Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 04:28   Link #1101
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well guys the PV for Episode 9 is out.
And from what I saw its only about the boss fight against Gleam Eyes.
http://www.swordart-online.net/story/index09.html
That's great. A lot of people have been waiting for a Boss battle like Episode 2, and this one seems to go all out in the budget lawl.

And see there's the Army guys!

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 04:33   Link #1102
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
HOney moon? Was there really a honeymoon? In the doujinshi's, Yeah...

But I like what you're thinking...

But I got doubts that it'll be happening...

but I like you're thinking!!!!

Mine is:

Spoiler for Probable Episode Sequencing:

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-08-29 at 05:51.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 05:42   Link #1103
AP24

I'm sure some people are looking forward to see vol1 ch16 in the anime which probably will happen in ep10 or 11.

I'm curious how much will "it" be shown in the anime. Those who haven't read the novels probably will think "WHAT THE, it's happening too fast". Guess we'll find out soon.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 06:49   Link #1104
Ray
Garnet

Army, Klein's guild, and it looks like Kirito is going to solo it. All's as it should be. :>
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 06:58   Link #1105
Lota

^
^ I know what you mean, when I read the novels I was like "ok, that was fast", but it was fine because up to that point it was already clear that both of them were in love. We knew what Kirito was thinking and feeling, it was all written, but in the anime, what you see is what you get. We can't hear their thoughts. Usually, it takes a while for male characters, especially harem protagonists, to kiss the girl, and I can already imagine anime-only viewers around episode 11: oh, they kissed, awwwww :3 ... huh? Wait, what did he say? Spend the night together? What? What's going on? Why is she taking off her clothes? Wait, that's too fast, what are they doing? Omg, no no no no no AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! XDDDD

Getting both the kiss and "that" scene in the same episode might be a bit much. I think they won't show "it", but everyone will understand what happened XD But if they completely cut the scene and make it... not happen, I will be angry, as I consider it to be a quite important scene, I mean, he proposed to her!
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:39   Link #1106
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Oh boy I'm getting all flustered thinking about it, forget the "anime-only" viewers I won't be able to take that scene in animation!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 08:56   Link #1107
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I cannot say it on that thread because by doing so, it will reveal that some of the 'speculations' are spoilers and this will result in immediate spoiling.
I think it's fine as long as you aren't going around pointing out who's posts are spoilers. I've seen posts in there from anime only people who are virtually spot on in terms of what is going to happen, so it's not like it's only novel people who are posting stuff "that will happen". As long as you aren't singling out specific people or posts, and use a blanket statement people aren't going to know what is a spoiler.

If you think it's that big of a problem (in that it's happening way too much), may I suggest that in the request for new threads topic you suggest that for each episode they have a "anime only" thread and a "novel readers only" thread and then like for a rather large number of other issues that caused them to spawn off similar threads for other discussion topics, we can simply proceed to ignoring each others threads and won't have as much cross contamination of spoilers?
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:27   Link #1108
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It's a good idea you're proposing, but it's too unwieldy.

That said as a novel reader, I've actually stopped posting here for a while because I keep running into dumbasses who complain about plot holes and I can't say anything because goddamnit spoilers, which results in infractions and warnings and tempbans. This usually results in me having to bang my head against my desk (because it's wood and somewhat flexible, as opposed to the wall which is concrete, and I'm not in the mood to patch up indentations in concrete).

Given that having to bang my head against my desk is a daily occurrence due to high concentrations of stupid at my workplace, for the sake of my desk and my self I had to do something.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:44   Link #1109
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I think it's fine as long as you aren't going around pointing out who's posts are spoilers. I've seen posts in there from anime only people who are virtually spot on in terms of what is going to happen, so it's not like it's only novel people who are posting stuff "that will happen". As long as you aren't singling out specific people or posts, and use a blanket statement people aren't going to know what is a spoiler.

If you think it's that big of a problem (in that it's happening way too much), may I suggest that in the request for new threads topic you suggest that for each episode they have a "anime only" thread and a "novel readers only" thread and then like for a rather large number of other issues that caused them to spawn off similar threads for other discussion topics, we can simply proceed to ignoring each others threads and won't have as much cross contamination of spoilers?
yes, I agree on that but if you look at some of the names who are 'participating' in discussions, they are people who appear in the light novel thread as well. I think someone mentioned about the possibility of previous floors' boss rooms not being anti-crystal and use it 'speculate' the soundness of Kirito's actions, or something like that. I recall he's a novel reader then, but I can't recall who he is now. I didn't report because I can't remember whether that information was available in LN. Like I mentioned, I can't remember the details well enough to catch people. It was only on a later occasion that someone told me on IRC where I hang out about this piece of information while we were discussing about the anime mildly. Of course, I find it a hassle to go and track it down in the episode thread now >_<.

@Wild Goose, indeed you can't say anything, because by doing so, you do spoil people. As to plot holes, well, no doubt the posts which aggravated you might truly not have been plot-holes, but there are plot holes here and there for sure. No story can rid itself of plot holes completely. Even Kawahara has mentioned that there are some inconsistencies which he needs to fix in Progressive.

Last edited by larethian; 2012-08-29 at 09:57.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:55   Link #1110
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
^
^ I know what you mean, when I read the novels I was like "ok, that was fast", but it was fine because up to that point it was already clear that both of them were in love. We knew what Kirito was thinking and feeling, it was all written, but in the anime, what you see is what you get. We can't hear their thoughts. Usually, it takes a while for male characters, especially harem protagonists, to kiss the girl, and I can already imagine anime-only viewers around episode 11: oh, they kissed, awwwww :3 ... huh? Wait, what did he say? Spend the night together? What? What's going on? Why is she taking off her clothes? Wait, that's too fast, what are they doing? Omg, no no no no no AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! XDDDD

Getting both the kiss and "that" scene in the same episode might be a bit much. I think they won't show "it", but everyone will understand what happened XD But if they completely cut the scene and make it... not happen, I will be angry, as I consider it to be a quite important scene, I mean, he proposed to her!
As long as this moment is in the show, I'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I had an idea for a counter-spoiler campaign -- when Heathcliff shows up, novel readers should squee with delight and act like he's the most awesome character in the series, beyond even Kirito and Asuna.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:20   Link #1111
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I had an idea for a counter-spoiler campaign -- when Heathcliff shows up, novel readers should squee with delight and act like he's the most awesome character in the series, beyond even Kirito and Asuna.
That wouldn't work. At this point everyone already can tell that this is the sort of series where the MC never loses unless there's something fishy going on.

The moment Heathcliff wins the duel, everyone will know there's more than meets the eye about him.
Old 2012-08-29, 10:57   Link #1112
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
HOney moon? Was there really a honeymoon?
Technically speaking, their entire two week vacation was their honeymoon.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 11:23   Link #1113
Divini
Senpai!

Can't wait to see Dual Blades in action. I will be sad if its debut is laden with still-shots.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 11:33   Link #1114
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That wouldn't work. At this point everyone already can tell that this is the sort of series where the MC never loses unless there's something fishy going on.

The moment Heathcliff wins the duel, everyone will know there's more than meets the eye about him.
Can't help it, the author made Kirito to be overly godspeed in his reflex after all which makes him quite invincible
Old 2012-08-29, 12:16   Link #1115
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
@Wild Goose, indeed you can't say anything, because by doing so, you do spoil people. As to plot holes, well, no doubt the posts which aggravated you might truly not have been plot-holes, but there are plot holes here and there for sure. No story can rid itself of plot holes completely. Even Kawahara has mentioned that there are some inconsistencies which he needs to fix in Progressive.
You're missing my point - there are plenty of people in the Q&A and Anime threads complaining about the "plot hole" of how everyone is still alive despite being stuck in the game for 2 years, how it's a plot hole that the government hasn't done jack shit, how it's a plot hole this, plot hole that, the failure to use EMP is a plot hole, etc.

And the annoying thing is that these things have already been taken into account, and are in fact addressed, but because it's in the novel, even the saying the smallest thing - "They're hooked up to IVs in various hospitals, that's how the players are still alive" is a spoiler and I got tempbanned.

So yes, I am frustrated by all this shit.

As for the inconsistencies between Vol 1 and the sidestories, those that I've seen are continuity snarls, not the major problems that could be called plot holes.

Quote:
As long as this moment is in the show, I'll be happy.
I'll settle for the big damn kiss, but at least if they make it clear - without being explicit, and with good taste - that 16.5 happened, I'll be approving.

Quote:
Isn't that trolling? Then again, ever since I joined Spacebattles, I've learned the Skill "Spoiler Immunity: Does Not Give A Shit", so I generally don't get as upset as other persons on Asuki might. That, and this is the first series I'm actually following as it airs - I used to be about 2-3 years behind everyone else, so by the time I watched the episodes, spoilers galore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

Especially if the animators do their work and add in the "Immortal Object" tag in a blink and you'll miss it moment. Notice how it's been popping up recently, ever since Murder Case?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-08-29, 12:19   Link #1116
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Sure, let's do that FOR SCIENCE.

As a novel reader, I didn't find vol. 1 rush at all but that's because I knew there are many more books ahead, however for anime only viewers the development will likely caught them by surprise though. I mean...

confession => kiss => marriage => xxx => honeymoon => child => ??? => final boss battle

Aside from "THIS IS TOO f***ing FAST" I can't imagine how else will non-novel readers react. Hope they won't react too badly though.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:25   Link #1117
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Novel was... well it felt kinda rushed to me, but there were hints that Asuna and Kirito had known each other for a long time, so it didn't feel too outta the left field.

To borrow and modifiy an analogy I used a while back, Vol 1 KiriAsu is like an SG552 carbine with a suppressor and iron sights. Vol 2-4 KiriAsu + other sidestories is like an SG553* carbine with suppressor, laser aiming module, underbarrel grenade launcher, extended barrel, EOTech holographic sight - the full package.

*Note: Not a typo. Example 1 is the SG552 carbine, the basic carbine variant of the SG550 assault rifle; the SG553 is essentially a 552 with Picatinny rails for attachments.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-08-29, 12:25   Link #1118
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Especially if the animators do their work and add in the "Immortal Object" tag in a blink and you'll miss it moment. Notice how it's been popping up recently, ever since Murder Case?
I think that'd be way too obvious in this era where people go through screenshots frame by frame. Not to mention it would make no sense, since the entire point of Heathcliff cheating in that scene was to prevent that from happening by blocking an unblockable attack. He never actually got to the point where the message would appear.

Obviously the point of showing the message all the time is to make it instantly recognizable when Kirito attacks Heathcliff at the very end. So they don't have to pause the narrative to explain what that means.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:27   Link #1119
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I think that'd be way too obvious in this era where people go through screenshots frame by frame. Not to mention it would make no sense, since the entire point of Heathcliff cheating in that scene was to prevent that from happening by blocking an unblockable attack. He never actually got to the point where the message would appear.

Obviously the point of showing the message all the time is to make it instantly recognizable when Kirito attacks Heathcliff at the very end. So they don't have to pause the narrative to explain what that means.
Exactly my thoughts - I should have made it more clear that I was talking about the post-75 boss duel, not the courtyard Asuna's freedom duel.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-08-29, 12:37   Link #1120
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Exactly my thoughts - I should have made it more clear that I was talking about the post-75 boss duel, not the courtyard Asuna's freedom duel.
Well, in that case it wouldn't be "blink and you miss it", would it? It would be emphasized, because it's the focus of the scene.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote