AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-01, 19:24   Link #361
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Maybe he might continue the story after graduation, university SOS birgade sounds promosing
Old 2006-08-02, 08:38   Link #362
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
In overall the novels is a well balanced tasted storyline.
thats why most people are mad into it because IT IS SOOOOO GREAT that its worth every dollar i spent.
and er....

Vallen you said:
Mikuru being a senpai means there is only two years before the story needs to end, as the SOS dan will be broken up without her. As it was, there is already 2/3 of a year gone.

Lol, imagine the possibilities Haruhi can do...
"Mikuru! You'll be retaining in school for another few years till we graduate! Or rather, we'll retain till we're kicked out of school instead! Isn't that fun?"
"No... Nooo~!"
Haruhi, you're outta your mind.
"Thats Haruhi that we know, what a genius."
Don't push her further, Itsuki.
"...."
Nagato, why don't you say something to stop her instead of staring at the book. I know you're listening.
"That settles! Kyon, you'll be skipping classes with me from now on! You guys too! Don't go to class from now on, alright? Ok!"

lmao, sorry, Haruhiism on my mind >.>
Old 2006-08-03, 09:36   Link #363
Sundae
Nightmare 'rings

Umm... newcomers here
I've watched Haruhi ep 1-4, but there's like a chapter gap or something between them
In the beginning of chapter 4, Koizumi's suddenly there without any explanation of where he come from. And Kyon acting like all of those magic etc etc are just natural
Am I missing an episode ? Or do I have to read the novels ?

Last edited by Sundae; 2006-08-03 at 10:01.
Old 2006-08-03, 09:38   Link #364
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
Umm... newcomers here
I've watched Haruhi ep 1-4, but there's like a chapter gap or something between them
In the beginning of chapter 4, Itsuki's suddenly there without any explanation of where he come from. And Kyon acting like all of those magic etc etc are just natural
Am I missing an episode ? Or do I have to read the novels ?
Remember to watch the previews.

Haruhi will announce the episode number of airing.

Kyon will announce the episode number of chronology.
Old 2006-08-03, 10:02   Link #365
Sundae
Nightmare 'rings

hmm.... I watched it again and....
Isn't it vice versa ?
Haruhi announce the episode number of chronology and Kyon announce the number of airing ?
Old 2006-08-03, 10:06   Link #366
Skane
Anime Snark

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
hmm.... I watched it again and....
Isn't it vice versa ?
Haruhi announce the episode number of chronology and Kyon announce the number of airing ?
Ah whoops, brain malfunction.

Yes, yes. My mistake.

Haruhi's announcement is chronological, Kyon's is by order of airing.
Old 2006-08-03, 12:30   Link #367
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Ah whoops, brain malfunction.

Yes, yes. My mistake.

Haruhi's announcement is chronological, Kyon's is by order of airing.
Is there a reason writers felt like putting the series in the scrambled up order? I mean, sure you still understand some parts to it, like the melancholy series ends at the end of epi. 14. but the ordering of the other episodes make it confusing sometimes. You might need a guide just to follow Kyon's version of the last episode and Haruhi's version of the last episode (okay maybe not Kyon's...)

Is there going to be a possible sequal to the anime? Many things have been left hanging after the last episode!
Old 2006-08-03, 13:03   Link #368
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

1) the scrambled up order is tactic used to disorient the viewer so that they're getting a 'point of view' like a puzzle to be assembled (kind of like Kyon's confusion).
2) it also permits a nice build up of tension.

The technique has been used by a number of literary authors before.

Its fun to watch it in airing order and then go back and watch it in chronological order. The lists are available in the sticky threads.

Everyone hopes for a sequel but KyoAni has Kanon 2006 and maybe another series before they can get back to Haruhi .... the popularity seems to have caught them offguard.

I suggest avoiding the novels until after you've seen the series ... otherwise you might be annoyed that some scenes weren't in the anime
Old 2006-08-03, 13:08   Link #369
martino
makes no files now

I might be a bit late here. Just for my curiosity:
Has there been any official/unofficial word on a new series?(not that I'm expecting any, the series has a very good end in fact)
Old 2006-08-03, 13:20   Link #370
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
1) the scrambled up order is tactic used to disorient the viewer so that they're getting a 'point of view' like a puzzle to be assembled (kind of like Kyon's confusion).
2) it also permits a nice build up of tension.

The technique has been used by a number of literary authors before.

Its fun to watch it in airing order and then go back and watch it in chronological order. The lists are available in the sticky threads.

Everyone hopes for a sequel but KyoAni has Kanon 2006 and maybe another series before they can get back to Haruhi .... the popularity seems to have caught them offguard.

I suggest avoiding the novels until after you've seen the series ... otherwise you might be annoyed that some scenes weren't in the anime
I see. Well, it was an interesting way to pull viewers into watching it.

Hopefully they do get back to Haruhi and get a sequal going. Is there any "official" English site that talks about what's on with the anime?

I Understand what u mean my the manga. Cuz mangas always have more than the anime, which is a good side it manga. I've already watch it all. So I'm fine. Anybody have a torrent link?
Old 2006-08-03, 15:36   Link #371
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
Anyone knows romaji lyrics for all this series' song? If there are the translations as well, its a plus.
Old 2006-08-03, 17:28   Link #372
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Also be aware that the anime is based on *novels* ... not manga.... as in "all text with a few illustrations" novel.

There's a translation project going on in thread close by this one (using a wiki collaboration).

There is a manga being made but it was started in parallel to the anime and the novels came first.
Old 2006-08-03, 23:15   Link #373
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke13
Is there a reason writers felt like putting the series in the scrambled up order? I mean, sure you still understand some parts to it, like the melancholy series ends at the end of epi. 14. but the ordering of the other episodes make it confusing sometimes. You might need a guide just to follow Kyon's version of the last episode and Haruhi's version of the last episode (okay maybe not Kyon's...)

Is there going to be a possible sequal to the anime? Many things have been left hanging after the last episode!
The show is arranged in this way to specially provide the optimum character and story development and the strongest climax at the end.

To be able accept and grasp the reason why the episodes are arranged this way, you must have sufficient understanding of the characters and the story. To achieve that, simply rewatch over and over again, each time watching more carefully than before. Still there's too much information on the screen for one single person to fully observe, which is why the episode discussion threads are important. That is where everyone's observations are gathered, reading those threads will greatly increase your appreciation for the show and everything in it. Every single detail in this show has significant meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steno
Anyone knows romaji lyrics for all this series' song? If there are the translations as well, its a plus.
Some of us has been romanising and translating lyrics in the Music Discussion thread.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-08-04 at 05:27.
Old 2006-08-03, 23:28   Link #374
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
The show is arranged in this way to specially provide the optimum character and story development and the strongest climax at the end.

To be able accept and grasp the reason why the episodes are arranged this way, you must have sufficient understand of the characters and the story. To achieve that, simply rewatch over and over again, each time watching more carefully than before. Still there's too much information on the screen for one single person to fully observe, which is why the episode discussion threads are important. That is where everyone's observations are gathered, reading those threads will greatly increase your appreciation for the show and everything in it. Every single detail in this show has significant meaning.
So, if he did that, would he be able to write a doctoral thesis based on the anime?
Old 2006-08-03, 23:29   Link #375
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Not yet, because the next step would be novels

Old 2006-08-04, 00:22   Link #376
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Considering from all the information you guys all scrounged up from the novel, anime and manga, I'd say you can make 2 book reports on Haruhi. One for the actual story and one for the info not normally seen. ^^*
Old 2006-08-04, 00:35   Link #377
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

We don't scrounge for info lol, its the teachings for Haruhiism, we are taught by the Novels and the anime.

The Novels to Haruhiism, is like the Bible is to Christianity.

Old 2006-08-04, 00:57   Link #378
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As you've also no doubt noticed..... C.A. is completely bonkers for Haruhi .... or just plays the role well.

We're not completely serious here but we do think highly of the show..... or perhaps we're rabid cultists seeking to draw others in .... who can tell?
Old 2006-08-04, 01:01   Link #379
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

LOL, certain anime chars who which we admire, lkinda ike Haruhi, are always the special types that we hope to see in RL. ^^*
Old 2006-08-04, 02:10   Link #380
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

On HF forums there was a thread called human book:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire from HF forums
In Ray Bradbury's novel "Fahrenheit 451" (1966) the world has become regressive all books are deemed illegal and are burnt and anyone caught with a book is severally punished. In the latter half of the story the protagonist meets a group of people who have preserved the great works of the past by storing them word for word into memory.

If you could be a human book which book would you be and why?
I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
I would remember every single word and all the images of Haruhi's novels. I would then tell myself a chapter of the story every night before going to bed.
Yep maybe this shall be the goal of my life, to remember the novels entirely. Maybe I should take up Korean and read the Korean version as well lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
As you've also no doubt noticed..... C.A. is completely bonkers for Haruhi .... or just plays the role well.

We're not completely serious here but we do think highly of the show..... or perhaps we're rabid cultists seeking to draw others in .... who can tell?
Yep we can't, I can't tell myself either.

Kyon said Itsuki's acting during his play(Rosencrantz and Guildenstern) doesn't look like he was acting at all, it looks like he was acting normally.

Also, like Haruhi said, Itsuki may be a girl in disguise, we do not know.

Not sure what I'm typing here, but the Haruhi subforum needs to be more active.

Closed Thread