AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 05:52   Link #2421
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'll give you Volume 8, even though I want to point out that Kirino never really managed to "accept their relationship". See what happened afterwards.

Volumes 1 and 4 are mere "thank you"s for a huge huge favor Kyousuke did for her.

All things considered, there is not even a remote semblance of a balance between Kirino's behavior towards Kyousuke and Kyousuke's constant pampering of Kirino. Kirino is consistently the spoiled and ungrateful princess that all other characters are revolving around, trying to blow sugar up her rear end. I had some remote hopes that the story would end on a message from Kyousuke to Kirino being "I love you, and I care for you, but this one time, in the end, I'm going to let my wishes take priority over yours".

Alas, it was not meant to be. All Kirino, eternally, forever.

Fine, then.

*toss*
A mere Kirino hater??? If you arent satisfied you can always buy the game and choose your favorite heroine. This is how anime works,they want profits so they gave us the most satisfying ending(in my opinion)and if u arent ok with it you have to buy games etc.....
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 05:58   Link #2422
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
I think I see now where our misunderstanding is coming from. I'll try to explain:

For me, the kiss or kisses (both) are to signify Kyousuke's "choice". It's a symbol that he chooses Kirino. The second kiss only underlines this choice - he still "loves" her. BUT. By "going back" or more correctly pretending to do so, the author dodges the bullet to explain how they're dealing with the problems - the stigmatization, the social backlash, their parents' reactions, all the likes. It reminds me of an old project manager joke for impossible tasks: You plan it all through, and then just add a step "here is where a miracle happens". Exactly THAT is the cop-out. The author capitulates and refuses to resolve the problems. That all "happens in-between and we don't see it".

Also, it just doesn't fit with my life experiences. That's not how romantic love works - especially not the self-centered kind that Kirino employs.

Oh, I read the novel translations, too. No substantial change in my eyes. Kirino's continuous abuse of Kyousuke rings very true here. I wonder how many times she called her so-called "love" "disgusting" or worse. Her treatment of him has been just the same: Kirino bossed him around to solve her own problems and gives him verbal and physical abuse as thanks. I'll easily concede that she did develop a certain form of "protectiveness" towards Kyousuke, but it smacked more of "possessiveness" to me.

Please answer me this: When did Kirino do something to help Kyousuke? When did she express genuine appreciation for his and his efforts? When did Kirino forgo a selfish wish of her own for the sake of Kyousuke? When did she even show any shred of interest in Kyousuke's wishes?

Yes, she grew irritable over the threatened loss of her possession (Kyousuke). Is that your idea of "love"?
First off, thank you for answering. Now for my reply...

One, her feelings are incestuous. It's very wrong, and she's very aware of this. It's a disgusting, shameful feeling that must be locked away and heavily guarded. It's only natural she'd get defensive over it and it also adds to the hypocritical humor since out of every one, since she's the one who adores playing imouto-ge, she's probably the one with the least amount of reason to make fun of Kyou for playing something she made him play. Now if you're referring to her calling Kyousuke gross, then Kyousuke does the same thing--again remember, they maybe incestuous, but their romantic feelings for each other doesn't drown out the fact that they are siblings--and will always be so. It's perfectly normal for sibs to act that way towards each other when they're pissed and usually have less restraint when doing so. Doesn't mean they love each other less. When the series first began the two didn't even speak to each other, and plainly said they hated each other; only now have we found the reasons why it led up to that, so I'm not bothered by how she treated Kyou. It's perfectly OK, and how do I know that? Because Kyousuke doesn't say otherwise; the guy is FINE no matter what you dish out on him. He's not being bullied; he's just letting her get away with it because she's his sister which I'm going to repeat again because I feel this is pretty critical to understanding their dynamic-- Kirino is allowed to treat Kyou that way because she is his SISTER. That fact alone excuses her for a lot, and Kyou knows that because he doesn't see what she asks him to do as a big deal.

Now as for Kirino taking Kyousuke into consideration. Well, there's the Kuroneko incident, the time when Kyousuke was studying for the test, the time she gave Kyousuke a gift comes to mind. I think there more but I can't remember them, but at least its not nothing. Also, what exactly were Kyousuke's wishes? The guy had no ambitions prior to the series and wanted to live out his life in a mundane cycle of nothing.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:04   Link #2423
Kakurin
大佐

Following spoilers are based on a Chinese quick translation of chapter 1 (posted today, 18:07 Chinese time, so should be legit, but be warned, this is a quick translation of a quick translation ).

Spoiler for Chapter 1:

EDIT: Note, this is only one part of chapter 1. Others are following. The guy just posted another part.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:12   Link #2424
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Following spoilers are based on a Chinese quick translation of chapter 1 (posted today, 18:07 Chinese time, so should be legit, but be warned, this is a quick translation of a quick translation ).

Spoiler for Chapter 1:

EDIT: Note, this is only one part of chapter 1. Others are following. The guy just posted another part.
Lol looks like Kyousuke did his homework playing eroge and a very sharp move convincing her lol although she wanted to go out with him no hesitation. I think its legit but Kinda short but it will do. Thx mate

Oh so its only a part of it
Old 2013-06-07, 06:15   Link #2425
Kakurin
大佐

Yep, chapter one continues on Christmas eve. Will translate it later.
Old 2013-06-07, 06:17   Link #2426
matapat

Quote:

For me, the kiss or kisses (both) are to signify Kyousuke's "choice". It's a symbol that he chooses Kirino. The second kiss only underlines this choice - he still "loves" her. BUT. By "going back" or more correctly pretending to do so, the author dodges the bullet to explain how they're dealing with the problems - the stigmatization, the social backlash, their parents' reactions, all the likes. It reminds me of an old project manager joke for impossible tasks: You plan it all through, and then just add a step "here is where a miracle happens". Exactly THAT is the cop-out. The author capitulates and refuses to resolve the problems. That all "happens in-between and we don't see it".

Also, it just doesn't fit with my life experiences. That's not how romantic love works - especially not the self-centered kind that Kirino employs.

I kind of agree with Mentar here, but honestly, to me it feels like the author gave the series an oddly appropriate ending, unsatisfying as it was.

The whole way through it felt like Fushimi was writing the series in a "have your cake and eat it too" manner, trying to combine madcap comedy of traditional anime romcoms with an undercurrent of more serious examinations of incest like Koi Kaze. And in the end it wasn't a fully successful marriage. The comedy bits were entertaining enough with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and poking fun at otaku culture, but the more serious bits played up the drama of the societal problems Kyosuke and Kirino would face, then throwing it all away at the end without fully resolving it.

It's like he was caught between the choices of a "screw it, let's end this as zany as possible" ending, a more realistic ending of them acknowledging their feelings and moving beyond them because the relationship wasn't possible, or a somber ending where they hook up despite everyone's protests and march onward to whatever the future holds. Instead he does the meet you halfway approach and delivers the half-assed "maybe ever after" ambiguity.

Hopefully that 10 year timeskip epilogue provides a more satisfying conclusion, because the one given seems decidedly
matapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:27   Link #2427
DevG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Actually, Volume 11 was done in 10 days. After seeing the sudden push from Vol 12, I decided to post everything I had online, despite that only the first four chapter had passed proofreader.
Anyway, with 392 pages, it would need at least 78 hours of working non--stop. While it's possible to finish in a week, don't set your hope too high.

Personally, I can go with this ending. This is as close as a Kirino-end that we could get without having to deal with the society pressure for a incest end. Of course, if Kirino just keep the ring it would be even better
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK ON VOLUME 11

After reading the spoilers for kirino x Kyosuke, I felt sad I spoiled it but I was litterly bursting with energy that I couldnt lay down anymore on my iphone, I grabbed my headphones and blasteted the main theme of oreimo, and did 50 pushups as fast as I could then 300 jumping jacks, 35 pushups then 200 jumping jacks thne 20 pushups and 100 jumping jacks!

IF I HADNT DONE THAT I WOULD STILL BE HYPER ALL MORNING LONG! THIS REALLY PUT SO MUCH ENERGY IN ME!

I only wish that feeling lasted even longer! If i read volume 12 to that point, I litterly could have run a marathon HAHA! I REALLY FEEL THIS WAY

CHAOS THANK YOU AGAIN, Please try your best to get volume 12 out asap If you need anything please ask me, ask me ask me!

IM SOO HAPPY THIS IS WHAT I WANTED FROM THE START Kirino X Kyosuke ftw!!!

Finally after 11 volumes the real romance came in, but the author NEEDS to follow up on this!!

GOOD LUCK CHAOSS I will ask arround for the raws so I Can give them to you, everyone help him! Ask all reviewers to get the raws to him!!!!
DevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:32   Link #2428
DevG

OH YAH WHILE I WAIT FOR VOLUME 12 I have to re-read all the volumes I started oreimo light novels around volune 6 to contniune from the anime but since It has come to this, And I have to wait for volume 12, Re-reading them seems like a really nice idea Lets doo this -

Choas you have my 100% Support
DevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:33   Link #2429
sooj

im pretty sure the way it ended was the best we could get giving the situation for a kirino/kyousuke ending
so im
kinda
really happy like this
also im
just
enjoying a whole lot the kirino haters' reaction
sooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:44   Link #2430
Kakurin
大佐

Continuing the translation of the translation:

Spoiler for Continuation Chapter 1:
Old 2013-06-07, 06:57   Link #2431
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by matapat View Post
I kind of agree with Mentar here, but honestly, to me it feels like the author gave the series an oddly appropriate ending, unsatisfying as it was.

The whole way through it felt like Fushimi was writing the series in a "have your cake and eat it too" manner, trying to combine madcap comedy of traditional anime romcoms with an undercurrent of more serious examinations of incest like Koi Kaze. And in the end it wasn't a fully successful marriage. The comedy bits were entertaining enough with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and poking fun at otaku culture, but the more serious bits played up the drama of the societal problems Kyosuke and Kirino would face, then throwing it all away at the end without fully resolving it.

It's like he was caught between the choices of a "screw it, let's end this as zany as possible" ending, a more realistic ending of them acknowledging their feelings and moving beyond them because the relationship wasn't possible, or a somber ending where they hook up despite everyone's protests and march onward to whatever the future holds. Instead he does the meet you halfway approach and delivers the half-assed "maybe ever after" ambiguity.

Hopefully that 10 year timeskip epilogue provides a more satisfying conclusion, because the one given seems decidedly
I always thought of the series as toying with incest, sort of a parody or satire of it. I eventually could tell that Kirino indeed loved Kyousuke but the reverse still seems flimsy to me. Yeah hindsight of all his actions "prove" his feelings but this ending is far too abrupt in scope and I have no idea if there was resolution for any of the things that I think truly mattered yet. Well I guess I can assume one of them was resolved, they repaired their bond, they just repaired it a little too well and are lovers instead.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 07:02   Link #2432
Wilshere

Quote:

So does chapter 1 end here or there is another continuation?
Old 2013-06-07, 07:02   Link #2433
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Incest end.

Did anyone really expect otherwise?

Their relationship was never a commentary on how sweet/fuzzy bros and sisters can be, as some would adamantly take it, and I'm glad this volume puts it to rest.

I mean, I would vomit in my brother's face if we were to go 10% of where Kyousuke/Kirino went in the entire novel series.

Cheers for KxK however, have always supported them.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 07:04   Link #2434
larethian

Quote:

It feels so creepy (sending shivers) to me now that I'm not sure whether I can actually read the actual volume now. I don't know why, this never happened with my eroge, but in Oreimo, it feels creepy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Incest end.

Their relationship was never a commentary on how sweet/fuzzy bros and sisters can be, as some would adamantly take it, and I'm glad this volume puts it to rest.

I mean, I would vomit in my brother's face if we were to go 10% of where Kyousuke/Kirino went in the entire novel series.

Probably not starting from the later volumes.
But if you are talking right from volume 1, then yes. You can read the first few pages of this thread to see.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 07:07   Link #2435
sooj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Incest end.

I didn't.
Also i probably wouldn't throw up on my brother's face in that case but I've got a bit of a brocon myself so nevermind??

ALSO THANKS FOR THE PEOPLE WORKING HARD TO BRING US SUMMARIES??
sooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 07:13   Link #2436
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

1. what happened to kuroneko in the end?

2. incest anime ranking

1. yosuga no sora
2. Koko Naka ni hitori
3. oreimo
4. onii-chan dakedo ae sai
Old 2013-06-07, 07:18   Link #2437
Kakurin
大佐

Next, love how Kyousuke teases Kirino back, they are cute :

Old 2013-06-07, 07:20   Link #2438
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
So does chapter 1 end here or there is another continuation?
I don't know how much follows, but I suspect it ends perhaps with them in Akiba, or possible at the Skytree. But right now I have to leave, later I will look for further translations.
Old 2013-06-07, 07:33   Link #2439
Wilshere

Quote:
I don't know how much follows, but I suspect it ends perhaps with them in Akiba, or possible at the Skytree. But right now I have to leave, later I will look for further translations.
Sure thing mate thx in prior
Old 2013-06-07, 07:37   Link #2440
Paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
2. incest anime ranking

1. yosuga no sora
2. oreimo
3. akane iro
Fixed to remove "incest" cop-out. YNS still at the top for much better pacing drama-wise and the fact the animation went all-out with their relationship. Oreimo is a very, very close second because it's the most mainstream of them all and the author still managed to do it, no matter the subtleness of the ending. Akane Iro is third because they went all-ages with the cop-out but they still they didn't betray the canon (that sees Minato as the winner).
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings