AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 6 9.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 6.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 17.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 25.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 17.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 6.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-30, 16:40   Link #41
Midonin
Last Engage

Within every larger story lies an infinite number of smaller ones waiting to be told. This episode is a perfect illustration of that. Seeing Aya Endo take the spotlight was also a nice touch, plus, she's a girl who just loves video games. That in itself is likable.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 19:25   Link #42
Avegaille

Okay minus the Index connections parts (I didn't notice that thing, so nvm my previous post), I actually started to like Tsuduri more thanks to this episode... about time she was given an episode of her own (ha, don't care about you filler complainers, because I'm enjoying Railgun better this way). She has some bad luck once in a while and to see a teacher that enjoys a video game... well... how is she not likeable? (those glasses too are a plus... haha).
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:22   Link #43
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Don't worry; they're going to continue to whine about it until the very end, and make like it was some sort of surprise like "I spent the whole time watching the show waiting for this part, and they never did it! I'm so mad!!!". If nothing else, people could have at least taken the new OP as a hint, but no. People like to set themselves up for disappointment in this way, but don't ask me why...
Nevermind the OP, the way the magazine spoilers are going make it look pretty obvious there won't be a SISTERS arc too.

Well, it may not be so obvious to everyone; I guess some people may be holding out hope that they'll do the SISTERS arc in 5 episodes, and I suppose it's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. Especially not after the new OP has no hint of the SISTERS arc whatsoever.
Old 2010-01-30, 21:00   Link #44
Joe_fh

Well they pretty much did the previous arc in 5 episodes (the main events and scuh) everything else that wasn't really that important was streched...soo it's theoretically possible. Still it's obvious it won't happen.
Forget OP and magazine spoilers - the anime moved away from the Misaka kicks but and is awesome theme to something more calm and contained plus JC aimed at wider audience by including more fanservice and daily life elements thus focusing more on the four girls as a whole.

Anyways about this episode. Well it wasn't bad - nothing special though.
If Index and Touma appearing in the OP was just a cameo this time there was a clear connection that even refered to parts of Index. I still find it wiered why they changed the early episodes to discard that connection and now they're building it again. Well that's probably just me.

This seems so much like the begining of the first ark - seemingy unconnected episode that focus on different characters and events. I guess everyone of these characters will play a role later if they indeed connect them. I'm willing to bet that we'll hear more about the girl with the pendant in the future. It was a similar hint to the one in the first episode with the music player were the "camera" is focused on something that isn't really important at tha time. Or that's just me guessing - we'll see
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 21:31   Link #45
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this ep .

Arg , i wanted to know how many points Misaka would have with the "Punching" game .
Saten = 90 points .
If you look carefully on the game the 1st is 85 points ? So , did Uiharu played first or Kuroko (but i doubt)

Well , this episode was surprising , you know why ?

We saw Index for 30 sec !!!
What is hilarious is that Himegami got 39 sec XD

Anyway , ok episode with Tessou .
"Hidden Character" Omg !

Ow and damn the curfew lol what time was it ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 22:09   Link #46
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Mikachu got the first 85, then Saten got 90. Mikachu said she'd let loose on the next hit, but didn't get a chance.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 23:11   Link #47
sangkun

seriously... how long is this filler going to last?
i gave 3/10 just because index and aisa appeared.
sangkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 01:04   Link #48
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
If I were to rate this episode on its own, it would definitely not deserve a 10/10. But once again, Railgun delivers. Not every anime feels fresh every time you watch it, but this one does. I didn't particularly care for the plot that much at the start, but I began to get into it slowly, and finally enjoying an episode that I wasn't expecting to happen and didn't care for initially. This episode really breaks all barriers and simply delivered.

10/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 02:26   Link #49
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Anyone watched the Railgun special?

Spoiler for :
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 07:11   Link #50
Kon the Magnificent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Nevermind the OP, the way the magazine spoilers are going make it look pretty obvious there won't be a SISTERS arc too.

Well, it may not be so obvious to everyone; I guess some people may be holding out hope that they'll do the SISTERS arc in 5 episodes, and I suppose it's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. Especially not after the new OP has no hint of the SISTERS arc whatsoever.
hehehe, I was one of those people waiting, despite knowing it was impossible. I guess that's why I've always been the hopeless optimist

I guess the opening is a big hint....should really pay more attention to that
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 08:35   Link #51
Marina2

J.C. staff like megane, aren't they.........?

All anime original ep. are about megane girl.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 08:46   Link #52
Chrono Helix

The way she held the stick seemed rather unconventional, but I hear it's pretty common among Japanese when playing fighting games.
Old 2010-01-31, 09:35   Link #53
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is it wrong for me to say Index humped that robot janitor thing
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 10:22   Link #54
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
is it wrong for me to say Index humped that robot janitor thing
Nope, that's the best thing I've ever heard yet. And I actually thought of that too when I saw Index like that. XD
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 13:52   Link #55
velvet nightmare

no one else is surprised high scores are getting set by middle school girls? unless 'high score' means something else in japan.

though you have to admit, AS is pretty awesome considering they train their people to throw riot shields and not kill people with them.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 18:53   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hmm well not a bad episode though something about it had me yawning during the middle. I suppose nothing wrong with fleshing out the secondary characters. Besides leaves you smiling when she got that hyped up about the gaming battle.
Old 2010-01-31, 23:36   Link #57
durack

Is it just me or do teachers at Academy City drink a bit too much?
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 00:35   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Teaching is stressful

Some smoke.
Some drink.
Some take it out on arcade games.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 00:36   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
What it's only nearly every night . Besides teaching kids with abilities like that might drive some to drink.

My question is whether every member of antiskill is pulling two jobs? The swat of Academy City seems to be some big volunteer organization. Maybe the two in this episode aren't a standard, but seems like a bad idea to have people doing a full time job like teaching and then grabbing an assault rifle and heading out to patrol the streets. I suppose though if a teacher could find me later and had access to firearms I'd behave better in class .
Old 2010-02-01, 04:34   Link #60
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I suppose this episode was necessary to explain to us why Anti-skill has and will never be anything more than canon fodder...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote