Old 2012-08-17, 05:05   Link #3281
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Darksiders and Batman: Arkham asylum

I somehow want to drop darksiders
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 13:41   Link #3282
Smikimimi

Halo reach! I can't wait for Halo 4 to come out, so I just play online waiting for it xD
Old 2012-08-17, 22:26   Link #3283
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
A bit annoyed at the eShop price for the game, but it's a fun game nonetheless. It's your typical Mario game- unparalleled platforming and full of colour. I wonder how hard it is to gather one million coins...?
Old 2012-08-17, 22:35   Link #3284
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Tales of Vesperia, Beautiful Katamari and THE iDOLM@STER 2. This strange mix of saving the world, rolling it up and spreading cuteness over it is unbelievably zen.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:22   Link #3285
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Currently playing "Tales of Graces f". Only a few hours in but I'm liking it so far. I'm liking the battle system and I also enjoy collecting the titles in this one as you pretty much "need" to gather/unlock them in this one to get new skills and costumes.

Pascal x Sophie.

Currently debating on whether or not to get extra PSN points to get the "Code Geass" and "THE iDOLM@STER" costume DLCs. At the very least I'd like the iM@S costumes.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:41   Link #3286
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It turns out that Prototype is freakishly difficult to play after playing Prototype 2...
Old 2012-08-19, 13:13   Link #3287
Eragon
Still Alive

Currently playing Dead Space - One thing I can say about it is that I can't and won't play it with my headphones on.
Old 2012-08-19, 14:03   Link #3288
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Playing some more Shining Hearts and got a bit further with my limited Japanese Vocabulary (already completed everything from the Elementary Japanese textbooks, so I have a basic understanding what they are saying) and definitely a lot better than the shallow Anime adaptation. Also, the other characters that join the party has more character development. In addition, the game explains about those Heart Keys regarding Kaguya which the Anime didn't bother to explain about... go figures. :/
Old 2012-08-19, 14:14   Link #3289
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Just got system that could handle some of the games I bought during the Steam summer sale. Finished the No Mercy heist on Payday: The Heist.
Old 2012-08-19, 14:48   Link #3290
spikexp

Finished Tales of vesperia 360... now not stating another game before dark souls pc.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 14:53   Link #3291
paratroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Currently playing "Tales of Graces f". Only a few hours in but I'm liking it so far. I'm liking the battle system and I also enjoy collecting the titles in this one as you pretty much "need" to gather/unlock them in this one to get new skills and costumes.

Pascal x Sophie.

Currently debating on whether or not to get extra PSN points to get the "Code Geass" and "THE iDOLM@STER" costume DLCs. At the very least I'd like the iM@S costumes.
I'm jealous!! I've seen some of the cutscenes/skits for that game and it looks really good! Sophie has a Miku costume DLC which looks amazing!

Currently playing PGR4 and trying to get at least Gold for all the Arcade events.
Old 2012-08-22, 00:32   Link #3292
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Still working on Persona 4: The Arena, just gotta go through the Story Mode and maybe reach Level 30 on Online Mode... not sure if I wanna tackle Score Attack again~

DS: Started up Chrono Trigger again.... cause honestly, I haven't completed the game.... even back on the SNES. Always get really far into it, and end up moving onto something else. Hopefully I can fully get through this game now, cause it's so good~

PSP: Still juggling Unchained Blades, Riviera: The Promised Land, and Persona 2... they're just all so goood~
Old 2012-08-22, 01:17   Link #3293
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroid View Post
I'm jealous!! I've seen some of the cutscenes/skits for that game and it looks really good! Sophie has a Miku costume DLC which looks amazing!

Currently playing PGR4 and trying to get at least Gold for all the Arcade events.
Well it depends on whether you're into JP versions of the game or not but "Graces F" is now in the "PS3 THE BEST" category, IN JAPAN, so you could find that relatively cheap. If you want the US version just give it time, I'm sure it'll eventually go down to the $20~$30range.

It's fairly addicting, I've cut off hours of sleep and work to progress in the game...orz. I haven't played a game this addicting since...Tales of Vesperia. LOL, damn you BandaiNamco~!! They're taking a good portion of my life. LOL...wait, that may actually be true if I did the math...orz

So yeah, still playing Graces F, currently 25hrs in and
Spoiler for currently at:
Old 2012-08-22, 01:33   Link #3294
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I am currently playing LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PS3) , I have already beaten the storylines for Years 1-3 !
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 14:34   Link #3295
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well it depends on whether you're into JP versions of the game or not but "Graces F" is now in the "PS3 THE BEST" category, IN JAPAN, so you could find that relatively cheap. If you want the US version just give it time, I'm sure it'll eventually go down to the $20~$30range.

It's fairly addicting, I've cut off hours of sleep and work to progress in the game...orz. I haven't played a game this addicting since...Tales of Vesperia. LOL, damn you BandaiNamco~!! They're taking a good portion of my life. LOL...wait, that may actually be true if I did the math...orz
From my own experiences, Tales games in NA stay at full price until they just literally fall off the face of the continent. Tales of Vesperia was a rare case where it dropped to $20, but there was like one copy everywhere and they never came back. I actually gave off my first copy to my best friend since she was leaving and loved the game, but it took me forever to find another copy. I actually ordered it online (for cheap, but don't expect it in stores for cheaper).

As for Tales of Graces F, I didn't get too far into it my first time, so I'm taking that opportunity to wait until I can start over and record it. I greatly await what the game has to fully offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
PS3: Still working on Persona 4: The Arena, just gotta go through the Story Mode and maybe reach Level 30 on Online Mode... not sure if I wanna tackle Score Attack again~

DS: Started up Chrono Trigger again.... cause honestly, I haven't completed the game.... even back on the SNES. Always get really far into it, and end up moving onto something else. Hopefully I can fully get through this game now, cause it's so good~

PSP: Still juggling Unchained Blades, Riviera: The Promised Land, and Persona 2... they're just all so goood~
Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest RPGs of ALL TIME. I actually own a copy on the SNES and would happily play it over from the start at any time.

Surprisingly good as well is Riviera: The Promised Land. I remember checking the game out way back on GBA, and I loved its ingenious system of multiple-use items and unique classes for characters. Serene, Lina and Ein ALWAYS became my strongest units. shhhhSereneisOP Fantastic game though, they even added voice acting and better effects/graphics on the PSP version.
Old 2012-08-22, 15:06   Link #3296
paratroid

Quote:

So yeah, still playing Graces F, currently 25hrs in and
Spoiler for currently at:
It's not the game itself I can't get, I don't have a PS3 to play it on T_T If I get one in the future though it's definitely gonna be one of the games I'm getting (looking forward to not sleeping! XD)

Moved to replaying Fable II, almost finished it the first time around before leaving it so hopefully I'll get further this time!
Old 2012-08-28, 11:58   Link #3297
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
From my own experiences, Tales games in NA stay at full price until they just literally fall off the face of the continent. Tales of Vesperia was a rare case where it dropped to $20, but there was like one copy everywhere and they never came back. I actually gave off my first copy to my best friend since she was leaving and loved the game, but it took me forever to find another copy. I actually ordered it online (for cheap, but don't expect it in stores for cheaper).

As for Tales of Graces F, I didn't get too far into it my first time, so I'm taking that opportunity to wait until I can start over and record it. I greatly await what the game has to fully offer.

Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest RPGs of ALL TIME. I actually own a copy on the SNES and would happily play it over from the start at any time.

Surprisingly good as well is Riviera: The Promised Land. I remember checking the game out way back on GBA, and I loved its ingenious system of multiple-use items and unique classes for characters. Serene, Lina and Ein ALWAYS became my strongest units. shhhhSereneisOP Fantastic game though, they even added voice acting and better effects/graphics on the PSP version.
Yeah, but I guess it depends on where you look.

Graces f was pretty good. Just cleared the game's bonus arc the other night. Though it didn't take as long as I expected. I spent 100hrs on Vesperia on my first playthrough but I only spent 60hrs so far on Graces f. But now that I've cleared it I can now allow myself to go online and look at walkthroughs, etc to see what I missed. (I don't allow myself to look at walkthroughs, FAQs unless I clear the game...or possibly stuck with no idea what to do, like in the first Neptune game)

But I do love how unique it is compared to the other Tales series. Sure, each Tales is a little bit more unique then the other but Graces f is pretty unique compared to the other Tales series I've played. Though I've only played Phantasia, Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Graces f so...I don't think I'm the position to say much on the matter.

The battle system was different from what I was used to, no TPs. Instead characters are given CC points and can perform actions until the CC is used up. And while in Vesperia where you gained skills from weapons and armor, in Graces f you got skills from the Titles you've acquired. Hence the large number of titles for the characters, easily 100+ on most of them.

I really liked the variety of titles and how some of them affected the game. Some titles even change the characters' after battle conversations, nice. That was another thing I liked in the game, the conversations between characters during the result screen of the battle. Some of them are just so ridiculous...

Not to mention...
Spoiler for spoiler:

Enough on Graces f. Chrono Trigger being one of the best RPGs ever? Agreed. Riviera? Also agreed that it's a great game. Has a fairly gorgeous VA cast including Kugimiya Rie and Goto Yuko. Personally I favored Cierra and Serene in my party. I also loved the multiple endings. My favorite ending was...
Spoiler for spoiler:

Currently waiting on:
-Neptune V (this week)
-SD Gundam G Generation Overworld (late September)
-THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Festa (late October)
-Fate/EXTRA CCC (sometime next year)
Old 2012-08-28, 12:43   Link #3298
DarkAkira

PC: Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition
PSP: Valkyria Chronicles 2
DarkAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 14:59   Link #3299
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Graces f was pretty good. Just cleared the game's bonus arc the other night. Though it didn't take as long as I expected. I spent 100hrs on Vesperia on my first playthrough but I only spent 60hrs so far on Graces f. But now that I've cleared it I can now allow myself to go online and look at walkthroughs, etc to see what I missed. (I don't allow myself to look at walkthroughs, FAQs unless I clear the game...or possibly stuck with no idea what to do, like in the first Neptune game)

But I do love how unique it is compared to the other Tales series. Sure, each Tales is a little bit more unique then the other but Graces f is pretty unique compared to the other Tales series I've played. Though I've only played Phantasia, Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Graces f so...I don't think I'm the position to say much on the matter.

The battle system was different from what I was used to, no TPs. Instead characters are given CC points and can perform actions until the CC is used up. And while in Vesperia where you gained skills from weapons and armor, in Graces f you got skills from the Titles you've acquired. Hence the large number of titles for the characters, easily 100+ on most of them.

I really liked the variety of titles and how some of them affected the game. Some titles even change the characters' after battle conversations, nice. That was another thing I liked in the game, the conversations between characters during the result screen of the battle. Some of them are just so ridiculous...

Not to mention...
Spoiler for spoiler:

Enough on Graces f. Chrono Trigger being one of the best RPGs ever? Agreed. Riviera? Also agreed that it's a great game. Has a fairly gorgeous VA cast including Kugimiya Rie and Goto Yuko. Personally I favored Cierra and Serene in my party. I also loved the multiple endings. My favorite ending was...
Spoiler for spoiler:

Currently waiting on:
-Neptune V (this week)
-SD Gundam G Generation Overworld (late September)
-THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Festa (late October)
-Fate/EXTRA CCC (sometime next year)
I just wanted to say that you broke the damn curse. I went in the other day to find Tales of Graces F had dropped $20; did it really sell THAT poorly?

Anyways, I pulled up my Chrono Trigger cart yesterday and started playing it again after its mention here. There really is no better way to play this than on an old CRT with that dogbone controller in your hands, I tell ya.

I'm probably gonna reclaim my copy of Riviera on PSP as well, since that game was awesome. Seriously, Serene is OP, but you just gotta love her in your squad.
Old 2012-08-28, 15:05   Link #3300
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

NA? The european version currently sells for about £30 (which is insanely high as you can probably tell). I ended up buying it on Games on Demand for an insane 20 something euro and only because I managed to find some good deals on microsoft points (normal price was 30€).

I'll have to pick up Tales of Grace F as soon as it's out this time. I'm not going through that again

Quote:

Not to mention...
Spoiler for spoiler:
Hum... The new system is sounding fantastic to my virtual ears. I wasn't actually a bit fan of the system in Vesperia. For some reason I just couldn't get into it but maybe that's just my bias that's in the way (I tend to enjoy turn-based systems a lot more).

As for what I'm playing: I just started The Answer in Persona 3: FES now that I finally finished the main storyline but I'm not sure if I'll actually play it right away. Chiwa Saitou's voice as Metis is a very tempting proposition but having the battle difficulty stuck on hard when I play mostly for the story is a bitter pill to swallow.

Anyway my backlog is humongous and just keeps on growing so I was thinking of picking Lost Odyssey back up since I kind of stopped at the beginning of disc 3 and haven't picked it up since. And then there's also Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 2 that I never got round to finish (and since the fan translation patch of the 3rd seems to be getting closer maybe I should pick it back up).

And I still want to finish up the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata since I love that game and I stopped very close to the end boss. But since it was one of the 2 reasons that made me get a 360 in the first place I already know the story*.

* The other was Castle Crashers btw. That'll teach me not to bank on Microsoft for an exclusive hum? At least I got Fable II out of it.