AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-05, 19:56   Link #3801
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I didn't say the jousting was hard. Just really annoying!

I know for Frost DW is the way to go, but for the other specs 2h should still be better - although unholy DW is pretty comparable to frost.

XT was hilarious last night yeah.
Old 2009-08-05, 23:12   Link #3802
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Bombbb bots
earned achievement: Nerf scrapbots
bombbb bots
Old 2009-08-06, 04:18   Link #3803
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Isle of Conquest is a decent BG. It's fast, victory is never certain as the whole makeup of a match can change within 1 minute. There are definitely some major issues with latency that need to be resolved, though.
Old 2009-08-06, 05:18   Link #3804
Xacual

Yeah I enjoyed the bg a lot. One game the entire alliance team went to hangar and got that but we got docks and workshop and with those two took out their base before they did ours with just the hangar.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 13:11   Link #3805
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I was in ones where the hangar zerg worked and got me a couple of achievements and ones were people weren't fast enough because they didn't have the brains to use seaforium. Missed out on the 5 cap at the moment of winning 4 times, that irked me a bit, since that looks like a tricky one due to the ebb and flow nature of Isle of Conquest. I have to say, this one has somewhat rekindled my interest in PvP.

Noticed in the World Events achievements that Pilgrim's Day will be happening. But no Pirates' Day?! Aw...that sounded like it had the potential to be the best of the lot.

I like the expansion of the Argent Tournament dailies. New ones are easy. Doing that and the heroic each day is 12 Seals, along with the occassional random one from reward bags. Getting those rewards is much more achievable now. Do like.

So far I have liked what they've done with 3.2, but I'm not sure about the raid instance though. The people I spoken to that have done it so far aren't liking it. Some found it soft, some boring. They didn't like the 'only one is ever up' or the 'if everyone leaves the instance, you lose all clearing, even if you have a raid ID'. Maybe some balancing and bug fixes are in order.*shrug* Anyone here actually done it?

Anyone else notice that Varian seems very...sedate, even remorseful in 3.2? That he really regrets his recent actions? Since when did Jaina enjoy possibly fatal contests more than Varian? Thrall also seemed a bit withdrawn. Tirion Fordring being a pragmatist? Now that is a rather unexpected turn of character...Necessity dictates it, but everything that Tirion stood for and spoke about in previous showdowns or in the Ashbringer comic chain - it just contradicts the Trial of the Crusader scenario.
Old 2009-08-06, 21:26   Link #3806
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

you do know that argent toury dailies has been there before 3.2 right?
Anyways, I am enjoying the normal ToC cause of the "welfare" epics XD I got more epic in a day in there with 5 other person then I did in 10 man naxx
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 22:30   Link #3807
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Er, yeah, I got Crusader within the minimum amount of time possible. My point was the original ones were freaking boring and only yielded 5 a day. I lost complete interest in them the moment I got Crusader.
Old 2009-08-06, 23:12   Link #3808
Clarste
Human

Yay, my guild finally beat Yogg Saron! Perseverance has paid off (a bunch of good players left a while ago). Yeah, we're patch behind, but it's still nice.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 06:58   Link #3809
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Yay, my guild finally beat Yogg Saron! Perseverance has paid off (a bunch of good players left a while ago). Yeah, we're patch behind, but it's still nice.
Congrats on owning the trap, showing no mercy and giving no pause to your attacks.
Old 2009-08-07, 18:14   Link #3810
Scorpian
Banned

Can anyone tell me how Warlocks are faring in pvp? I've not played in a while and I want to finish levelling my lock. What classes (besides rogues) give them the most challenge nowadays? In the beginning of wrath, I kept hearing they were just about usless since everything was about burst damage (is it still this way with the new patches?), however I've checked the top rated teams and the locks seemed to be trickling back into the mix... I appreciate anyone's insight thanks.
Scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 18:15   Link #3811
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

And focusing you anger and hate where it was needed most.

I love his laugh, so evil.

For Tirion maybe some of Darion rubbed off on him, since they are now BFF.

No idea about locks really, I haven't PvPd at all really since the beginning of the year. But I've heard the odd thing that they are holding up ok now, I've beard they are quite useful in the new BG to.
Old 2009-08-07, 22:39   Link #3812
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

When Warlocks can get a Conflagarate crit for 20k on someone with 1280 resilience, they aren't struggling. They do just about as much burst damage as Rogues now in PvP.
Old 2009-08-07, 23:25   Link #3813
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So bascially it is Destruction for PvP now?
Old 2009-08-08, 01:38   Link #3814
Scorpian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
When Warlocks can get a Conflagarate crit for 20k on someone with 1280 resilience, they aren't struggling. They do just about as much burst damage as Rogues now in PvP.
wow thats quite an upgrade from what it was in the beginning. Is do you know if affliction can be as viable as destruction in pvp? (both arena and bgs)
Scorpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 05:14   Link #3815
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If you have the funds you could duel spec so you could do either destruction or affliction to see which you feel is better for you.
Old 2009-08-08, 05:18   Link #3816
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

What's an Affliction lock?
/end sarcasm

I don't do Arena so I can't answer your question. All I can say is virtually every lock I see these days is Destro and that facing them should be made optional whenever possible.
Old 2009-08-08, 05:37   Link #3817
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I have Affliction as an option still via duel spec (when it came out)...but I almost never use it because most things can be solved with rapid application of fire magics and chaos bolts. If it needs more, add shadow DoTs. I think the only time I used affliction was in an instance run were our group kept wiping, so I switched when I ran off for a quick repair then we tried some more...It helped a little bit, but not enough since it was three quest greens and blues 80s trying to take a five man instance (that one in the north of the Grizzly Hills.) We got to the big lich guy, but we couldn't keep him on our tank (a paladin) since he was having to heal the dps (a warlock and a freshly 80 mage) and himself at that point. Basically we needed one more person (either a tank or a healer) to finish. Someday we'll go back there again to finish that quest chain.
Old 2009-08-08, 06:49   Link #3818
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The benefits of Affliction in PvP are the extra life gains from Siphon Life and Haunt, an extra snare with Curse of Exhaustion, turning Howl of Terror into an instant cast. But the major downside is that those DoTs don't quite do the damage they used to,a t least in terms of rapid damage for a small stint of time. Immolate + Conflagarate alone can do a lot more faster. Throw in Chaos Bolt and Incinerate and the benefits of that AoE stun, it's the more threatening spec in my eyes. My survival rate v non-Destro locks is considerably better than it is against Destro locks. Plus there's the fact it's a crazy PvE dps spec. Of course, it has the drawbacks of any burst spec - if it doesn't kill the target within 10-15 seconds, you're in trouble.
Old 2009-08-08, 07:42   Link #3819
Jaden

I like the living bomb change, it's a lot of fun to spam it on multiple targets. It's almost as powerful as the seed of corruption, and instant cast! Heh, it's just about the only spell I used in wintergrasp today.

And if you had a glyph, the DoT damage could crit and trigger hot streak (instant pyroblast). That was way too good, so it got hotfixed away a couple days back.

I went to the new 25-man raid, the monsters were a fun fight. Didn't try on heroic yet, I suppose that will prove more of a challenge. I don't get why the rest of the bosses aren't there yet though. Will Blizzard keep updating the tournament with some storyline events and add a new boss once a week?

We went to Ulduar to kill the rest of the raid time. Flame Leviathan was bugged, it had 3 buffs even though we ony left 2 towers up. It didn't use the ability from the third tower though and the loot was according to a 2-tower kill.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 08:54   Link #3820
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

just a nub question cause I am thinking of making a healer character but I really don't want to play a priest. I am just wondering how much does pallys hps on aveage and how much does druids hps on aveage?
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows