AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-14, 05:04   Link #121
Mcfart

I really liked Ep2, especially the cleaning/baseball field scene. It's interesting that Riki had some flashback or something of all the routes.....
Old 2012-10-14, 05:41   Link #122
Magicflier

Well after episode 2 and finding out that Komari's arc will show first and in a few episodes.. it's just about as long as Fuko's arc (3-4 episodes directly involving the arc) which was the first arc in Clannad (might be a bad idea to compare these two again..) but I just wanted to point that out to you all.. though I am aware of the length of Komari's route but many of the lines can be told in the background reducing the length by alot. Well this is what i think though:

I'm only being optimistic here but from my perspective,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Magicflier; 2012-10-14 at 05:56.
Old 2012-10-14, 07:03   Link #123
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

I also think most of the routes can be shortened without much problems, because not much happens in them, really.
Old 2012-10-14, 08:56   Link #124
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'm late to the party...I know...

Here's to me hoping they still include the loops...which I believe is an integral part of the plot.
Then again I dunno if the anime will want to have Riki and all the girls form the same relationship as in the VN routes...

PS: Now matter how bad the anime gets (which I doubt it will get bad at all judging by the first few episodes) I will still give it high marks if they keep Kurugaya's true ending...because it's Anego and I'm biased...
Old 2012-10-14, 09:58   Link #125
Dizzyworld2

Regarding the episode Riki had after reading the note, I don't think that it's to say that Riki had already gone through the character routes and is currently on the road to Rin2.
Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2012-10-14, 10:32   Link #126
Team Rocket Elite

Regarding secret of the world scenes.
Spoiler for Secret of the world:
Old 2012-10-14, 10:49   Link #127
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Regarding secret of the world scenes.
Spoiler for Secret of the world:
Spoiler for Refrain spoiler because everyone else is doing it?:
Old 2012-10-14, 11:10   Link #128
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Right now I'm going with the theory that the events in that flashback/forward were for pure hook purposes and they didn't necessarily have any connection to what was going on inside Riki's head at the moment. Showing shots from Refrain just doesn't work, no matter how you try to explain it...
Old 2012-10-14, 11:19   Link #129
Team Rocket Elite

Spoiler for Refrain spoilers:
Old 2012-10-14, 14:17   Link #130
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Someone already asked about it in the current episode thread. I was thinking, what could it be? Is it just an easter egg, or maybe some hint to saito? I would love it if they put more emphasis on the whole mask tradition, like, i dunno, our school is related to an ancient tribe of savages and shamans
Okay, about the image.... what the heck is Masato doing? No wait, I think I know - it just seems so lonely that Riki left his friend doing the muscle dance all by himself.
Old 2012-10-14, 14:59   Link #131
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

According to Masato, he has some allergies that make him dance without reason.
Old 2012-10-14, 15:06   Link #132
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
According to Masato, he has some allergies that make him dance without reason.
It's Masato...seems legit.
Old 2012-10-14, 15:09   Link #133
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Everything Muscle Idiot says its legit.
Old 2012-10-14, 15:20   Link #134
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Now that you mention muscle...is it me or does Masato seem a little...less buff in the anime?
Old 2012-10-14, 15:39   Link #135
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Yes, he seems less buffed.
Old 2012-10-14, 18:07   Link #136
Serphirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post
Right now I'm going with the theory that the events in that flashback/forward were for pure hook purposes and they didn't necessarily have any connection to what was going on inside Riki's head at the moment. Showing shots from Refrain just doesn't work, no matter how you try to explain it...
Maybe now both Riki and Rin in the past, managed to surpass that "magic barrier" (the irremediable loop from Rin1) and they reached Refrain but (and that's the original anime influence) they were not strong enough at that time and Kyosuke once again reseted the world and that's how they are here now with those unconcious memories.

In fact both Riki and Rin maybe have lived those worlds countless times, and Riki might have been interested in different girls every time and that's how he remember those route stories. Because he already lived those scenes in the past. And they might managed to reached Refrain many times but even so, they were unable to avoid the reset (convince Kyousuke of not to loop the world again)
The detail here is that in the game, when you acceded to Refrain is due both to Riki and Rin are strong enough to face the reality, or in other words when you unlock Refrain, the resets are over, that's the end of the story. Here (if that theory is correct) even Refrain don't guarantee that they may prevent the reset of the world.
The question then is, how they can reach the end? I think just overcoming all the obstacles that the different worlds put front of them, in a perfect way.

Don't know, this is the only thought that comes to mind to explain those Refrain scenes.
Old 2012-10-14, 18:13   Link #137
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
The detail here is that in the game, when you acceded to Refrain is due both to Riki and Rin are strong enough to face the reality, or in other words when you unlock Refrain, the resets are over, that's the end of the story.
No, unlocking Refrain means you finished Rin 2, and is so because Kyousuke's plans messed up big time at the end of his sister's route.

Though I have no idea of the context, isn't it clear that they're doing heroine routes anyway? So, assuming these are "flashbacks", I imagine it'd quite be stifling for anime audiences to have to be introduced to the "flashback of the month" when watching the series - as opposed to the natural progression of events. In fact, from the little I watched last week, Riki wasn't his "stronger" self yet.
Old 2012-10-14, 19:12   Link #138
Serphirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
No, unlocking Refrain means you finished Rin 2, and is so because Kyousuke's plans messed up big time at the end of his sister's route.
I mean, the point is that when you unlock Refrain there are no new resets. But Riki in the anime saw Refrain images in his mind. So, that's my explanation of that. When you managed to get to Refrain, you don't need to re-start everything, due to this leads directly to the end of the story. But here in the anime, "if we assume that are unconcious flashbacks of course" they already lived those moments. But for some reason the world loops again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Though I have no idea of the context, isn't it clear that they're doing heroine routes anyway? So, assuming these are "flashbacks", I imagine it'd quite be stifling for anime audiences to have to be introduced to the "flashback of the month" when watching the series - as opposed to the natural progression of events. In fact, from the little I watched last week, Riki wasn't his "stronger" self yet.
By the information Shiina gave us, it seems they're gonna do heroine routes, don't they?
Old 2012-10-14, 21:23   Link #139
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

I think what Balzac means is that Refrain can only work as a one-time thing. Rin and Kyousuke both get traumatized after Rin2, which leads to the events of Refrain, which leads to the end of the story. You could say that they failed Refrain and did another reset, but that kinda... defeats the entire purpose of that route? Most people probably wouldn't like that idea. You just can't nullify the character development during those last two loops. The repeated loop explanation might work for all the other characters, just not Rin2 and Refrain.
Edit: Oh, and one more thing that came to mind. Kyousuke most likely wouldn't make the same mistake he made in Rin2 again. No repeats, nope.

I've been trying to find HQ scans for the magazine page talking about the heroine routes, but this is the only one... The bottom left corner mentions that Komari's route will be eps 4-6, then says that each heroine will get their own episodes in a similar fashion, so yeah.
Old 2012-10-14, 21:55   Link #140
Serphirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post
I think what Balzac means is that Refrain can only work as a one-time thing. Rin and Kyousuke both get traumatized after Rin2, which leads to the events of Refrain, which leads to the end of the story. You could say that they failed Refrain and did another reset, but that kinda... defeats the entire purpose of that route? Most people probably wouldn't like that idea. You just can't nullify the character development during those last two loops. The repeated loop explanation might work for all the other characters, just not Rin2 and Refrain.
Edit: Oh, and one more thing that came to mind. Kyousuke most likely wouldn't make the same mistake he made in Rin2 again. No repeats, nope.
Being sincere, my theory worked better before we knew the events of this second chapter. I just tried to expand it to Refrain but, it's impossible indeed. Right now, I'm a little lost about the real meaning of those "pseudo-flashbacks", I don't wanna think that was just aggregated randomly or just like some cliffhanger without any real meaning.

The point then is that Refrain is "irrepetible" now that you mention it. So, there is not possible to remember scenes that you simply have not lived before.

Actually sounds like they planned: "Hey, let's put some random climax scenes when Riki sees the message to intrigue fans... oh yeah! wow! this is going to be great! Let's do it.".

But, why? I mean, which is it the logical explanation to that? xD
Hopefully there is a good reason behind it.
Closed Thread