AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-05, 22:54   Link #41
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
To be fair, not all tsun-tsuns are incapable of preparing a meal. More like, most anime females can't cook for shit even if their lives depend on it. This includes even the most romantically-inclined, the most abiding, sacrificial or cutest characters around.

Unless of course, the character is Belldandy.

On the other hand, many tsun-tsuns can indeed cook. Kyou from Clannad, for example.

- Tak
I knew there was another reason I loved Asa-Sempai from Shuffle....

Not much to say about Alicia, except she's still not giving Welkin much credit. I know we're not that deep into the story, but the guy's clearly the sharpest tool strategy wise in the shed at this point. She's going to have to start thinking about what all Squad 7 has just accomplished with him and start believing in him soon or she's just going to be second place behind his 'adopted sister' for me.
Old 2009-05-09, 01:10   Link #42
hamstar
just passing by

Spoiler for her future:

tsundere is great for anime not for real life....unless you are into that $hit.
Old 2009-05-11, 12:36   Link #43
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
Spoiler for her future:
Spoiler for Her Future:

Or is that not what you were talking about?
Old 2009-05-11, 13:06   Link #44
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Spoiler for Her Future:

Or is that not what you were talking about?
Spoiler for Future Alicia:
Old 2009-05-12, 21:06   Link #45
justinstrife

My opinion of Alicia in the anime has fallen big time after episode 6. Girl needs to take a SERIOUS chill pill.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:12   Link #46
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
My opinion of Alicia in the anime has fallen big time after episode 6. Girl needs to take a SERIOUS chill pill.
It starting to get to me as well. I mean its funny and all, but after a while it just makes me become a tad bit annoyed of her. The fact that she seems to be getting more over the top as the show goes on doesn't help the matter either.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:43   Link #47
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Flanderization: Arguably the easiest way to "kill" a character.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:44   Link #48
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I feel the same way. She has gone way up and over. Its time to calm down a bit, before I lose all pity I have for her for being who she really is, later on...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-13, 00:07   Link #49
justinstrife

Her facial expressions cracked me up. But that's ALL she had going for her this episode. I just wanted to slap her and tell her to go sit in the corner and let the adults talk.
Old 2009-05-13, 00:27   Link #50
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I feel the same way. She has gone way up and over. Its time to calm down a bit, before I lose all pity I have for her for being who she really is, later on...

- Tak

You're cold, no matter how annoying she might have become in the anime the only one who truly deserves to suffer in VC is max and no one else.
Old 2009-05-13, 01:49   Link #51
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
You're cold, no matter how annoying she might have become in the anime the only one who truly deserves to suffer in VC is max and no one else.
Spoiler for Others:
Old 2009-05-13, 01:54   Link #52
kalbron

Edit: Heh, beaten by Runty.
Old 2009-05-13, 04:06   Link #53
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

This girl reminds me of Nina, but for some reasons. . I don't like her very much. Except for some few parts, like when she glares at Jaeger during the taking the base scene. Where she was surrounded by flames, her expression had left me some good impressions to her.

Old 2009-05-13, 07:32   Link #54
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Cold? Bah! At this point,

Spoiler for Click:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-13, 11:32   Link #55
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Spoiler for Others:
yeah they suck too...but none of those bastards except for max...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-02, 11:30   Link #56
KimmyChan

I love Alicia! She's my favourite character in Valkyria Chronicles! She's really sweet! ^__^
Old 2009-06-08, 16:32   Link #57
Velsy

I cant beleive a few of you are carrying on like pork chops over her personality.

Shes not a *aww I broke a finger nail" girl and shes not tsundre (if you want Tsunder, go watch Toradora)

Its is the fact because shes willing lead form the front into battle make her tuff and Tsunder ? no.

I've not played the game (wouldnt mind checking it out now) but I've really enjoyed her char so far. I think shes fine as it is. Wasnt until the 3rd ep I realized , hey this is the voice from kana O_O (well took me a few mins to peice it together) but I think the voice is cute.

guess to sum it up. I think they have done a nice job by not having a weak girl, but not a tuff brute girl. But a Girl that will do her job in a firefight and still acts like a girl.

I was also curious to why its said she heals faster than anyone else, thought thay may of hinted a possible *holy* herritage O_o . Would be nice to see something special about her. Also hoping she starts lifting her rifle up to he head and shoots, Give her a more tallented female approach.

ps - I <3 the facial expressions from her ! reminds me of moments with Onizuka in GTO

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2009-06-08 at 16:44.
Old 2009-06-09, 07:11   Link #58
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I cant beleive a few of you are carrying on like pork chops over her personality.

Shes not a *aww I broke a finger nail" girl and shes not tsundre (if you want Tsunder, go watch Toradora)
The calls of "Tsundere!!!" are (mostly) from the people who played the game and are comparing Alicia's character between the two media. She definitely takes a tsundere tilt upon her move to the anime... but I'm hopeful about her character development. And that doesn't actually make her the tsundere archetype, it just makes her much closer to it than she was in the original medium.

I currently believe her character was better portrayed in the game, but the anime still has time to impress me.
Old 2009-06-09, 19:38   Link #59
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
That exactly what makes her tsundere archetype you know. There are original tsundere's and neo tsundere's. Original development is linear - the go from angry/not friendly to friendly/nice one's and do not return to being mean again, while a neo tsundere's are developing in spiral - they slowly move to being nicer, but they usually always switch between mean and nice.

Alicia lacks personality strength to be a good tsundere, yet she still has quite some of tsundere qualities that are more visible when you compare her arguably more plain game version with anime one.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:17   Link #60
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

hmm twin pony tail, brown hair.............i'm really sure she is a tsundere

I dunno bout you guys but the first impression when I saw her is...... Souryu Asuka Langley......
Closed Thread