AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 11:26   Link #821
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Looks like the French reviewers are not quite happy with Skyrim they are the only ones iv seen negative reviews from.
That's because we are pretentious snobs. j/k
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 11:39   Link #822
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
So, been playing a heavy-armored-dual-wielding-axe-Nord on expert.(it should've been an Orc for that Berserker power, but I learned that later after playing and too lazy to reload).

It's a blast, only I had a bit of trouble in a certain part of that cave in the Companion's quest line after we encountered the silverhands, so I had to temporarily lower it to normal that one time. Sure, I died a lot everywhere else too, mostly in 1-2 hits from a bandit thug, but I prevailed in the end each time, well, aside from the aforementioned part. I think being a dual-wielding character really is a "kill-them-before-they-kill-you" type of character.

But now at level 35, I absolutely murder everything. Bandits? Dargons? Giants? They won't last 10 seconds if I can get to them close enough. My weapon is personally crafted Legendary Ebony Waraxe with small enchantment (my enchant skill was only 40 by then) The only problem I still has is the boss magicians because they can still easily kill me (vampire lords,etc).

Now to challange myself, I abandon my dragonplate armor and go clothing and mage in that same character (though I still kept my dual weapon, just in case things get ugly). It's fun all over again. I need to play differently than what I did as a dual wielding warrior. Boss magicians become major pain in the ass now though.

The next time I make a new character, I plan on being a stealthy type. Haven't used sneaking much or at all during my current game.
Learn Quick Reflexes as soon you get 30 blocking..really helps 2 handed builds since you can pretty much dodge everthing except for projectiles.
Old 2011-11-17, 13:00   Link #823
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
That's because we are pretentious snobs. j/k
Tis a american game~ Tuuu! I spit on its CD

right? just kiddin.
Old 2011-11-17, 13:42   Link #824
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Tis a american game~ Tuuu! I spit on its CD

right? just kiddin.
Somewhere there needs to be a castle that flings dead cows and hurls insults at the player...
Old 2011-11-17, 13:55   Link #825
User190323
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Learn Quick Reflexes as soon you get 30 blocking..really helps 2 handed builds since you can pretty much dodge everthing except for projectiles.
didn't know that thnx!! gonna do it as soon as i play skyrim again but first...league of legends!! :P
User190323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 14:53   Link #826
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieHond View Post
didn't know that thnx!! gonna do it as soon as i play skyrim again but first...league of legends!! :P
Neither did I, damn, off to Skyrim!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 15:13   Link #827
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

About 10hrs into the game now and my biggest gripe with the game is the combat is kind of crappy. Feels so stiff, and enemies don't stagger when getting hit, let alone even show some sort of noticeable sign when getting hit. In the beginning I'm wondering if I'm even landing a hit, I just end up figuring as long as I'm swinging and stand next to em, I'm hitting em.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 15:14   Link #828
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I have this problem with dragons killing NPC who offers side quest. Any solution other than console command resurrect?

Also, leveling up skills is rather easy as long as you have pick pocket high up and a large resource of gold. Get muffle, find 1-3 trainers of your choice. Train from trainers, pick pocket them after, use muffle to level up illusion and therefore breaking the 5 per level limit. I haven't actually tried this, but theoretically it works.
Old 2011-11-17, 15:18   Link #829
frozn

Quote:
Yea I remember that damned cave, I gave up on it till I get higher levels. and as far as i can tell, no it doesn't scale like oblivion. (Thank, GOD-er talos...akatosh?.. what ever )
Anyone know at which level should be attempted the mission *Troubles in Skyrim* in the Shimmering Cave ? I'm a level 16 battle-mage and I attended to kill the two last mobs of the dungeon without success. I'm playing the expert difficulty.

Thank you!
frozn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 15:38   Link #830
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I have this problem with dragons killing NPC who offers side quest. Any solution other than console command resurrect?

Also, leveling up skills is rather easy as long as you have pick pocket high up and a large resource of gold. Get muffle, find 1-3 trainers of your choice. Train from trainers, pick pocket them after, use muffle to level up illusion and therefore breaking the 5 per level limit. I haven't actually tried this, but theoretically it works.
I think shouts generaly aggro the dragons on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
About 10hrs into the game now and my biggest gripe with the game is the combat is kind of crappy. Feels so stiff, and enemies don't stagger when getting hit, let alone even show some sort of noticeable sign when getting hit. In the beginning I'm wondering if I'm even landing a hit, I just end up figuring as long as I'm swinging and stand next to em, I'm hitting em.

Your attacks are obviously not doing enough damage.

If any attack made them or the player stagger, good luck being melee.
Old 2011-11-17, 15:41   Link #831
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
I think shouts generaly aggro the dragons on you.
Can a dragon attack a village offscreen? Also shouts aggros the dragon is news.
Old 2011-11-17, 15:42   Link #832
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I was dual-wielding from the get go, so I didn't get much chance to block anything
My block skill is still at 20 even now lol.

I have found that fast healing really is fast, though I can't feel very safe using it in tight battles unlike a potion drunk from the item menu.

Btw how does destruction level up? Is it how long/often you cast the spell or how much damage you deal with it? Also, I think magic stagger is a must if you want to be anything good at destruction.
Old 2011-11-17, 15:47   Link #833
frozn

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I was dual-wielding from the get go, so I didn't get much chance to block anything
My block skill is still at 20 even now lol.

I have found that fast healing really is fast, though I can't feel very safe using it in tight battles unlike a potion drunk from the item menu.

Btw how does destruction level up? Is it how long/often you cast the spell or how much damage you deal with it? Also, I think magic stagger is a must if you want to be anything good at destruction.
About the destruction leveling, it is the ammount of damage you deal with it.
frozn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 19:33   Link #834
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Lol, I did that at lower levels :P I also married a heavy armour trainer and can trade the money right back. Seriously, why would your spouse even charge for training you in the first place??? :P
Old 2011-11-17, 19:57   Link #835
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Can a dragon attack a village offscreen? Also shouts aggros the dragon is news.
every time i use full fos ro dah on a dragon he aggros towards me. and no they cant off screen. but they can attack if you're there. this is just so towns dont get wiped and killing all the quest givers.
Old 2011-11-17, 19:59   Link #836
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just got my copy...kinda funny you cannot kill main characters in the story here. Also it's better to steal items easily paid off. Side quests are cooler than the main story.

btw who are hoarders of items here please say "I".
Old 2011-11-17, 20:27   Link #837
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
btw who are hoarders of items here please say "I".
Guilty for collecting books
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 22:12   Link #838
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I'm a thief with stealth+bow+2 one hand+ light amour. Should i join DB? I know they are like assassin guild. But do they counts as "good guy" in this game? Will I have to slit innocent's throat and be hunted by town guards days and nights?

Haven't steal anything much in this game, back in Fallout 2, there was once when i literally went halfway with stealing everything that every NPC had. From flowers to random rocks. Graduated from a thief to a model citizen now....

...unless, should i join the DB?
Old 2011-11-17, 22:42   Link #839
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I'm a thief with stealth+bow+2 one hand+ light amour. Should i join DB? I know they are like assassin guild. But do they counts as "good guy" in this game? Will I have to slit innocent's throat and be hunted by town guards days and nights?
Dark Brotherhood is not good. At all. They're an assassin's guild, they're cutthroats. As utilitarian and pragmatic as you'd expect, with a lot of jolly wickedness and psychopaths mixed in to even out their methodical precision.

Black Sacrament is their 'call'. It involves a lot of dismembering of a body, which is as unpleasant as it sounds. When someone does this and the target is named, The Dark Brotherhood, by their law, to fulfill the contract.

They'll kill anyone, from a jolly family of Bretons to an insane Dunmer rotting away in prison. Killing is easy for them, what they're doing it for is either enjoyment or money. Some do it for both. All that really matters to them is not getting caught in the process.

Get past all that slasher smiling, throat slitting business and you'll realize something. They're close, literally like family. All you have to do is enter a base of their's and they'll look at you like they've just reunited with a long lost sibling. The majority of the Brotherhood is like this, though some members are just grumpy.

If this sounds good to you, then the Night Mother WANTS YOU as part of the dark brotherhood.

*wheeze*Ohbythewayimayhaveneglectedtomentionthisbu titsalsopossibletogetadarkbrtoherhoodassassinafter youingame*cough, hack, cough*
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 22:50   Link #840
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Sounds like a good place where i will enjoy to butcher them then. Tell me the location of their 'den' so i will go there when i get a bit stronger

One of the worst bug in this game, (and to my advantage), is you can jump to a random location and get mobs stuck not knowing how to get to you. Too many times i basically rain down arrows to kill certain mobs/ boss. Which is impossible for me otherwise. I knows that I should adjust the level of difficulty down from expert if i can't fight the boss one on one. But fighting normal mobs are quite challenge at this moment. Only bosses or giants are huge issue.

But seriously, i am at ~15 now, got full set elven (gilded), an elven dagger and glass axe, and dwarf bow. Got all of them to superior (you know the refining armor things). Can easily sneaked behind a bandit boss, slashed him with x6 damage.... ... and he lost like 3-5% of his hp.... He strikes back with his steel dagger. Boom 30-40% hp gone

I don't know how other spell casting deal with it. But it's quite impossible to melee them

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim