AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-15, 11:22   Link #41
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Hmm what are the alien's "Core" exactly? Strange how they are the same no matter how different the alien, some universal part, a power source, a major organ? Or perhaps its something more disturbing like a cockpit.................
Old 2004-06-15, 11:23   Link #42
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Hmm what are the alien's "Core" exactly? Strange how they are the same no matter how different the alien, some universal part, a power source, a major organ? Or perhaps its something more disturbing like a cockpit.................
Capture the flag anyone?

(Whoops replied instead of editing DOH!)
Old 2004-06-15, 11:38   Link #43
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Spoiler for Chapter 7:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Maybe one of the children will peel it open instead of crushing it, and we'll see the contents.
Spoiler:
EDIT: Some things I missed before -- The fact that...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Briareos; 2004-06-15 at 16:44. Reason: Some things I missed before...
Old 2004-06-15, 21:50   Link #44
Spyre
"Soon"

I find it interesting that the "attacking" monsters have yet to attack anything other than the Zearth robot. Who says they're actually invaders? I mean, the Zearth is always there first and the monster always comes next... I think theres definately more than just "save the world" to this.

I keep thinking of Ender's Game when I read Bokurano...
Old 2004-06-16, 09:10   Link #45
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyre
I find it interesting that the "attacking" monsters have yet to attack anything other than the Zearth robot. Who says they're actually invaders? I mean, the Zearth is always there first and the monster always comes next... I think theres definately more than just "save the world" to this.

I keep thinking of Ender's Game when I read Bokurano...
I totally agree. I feel like the 'conflict' is partly because of misunderstanding and partly due to lack of information. There's a definite paralell to Ender's Game in that it could all be...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-16, 17:30   Link #46
petr

I keep thinking that all robots are being piloted by ppl...and that this game is just to amuse some big bad evil alien...dunno maybe the "Core" is a cockpit where other ppl sit?
Old 2004-06-16, 17:48   Link #47
TronDD
Team the box!

I'm gonna go with the core = cockpit theory and the pilots = other people theory.

I don't think the other aliens are attacking Earth because they have Zearth, though. But I still don't have any other guess. There has to be a reason Earth is the planet being attacked. If it was some game put on for the ammusement of some higher alien, I'd think they'd have them fight on the various planets of people they have forced into the "game".

We still don't have any indication of what the attacking alien would do if it wins. Will it destroy the Earth? Why doesn't it ever try that instead of focusing on Zearth right away?
Old 2004-07-11, 17:38   Link #48
stpehen
kisses for all

Minor update: Bokurano volume 1 has been ordered for scanning... Our plan is to make the HQ release well worth downloading again by the time it's ready.

The issue with Chapter 8 is out and the chapter itself should be edited soon.
Old 2004-07-11, 17:45   Link #49
TronDD
Team the box!

Awesome, been waiting for another chapter.
Old 2004-07-12, 06:36   Link #50
Briareos

Thank you for all the hard work, time and money spent on this project.
Old 2004-07-15, 22:45   Link #51
JLG

Yo. IRC-ignorant boob here.

I somehow successfully downloaded chapters 1 through 5 from the links provided previously, but now I'm stuck. The link to 6 doesn't work and I don't understand the conversation concerning those problems. And when I downloaded 7, my computer "can't" open it. Won't say anything else.

There's a world of things about this whole business I don't know, and it's hurtin'. Can anyone help me out? Sorry to be a pest.
Old 2004-07-21, 06:30   Link #52
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLG
Yo. IRC-ignorant boob here.

I somehow successfully downloaded chapters 1 through 5 from the links provided previously, but now I'm stuck. The link to 6 doesn't work and I don't understand the conversation concerning those problems. And when I downloaded 7, my computer "can't" open it. Won't say anything else.

There's a world of things about this whole business I don't know, and it's hurtin'. Can anyone help me out? Sorry to be a pest.
I'll see if I can sort something out for you JLG, bear with me . BTW Chapter 8's translation is up, Mangascreener appear to be having problems with their FTP at the mo' but hopefully the scanslated chapter should be available soon.
Old 2004-08-26, 23:19   Link #53
TronDD
Team the box!

Chapter 8 is out. I found it on the pnyxtr bot in the channel.

Torrent here for you lazy folks.

I batched up chapters 1-7 and 8 is seperate.
Old 2004-08-30, 17:17   Link #54
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Chapter 8 is out. I found it on the pnyxtr bot in the channel.

Torrent here for you lazy folks.

I batched up chapters 1-7 and 8 is seperate.
Thanks TronDD

Damn Kitoh's good at pulling the heart strings, I really feel for Daiichi, also only guys have been summoned so far.........I'm guessing a girl will be called next........
Old 2004-08-30, 17:31   Link #55
TronDD
Team the box!

Whew, I thought I was the only Bokurano reader left.

Spoiler:

I think it'll be interesting to see a girl have to pilot it.
Old 2004-08-30, 18:42   Link #56
stpehen
kisses for all

The 10th installment begins a new character's chapter.

Spoiler for their identity:
Old 2004-08-31, 13:45   Link #57
Rion
Ramune~

Yay... I already wondered why there are so many girls among the 15, but no one called yet.

Chapter 9 was good, like always *g*
Old 2004-08-31, 18:00   Link #58
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion
Yay... I already wondered why there are so many girls among the 15, but no one called yet.

Chapter 9 was good, like always *g*
Yep as Rion says Chapter 9 now available to DL from IRC.

Its so sad!!!

Spoiler:

I still cant help wishing I could shout "Cheer up you fatalistic fool!" to Kitoh-san, yet however much his own ideology conflicts with my own I still cant fault his storytelling.......

Last edited by tsurumaru; 2004-09-02 at 08:57.
Old 2004-09-02, 15:03   Link #59
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Bumping because the regulars don't seem to have noticed chapter 9's release.

Gomen Gomen.
Old 2004-09-02, 15:55   Link #60
TronDD
Team the box!

I liked the way chapters 8 and 9 told this sub story. Really focused on the human side. Not as much robot fighting (I can do without too much of that).

I'm kinda reminded of the way Wings of Vendemiaire was written. Seperate stories with some connections. This has the same feel. Multiple stories where the robot is the connecting plotline. More connection here than in Wings, but a more definite seperation between subplots than Narutaru.
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, seinen