AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-03, 06:00   Link #141
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Kirino is now becoming Rinko and developing her dere side for Kyousuke
About time.

Ha ha, but seriously, I was watching her playing the eroge (wow, that just sounded really creepy) and couldn't help but think, "So she's an OreImo fan commenting on herself?" Couldn't help but feel that Kirino's attitude toward Rinko was supposed to reflect how OreImo fans felt about Kirino up to this point.

If that's true, then the "New Rinko Route has opened" pop-up could be hints at a new season? Or just, "Kirino might not crotch-kick Kyousuke next time." Either way, I'm kinda intrigued.
Old 2010-12-07, 00:16   Link #142
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think she should stay away from Heart Catch Pretty Cure for a good reason
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2010-12-07, 03:07   Link #143
Nihokon

for some reason Kirino reacts with the word "Kanojo" on ep10.
Maybe that's because she always plays eroge where brother and sister are having a romantic relationship. I guess when Kyousuke said that, she fantasizes a situation where she and Kyousuke are dating and embarassed?

And she also seems jealous with Kyousuke being in good terms with her friends. Incest route is unavoidable now.
Old 2010-12-07, 03:23   Link #144
potchip

Kyousuke - clueless closet siscon
Kirino - ultra hyper closet brocon who's convinced Kyousuke is a siscon

What Kyousuke did, was pointing out a fact that Kirino hated most. *poke poke flesh wound poke poke*. After Kirino just engaged in stalker girlfriend surveillance mode no less! He got off lightly with a lightning turning slap
Old 2010-12-07, 09:07   Link #145
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
for some reason Kirino reacts with the word "Kanojo" on ep10.
Maybe that's because she always plays eroge where brother and sister are having a romantic relationship. I guess when Kyousuke said that, she fantasizes a situation where she and Kyousuke are dating and embarassed?

And she also seems jealous with Kyousuke being in good terms with her friends. Incest route is unavoidable now.
Pretty much, with the crazy amount of hints the anime has thrown our way.

The jealousy thing isn't new either. There was the time when Kyousuke stayed at "neighbourhood girl" 's place.

It's now beyond doubt IMHO, Kirino's abusive behaviour is a cover for her (improper) feelings towards Kyousuke - both to convince others and herself.

I can see a confession coming in the finale.
But given that this is a TV series, it will proper end at that...
Old 2010-12-08, 10:58   Link #146
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
The jealousy thing isn't new either. There was the time when Kyousuke stayed at "neighbourhood girl" 's place.

It's now beyond doubt IMHO, Kirino's abusive behaviour is a cover for her (improper) feelings towards Kyousuke - both to convince others and herself.
It was already strongly hinting at that when she got jealous after he stayed over at Manami.
Now it is beyond any doubt. She tried to cover up her feelings by being grumpy towards Kyousuke, but that doesn't really work.

Quote:
I can see a confession coming in the finale.
But given that this is a TV series, it will proper end at that...
Yes, it's very possible that she'll come to the realisation soon that her cover-up is pointless, as she can't even convince herself, and then drop it and treat Kyousuke quite differently then. She might even confess to him then... or they could keep the confession (and anything resulting from it) for the second season.
Old 2010-12-10, 14:24   Link #147
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
kirino

Does anyone here question Kirino's sexuality? The closest thing she's ever shown an attraction to has been girls. She seemed to be enjoying that eroge in ep 9 a little too much (licking her lips, calling rinko hot, replaying the "i love you" scene over and over again, preparation for the H scene). It makes more sense for her to be a closet lesbian than in love with her brother. My hope for their relationship is to become close as siblings (Kyousuke standing up to her because he's her brother and it's his duty to standing up for Kirino herself.
Old 2010-12-10, 14:49   Link #148
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessDestiny View Post
Does anyone here question Kirino's sexuality? The closest thing she's ever shown an attraction to has been girls. She seemed to be enjoying that eroge in ep 9 a little too much (licking her lips, calling rinko hot, replaying the "i love you" scene over and over again, preparation for the H scene). It makes more sense for her to be a closet lesbian than in love with her brother.
How? Or are you saying that it makes more sense because...

Quote:
My hope for their relationship is to become close as siblings (Kyousuke standing up to her because he's her brother and it's his duty to standing up for Kirino herself.
...this is your desired outcome?

Perhaps from a western perspective the "closeted lesbian" thing makes sense, but my understanding is that in Japanese culture, they are fairly permissive of school-girls engaging in 'romantic friendships' with other girls, because it provides a relatively safe (no risk of pregnancy, not having to bridge typical gender gaps) environment for young girls to learn about the basics of relationships.

Besides, the fact that she is focused specifically with little sisters instead of females in general is an indicator that her interest in said eroge is not because they are girls, but because she's projecting her desire to be a beloved little sister, which has thus far been unattended by Kyousuke.

I'm not saying your theory is impossible, but I always urge people to be cautious in assessing what seems 'accurate' in this series, because a lot of people have a strong squick reaction to the incest theme, to the point that they will try to read it out of existence.
Old 2010-12-10, 15:36   Link #149
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
I highly doubt that the anime will go that route. I'd be shocked if they did.
Old 2010-12-10, 21:49   Link #150
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
I highly doubt that the anime will go that route. I'd be shocked if they did.
Oh, I have my doubts that the anime will end in a Kyousuke/Kirino pairing, but that's because of my assessment of Kyousuke. Incest is a touchy subject for many, but this would not be the first anime to explore it by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 2010-12-12, 14:50   Link #151
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Does anyone here question Kirino's sexuality? The closest thing she's ever shown an attraction to has been girls.
True... absolutely nothing wrong with that

Quote:
She seemed to be enjoying that eroge in ep 9 a little too much (licking her lips, calling rinko hot, replaying the "i love you" scene over and over again, preparation for the H scene). It makes more sense for her to be a closet lesbian than in love with her brother.
If you look at it like that... yes. We can still hope
I would appreciate that, and getting a Kirino x Ayase or Kirino x Kuroneko ending, much more than getting a Kirino x Kyousuke ending... sadly it doesn't seem to be very likely

Quote:
My hope for their relationship is to become close as siblings (Kyousuke standing up to her because he's her brother and it's his duty to standing up for Kirino herself.
Yes, let Kirino be close as siblings and then get together with Ayase or Kuroneko. If anything, the first would be probably more likely, as Ayase has already shown lesbian tendencies, the way she fought over Kirino back then
Old 2010-12-13, 21:23   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The thing I find fascinating about the character Kirino is how polarizing she has been to the Animesuki crowd. Not too many neutrals or moderates in discussing her.

I suppose thats the mark that an author likes to hear - that he or she has developed something that people feel strongly about (rather like the comment goggle-glasses girl makes when Kuroneko and Kirino meet and storm).
Old 2010-12-13, 21:31   Link #153
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The thing I find fascinating about the character Kirino is how polarizing she has been to the Animesuki crowd. Not too many neutrals or moderates in discussing her.

I suppose thats the mark that an author likes to hear - that he or she has developed something that people feel strongly about (rather like the comment goggle-glasses girl makes when Kuroneko and Kirino meet and storm).
I do think one of the reason for the opposites is wether people think she is in love with or has a crush on her brother, or not. If you do, a lot of her actions makes more sense and are able to be seem on a better light instead of she just being a mean spirited person. Like on episode 11, although her way at going at it is bad, it's much better on the viewer eyes imo if you see her acting mean towards manami because she is jealous of her rather then just for the hell of it. There are many other situations like that too.

Of course all in all it depends on the viewer, but i think that distintion is an decisive point for many to like or dislike her.
Old 2010-12-13, 21:32   Link #154
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

sometimes it's just fun to hate people lol
Old 2010-12-15, 00:10   Link #155
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I do think one of the reason for the opposites is wether people think she is in love with or has a crush on her brother, or not. If you do, a lot of her actions makes more sense and are able to be seem on a better light instead of she just being a mean spirited person. Like on episode 11, although her way at going at it is bad, it's much better on the viewer eyes imo if you see her acting mean towards manami because she is jealous of her rather then just for the hell of it. There are many other situations like that too.

Of course all in all it depends on the viewer, but i think that distintion is an decisive point for many to like or dislike her.
Really? I completely buy Kirino having a crush on her brother (or, to put it another way, wanting his attention to be focused on her) - it's the only possible explanation for all her behaviour.

But that doesn't make her any easier to stomach, because, whether deliberate or not, she's good at choosing words that make not only Kyousuke, but also Kuroneko and Saori, feel put down. It's not things like Kirino snubbing Kyousuke (his wry smiles show that he understands some of it), but rather her saying things like "that good-for-nothing" loudly so that he can hear, or "how useless!" when he can't do something that you seriously shouldn't expect him to be able to do (e.g. buy a $300+ ring). Even if she's joking, her tone and attitude are just rotten to the core, and I wouldn't put up with it in someone I knew.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-12-15, 16:32   Link #156
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Even if she's joking, her tone and attitude are just rotten to the core, and I wouldn't put up with it in someone I knew.
That's the thing, it's not a joke, it's a cover.
A cover to convince others and most importantly herself.

Which is why it's so exaggeration.

Now that I think about it, in the light of the amount of eroges she plays, I think I now know why she never addresses Kyousuke as "oni-san". >.>

PS:
As for the ending, if we get the Kirino route, it will never be "explicitly stated" since this is TV. At most it will be heavily indirectly implied.
Old 2010-12-15, 16:55   Link #157
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

Which is why it's so exaggeration.

Now that I think about it, in the light of the amount of eroges she plays, I think I now know why she never addresses Kyousuke as "oni-san". >.>

PS:
As for the ending, if we get the Kirino route, it will never be "explicitly stated" since this is TV. At most it will be heavily indirectly implied.
I think people are underestimating what they're willing to air on T.V.
Old 2010-12-15, 19:21   Link #158
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Actually, at least in some instances, I'm quite sure it's not.

(Not that it being a cover makes it any better in my eyes anyway.)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-12-29, 12:45   Link #159
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
So lets be honest, how many times has this rule been broken in this thread.
Old 2010-12-29, 15:07   Link #160
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
So lets be honest, how many times has this rule been broken in this thread.
Yes, there were really countless Kirino hate posts

Tags
characters