AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 02:19   Link #1541
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I wonder if the Brits vs the Germans will get their own episode.

Anyway, yeah, I agree that I can't really see how they're supposed to get by Pravda except insane acts of plot. They're still relatively inexperienced crew in middling-to-crap tanks. Maybe if the Russians gave more of a Budenney vibe and less Katukov I could see it but they look serious, have the rep, and they're using really good tanks.
Old 2012-11-24, 02:36   Link #1542
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what does the omake said? or translations please.
It's the scene where Saori is almost hit by a branch, Hana says she couldn't hear her. And instead of Miho telling Saori to kick Hana's shoulders she tells her to grope her breast.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 03:08   Link #1543
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
Future spoiler?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spoilers
Spoiler for Speculation
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 03:31   Link #1544
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post

Anyway, yeah, I agree that I can't really see how they're supposed to get by Pravda except insane acts of plot. They're still relatively inexperienced crew in middling-to-crap tanks. Maybe if the Russians gave more of a Budenney vibe and less Katukov I could see it but they look serious, have the rep, and they're using really good tanks.
From what I have seen in the series so far, the nishizumi ryu is much better than the any other school. When compare with the Brits or Americans, I can only conclude that if Miho use the same tank as her opponent, she can crush them easily due to superior tactics. so I dont really see how Miho will lose against the russians. When she faces her sister she will probably use some insane tactics to gain the upper hand
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 03:50   Link #1545
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
It's the MAX-03 Adzam from Mobile Suit Gundam. It's one of those Mobile Armors from the Odessa arc.
You do know I always get the name wrong right... But then, if the name is called Adzam, why are they on it... Isnt that overkill?

Quote:
Images
Mako
Where are you looking at, Lowe?

Quote:
Images
Yukari <3
This!

Quote:

Images
Episode 7 preview
Mako confirmed for Toki ver. 2?(And no, I don't mean from Code Breaker or HnK)

I wonder will they show the flashback like only for 10sec, or is it longer to get the idea of what went wrong.

Like I said, we need to get some pizzas...

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-11-24 at 04:03.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 03:56   Link #1546
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Question: During the episode, one mentioned to use the machine gun if I'm not mistaken.... Is that even allowed? Any commander who loves to stick their head out of the tank could be shot and lose their head off....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 04:06   Link #1547
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Question: During the episode, one mentioned to use the machine gun if I'm not mistaken.... Is that even allowed? Any commander who loves to stick their head out of the tank could be shot and lose their head off....
If I am not wrong, machine guns, unless is put beside the turret, tank height is short, or uneven ground(One high one low), may not be able to hit above the turret..
Old 2012-11-24, 04:51   Link #1548
Marina2

Quote:
A machine gun is one of tank weapons so yes, it can be used but why would you use it to fire at a tank?

and......I think they have enough moral not to fire at people, intentionally at least.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-11-24 at 06:11. Reason: fixed spelling
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 04:59   Link #1549
4Tran

Quote:
If the lineup from the OP is right, Black Forest looks like it'll fight using a Tiger I and Pz III's.
If the Black Forest lineup is actually a Tiger I with a bunch of Pz. IIIs, then Pravda's force composition looks even scarier. A T-34/85 has equal armament to a Tiger I and only slightly less frontal armor, and it's a lot faster to boot. Only the side armor is significantly weaker in comparison. A IS-2 is better than a Tiger I in every way save for a lower rate of fire.

Quote:
We probably won't see more than a couple of quick scenes of that fight, and it's mostly because we've already seen St. Gloriana in action already.

Quote:
Tactics do still count for a lot at the lower levels of conflict. Ooarai will have to come up with a much better plan against Pravda if they plan to have any chance though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
From what I have seen in the series so far, the nishizumi ryu is much better than the any other school. When compare with the Brits or Americans, I can only conclude that if Miho use the same tank as her opponent, she can crush them easily due to superior tactics.
If she was using the same tanks as Saunders or St. Gloriana, they would have altered their plans to counter her. Miho's fight against St. Gloriana could easily have ended in disaster since they got outmaneuvered near the start of the combat. Against Saunders, the Shermans got the advantage because they managed to recover from Miho's deception, not because they were using superior tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
so I dont really see how Miho will lose against the russians. When she faces her sister she will probably use some insane tactics to gain the upper hand
Pravda seems to have the best tanks in the tournament, and they're the defending champions. On paper, they are actually a tougher matchup than Black Forest is. Historically, the German army maintained its advantage at the tactical level, but they were greatly overtaken by the Red Army at the operational level.

Quote:
Machine guns were even allowed in their mock combat. I have no idea why given how dangerous against people and useless against tanks that is. Then again, I didn't know that the tanks could catch fire either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
If I am not wrong, machine guns, unless is put beside the turret, tank height is short, or uneven ground(One high one low), may not be able to hit above the turret..
Nope; machine guns have the elevation to take your head off whether it's mounted in the hull or if it's a coaxial mount.
Old 2012-11-24, 05:08   Link #1550
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
A machine gun is one of tank weapons so yes, it can be used but why wuould you use it to fire at a tank?
Uhmmm.. you could ask the American who ordered that in the latest episode.

I wish they were Armor piercing bullets...
Old 2012-11-24, 05:14   Link #1551
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
A T-34/85 has equal armament to a Tiger I
The 85 mm ZiS S-53 was crap when compared to the 8.8 cm KwK 36 L/56. Not sure how on earth you're even comparing the two.
Old 2012-11-24, 06:12   Link #1552
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post

Machine guns were even allowed in their mock combat. I have no idea why given how dangerous against people and useless against tanks that is. Then again, I didn't know that the tanks could catch fire either.

Nope; machine guns have the elevation to take your head off whether it's mounted in the hull or if it's a coaxial mount.
Hit the engine and it will usually blow and catch fire, the best way to instantly immobilize the tank.(Using the main turret...)

Holy cow, there should be a rule stating that there should be NO shooting of machine guns at a personnel in the enemy tank. But then, Why use machine guns in a tournament where all you need to do, is to immobilize the tank?
Old 2012-11-24, 06:23   Link #1553
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Holy cow, there should be a rule stating that there should be NO shooting of machine guns at a personnel in the enemy tank.
I recall that any intentional harming of people is forbidden.

Quote:
But then, Why use machine guns in a tournament where all you need to do, is to immobilize the tank?
Sometimes machine guns can do the job for you.
Old 2012-11-24, 06:28   Link #1554
Marina2

Pravda is also the team that Blackforest (while both Maho and Miho led them) lost to in the last tournament. Defeating them will........

1. Make an indirect revenge for both of Blackforest and Nishizumi family (Miho is ex-vice commander of Blackforest and the member of Nishizumi family) and also regain the honor for Nishizumi family.

2. Prove Miho skill as the member of Nishizumi family and clear her name from whatever the reason for why Maho dislike her. (Maybe)

The whole problem between Miho and her sister may end after the match with Pravda and the final will be a happy match between sister.

.................................................. ...............

Other than those three characters in OP that we suspect to be crews of new tank, they may try to invite
"Sodoko" and her friend to join them too. (If they found other tanks)
http://imgur.com/Nh1Jx

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-11-24 at 06:48.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 06:40   Link #1555
wontaek

Wouldn't the machine guns be sufficient to damage the Type 89 they were chasing? Type 89's armor was pretty weak. As for actual "fight" while the machine gun won't damage much, it might hinder the opponent in many ways. First, there will be noise factor which would have psychological effect on less experienced opponent, as well as possible disruption of communication. Second, machine gun burst may damage little things like some of "accessory parts" on the outer shell, communication antennae, smoke discharger, or sight aid, and perhaps some little pieces in the caterpillar . It won't take out a tank, but with luck, you might reduce its combat capability a little. Please tell me how plausible my guess is.
Old 2012-11-24, 07:01   Link #1556
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Wouldn't the machine guns be sufficient to damage the Type 89 they were chasing? Type 89's armor was pretty weak. As for actual "fight" while the machine gun won't damage much, it might hinder the opponent in many ways. First, there will be noise factor which would have psychological effect on less experienced opponent, as well as possible disruption of communication. Second, machine gun burst may damage little things like some of "accessory parts" on the outer shell, communication antennae, smoke discharger, or sight aid, and perhaps some little pieces in the caterpillar . It won't take out a tank, but with luck, you might reduce its combat capability a little. Please tell me how plausible my guess is.
I think you got points there. Bullets noise are irritating and luckily one may hit the weak back and damage the engine or have fuel leak out...
Old 2012-11-24, 09:40   Link #1557
Gravitas Free Zone

I wonder if the "Not deliberately shooting at humans" rule applies more to totally-dismounted crew, while unbuttoned TCs still count as part of the tank in the event that a shell ends up smearing them over turret. We've seen all sides willing to fire at tanks that have exposed crewmembers.

It does seem that the MG usage is uncommon; when Arisa demands that the MG be used, the gunner says "But it's not as cool!", while Arisa is at least more practical (and emphatic) about it.

One thing I can infer with certainty is that it would be a deliberate perversion of the rules to have your entire crew, except for the driver and maybe the gunner, sitting on the deck as human shields...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 10:40   Link #1558
Random Wanderer

The rule says if you kill someone you are disqualified. It makes no distinction about where the person is.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 10:40   Link #1559
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Maho-Nee
Old 2012-11-24, 12:24   Link #1560
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The 85 mm ZiS S-53 was crap when compared to the 8.8 cm KwK 36 L/56. Not sure how on earth you're even comparing the two.
Was it significantly weaker? Where is that documented?

Quote:
Hit the engine and it will usually blow and catch fire, the best way to instantly immobilize the tank.(Using the main turret...)
We already know that the tanks are protected well enough with advanced technology to keep crew members from dying when they get hit. I assumed that this would be enough to protect the crew compartment and other critical components like the engine. Knockouts should have been calculated based on how hard the armor was hit, and not by whether the target is actually penetrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
The only machine gun that will do much against even a very light tank's armor is the .50 that the Americans used as a pintle mount. Saunders' Shermans don't have this weapon, so the only possible effect is to rattle an inexperienced crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
One thing I can infer with certainty is that it would be a deliberate perversion of the rules to have your entire crew, except for the driver and maybe the gunner, sitting on the deck as human shields...
It's a judged contest contest, so I'm pretty sure that you'd get disqualified for pulling that trick.It's a judged contest contest, so I'm pretty sure that you'd get disqualified for pulling that trick.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks