AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-08, 17:58   Link #241
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
How many of those are Chinese fishing boats or Junks?
Some 10 fishing boats and 3 smaller vessel. Others only surveillance ships.

They cant stay forever, they will run out of fuel from their very long distance of the mainland.
Old 2012-05-08, 19:23   Link #242
sa547
*Author

^
As far as supplies are concerned, they'll probably send a naval supply and refueling ship to keep on squatting.

By the time they're done, whatever is left of that reef would be nothing but coral rubble and garbage thrown over to the side.
Old 2012-05-08, 20:00   Link #243
Athena
The Power of One

BTW, an island being close to a country does not mean it belongs to that country. For example, Bora Bora isn't the closest to France...
Old 2012-05-08, 20:11   Link #244
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
^
As far as supplies are concerned, they'll probably send a naval supply and refueling ship to keep on squatting.

By the time they're done, whatever is left of that reef would be nothing but coral rubble and garbage thrown over to the side.
If they keep sending 10 or 20 ship back and fourth everyday and night there oil reservation for other transportation will starve.
Old 2012-05-08, 21:06   Link #245
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
BTW, an island being close to a country does not mean it belongs to that country. For example, Bora Bora isn't the closest to France...
It's a shoal. China isn't claiming just that but they claim due to historical claims and navigation they own the South China Sea.

Spoiler for China's South Sea Claims: Fact or Fiction?:

China's argument is that since our ancient and fallen dynasties made such claims it must be true to the present thus all that we see is ours. That's like claiming since your ancestor own that piece of land in Roman times automatically means you own it too.

Basically they still think they are the Middle Kingdom and the rest of the world should pay fealty. Well that attitude didn't work with the British when the Opium wars happened.

Why do they think it would happen today?

The joke with China is that it is has always been slow to accept change. In its resistance to change it got rolled over by outsiders.
Old 2012-05-08, 23:30   Link #246
PzIVf3

The Philippines an inherent part of China's sovereign territory LOL
Old 2012-05-08, 23:44   Link #247
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Can't understand Chinese, but so it's just a misunderstand?

As based on what it seems, China recognised that Scarbough belonged to the Philippines after all. It's just that the Chinese government believed Philippines are a part of them?
Old 2012-05-08, 23:47   Link #248
LeoXiao
思想工作

lol , if you watch it to the end it talks about how the Filipinos will have to eventually give in anyway because so much of their banana crop depends on Chinese business. It's like saying "oh and if you didn't believe the sovereignty BS we tried to feed you earlier, well guess what! we're boss, what're you gonna do about it?"

Disclaimer: My comprehension skills of news-level Mandarin isn't very good, could've gotten something wrong there.

Quote:
The joke with China is that it is has always been slow to accept change. In its resistance to change it got rolled over by outsiders.
Well to be fair that's what happened to most countries that aren't European. Look at the Philippines itself , it got totally owned by Western expansion.
Old 2012-05-09, 00:07   Link #249
flying ^

looks like there's gonna be massive protest... not just in the Philippines

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-fi...s-china-may-11
Old 2012-05-09, 00:16   Link #250
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
lol , if you watch it to the end it talks about how the Filipinos will have to eventually give in anyway because so much of their banana crop depends on Chinese business.....
and certainly not ending getting whacked like this.....

Old 2012-05-09, 00:39   Link #251
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
This picture of China's island claims is also ridiculous
Spoiler:

a lot of analysis on China's claim. Anyone want to filled me in on the basis of Philippine's claim?
Old 2012-05-09, 01:02   Link #252
Sumeragi
Banned

Scarborough Shoal: Early as the Spanish colonization of the Philippines, Filipino fishermen were already using the area as a traditional fishing ground and shelter during bad weather.

Spratly Islands: It's close to Palawan, and is a natural extension.
Old 2012-05-09, 01:16   Link #253
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

a lot of analysis on China's claim. Anyone want to filled me in on the basis of Philippine's claim?
Oh, come on. Both are within 200 nautical miles of the Philippines. Definitely we have a basis for our claims. But look at PRC claims!!!

I hope this will not lead to another Sangley Rebellion in the Philippine sif PRC starts to move militarily http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangley_rebellion

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-05-09 at 03:17.
Old 2012-05-09, 02:56   Link #254
sa547
*Author

As of now:

* The local weather bureau's website has been hacked.
* A major TV channel's website is possibly being assaulted with DDoS (as I can't access the site) at this very moment.
Old 2012-05-09, 03:25   Link #255
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I hope this will not lead to another Sangley Rebellion in the Philippine sif PRC starts to move militarily http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangley_rebellion
Oh, that rebellion, it because of Koxinga's ridiculous claim that the Philippines is owned and should pay tribute to him who is once an admiral of China's Ming Dynasty.

It only end up with 24,000 chinese killed by Spaniards, Filipino and Japanese.

Quote:
Well to be fair that's what happened to most countries that aren't European. Look at the Philippines itself , it got totally owned by Western expansion.
Do you meant we're literally "owned"? Just because PRC is a superpower with its leaders have such minds of mongoloids? Well, sorry PRC, you suck when you accept communism!
Old 2012-05-09, 05:18   Link #256
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Scarborough Shoal: Early as the Spanish colonization of the Philippines, Filipino fishermen were already using the area as a traditional fishing ground and shelter during bad weather.

Spratly Islands: It's close to Palawan, and is a natural extension.
The claims showing mostly on Spratly Islands and seems to be about the traditional fishing ground and shelter during bad weather of seamen back then.

Is does not satisfiy China claim through, considering that i don't think they will go so far back then for fishing
Old 2012-05-09, 09:26   Link #257
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
Do you meant we're literally "owned"? Just because PRC is a superpower with its leaders have such minds of mongoloids? Well, sorry PRC, you suck when you accept communism!
Well, yes, the Philippines were literally "owned" by the West until what, 70 years ago?

And I never said that China didn't have similar problems, just that to single out China for having "old ways" is stupid.
Old 2012-05-09, 10:59   Link #258
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
lol , if you watch it to the end it talks about how the Filipinos will have to eventually give in anyway because so much of their banana crop depends on Chinese business. It's like saying "oh and if you didn't believe the sovereignty BS we tried to feed you earlier, well guess what! we're boss, what're you gonna do about it?"

Disclaimer: My comprehension skills of news-level Mandarin isn't very good, could've gotten something wrong there.
Yes, that's what it basically says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The rumor might possible true according to wiki source.

A guided missile frigate. This looks tougher than i imagine.
Spoiler for Lupo Class:

Additional Info:
Its seem the PN are now addicted mode of seeking of a new anti-ship cruise missile for F-16 or frigates. Also they will purchase of highly cost submarine (Holy shi_).
I rather you all get a strong sub force. Against a superior surface navy, area denial via air and undersea power may prove more efficient.
Old 2012-05-09, 11:09   Link #259
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Just a question: What is the biggest basis in owning the islands? Historical background (Philippines and China seems to have both though moreso on the Philippines), population (I don't think anyone lives there), how close is it to the country (Philippines would win there), or something that I honestly do not know? I'm sorta serious since I really don't know so will someone care to elaborate?

Though common sense (my common sense) would definitely tell me that China can't have hold on this. Besides threatening the Philippines with the holds they have on the country, China's way too far and I doubt they're getting it for "historical" reasons.
Old 2012-05-09, 11:21   Link #260
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

China's claim is on history as serveral Pervious Dynasty have Claim those islands as a part of the Chinese Empire. The Republic of China (under both the Nationalist and Communist) have reiterate those claims several times in the 20th Century.

Philippines claims is both proximity. the Philippines did not make a formal claim until the 1970s.

besides China and the Philippines, both Vietnam and Malaysia also claim those islands.