AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-03, 10:26   Link #21
MercuryKnight

Send a message via MSN to MercuryKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
trust me, OkitaSoushiX, you will probably hate this anime because it features on interesting, pure, clear (and yet not clear) relationships between girls, no guys at all. Pity if you're the kind of guy who cares only about masculine "coolness"...
Please refrain from stereo typing us guys. Some of us are sensitive about that sort of thing.
Plus this is my favorite anime of the new year (so far).
Old 2004-04-03, 10:33   Link #22
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
umm something new. but i must say it can be confusing sometimes, i haven't read the novel and so don't really understand the background story...only watched 2 eps so far anyways. but it's a change from all the short-skirt schoolgirls and panty shots in anime nowadays.
Old 2004-04-03, 22:39   Link #23
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryKnight
Please refrain from stereo typing us guys. Some of us are sensitive about that sort of thing.
Plus this is my favorite anime of the new year (so far).
Well I'm not saying YOU'RE like that but it's kind of obvious that he prefers anime that have action and cool (in the masculine sense... meaning you know, killing people with style, smart verbal comebacks, etc...) but wouldn't really appreciate things like Mari-mite.

And I'm inferring that based on what he said, which is quite revealing:
Quote:
My ideal anime always has this Savvy guy That keeps his cool and acts like he knows exactly what's going to happen next...or even just some sort of guy.
There's almost no guys in this anime. (No, Yuuki and that other dude don't count...) Hopefully you'll enjoy this anime in the end instead of being turned off by the religion (WHICH, by the way, hardly makes an appearance in the show! It's only a background setting...)

If all guys didn't like things like Mari-mite I'd be so pissed, really. I know there are people out there who actually value things like these too .

It can get confusing, though... I only understood it because I had seen the website earlier. I'm personally relieved about the lack of sexual fanservice. Why is it fanservice HAS to be sexual? :\
Old 2004-04-03, 23:17   Link #24
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
It can get confusing, though... I only understood it because I had seen the website earlier. I'm personally relieved about the lack of sexual fanservice. Why is it fanservice HAS to be sexual? :\
well, because we are humans

I started downloading marimite because i read it is very popular in japan. After the first episode i wasn't as confused as many of you, maybe i forgot some names, but that's all.

What i like about the show is basically two things. first the "storm in a glass of water" thing ( sorry i don't know the expression for that in english), like what happened in the play, or the photos of the newspaper club, or the chocolates, or how their uniforms have to be spottless, and all those little things that the characters give a huge importance. Its very girly and for me thats really funny. (sakura comes to mind, when they go to buy pins, or to make a cake, its almost like a ritual but what they are doing is something trivial ).

The other thing is the " don't kiss me!! the virgin mary is watching" thing, since i grew up in a catholic country those situations have a really deep meaning to me. Although im not catholic, the customs and traditions are not easy to left behind, its part of the culture so it becomes part of you IMO.

In conclusion the show is light an deep for me at the same time, something that doesn't happen to often.

sorry for the bad english.
Old 2004-04-04, 07:31   Link #25
MercuryKnight

woa
Sorry, I have a habit of teasing people.
Please don't take offence

I really like this anime for some many different reasons and none of them are sexual thats for sure. I love the music even though I'm a Rock and Roller. I think the characters are great, they really have a lot of depth. I believe that anyone who watches this show should at least watch the first three episodes before they decide they don't like.
My two cents(canadian) Mercury
Old 2004-04-04, 15:00   Link #26
OkitaSoshiX

Quote:
I really like this anime for some many different reasons and none of them are sexual thats for sure. I love the music even though I'm a Rock and Roller. I think the characters are great, they really have a lot of depth. I believe that anyone who watches this show should at least watch the first three episodes before they decide they don't like.
My two cents(canadian) Mercury
Alright I think The Mercurian Knight convinced me to download the first THREE episodes. Than I'll decide If i like it or not. I'll give you my thoughts on the first three episodes in a few days. I hope it gets better. ( ^-^)
Old 2004-04-08, 06:05   Link #27
MercuryKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkitaSoshiX
Alright I think The Mercurian Knight convinced me to download the first THREE episodes. Than I'll decide If i like it or not. I'll give you my thoughts on the first three episodes in a few days. I hope it gets better. ( ^-^)
It's been a few days, I was wondering if you have had a chance to watch the shows yet and what your opinion is?
Old 2004-04-09, 06:43   Link #28
Leyla

Hmm...Most of the posts are quite positive so I'm gonna download it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I'm personally relieved about the lack of sexual fanservice. Why is it fanservice HAS to be sexual? :\
Exactly..
Old 2004-04-10, 07:28   Link #29
ARNEL98
Anime Fanatic

i havent really thought about watching maria-sama but since it has it own thread here, i guess its getting popular so i'll probably give it a try as well...
Old 2004-04-10, 08:46   Link #30
MercuryKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARNEL98
i havent really thought about watching maria-sama but since it has it own thread here, i guess its getting popular so i'll probably give it a try as well...
I'm not sure whether it's a large following or it's just because those of who like it like it alot. (sort of like Keiths beer, Canadian joke ). It certainly has some very vocal fans(I being one of). If hope both you and Leyla both enjoy the series as much as the rest of us and return to take part in some of our very interesting thread topics.

ARNEL98 - There is no such thing as a top of the line computer. Take it from me, after 20+ years in the business I should know, it's a pipe dream.
Old 2004-04-12, 13:52   Link #31
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurore31
in the (only french maybe) catholic religion, we recite a "chapelet" but for people who to pray more, they recite 3 "chapelets". and these 3 "chapelets" are called a rosary! but of English into French (as for Japanese), a rosary is a chapelet.

the french word "rosaire" is not translated by "rosary" in english.

sorry but I cannot translated "chapelet" : Sachiko gave a rosary to Yumi. this rosary is a "chapelet" in french.

Imagine 3 "chapelets" around the neck! lollll it is not possible! it would touch the ground lollll

really really sorry for my english, but i'm out of time to write it...
I'm not sure, but i know lot's of people (including myself) who use rosary for a rozenhoedje (i think that's your chapelet)
Old 2004-04-12, 22:42   Link #32
ARNEL98
Anime Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryKnight
I'm not sure whether it's a large following or it's just because those of who like it like it alot. (sort of like Keiths beer, Canadian joke ). It certainly has some very vocal fans(I being one of). If hope both you and Leyla both enjoy the series as much as the rest of us and return to take part in some of our very interesting thread topics.

ARNEL98 - There is no such thing as a top of the line computer. Take it from me, after 20+ years in the business I should know, it's a pipe dream.
i am sure gonna give it a try.
btw. you're right, there is no such thing as a top-of-the-line PC.
Old 2004-08-04, 17:36   Link #33
The Yellow Dwarf

I have heard of it a long time ago. It has a pretty weird title... Though I didn't start watching it until after reading a review by either Anime Meta-Review or THEM, which classified it as "shoujo-ai" with a captial S. I downloaded the first episode. And after that it's all about Rosa Gigantea.
Old 2004-08-10, 07:10   Link #34
my_sebastianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Because I loved the novel.

where can i dl a copy of this novel?
i can't find one in the stores
Old 2004-08-10, 09:36   Link #35
atua

Try Amazon Japan @ http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...857663-5547461
Old 2004-08-10, 10:42   Link #36
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Alternatively, you can order from your local japanese book stores.
Please note that the novels are in Japanese.
Old 2004-08-11, 03:11   Link #37
my_sebastianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Alternatively, you can order from your local japanese book stores.
Please note that the novels are in Japanese.

in jap??!!!
i wonder if they'll release it in english...
Old 2004-08-15, 14:37   Link #38
hooliganj
Team Player

Welcome to the line with all of us who are fans of Boogiepop Phantom, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Slayers, Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko, Scrapped Princess ... and the list goes on and on.

In otherwords, no, I doubt there will ever be an official translation for the novels. I'd probably read them if they did, but it isn't going to happen unless a fan decides to put a LOT of work into it.
Closed Thread