AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-03-07, 09:30   Link #501
Westlo
Lets be reality

I honestly have no idea why she would win that, maybe she's done something that's become big in other countries like China or Korea?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 09:49   Link #502
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Suspected much on the actors, though MikiShin was a bit out of the blue, but I admit I don't really pay attention in/remember FMA:B/G00, so little of knowledge on that.

And thousand of my love goes to Maeno Tomoaki for winning the newcomer award, that's for sure. <333 Though honestly I don't really care about the series nomination anymore-I practically felt good-neutral on the anime voicing counterpart of his.

My biggest gripe is on K-ON!'s CVs as best singers, but eh, who cares. It's not like the awards K-ON! are winning is not already rubbing me off anyway :<

Totally baffled at Saiga Mitsuki's award as much as I like her so much--not even a single trace of any series these recent year that generally is popular. And as much as KKM is popular overseas, I have some doubts about it and Wolfram being that popular now (again, knowing where the votes come from). I can't see how in any angle! ~_~;;

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 23:40   Link #503
Dark Paladin X

My favorite english VA is Johnny Yong Bosch (other one happens to be James Arnold Taylor, but he isn't really much of a regular in anime due to legal issues). Here are some of my whacky ideas for JYB (some are thought up by others):

To Aru Majutsu no Index: Accelerator
Sumomomo Momomo: Tenka Koganei
Kobato.: Ioryogi
Toradora!: Ryūji Takasu
Umineko no Naku Koro ni: Battler
Durarara!!: Izaya Orihara or Shinra Kishitani
Hayate the Combat Butler!: Puppet Butler (meant as a shoutout to Lelouch Lamperouge) and Himuro Saeki
Katekyo Hitman Reborn: Takeshi Yamamoto
Kuroshitsuji: Sebastian or Grell
Kimi ni Todoke: Shouta Kazehaya
Special A: Kei Takishima
Axis Powers Hetalia: America
Amatsuki: Tokidoki Rikugou

Too bad that JYB isn't voicing Tomoya Okazaki from CLANNAD. I mean, it would have been really nice then.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 19:19   Link #504
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
For a seiyuu idol who doesn't rely on signing like Nana or Minorin, I'd agree that Yukarin is one of the better seiyuu. Trying to think of moe seiyuu idol and Hanazawa Kana coming to mind first makes me want to stab my ears. Yukarin has messed up somehow singing Little Wish about 5 times now, so yay for not messing up at Anisama! Yukarin looks like she's having fun sometimes at her concerts, but the Anisama thing was just wahhhhhh, even Nana asking her if she's okay.... D:

Seiyuu can still barely pay their bills, ohohohoh~ orz

I think she'd.... sound better than Hocchan? *shot* Maybe go off-tune every now and then, but more consistent singing on the whole. In the making of videos for Anisama 2009, even though it sounds like you're underwater when you're backstage, you can really hear the difference between Hocchan's medley vs the actual set and not so much with Nana and Yukarin. I seriously doubt they'd go through the trouble of autotuning these side things. :/

tbh, I haven't heard much Granrodeo. Just the Kurokami songs come to mind and, uh.... Duet with Kuribayashi Minami from Anisama '08 was it? I have the BDs and I don't really remember, what. >_<;

T-T-There's a seiyuu thread? ;A;? I don't crawl out much from my Nanoha sub-forum and I think it's showing....[/spoiler]Capybara x Yukarin duet too, plz. No idea on chara songs. Wish Yukarin's site updated like Nana's. :|
Yup, we're getting too off topic. I'll be more calm over here.

I can't think of a moe moe seiyuu that sings better then Yukarin either...She messed up Little Wish 5 times...despite it's her title song? That is indeed quite amazing in its own way . But like I said before, Ayumi Hamasaki managed to forget the lyrics to a WHOLE verse. Yukarin must have worked hard to get her singing to this level, I can actually tell she improved.

Nana sounds pretty much the same since she was eight....She sometimes sound worse nowadays, most likely due to her workload. But it looks she's taking up less roles lately, she's not in any new series this season. She's only in Pretty Cure, Naruto and FMA:Brotherhood as far as I know. She got Kuroshitsuji at summer, but by then FMA:B would have ended. Looks like she's practically only taking roles in more mainstream series for more exposure...Seeing Nana in shows I actually *care* about is great. Pretty Cure was a nice surprise, Kuroshijitsu was just a plain 'WTF?!'. Is Nana is trying to increase more female fans?

How the heck did she get two days at Seibu Dome? I'll be expecting something similar to Live Fighter.

Animelo is autotuned REALLY well. I'm surprised you managed to catch how off Hocchan's 'YAHHO~ YAHHO~' were just from the making. I always thought Hocchan was an okay seiyuu singer, I've changed my mind. I don't trust King Records anymore...

I assume that different concert DVDs are autotuned differently, hence Hirano Aya sounded terrible in her own tour DVD yet sounded pretty decent with Animelo...

Granrodeo are quite good, their music are pretty consistant. Their music tend to lie on the heavy side, which ain't my cup of tea. I like their rock ballards and smoe anison sounding like song. Taniyama Kisho's vocals are top notch. I haven't heard a better male seiyuu when it comes to singing. Miyano Mamoru is kinda the male counterpart of Yukarin. From the few lives I heard from him, he's in tune. But he lacks the 'if this song wasn't sung by him it wouldn't been as good'. Gentleman = moe moe counterpart...-cough-

Just sort of random. Does anyone know how much a seiyuu is paid for radio show or a concert/event appearence?
Old 2010-04-06, 20:38   Link #505
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

FREEEEEEEDO-m Sugita! yeah, no wonder I never saw this thread the rare time I peek in here....
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I can't think of a moe moe seiyuu that sings better then Yukarin either...She messed up Little Wish 5 times...despite it's her title song? That is indeed quite amazing in its own way . But like I said before, Ayumi Hamasaki managed to forget the lyrics to a WHOLE verse. Yukarin must have worked hard to get her singing to this level, I can actually tell she improved.
She's performed it like, nine or ten times and has:
- cried during the song three times.
- technically, she didn't cry during another performance, but she made the crowd sing an entire verse and you could tell she wanted to cry, lol.
- fumbled the lyrics at least once. As much of a Yukarin fan I am, I don't know the language and lyrics well enough to catch when she's said the wrong thing. It was actually because of that twitter event thing she had a month ago and pointed at that she messed up the lyrics at budokan that I knew. orz

She also got her dress caught on the stage at budokan for a different song and forgot to sing unhooking herself, rofl.
Quote:
Nana sounds pretty much the same since she was eight....She sometimes sound worse nowadays, most likely due to her workload. But it looks she's taking up less roles lately, she's not in any new series this season. She's only in Pretty Cure, Naruto and FMA:Brotherhood as far as I know. She got Kuroshitsuji at summer, but by then FMA:B would have ended. Looks like she's practically only taking roles in more mainstream series for more exposure...Seeing Nana in shows I actually *care* about is great. Pretty Cure was a nice surprise, Kuroshijitsu was just a plain 'WTF?!'. Is Nana is trying to increase more female fans?
Did you watch her on Say!You Young? They showed clips of Live Academy. The nasally voice went up a notch. It's.... weird.

Mm, she is getting an increase in female fans and ikemen boya if those TV clips aren't picking out the prettier ones of the bunch.

Still need to finish Kuroshitsuji I, but ergh. I'll just watch II for Sakurai. >_>; .... Didn't I start Kuroshitsuji I for Ono-D, hmm.
Quote:
How the heck did she get two days at Seibu Dome? I'll be expecting something similar to Live Fighter.
Haha, a friend made a comment how Live Fever goods funded her rent for Live Diamond. Don't remember what she said about Live Academy goods.

Turning mainstream must be awesome, nyeh. Two da- How did Hocchan get two days at budokan again?
Quote:
Animelo is autotuned REALLY well. I'm surprised you managed to catch how off Hocchan's 'YAHHO~ YAHHO~' were just from the making. I always thought Hocchan was an okay seiyuu singer, I've changed my mind. I don't trust King Records anymore...
Of course it's done really well. Why do you think it takes so lo- norly, ever since a friend pointed it out, I've been rather paranoid whenever I hear Hocchan singing. @_@;
Quote:
I assume that different concert DVDs are autotuned differently, hence Hirano Aya sounded terrible in her own tour DVD yet sounded pretty decent with Animelo...
Could be the people who produce the thing, right? Not familiar with this stuff, but Hirano is signed to Lantis and King Records did the Anisama DVDs/BDs.
Quote:
Granrodeo are quite good, their music are pretty consistant. Their music tend to lie on the heavy side, which ain't my cup of tea. I like their rock ballards and smoe anison sounding like song. Taniyama Kisho's vocals are top notch. I haven't heard a better male seiyuu when it comes to singing. Miyano Mamoru is kinda the male counterpart of Yukarin. From the few lives I heard from him, he's in tune. But he lacks the 'if this song wasn't sung by him it wouldn't been as good'. Gentleman = moe moe counterpart...-cough-
Aye, KISHOW made me giggle during Making Of, but I kind of zzzskiptoprettygirls when I was on my Anisama spree.... Ergh, not as familiar with male seiyuu. ._.

Keep AGO away from my Yukarinnnnn. ;A;
Quote:
Just sort of random. Does anyone know how much a seiyuu is paid for radio show or a concert/event appearence?
Wish I knew this. I'm guessing the stipend depends on the seiyuu and agency/label. :V Either way, Nana is making quite a bit of money to fund her other hobbies....

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 07:45   Link #506
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
FREEEEEEEDO-m Sugita! yeah, no wonder I never saw this thread the rare time I peek in here....She's performed it like, nine or ten times and has:
- cried during the song three times.
- technically, she didn't cry during another performance, but she made the crowd sing an entire verse and you could tell she wanted to cry, lol.
- fumbled the lyrics at least once. As much of a Yukarin fan I am, I don't know the language and lyrics well enough to catch when she's said the wrong thing. It was actually because of that twitter event thing she had a month ago and pointed at that she messed up the lyrics at budokan that I knew. orz
That screams moe...honestly. I cannot think of another word to describe it.

Talking about Sugita, have you heard his version of Renai Circulation? I love him lampshading his 'close' relationship with Nakamura Yuuichi...He is made of pure win.

Quote:
Did you watch her on Say!You Young? They showed clips of Live Academy. The nasally voice went up a notch. It's.... weird.
Yup of course I've seen it. I'll let Nana off for singing enka nasally, since I don't know a thing about it. But Power Gate was really really really weird. I commented on youtube whether she had a cold on the day...a Japanese fan answered me in ....erm...engrish that she had a 4hr concert. Ah...Nanatards

Quote:
Mm, she is getting an increase in female fans and ikemen boya if those TV clips aren't picking out the prettier ones of the bunch.
It really scares me that I 'noticed' Nana-chan since I was 13...@_@;; Blame me for thinking Nanoha was a normal mahou shoujo like Cardcaptor Sakura...

There are more girls in Live Diamond compared to Live Fighter. So I guess there is a slight increase of girls. She does have more casual female fans...but apparently in the smallest leg of Live Acadamy, there was only 15 girls out of 1200 people? Most the obessive ones are still guys. Can't be helped when Johnny boys are more popular...never understoof the point of Johnnies other then writing yaoi fanfiction on them.

Quote:
Turning mainstream must be awesome, nyeh. Two da- How did Hocchan get two days at budokan again?
Of course it's done really well. Why do you think it takes so lo- norly, ever since a friend pointed it out, I've been rather paranoid whenever I hear Hocchan singing. @_@;Could be the people who produce the thing, right?
Not familiar with this stuff, but Hirano is signed to Lantis and King Records did the Anisama DVDs/BDs.
How did Hocchan get 2 days in Budokan I have no idea. I saw the 2nd day was a sell out, not sure about the 1st day. But I didn't like Live Diamond on DVD/BD, there was too much echo and the otagei wasn't very clear. Wouldn't 2 days in Saitama Super Arena in Statium mode be better? King Records pimping Nana again . Tokyo Dome soon enough?

Lantis is learning to pimp their artists too. They have Granrodeo and Minorin in Budokan soon enough.

Lantis sucks at making DVD/BD. Look at Animelo 2007, crappy special effects. Minorin's Contact Tour had a lack of otagei, Hirano Aya's riot tour probably was barely autotuned. Granrodeo's DVD wasn't half bad though, but that's because there's no otagei to add .

Quote:
Aye, KISHOW made me giggle during Making Of, but I kind of zzzskiptoprettygirls when I was on my Anisama spree.... Ergh, not as familiar with male seiyuu. ._.
Kishow wasn't bad in Animelo, but I rather watch pretty/cute/moe girls...Animelo is for cute girls and Jam Project right?

But but but...Mamo-tanMiyano Mamoru is a really good dancer, honestly. I haven't seen a better seiyuu when it comes to dancing. He's also an actor and stage actor I heard...

Oh yeah...I forgot to say. I HAVE THE SAME HEADPHONES AS HOCCHAN DURING ANIMELO 2008. I'm so proud of my headphones T^T Hocchan got the white version while I got the black version...whatever

Another question. What is it with Kamiya Hiroshi that makes him so popular? His voicing action is pretty darn good as far as I can tell. But his singing is...erm..average. His looks is average too...I haven't heard any of his radio shows or events, is he just an interesting idol to follow?

I've seen the program on Onosaka Masaya and Tomoko Kaneda stalking Kamiyan to Korea. It was absolutely hilarious. Onosaka is made of win with his jokes, you are definitely one creepy old man. The two looks like a weird pair of father and daughter. Kamiyan's reaction was pure win.

Onosaka is too much of an uncle to me, even his first BL drama (he did one in a radio show) he didn't sound like a bishounen. I thought Onosaka disliked BL...O_o;;
Old 2010-04-07, 08:43   Link #507
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:

Talking about Sugita, have you heard his version of Renai Circulation? I love him lampshading his 'close' relationship with Nakamura Yuuichi...He is made of pure win.
Pardon me for jumping in, but thanks for the link - it was hilarious
though...isn't it a parody made by someone else? (They've gotten pretty good at copying voices, going by the Izaya parody...)

Quote:
Another question. What is it with Kamiya Hiroshi that makes him so popular? His voicing action is pretty darn good as far as I can tell. But his singing is...erm..average. His looks is average too...I haven't heard any of his radio shows or events, is he just an interesting idol to follow?
In Japan...one reason is probably Dear Girls Stories, the radio he hosts with OnoD. And I'd wager that singing doesn't factor all that highly in the mind of a fujoshi...

Personally, I love him for his radio work - it's hard to describe, but he's something like a tsundere with a reaaaally sharp tongue. He just makes radio shows really lively somehow...although the Bakemonogatari atogataris are an exception... And perhaps paradoxically, I also love his narration work because it's really soothing to listen to...

I need to go and watch that Korea program!

RE: Masayan and BL...I have the feeling I've heard/read that somewhere too...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 09:04   Link #508
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Pardon me for jumping in, but thanks for the link - it was hilarious
though...isn't it a parody made by someone else? (They've gotten pretty good at copying voices, going by the Izaya parody...)
Looking at the comments on NicoNico, it seems like it's done by Sugita himself. But the Izaya version was absolutely AMAZING...I could onlly tell it wasn't Kamiyan because the singing was better.../is shot

Quote:
In Japan...one reason is probably Dear Girls Stories, the radio he hosts with OnoD. And I'd wager that singing doesn't factor all that highly in the mind of a fujoshi...

Personally, I love him for his radio work - it's hard to describe, but he's something like a tsundere with a reaaaally sharp tongue. He just makes radio shows really lively somehow...although the Bakemonogatari atogataris are an exception... And perhaps paradoxically, I also love his narration work because it's really soothing to listen to...

I need to go and watch that Korea program!

RE: Masayan and BL...I have the feeling I've heard/read that somewhere too...
Lolololol real life seiyuu tsundere? Maybe I should look it up...Kamiyan must be popular for some reason.

That Korea program is PURE win. I don't even know Japanese yet I laughed out loud. Definitely watch worthy. Korean fangirls are as rabid as ever...

I personally care more about singing then your typica fujoshi because I like Mizuki Nana...I don't know Japanese, radio programs are quite useless, unless it's in really simple Japanese or there's a english/chinese translation...

I've found out about Masayan and his dislike towards BL with Hetalia. Since Hetalia is a fujoshi heaven, fans were commenting on Masayan voicing France, the most perverted guy. He has been in BL drama CDs, but he never did any H scenes. Not sure whether he earns enough, I recently just heard him voicing a random background character that didn't even get credited in Heartcatch Pretty Cure.
Old 2010-04-07, 09:39   Link #509
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Looking at the comments on NicoNico, it seems like it's done by Sugita himself. But the Izaya version was absolutely AMAZING...I could only tell it wasn't Kamiyan because the singing was better.../is shot
It seems to be a guy who's mimicking Sugitan. (Under profile and contact: 「杉田智和さん(キョン)(銀さん)のこえ真似がんばってま~す」). All the commentators are saying that he's really really good at it though!
*draws gun*...hm...*returns to holster* - I can't listen to seiyuus singing myself...for the most part, they just...aren't very good.

Quote:
Lolololol real life seiyuu tsundere? Maybe I should look it up...Kamiyan must be popular for some reason.
Definitely. He's a bit of a bully...but gets bullied and teased back a fair bit too ^____^. The problem with radio shows is that they're are really hard to appreciate if you don't know Japanese! But there is a really active LJ community that provides translations to a lot of the funny/interesting parts of DGS (^^)

Quote:
That Korea program is PURE win. I don't even know Japanese yet I laughed out loud. Definitely watch worthy. Korean fangirls are as rabid as ever...
And my backlog just keeps growing (;_

Quote:
I've found out about Masayan and his dislike towards BL with Hetalia. Since Hetalia is a fujoshi heaven, fans were commenting on Masayan voicing France, the most perverted guy. He has been in BL drama CDs, but he never did any H scenes. Not sure whether he earns enough, I recently just heard him voicing a random background character that didn't even get credited in Heartcatch Pretty Cure.
icic...I never got into Hetalia - must have heard it through the grapevine somehow. He seems to have had enough work (IIRC, his radio work is really popular too), possibly because he's one of the true masters of Kansai-ben amongst seiyuu (being from Osaka)...?

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-04-07, 10:05   Link #510
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Oi, don't tell me you two are both fujoshi.... I feel so left out.
Quote:
That screams moe...honestly. I cannot think of another word to describe it.

世界一かわいいよwww

I've actually heard of that, but someone told me it was a guy who sounded like him and I was all "Oh, okay! Back to Yukarin banzai!" Speaking of which, one time someone mailed in asking who she thought Sugita would go well with as a BL couple and Yukarin said that Nakamura fellow. :V
Quote:
Yup of course I've seen it. I'll let Nana off for singing enka nasally, since I don't know a thing about it. But Power Gate was really really really weird. I commented on youtube whether she had a cold on the day...a Japanese fan answered me in ....erm...engrish that she had a 4hr concert. Ah...Nanatards
I like enka, but it's hard for me to listen to for long periods of time. I thought her singing was good, but I just didn't like the cover of it. ( ._.)

Eh, 4 hours shouldn't be that bad for someone who's been singing since she's little. idgi. <_>
Quote:
It really scares me that I 'noticed' Nana-chan since I was 13...@_@;; Blame me for thinking Nanoha was a normal mahou shoujo like Cardcaptor Sakura...

There are more girls in Live Diamond compared to Live Fighter. So I guess there is a slight increase of girls. She does have more casual female fans...but apparently in the smallest leg of Live Acadamy, there was only 15 girls out of 1200 people? Most the obessive ones are still guys. Can't be helped when Johnny boys are more popular...never understoof the point of Johnnies other then writing yaoi fanfiction on them.
And you're how old now? I'm guessing 21/22 at the mo- It's rude to ask a female for her age. orz!

Not sure which venue was the smallest, but 1st/Fukuoka was Valentine's Day and 2nd/Ehime has the hardcore fans because no one goes there, ololol. So it's not too fair going by that, right?

And thanks for reminding me when Yukarin asks the audience to shout if they're a guy or a girl. ULTRA ORANGEEEEE.
Quote:
How did Hocchan get 2 days in Budokan I have no idea. I saw the 2nd day was a sell out, not sure about the 1st day. But I didn't like Live Diamond on DVD/BD, there was too much echo and the otagei wasn't very clear. Wouldn't 2 days in Saitama Super Arena in Statium mode be better? King Records pimping Nana again . Tokyo Dome soon enough?
lol, friend was showing me YJA - some guy sold his not that great tickets for probably the second day for.... 220k and 210k. I don't think Yukarinfags have even done that.

Nana and Minorin mute their fans, that's why it's not so clear~ And I'm guessing when the not anison fans jump into the mix, it's like "wtf are these freaks doing?"

Live Formula is still my favourite, I think. I love/hate Museum.
Quote:
Lantis is learning to pimp their artists too. They have Granrodeo and Minorin in Budokan soon enough.

Lantis sucks at making DVD/BD. Look at Animelo 2007, crappy special effects. Minorin's Contact Tour had a lack of otagei, Hirano Aya's riot tour probably was barely autotuned. Granrodeo's DVD wasn't half bad though, but that's because there's no otagei to add .
Take that, Aayafags. Minorin in budokan before your aidoruuu. 'A';

Rofl, was 2007 the NanaxAri duet and the SPARKLES. Oh gosh....
Quote:
Kishow wasn't bad in Animelo, but I rather watch pretty/cute/moe girls...Animelo is for cute girls and Jam Project right?

But but but...Mamo-tanMiyano Mamoru is a really good dancer, honestly. I haven't seen a better seiyuu when it comes to dancing. He's also an actor and stage actor I heard...
Cute girls and JAM Project, yep! Actually, I skipped quite a few girls too — angela becauseguitaristscaresme, Ito Kanako becauseherhairscaredmewtfff, Yuinyan becausebackupdancersandstuff, May'n becauseidontlikehervoice, uhm.... Yeah, I totally didn't re-watch Futari wa Purikyua Max Heart over and over and over. My poor BD player.

He's the JOHNNY of seiyuu. Miyukichi is into theatre, too, and well, lol Zetsubou set. Her screaming face. <3
Quote:
Oh yeah...I forgot to say. I HAVE THE SAME HEADPHONES AS HOCCHAN DURING ANIMELO 2008. I'm so proud of my headphones T^T Hocchan got the white version while I got the black version...whatever
I totally haven't seen that day of Anisama '08. *looks at BD collecting dust and starts to feel bad*
Quote:
There's a collection of him being tsundere on nico. All the times he's said baka....

Yeah, only found out about that 'cause I got linked to the '"ONO-D, YOU SUCK." LET'S LEARN ENGLISH!' thing. >__>;
Quote:
I've seen the program on Onosaka Masaya and Tomoko Kaneda stalking Kamiyan to Korea. It was absolutely hilarious. Onosaka is made of win with his jokes, you are definitely one creepy old man. The two looks like a weird pair of father and daughter. Kamiyan's reaction was pure win.

Onosaka is too much of an uncle to me, even his first BL drama (he did one in a radio show) he didn't sound like a bishounen. I thought Onosaka disliked BL...O_o;;
Have you seen pictures of him from oh so long ago? He looks a lot.... better now, I guess. I, er, don't really look at guys. OTL

Ergh, I know Onosaka and KaneTomo are popular personalities, but I haven't really seen any of those shows with them. I only remember getting linked to Onosaka saying he'd like Inoue Marina's butt for a mouse pad and other sekuhara-y moments.
Quote:
Are the Bakemonogatari atogatari that boring? I kind of stared at how long they were and said "lol, not even going to tryyyyyyyyy."
Quote:
I'm sure that background character gets him paid nearly as much as the people with a heck of a lot of lines, lol. ._.
Quote:
Definitely. He's a bit of a bully...but gets bullied and teased back a fair bit too ^____^. The problem with radio shows is that they're are really hard to appreciate if you don't know Japanese! But there is a really active LJ community that provides translations to a lot of the funny/interesting parts of DGS (^^)
Not going to lie. I tried to listen to DGS and then just ran away to Kuroshitsuji so I could get my Ono-D erojiji laugh fix. :/

The seiyuu community on LJ is still full of fujoshi, eh. Must be nice seeing at least some things translated/summarized.

*still listens to Yukarin's Itazura Kurousagi weekly despite not understanding 75% of it* (._. )

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-04-07, 10:26   Link #511
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
It seems to be a guy who's mimicking Sugitan. (Under profile and contact: 「杉田智和さん(キョン)(銀さん)のこえ真似がんばってま~す」). All the commentators are saying that he's really really good at it though!
*draws gun*...hm...*returns to holster* - I can't listen to seiyuus singing myself...for the most part, they just...aren't very good.
Ah...sorry for my fail japanese...;~;

Mizuki Nana, Sakamoto Maaya, Matsumoto Rica and Taniyama Kisho are the ones who I call good singers. But Nana-chans and Kiiyan fail singing in-character when it comes to character singles. Never heard Maaya singing a character song, I only heard Rica with Jam Project.

Quote:
Link please ;~; ? I'm interested on why Kamiyan is called 'Asia's number 1 seiyuu' in that random stalking program. But one thing for sure, he's nowhere near Asia no.1. I swear Nana-chan, Yukarin, Aya and Minorin are more popular. Since female seiyuus are always more popular. I guess he is 'Asia's number 1 male seiyuu'.

So that's where all the OnoDxKamiyan came from...

Quote:
icic...I never got into Hetalia - must have heard it through the grapevine somehow. He seems to have had enough work (IIRC, his radio work is really popular too), possibly because he's one of the true masters of Kansai-ben amongst seiyuu (being from Osaka)...?
The hetalia radio program with Masayan was hilarious. Masayan said he doesn't really 'act' when it comes to Hetalia. Even Kaida Yuki said his voice is just France. The sound director/whoever couldn't explain to him why they picked him.

I've found any seiyuu events with Masayan hilarious and enjoyable to watch. That weird cooking contest special that comes with Neo Angelique Abyss was miles better then the anime itself @_@;;. Weirdly, I watched it for Takahashi Hiroki, yet Masayan caught my attention.

I guess he just happen to have time on that day to play an extra in Pretty Cure. OnoD played a minor character too. Nana-chan played a random character in Junjou Romantica, despite she's already pretty darn popular back then (it was during 2008 after she had a concert in Saitama super arena). The seiyuu industry is weird...

Yes, I started to type up this post while LVD posted his/hers. Please tell me your gender. I am not entirely sure what you gender is...@_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
Oi, don't tell me you two are both fujoshi.... I feel so left out.世界一かわいいよwww
I am somewhat inbetween a fujoshi and a female otaku. I only started my fujoshi journey less then a year ago.

Quote:
And you're how old now? I'm guessing 21/22 at the mo- It's rude to ask a female for her age. orz!
If only you asked me this half a year ago. I could have replied that I'm 17... Unlike most fangirls my age, who tend to get into the yaoi stuff first, I got into the otaku stuff. Hence I'm actually not a full fujoshi. I only started looking up male seiyuus during the last 2 weeks orz

I watched Nanoha because it looked like Cardcaptor sakura...orz

Quote:
I've actually heard of that, but someone told me it was a guy who sounded like him and I was all "Oh, okay! Back to Yukarin banzai!" Speaking of which, one time someone mailed in asking who she thought Sugita would go well with as a BL couple and Yukarin said that Nakamura fellow. :V
Yukarin you are made of win. Honestly.

Quote:
lol, friend was showing me YJA - some guy sold his not that great tickets for probably the second day for.... 220k and 210k. I don't think Yukarinfags have even done that.
F*CK. Japanese fans are scary. Very scary indeed. You sure it's 220k and not 22k? @_@

Quote:
Live Formula is still my favourite, I think. I love/hate Museum.Take that, Aayafags. Minorin in budokan before your aidoruuu. 'A';
Why did I thought of the same thing when I saw Minorin having a Budokan show?

Quote:
Yeah, I totally didn't re-watch Futari wa Purikyua Max Heart over and over and over.
My 4 year brother loved it as much as I did... 'That song is very good! Put it on my mp3....'. I fail as a sister orz.

Quote:
Have you seen pictures of him from oh so long ago? He looks a lot.... better now, I guess. I, er, don't really look at guys. OTL
During the days when the seiyuus can't pay their bills? Most male seiyuus are uncles...unfortunately for some people. Mamo-tan is in my opinion the best looking male seiyuu...but he's a daddy DX

Quote:
I'm sure that background character gets him paid nearly as much as the people with a heck of a lot of lines, lol. ._.
Wouldn't the pay be for 'inexperienced' seiyuu, so it's lower then what Masayan usually gets for an uncle seiyuu...

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2010-04-07 at 10:46.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 11:06   Link #512
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
@karice & @musume_no_hoshi

We call that errr... "Impersonating" as "fan-dubbing" in Nico^2. Or in other words, one of the 歌ってみた (though not all of them are impersonating/dubbing). I'm pretty amateur at Nico^2 works though, but there should be an LJ for utatte mita already. Yeah, there was other seiyuu 'Japan fan-dubs', even for the girls~

Regarding DGS, personally I think Kamiyan is just a ド-エス than a tsundere in there Seriously, there are reasons why he fits Izaya to a 'T' that OnoD is just an angel for denying that reasoning even though I'm pretty-- actually scratch that, definitely sure he is the target most of the time, was actually wondering if he was a do-M or an angel in disguise! But yeah, he is just a true hidden sadist 75% of the time. 8D;;

Also, smaller trivia, but the radio program won them best personality category award for the... IDK, 2nd seiyuu award. (Though maybe that's just fangirl's influence ah hah. The peak was in 2008 after all.)

Quote:
Speaking of which, one time someone mailed in asking who she thought Sugita would go well with as a BL couple and Yukarin said that Nakamura fellow. :V
... Oh hey. Did Yukarin read my (and some numbers of my friends') mind somehow? Errr. Never mind the comment just now. :|a

Sniff, I think I'm getting duller in my female seiyuu knowledge. Comes with a pack while observing newer seiyuus I guess... ;; Not that I mind since I found Suzuki Tatsuhisa's hilarious laughter. <3333

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 11:40   Link #513
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Yes, I started to type up this post while LVD posted his/hers. Please tell me your gender. I am not entirely sure what you gender is...@_@
donmai, donmai~ I'm often mistaken for a guy online.

Well, brain gender tests tell me I'm a guy. 8D!
Quote:
F*CK. Japanese fans are scary. Very scary indeed. You sure it's 220k and not 22k? @_@
Woops, went through chat logs. It's not nearly that much, but it's definitely more than 22k.

.... 122,111 and 121,111.... I mean, this is budokan, but still. Wtf.

Uh, friend got her Diamond ticket seat for like 40k, what. I don't think I've seen Yukarin seats go higher than 50k.
Quote:
Why did I thought of the same thing when I saw Minorin having a Budokan show?
Because seeing as you poke at Nana's singing, I thought we'd have the same view on Hirano Aya! /run
Quote:
My 4 year brother loved it as much as I did... 'That song is very good! Put it on my mp3....'. I fail as a sister orz.
No, no, you're an awesome sister. I'm the fail one getting my brother loli-rela— So this is why he thinks I'm a lolicon. Dammit.
Quote:
During the days when the seiyuus can't pay their bills? Most male seiyuus are uncles...unfortunately for some people. Mamo-tan is in my opinion the best looking male seiyuu...but he's a daddy DX
dat chin, y0.

I.... lack of paying attention to male seiyuu. orz
Quote:
Wouldn't the pay be for 'inexperienced' seiyuu, so it's lower then what Masayan usually gets for an uncle seiyuu...
Wait, why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
... Oh hey. Did Yukarin read my (and some numbers of my friends') mind somehow? Errr. Never mind the comment just now. :|a

Sniff, I think I'm getting duller in my female seiyuu knowledge. Comes with a pack while observing newer seiyuus I guess... ;; Not that I mind since I found Suzuki Tatsuhisa's hilarious laughter. <3333
Ahaha, this is actually how I started to get into Yukarin's radio show at least. That comment started with someone saying how they'd rather their favourite male character get it on with another male than with a female on a previous episode. And Yukarin agreed saying, "Instead of Hikaru GENJI’s Hiro-kun dating someone (other than me), I would rather he date Akkun". Since that reference is kind of.... old.... she tried it from a different angle: “Rather than dating (male staff member) Mishima-san, (it is preferred that) I get married to (Mizuki) Nana-chan”. Oh, she apparently used Ono-D and Kamiyan as a ref in that episode, too. This is from nearly two years ago, mind's foggy. :V

It was either the next episode or the episode after that where the show was pretty much letters sent in by 13~15yr old fujoshi. And that's where that Sugita x Nakamura comment is from. Yukarin also said Wakamoto and someone-I-forget would be the GOLDEN PAIR, too. Linked that ep to a TLer guy friend of mine and he had to quit half way. Said his mind was breaking, rofl.

Actually, I think if you niconico search "Tamura Yukari" and "BL", you'll get at least three videos and one of them is something about teaching. Have to skidaddle to work now.

And bwahaha, I only remember Tatsuhisa because a friend said he's her favourite male seiyuu looks wise. Something about boyish idol looks, was it.... I only remember him from Toshokan Sensou. ;/

.... Ono-D is an angel~ He just has an erojiji laugh. *shifty eyes*

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-04-07, 12:13   Link #514
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
Because seeing as you poke at Nana's singing, I thought we'd have the same view on Hirano Aya!
No one's perfect. Nothing wrong with some crits right? Hirano Aya isn't that bad, she's okay for an idol. I did a little silly test with this male friend. I shown him a clip of Sakamoto Maaya with Platinium from Kazeyomi tour and Hirano Aya's Bouken Desho Desho from the Haruhi concert. He said Hirano Aya sung better because her voice was powerful...I cried inside. ;~;

Quote:
.... 122,111 and 121,111.... I mean, this is budokan, but still. Wtf.
This is what I don't understand about Japanese concerts. Why are all the tickets priced the same? Wasn't Live Diamond priced at 7,777yen for all seats officially? I never understood Japanese marketing...never.

Quote:
No, no, you're an awesome sister. I'm the fail one getting my brother loli-rela— So this is why he thinks I'm a lolicon. Dammit.dat chin, y0.
Lolicon no onee-sama <3 You are my hero Me attempting Japanese...@_@

Quote:
“Rather than dating (male staff member) Mishima-san, (it is preferred that) I get married to (Mizuki) Nana-chan”.
NanaXYukarin is canon. Nuff said.

Quote:
It was either the next episode or the episode after that where the show was pretty much letters sent in by 13~15yr old fujoshi.
Which episodes are those? Sounds interesting enough...lets hope I can decryptmoonspeak with my anime-learnt Japanese...

Quote:
Wait, why?
Errr...since background characters aren't important, it means that any one can voice them. Wouldn't it be smarter to get a unknown seiyuu who is cheap to hire then to hire a decently known seiyuu, since unknown seiyuus are cheaper? So wouldn't the pay for a background the same regardless of the fame of the seiyuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
We call that errr... "Impersonating" as "fan-dubbing" in Nico^2.
It's sometimes creepy how well they can imperonate some seiyuus...@_@
Old 2010-04-07, 15:44   Link #515
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

stealingcomputeratworkisfunwoo.
Quote:
No one's perfect. Nothing wrong with some crits right? Hirano Aya isn't that bad, she's okay for an idol. I did a little silly test with this male friend. I shown him a clip of Sakamoto Maaya with Platinium from Kazeyomi tour and Hirano Aya's Bouken Desho Desho from the Haruhi concert. He said Hirano Aya sung better because her voice was powerful...I cried inside. ;~;
Well, diehard fans that can't take crits are hardcore, right? D:

Yeah, she's not that bad. She just really needs to stop trying to be like Nana with that force vibrato of hers. tbh, her second WA chara single sounds better than Nana's, lol. Most of the hxc Nanafags I know were screaming blasphemy.
Quote:
This is what I don't understand about Japanese concerts. Why are all the tickets priced the same? Wasn't Live Diamond priced at 7,777yen for all seats officially? I never understood Japanese marketing...never.
It goes something like this:

1) You buy the ticket at the place for the standard price.
2) The seat you're given is completely random. I'm unsure if it's truly random or if they go section by section so you can buy two tickets and they'll be side-by-side.
3) Get a good ticket, you can re-sell on YJA. Get a crappy ticket, you can do the same, except for under the standard price of course.
Quote:
Lolicon no onee-sama <3 You are my hero Me attempting Japanese...@_@
Except our roles are really reversed. He looks and acts like the older brother and I'm the one that gets teased all the time, lol.
Quote:
NanaXYukarin is canon. Nuff said.
*points at Nana's latest blog post* Yep.

.... Why did they have a Nanoha Movie 1st party so long after it premiered?
Quote:
Which episodes are those? Sounds interesting enough...lets hope I can decryptmoonspeak with my anime-learnt Japanese...
olawd, can't check on this computer when kanji shows up as lovely squares. Look up Itazura Kurousagi in hiragana on niconico, switch to highest hits first and it should be there. iirc, the first episode with the marrying Nana comment is around 280 and the thumbnail for the other is an A's seiyuu picture. I think it's also the only itazura kurousagi episode with over 100k views.

fffff edit for being home now.
- The episode that started it all.
- The fujoshi episode....
- BONUS: (*>∀<)ノ萌げー☆ HI☆RO☆C YA☆SA☆C
Quote:
Errr...since background characters aren't important, it means that any one can voice them. Wouldn't it be smarter to get a unknown seiyuu who is cheap to hire then to hire a decently known seiyuu, since unknown seiyuus are cheaper? So wouldn't the pay for a background the same regardless of the fame of the seiyuu?
From my understanding, yes, the pay for a background character would be the same regardless of the fame of the seiyuu. At the same time, the difference in pay between a background character with a few lines and someone who's a main character isn't all that much.

Veteran seiyuu tend to be the exception, though they don't even earn that much more from what I've heard. I'm not sure if Nana is the odd one out since she's broken all those records and is becoming more known to the mainstream crowd. Well, if anything, she's the most expensive seiyuu to hire to sing....

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2010-04-07 at 23:45.
Old 2010-04-08, 09:02   Link #516
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Firstly...you guys (gals) post A LOT and waaaay too quickly for me to keep up! (well...when I have to spend a whole day at work anyway...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Oi, don't tell me you two are both fujoshi....
Er...no, at least I wouldn't call myself one. I tend to avoid anything without a decent plot/good character development (or has some other point of appeal, like being absolutely hilarious), which accounts for most BL stuff (along with a large proportion of anime, and even a lot of western film). Which is also why I don't hang out at LJ seiyuu communities much. But I won't deny having read some manga or listened to a few drama CDs - it's kinda difficult to avoid learning about them when some of the best work of my favourite seiyuus is found in BL... I'm basically a seiyuu-fan first - it just so happens that I like listening to guys voices far more than to girls... That said, I've started taking more of an interest in what the girls can do after shows like Genji and Bakemonogatari...

Re: Yukarin
LOL.
I really should start listening to her show too. Heard her once on a Kuroshitsuji radio show, and she really livened it up. (Might get shot for this...but somehow, the show just wasn't that interesting when it was just OnoD by himself...)

Quote:
There's a collection of him being tsundere on nico. All the times he's said baka....
Quote:
Regarding DGS, personally I think Kamiyan is just a ド-エス than a tsundere in there Seriously, there are reasons why he fits Izaya to a 'T' that OnoD is just an angel for denying that reasoning even though I'm pretty-- actually scratch that, definitely sure he is the target most of the time, was actually wondering if he was a do-M or an angel in disguise! But yeah, he is just a true hidden sadist 75% of the time. 8D;;
Like you said, he is really ド-エス on DGS...but he has a lot of deredere moments too. One of the ones I remember being from the 2nd(?) radio show - OnoD said that Kamiyan emailed him when on the way home from the first recording, saying that he was really glad that OnoD was doing the radio show with him. Another one I found out about recently had him being teased for asking a relatively famous fan out on stage at some Gundam 00 event...

Quote:
Are the Bakemonogatari atogatari that boring? I kind of stared at how long they were and said "lol, not even going to tryyyyyyyyy."
What they talk about is actually quite interesting. It's just that Kamiyan's really subdued compared to how he is on the Macross F and DGS radio, so it's possibly not as fun to listen to for those who don't understand a decent amount of it. I certainly don't understand everything, but upwards of about 50/60% is probably good enough to appreciate what they're going on about. (Whilst we're on the topic, the most interesting atogatari so far was the third one, with Saitou Chiwa fangirling Kamiyan and Sakurai though the 4th one with Kamiyan and Hanezawa Kana has some good stuff too ^^; I can't wait for the Hanekawa one!)

Quote:
Ah...sorry for my fail japanese...;~;
Sorry! I didn't mean to imply anything about your Japanese! (It took me a good few minutes to find it too, after reading through the comments made me wonder whether it really was Sugitan too!)

Quote:
Link please ;~; ? I'm interested on why Kamiyan is called 'Asia's number 1 seiyuu' in that random stalking program. But one thing for sure, he's nowhere near Asia no.1. I swear Nana-chan, Yukarin, Aya and Minorin are more popular. Since female seiyuus are always more popular. I guess he is 'Asia's number 1 male seiyuu'.
m(_ _ )m for the late reply, but it's here if you still need it ^^; Female seiyuus are definitely more popular, one possible reason being that their fans tend to be comprised of both sexes, whilst most male seiyuu have a predominantly female fanbase.

Quote:
So that's where all the OnoDxKamiyan came from...
Probably... Durarara!! is just adding to the flames....though I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the reasons OnoD got Shizuo (let's face it, Kamiyan fits Izaya to the T)

RE: Masayan
Ack...now I want to listen to the Hetalia raji too! But I just get the feeling that if I start listening to anything with Masayan in it, I'll never stop! (and I just can't afford the time at the moment!)

Quote:
Mamo-tan is in my opinion the best looking male seiyuu...but he's a daddy DX
*agrees* but his personality is what appeals to me, so the 'daddy' thing only adds to his appeal ^^; (I hope he has a fantastic family life, especially after the ruckus some of his so-called fans made when he announced that he was married...)

RE: Seiyuu rates
Hm...but isn't the pay system structured so that seiyuu of a particular pay bracket get payed the same amount for a certain type of product no matter how many lines they have?

Quote:
We call that errr... "Impersonating" as "fan-dubbing" in Nico^2. Or in other words, one of the 歌ってみた (though not all of them are impersonating/dubbing). I'm pretty amateur at Nico^2 works though, but there should be an LJ for utatte mita already. Yeah, there was other seiyuu 'Japan fan-dubs', even for the girls~
Thanks for the info! I'm pretty amateur on this stuff, having only come across it recently (with the Izaya one, in fact)...

Quote:
Also, smaller trivia, but the radio program won them best personality category award for the... IDK, 2nd seiyuu award. (Though maybe that's just fangirl's influence ah hah. The peak was in 2008 after all.)
Just Kamiyan, right? There were whispers that OnoD might get it this year - Masayan won, right? - based on his popularity, but I really think his radio work isn't that strong (yet), possibly because he's just too nice

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-04-08, 10:58   Link #517
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
Yeah, she's not that bad. She just really needs to stop trying to be like Nana with that force vibrato of hers. tbh, her second WA chara single sounds better than Nana's, lol. Most of the hxc Nanafags I know were screaming blasphemy.
She should give up on her fake vibrato. Her new Haruhi Enoz album was pretty good.

Quote:
*points at Nana's latest blog post* Yep.

.... Why did they have a Nanoha Movie 1st party so long after it premiered?
Who knows...I thought these parties tend to be on before the premiered. Nana's post proves that most female seiyuus are cute and pretty. I so not want to be there...

I finally listened to the fujoshi episode, I actually downloaded it a while ago. When you linked it to me from the Nanoha thread. Yukarin you support NanaXYourself...right?

Japan is scary...13 year olds already slashing male seiyuus...I feel so old. When I was 13 I was still watching Cardcaptor Sakura...@_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67
Firstly...you guys (gals) post A LOT and waaaay too quickly for me to keep up!
Don't want to study here...I need an excuse not to study...

Quote:
Sorry! I didn't mean to imply anything about your Japanese! (It took me a good few minutes to find it too, after reading through the comments made me wonder whether it really was Sugitan too!)
I never learnt Japanese anyway. So I fail at Japanese anyway. Chinese+weeboness = you learn Japanese from watching too much anime. orz

Quote:
RE: Masayan
Ack...now I want to listen to the Hetalia raji too! But I just get the feeling that if I start listening to anything with Masayan in it, I'll never stop! (and I just can't afford the time at the moment!)
Some of Hetalia raji is interesting. The ones with Masayan in it are alot more interesting and funny to listen/readthetranslation. Of course the episodes with your own country in it are funny.

Quote:
*agrees* but his personality is what appeals to me, so the 'daddy' thing only adds to his appeal ^^; (I hope he has a fantastic family life, especially after the ruckus some of his so-called fans made when he announced that he was married...)
That's why he's the JOHNNY of seiyuus. I hope to see a baby photo of his son/daughter...<3 There was a silly rumour saying Hirano Aya was his waifu.... But it's funny to see him still acting like an idol knowing that he is a daddy.

I do wonder what would happen if Nana-chan or Yukarin announce that they're married...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD
From my understanding, yes, the pay for a background character would be the same regardless of the fame of the seiyuu. At the same time, the difference in pay between a background character with a few lines and someone who's a main character isn't all that much.

Veteran seiyuu tend to be the exception, though they don't even earn that much more from what I've heard. I'm not sure if Nana is the odd one out since she's broken all those records and is becoming more known to the mainstream crowd. Well, if anything, she's the most expensive seiyuu to hire to sing....
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67
RE: Seiyuu rates
Hm...but isn't the pay system structured so that seiyuu of a particular pay bracket get payed the same amount for a certain type of product no matter how many lines they have?
I know seiyuus are paid by session, so whether they voice 3 characters or just 1 character, they get paid the same. Also, wouldn't popular seiyuus get paid more. Even if Kamiyan is younger then Masayan, but because Kamiyan is much more popular, he gets paid better? Since Kamiyan's time is more precious...

I wonder how much Nana gets paid for singing a character song. Sometimes her fam does increase the sales, but her FMA:B single only sold like 3k or something. That MGS character song is PURE win.

Also, seiyuus don't get a cut no matter how well a character single sells right? Would someone like Nana get a cut?
Old 2010-04-08, 11:20   Link #518
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Firstly...you guys (gals) post A LOT and waaaay too quickly for me to keep up! (well...when I have to spend a whole day at work anyway...)
( .__.)
Quote:
I'm basically a seiyuu-fan first - it just so happens that I like listening to guys voices far more than to girls...
A.... A.... A normal person. *claps!*

And Yukarin.... is on crack, let's just leave it at that. So cute when she stumbles reading. She's said Japanese is hard a few times which made me looool. orz
Quote:
What they talk about is actually quite interesting. It's just that Kamiyan's really subdued compared to how he is on the Macross F and DGS radio, so it's possibly not as fun to listen to for those who don't understand a decent amount of it. I certainly don't understand everything, but upwards of about 50/60% is probably good enough to appreciate what they're going on about. (Whilst we're on the topic, the most interesting atogatari so far was the third one, with Saitou Chiwa fangirling Kamiyan and Sakurai though the 4th one with Kamiyan and Hanezawa Kana has some good stuff too ^^; I can't wait for the Hanekawa one!)
Haha, ChiwaChiwa tends to liven things up. Mogeeee was just lolwhat, but Nanoha StrikerS afureko and an ep of BlazBlue Radio.... I should poke Dance in the Vampire Bund radio thing since "men don't start until they're 30" apparently.

Totally didn't forget Kamiyan was in Macross F. >__>
Quote:
Just Kamiyan, right? There were whispers that OnoD might get it this year - Masayan won, right? - based on his popularity, but I really think his radio work isn't that strong (yet), possibly because he's just too nice
Yeah, just him. Like how Masumin won the 1st Seiyuu award from that category yet she had Chin-san for a co-host. And if Nana somehow won the award, it'd be given to her and not Fukuen Misato, who makes the show awesome. (._. ) Because Nana is boring when she's by herself and not being forced to do something.

Rigged awards are rigged, mirite.
Quote:
She should give up on her fake vibrato. Her new Haruhi Enoz album was pretty good.
I'm still scared to listen....
Quote:
Who knows...I thought these parties tend to be on before the premiered. Nana's post proves that most female seiyuus are cute and pretty. I so not want to be there...
I don't understand either, but mangaka for ViVid met Mizhashi Kaori for the first time. DOKI DOKI (ry
Quote:
I finally listened to the fujoshi episode, I actually downloaded it a while ago. When you linked it to me from the Nanoha thread. Yukarin you support NanaXYourself...right?

Japan is scary...13 year olds already slashing male seiyuus...I feel so old. When I was 13 I was still watching Cardcaptor Sakura...@_@
Nana wants Mamio, Hocchan seems like she can get RieRie and Minorin and Yukarin.... Maa, if she wants imouto, she can grab Nana. Onee-san, Asakawa Yuu. ww

I was still into video games when I was 13, though I think I watched DNAngel because I thought the art was pretty when I was 14-ish. 8D
Quote:
Of course the episodes with your own country in it are funny.
Ah, I want to listen just to see what they do to Canada.
Quote:
I do wonder what would happen if Nana-chan or Yukarin announce that they're married...
I think all my Nanafag mates said they wouldn't care if Nana got married.... to Yukarin. Or vice-versa, lol.

As long as mai himesama is happy, I don't care~
Quote:
I know seiyuus are paid by session, so whether they voice 3 characters or just 1 character, they get paid the same. Also, wouldn't popular seiyuus get paid more. Even if Kamiyan is younger then Masayan, but because Kamiyan is much more popular, he gets paid better? Since Kamiyan's time is more precious...

I wonder how much Nana gets paid for singing a character song. Sometimes her fam does increase the sales, but her FMA:B single only sold like 3k or something. That MGS character song is PURE win.

Also, seiyuus don't get a cut no matter how well a character single sells right? Would someone like Nana get a cut?
From what I've been told, no, it doesn't really matter if the seiyuu is more popular or not. If you don't like the pay, you can easily get replaced by someone else. The world of voice acting is harsh.

The FMAB songs were pretty cool 'cause they were so different, too. You do have to wonder how her stipend is though. Was it Memories Off where they couldn't afford Nana anymore and hired someone else to sing an OP song or something? e_e; *listens to Koi no Yokushiryoku* Why do I like this more than any song from her past three singles on the first listen? <_>?

Character songs/singles = stipend. Unless the seiyuu was able to write the lyrics, arrange or compose the song, that's all they're getting. Even their own singles and albums are like that because all the money is grabbed by IP.

.... which is where Yukarin is behind Nana, Minorin, Aaya and even Hocchan. I'm guessing Yukarin's yearly concert tour gets her a little more money at least.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-04-08, 12:00   Link #519
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

(*______________*)
that Mogeeee segment is fantastic! (thanks! LVD)
And that's another good thing about Kamiyan in radio - he can be the lively one, but he can also be the 'calm one' that other personalities play off. But did he even get one word in here besides that last line?
ROTFLMAO
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I don't suppose you have a link to the Vampire Bund show link too? m(_ _ )m I read about it somewhere, and now I'm really curious about how that went...

Quote:
A.... A.... A normal person. *claps!*
er...going by the majority...isn't that actually abnormal?

Quote:
Rigged awards are rigged, mirite.
True...but they seem to have gotten a little more sensible this year. (Though personally I still don't quite get why certain seiyuus have never gotten anything...>_>)

Quote:
You might be surprised at just how childish they are, actually - I think their tendency to be so serious about something as unrealistic as this actually shows how immature they are. Not surprising considering they only "come of age" at 20...

Quote:
Don't want to study here...I need an excuse not to study...
Completely empathise. I don't really want to do any work...but I should...

Quote:
That's why he's the JOHNNY of seiyuus. I hope to see a baby photo of his son/daughter...<3 ...But it's funny to see him still acting like an idol knowing that he is a daddy.
I'm divided on this - I do want to see Miyama's kid, who's bound to be cute like all other Japanese babies I've seen are, but I'm all for his keeping his private life private too. Idol-like? Hm...I've never really noticed (don't follow magazines too much) but maybe it's just part of his personality? He's usually quite interesting to watch on pre-airing seiyuu videos and such...

Quote:
I can just about hear the screams...

Quote:
I'm not sure if that's the case...apparently, seiyuu whose services are more expensive typically get a reduced workload because not as many companies would be willing to fork out the extra cash...

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-04-08, 15:09   Link #520
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
(*______________*)
that Mogeeee segment is fantastic! (thanks! LVD)
And that's another good thing about Kamiyan in radio - he can be the lively one, but he can also be the 'calm one' that other personalities play off. But did he even get one word in here besides that last line?
ROTFLMAO
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I don't suppose you have a link to the Vampire Bund show link too? m(_ _ )m I read about it somewhere, and now I'm really curious about how that went...
男は30から

I haven't even listened to it myself yet. orz
Quote:
er...going by the majority...isn't that actually abnormal?
No, no, you're normal... -er. 8D
Quote:
True...but they seem to have gotten a little more sensible this year. (Though personally I still don't quite get why certain seiyuus have never gotten anything...>_>)
Eh, I like Miyukichi, but I'd rather ChiwaChiwa won the award for her Senjougahara over Canaan and Lag Seeing.

And ololol, do you mean certain seiyuu attached to Sigma Seven coughNakamuraYuuichigotrobbedcough with Nana being the exception because of her other connections? 8D

I'm glad Maeno finally got the rookie thing. ;A;
Quote:
I'm not sure if that's the case...apparently, seiyuu whose services are more expensive typically get a reduced workload because not as many companies would be willing to fork out the extra cash...
And they're who? The people that are 50+, right?

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Tags
seiyu