AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2010-04-03, 19:53   Link #81
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I'm betting this won't be out until later in the year but it's still pretty great news! Need to pick up both sets sometime then, and hope that the novels sell (both here and in Japan for a season three!).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 20:59   Link #82
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Yep, glad I didn't get that tweet!
Granted I'm too jaded to fall for that kind of stuff these days, but even so...

Here are my hopes for season 2: that the voice actors for the established characters are kept the same, the intensity of episodes 1-5 holds up to that of the original Japanese, the English subs are better than Season 1, and that it comes out soon (but not at the expense of quality)!!!
It had also better keep episode 0. Id quite like to see how they translate some of that.
Some more extras would be nice too, but then that could be the 2 DVDness.

Id really like a proper HD blu-ray release.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 21:07   Link #83
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus
It had also better keep episode 0. Id quite like to see how they translate some of that.
Some more extras would be nice too.

Yeah... I kind of left Episode 0 out of my comment under the assumption it would be included. I forgot for a second what happens when you assume. For those of you unfamiliar with the expression I suggest a Google search. I agree... I wanna see how they interpreted the dialogue as A LOT of character development hinges on those (dare I say) intimate scenes.

As for extras, yeah those two little extras with Hol(r)o would be nice (they were quite cute). Additionally a textless intro and outro like they did for the first season would be nice... and maybe the artwork from the Japanese DVD volumes of Seasons 1 and 2!
Old 2010-04-03, 23:47   Link #84
Attoney

Nice! I'm glad that season 2 got licensed. After watching the english dub of season 1, I think that the Japanese voice actor did a better job at Horo's personality. Howver, the dub does do a better job at clarifying some elements within the plot of season 1.

I'm kind of hoping at the back of mind that they will edit the last scene in Episode 12, and make the kiss a proper kiss, isntead of the "pesudo-I'm pretty sure they kissed" scene.
Attoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 04:28   Link #85
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

No disagreements Attorney on the voice actors, Lawrence worked fine, but Brina's Holo wasn't quite as 'full' in term of emotion vocally as Ami Koshimizu's version, it seemed like she focused more on certain elements of the personality, which is a shame as I loved Brina's Maho in Beck (and her singing voice is pretty decent). That said its not the worst dub ever, and hopefully with the second season, the voice acting will improve as the actors know the characters a little better now.

I doubt they'll make the edit to 12 because of the money, but I think it was pretty certain they kissed even if the animation wasn't good. The tenuous, finger-intertwined handhold was too close after that section for it to have been anything else, given Lawrences reasonable reserved nature
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 12:39   Link #86
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus
No disagreements Attorney on the voice actors, Lawrence worked fine, but Brina's Holo wasn't quite as 'full' in term of emotion vocally as Ami Koshimizu's version, it seemed like she focused more on certain elements of the personality, which is a shame as I loved Brina's Maho in Beck (and her singing voice is pretty decent). That said its not the worst dub ever, and hopefully with the second season, the voice acting will improve as the actors know the characters a little better now.

I doubt they'll make the edit to 12 because of the money, but I think it was pretty certain they kissed even if the animation wasn't good. The tenuous, finger-intertwined handhold was too close after that section for it to have been anything else, given Lawrences reasonable reserved nature
I think y'all are right. While I loved the maturity of her voice at times... the Oiran dialect just didn't carry over... as well it really can't. That being said, I did miss the extreme playful, flirty inflection Ami threw into Hol(r)o that was integral to the Oiran. I just melt when I hear her Hol(r)o. If she asked me anything using that dialect and voice, I wouldn't be able to turn her down.

Oh and no doubt... that was definitely a kiss. The gentle hand hold, Lawrence's half embrace pulling Hol(r)o toward him, Hol(r)o's change in expression (note the widening of her eyes... as well as their trembling)... Lawrence totally caught her off guard, yet she was able to (for a few seconds) hide her joy. A kiss it was... lucky, lucky man!
Old 2010-04-04, 18:47   Link #87
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
A kiss it was... lucky, lucky man!
He was clearly kissing her, but she was too busy being stunned to even close her eyes You'll notice they're toying with you the entire scene, because as they separate they keep her face off-screen, then do a quick pan over to her pouty face after she says "so?". They WANT us to be frustrated, and get the idea that she's still turning it all into a game. He even blushes when he realizes she's just messing with him (as usual).
BashZeStampeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 03:00   Link #88
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I am fairly excited reading so much praise about the dub. I recently bought the second season to go with the first season. Normally, I really don't venture into dubs very often, but I've some younger friends that are really prone to use their netflicks to experience anime...and in turn often dubs. (I about died when one wouldn't watch the second season of Clannad subbed after loving the first.) I really feel like they'd love this show, so a strong dub is definitely a plus.
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 04:21   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The nice thing about the DVDs, of course, is that you can still revel in the original voicing at your leisure. And the dubs are getting a little bit better over the years.
Old 2011-10-26, 03:27   Link #90
nestea2004

Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
I just re-watched the entire thing the other night in dub and I gotta say, this was one of the better (in my opinion) examples of dubbing
nestea2004 is offline   Reply With Quote