AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-01-19, 03:14   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 479 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Fully spoiler released

Quote:
-Karin ponders the activation time of Danzou's jutsu. She starts to count.

-Madara explains that Izanagi is a forbidden Sharingan Genjutsu that, for a time, turns any anything used against the user into a "dream", so even damage or death becomes a fantasy when the user has Izanagi activated. It is the ultimate Genjutsu, surpassing even Tsukuyomi. It causes permanent blindness in the Sharingan, though.

-Madara speculates that the arm was developed by Orochimaru (maybe to replace his missing arm?), and even the activation time was developed by Orochimaru.

-Danzou, fearing the overuse of Izanagi, summons a giant ant-eater/tapir (I wasn't quite sure from the pics) who proceeds to suck up everything surrounding it, including Sasuke if he was not using Susano'o.

-Sasuke uses a fire technique to injury the Tapir. During the interval of Sasuke's attack, Susano'o falls, and Danzou rushes in for the killing blow.

-Karin figures out the activation time of Danzou's Izanagi, but realizes that the battle will be too long for Sasuke to adequately use the information. The only way to decrease the activation time is to constantly attack Danzou, forcing him to wear out the eyes.

-Sasuke charges at Danzou and both strike each other at the same time.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-01-20 at 09:51.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 03:15   Link #2
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

First lol.
Old 2010-01-19, 04:10   Link #3
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I think this is one of the last chapters of the fight betven Sasuke and Danzo. Maybe one more or two if we are lucky.
Old 2010-01-19, 04:25   Link #4
Aqua Knight

^
Yeah I think this one will end with an obvious cliffhanger and 480 would be the conclusion, and then maybe 1 chapter of talk .
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 04:54   Link #5
valk0v

Madara will probably join the fight this time, because sasuke is a goner ...
valk0v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 05:24   Link #6
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Maybe we will finaly see some of Madara's jutsu, beside his teleporting thing he does.
Old 2010-01-19, 05:42   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm expecting Sasuke to strive a little more and the chapter ending with Danzou going on the counterattack. Should have some Naruto in between the fighting.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 10:42   Link #8
Fran~
floating away...

Karin will use her sharingan to save the day
Old 2010-01-19, 10:51   Link #9
darkmaster074
------

darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 10:52   Link #10
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'm expecting Sasuke to strive a little more and the chapter ending with Danzou going on the counterattack. Should have some Naruto in between the fighting.
Wasn't that the last chapter? lol

I was a bit confused by 478's ending. Was Izanagi a technique that Danzou was about to perform (offensive), or was Madara just referring to his ability to come out of attacks unscathed at the cost of a sharringan (if so, a bit sad because I don't think any of us didn't notice that after the first manga covering the fight)?
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 11:11   Link #11
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilis View Post
I was a bit confused by 478's ending. Was Izanagi a technique that Danzou was about to perform (offensive), or was Madara just referring to his ability to come out of attacks unscathed at the cost of a sharringan (if so, a bit sad because I don't think any of us didn't notice that after the first manga covering the fight)?
It's still unclear exactly what Izanagi is...so just wait a few hours to find out .
Old 2010-01-19, 16:04   Link #12
Nite-Wing

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's still unclear exactly what Izanagi is...so just wait a few hours to find out .
I believe Mandara and Karin described the jutsu he used and what happens to his chakra when he loses a sharingan.
This technique is called Izanagi
Madara confirmed it and Karin described what was happening while he used it.
The only person left who needs to clarify what the technique does is Danzo.

I'm curious as to how much longer sasuke can last after using sasanoo for so long.
I have to say I'm confused as to what level hes at. One minute hes better than itachi and capable of doing things hes never done before and the next minute his techniques dont even compare to Itachi's
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 16:32   Link #13
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster074 View Post
Waaaiiiiiit

Hold on a sec,

He did not say what he just said.

Madara just cant be anything but the bad guy at this moment
Old 2010-01-19, 16:57   Link #14
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Waaaiiiiiit

Hold on a sec,

He did not say what he just said.

Madara just cant be anything but the bad guy at this moment
What'd he say? "Sasuke, on second thought my plan sucks and Danzou looks stronger than me anyway. I think Naruto truly understands my pain so I'm going to go live out the rest of my life protecting those who are important people to me. Danzou you can probably turn your words around and convince Sasuke to be your evil minion... it's really not so hard".
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 18:03   Link #15
Hiking_Bear

I was thinking that Madara would start fighting Danzou himself. Danzou is only halfway through his lives and Sasuke's already shown us his strongest attacks, even his new upgraded attack. There doesn't seem to be anything left for Sasuke to do against Danzou. I'm looking forward to Danzou and Madara joint storytime and an explanation for that creepy Hashirama face on Danzou's shoulder. How did Danzou get that exactly? Did he kill Hashirama or is that face just some cloned body part from one of Orochimaru's experiments?

I went back to look, and I wasn't sure whether Danzou has 5 lives left or 6. He was killed 5 times, but only 4 eyes have closed.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 18:28   Link #16
Fran~
floating away...

About the eyes, again, is not clear that a kill means one eye closed, he is opening and closening them.
Old 2010-01-19, 18:31   Link #17
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
About the eyes, again, is not clear that a kill means one eye closed, he is opening and closening them.
Where is it shown he is opening them?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 19:08   Link #18
ragnos007

Spoiler for the izanagi and madaras survival:
Old 2010-01-19, 21:16   Link #19
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Maybe Izanagi is a technique where all three MS technique's can be used at once... Amaterasu from the left eye, Tsukiyomi from the right and Susanoo creeping out from the nose like he did from his daddy Izanagi lol.
Old 2010-01-19, 21:59   Link #20
james0246

^Sasuke has already used Amaterasu with Susano'o with seemingly no added effect on Sasuke (besides the obvious drain). So, I doubt it is a combination attack using all MS techniques...

...actually, Danzou has never been shown to have the MS...

Tags
weekly chapter discussion