to show the air bending abilities because they are so used to hiding it, but i believe there are other air benders out there they just haven't had any training whatsoever and Aang will have a big job on his hands, that's if what i am theorising is correct, but it would make matters a lot simpler if that was the case.

i think that it would be extremely difficult for Aang to give people air bending abilities, unless there was maybe a dormant gene, or possible talent, because it's extremely difficult to make something out of nothing, but a lot easier to remove something that is already there, like with taking Ozai's abilities away
Spoiler for Sozin's Comet part 4, Ultimate Avatar Technique:
Bending powers don't seem genetic at all considering that the originators of the disciplines learned there abilities from a respective beast air nomads from flying bison the sun warriors(original fire benders) from dragons, original earth benders from badger moles etc. they weren't born with that.

Also another bit I thought lightning in firebending could only be used with a completely calm state of mind yet Azula was hardly that in the final eps she totally lost it. I asume the reason her bolt didn't kill Zuko outright was cause her insanity weakened her powers.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising

Last edited by Yorae_paladin1; 2008-07-27 at 12:22.
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 20:24   Link #244
JoieKawaiiDesu
Konata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeyice View Post
Did anyone else notice how Zuko said 'The Fatherlord' once, instead of the Fire Lord? That was funny. 8D
Haha!! I NOTICED THAT!!!
it must have done to make Zuko seem more fatherly.
JoieKawaiiDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 13:39   Link #245
ellifeedn
Thinker

I had this idea of what Azula might do if she were to ever regain some sanity and confront Zuko. I imagine her trying to kill Zuko by building up her fire to the point that the explosive force would be equal to that of a nuclear explosion and be able to wipe out everything within a two mile radius. Of course, it would kill her too, but that's why I say "some" sanity.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 05:18   Link #246
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoieKawaiiDesu View Post
In the first couple episodes, I sort of hated Sokka. He was really annoying... He was always like girls can't fight, but only boys can.
kind of reminds you of shikamaru doesnt it Genius Sexist... minus the flat jokes.
Old 2008-08-08, 01:36   Link #247
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

Cool

Avatar was just a huge surprise. I never thought it was possible to make an American cartoon as good as an anime. It wasn't just the artwork. The whole originality of using elemental bending with martial arts was spectacular. Even though I don't consider this series as a genuine anime, it definitely surpassed my expectations.
Onchuu_Norin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 17:54   Link #248
xia

I started watching Avatar because of my nephew, but now I love it.
I only got to see the last 20 minutes of the finale, but man was that intense.

I'm buying Book 1 tonight and look forward to going through the series.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 18:10   Link #249
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
but man i stopped watching @ the boiling rock part 2, cuz the other episodes never aired, any1 got a tip for me where i can actually watch avatar since veoh is banned from hungary? (LOL TT)
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:57   Link #250
neoko

The Japanese could learn from the Americans sometimes. Avatar is better than the vast majority of anime. Left a little void in me when it ended =(
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 03:31   Link #251
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Some unclear points towards the end, and hopefully/possibly a hint towards the sequel

1. Where is Zuko´s mother? that was such a friggin big cliffhanger
2. Wasn´t Tai-Li supposed to make some moves on Sokka so he could have a girl from every nation? hmm? seriously i miss this point =(
Old 2008-08-12, 16:07   Link #252
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Say what you will about Sokka, but his appeal to the opposite sex is undeniable - butch, underage earthbenders, moon Goddesses, ditzy circus fire-freaks, quasi-Shaolin warriors - all were warm for his form.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 16:02   Link #253
xia

I almost done with the first season. I'm averaging about a friging dvd a day. I dont even average an anime dvd a day most of the time.

Sokka is great comic relief, and I cant help but love Zuko.
I really need to buy the second season so I dont have a wait in between.

Currently watching
Old 2008-08-13, 16:52   Link #254
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoko View Post
Avatar is better than the vast majority of anime.
That's because Avatar is practically an anime in itself. Only the creators and writers aren't (right? ). It shows how far the koreans have gone in terms of animation (which doesn't surprise me, with the japanese masters teaching them, hehe ).

You're probably saying that because there's no fanservice and no filler, right? Or do you mean MODERN anim, or even anime of all times?

Don't get me wrong, I also like american animated series (and even some american cartoons), but only the good ones, which are hard to find. :\

Although I've only seen trailers of the series so far (I don't have nickelodeon right now) ), the little I saw was enough for me to paint a pretty good picture of this show . Basically, the americans realised the original japanese way of story-telling is the best one (even the characters' face expressions, they're totally anime-like, hehe).

(EDIT: Sorry, I saw half an episode once in portuguese (not brazilian), during the brief time I had nickelodeon)
Old 2008-08-14, 04:25   Link #255
Blaat

The first season is the poorest season right? Because I finished with the first season and I wasn't impressed by it.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 04:32   Link #256
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

season 2 owned, season 3 is even better, although it reminds me a bit of dragonball xd
Old 2008-08-14, 06:53   Link #257
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The first season is the poorest season right? Because I finished with the first season and I wasn't impressed by it.

I love the first season

But yeah for me it is the weakest of the 3.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 13:18   Link #258
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
When they did season 1, the creative team didn't know if Nick will order a second and a third season. The second season was the best in my opinion.

The problem with the third season was that they make some storylines that were left unfinished, mostly because of time, they spend about 5 or 6 episodes that could be left out (fillers if you want). Basickly they ignore the fate of Ursa (Zuko and Azula's mother) and the White Lotus Society (That at first impression seemed to be bigger that it was).
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 20:30   Link #259
xia

Perhaps Ursa is going to be an intriticate plot of the movie thats coming out?
Or they might have wanted you to come to your own conclusion?

Hell, maybe there are going to a season of just Zuko hahaha

Currently watching
Old 2008-08-15, 07:24   Link #260
Animecentred

Seriously, not that people seemd impressed with series 1. I loved it (admittedly it gets boring after 18 or so repeats) look at whta you get, Avatar state every five minutes, Koh, the winter soltice (avatar roku at the fire temple ^^) and finally big avatar/ocean spirit kick ass fight. Even though i agree that it tanks slightly overall i think it goes 3/1/2 in terms of content (admitably the drill and ba sing sai eps are great)