AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-22, 08:54   Link #15721
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nah, Kanzaki was coincidental in that her default fighting style, is a fighting style.
Actually "almost no". Remember that Kanzaki got a brief up from Stiyl who told her that Touma has his right hand that can dispel even high level magic as if it was nothing; thus Kanzaki thought of an approach where she could beat up Touma without using offensive magic directly and where Touma can't use his right hand directly on her (which wasn't that difficult, being a saint and all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Why are they targeting Touma?
His actions in the war kinda screwed up the magic side in the end. So not only he was a bad reputation, but it is also known that has gotten involved with large scale incidents in the magic side and won. It's kinda like what Etzali said in the beginning; the magic side is getting worried that Touma and "his faction" will start getting involved with everything, changing everything as they please.

edit

Chapter 3 is at 55%

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-12-22 at 17:26.
Old 2011-12-22, 09:03   Link #15722
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Are you pertaining to the alchemist of vol 02? because if it's strength alone if you fight him in his arz magna field then it's almost the same as fighting fiamma with a complete holy right that guy is a fixed in a field cheating machine.
Fiamma with a complete Holy Right atomizes planets....

Aureolus besides breaking his will, doesn't he have to actually speak/think for his Ars to work? Technically a Saint can break him apart with the right preparation...
Old 2011-12-22, 09:29   Link #15723
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Aureolus besides breaking his will, doesn't he have to actually speak/think for his Ars to work? Technically a Saint can break him apart with the right preparation...
But that it's not inherent to the ability but a characteristic that he trained into himself as a failsafe measure; if he would have been kept around he could have probably have worked Ars Magna into working differently, but as the series has shown abilities that are too strong or too broad aren't kept around nor developed on.

And the holy right wasn't that good in the end Wasn't stated that it's effects where mainly "direct" to fighting? As in Fiamma could protect himself perfectly and defeat enemies perfectly, but he couldn't do more complicated stuff like "saving the world" (which is why he started with the God's Right Seat arc in the first place).
Old 2011-12-22, 09:30   Link #15724
leukrota

Quote:
Fiamma with a complete Holy Right atomizes planets....
Who cares about the complete Holy Right, he never achieved it, if he had, then he would have transcended the God's Seat. (Some would argue he already had, but that's besides the point.)

Quote:
I can't see how that's a weakness, magic by thought is the fastest it can get, and if I'm not misunderstanding his power, he could likewise break a Saint apart if he got the initiative in the attack.

His one weakness was that he didn't have enough faith in himself to properly harness his power.
Old 2011-12-22, 09:34   Link #15725
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Who cares about the complete Holy Right, he never achieved it, if he had, then he would have transcended the God's Seat. (Some would argue he already had, but that's besides the point.)

I can't see how that's a weakness, magic by thought is the fastest it can get, and if I'm not misunderstanding his power, he could likewise break a Saint apart if he got the initiative in the attack.

His one weakness was that he didn't have enough faith in himself to properly harness his power.
Human thought only goes so fast. Saints are supersonic; if caught unawares it's like getting sniped. I did say with proper preparation.

Fiamma had a completed Holy Right. Even if it was for just 5 minutes
Old 2011-12-22, 09:40   Link #15726
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
But that it's not inherent to the ability but a characteristic that he trained into himself as a failsafe measure; if he would have been kept around he could have probably have worked Ars Magna into working differently, but as the series has shown abilities that are too strong or too broad aren't kept around nor developed on.

And the holy right wasn't that good in the end Wasn't stated that it's effects where mainly "direct" to fighting? As in Fiamma could protect himself perfectly and defeat enemies perfectly, but he couldn't do more complicated stuff like "saving the world" (which is why he started with the God's Right Seat arc in the first place).
He couldn't save the world because he didn't have the right format and most importantly, was mistaken about everything. Can't hit a target when it doesn't exist.
Old 2011-12-22, 09:44   Link #15727
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Magic by thought is actually pretty dangerous, nobody is really in control of their thoughts 100% of the time.

Quote:
he could likewise break a Saint apart if he got the initiative in the attack.
Quote:
Human thought only goes so fast. Saints are supersonic; if caught unawares it's like getting sniped. I did say with proper preparation.
Didn't we all have this debate before? In the end it's a matter of who gets the drop first.

Laser wins all since it travels at the speed of light... Except for against a Holy Right or a Redirection.
Old 2011-12-22, 13:27   Link #15728
tsunade666

If Izzard really wanted a one sided fight. He won't even show up inside is arz magna and just let you die inside of it with a one word kill but he didn't. His so proud of his pinnacle of alchemy that he didn't take into account on what happen outside his territory or even bother to know what happen to Index which he said he wants to protect. Thus he ended up not knowing that Index is already save and there is a right hand that can cancel super natural effects. It's like a battle with holy right vs imagine breaker. They just met something which can win against them even though they could have won if they become cautious.

Fiamma proceeds with his plan in a cautious way but still his so uptight or blinded on what he think is right that he ended up ignoring small faults in his plan. Like he didn't even take into consider that the world will be united against him and wouldn't just fall into despair. People aren't to be looked down with. Shiage would be the best example for a normal badass that can turn fire extinguisher into a bow gun. Underestimate him and you'll be into a pincushion of holes.
Old 2011-12-22, 13:47   Link #15729
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Technically a Saint can break him apart with the right preparation...
I'd guess it could be similar to the Acqua vs Terra thing, as mentioned before the saint could probably just kill him before he managed to finish a thought.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2011-12-22, 16:42   Link #15730
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I'd guess it could be similar to the Acqua vs Terra thing, as mentioned before the saint could probably just kill him before he managed to finish a thought.
It should be noted that Terra never thought that Acqua was going to attack him, so it wasn't even a fight. It's like going to see a relative and having them slice your throat from behind. It's not something you expected to happen, so it shouldn't measure the action -> response difference between a saint and a regular.

Chapter 3 at 70%
Old 2011-12-22, 17:23   Link #15731
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Kanzaki have been calculated at mach 7 speed (trying to get away from mr cylinder lighting strike).
Old 2011-12-22, 17:46   Link #15732
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Kanzaki have been calculated at mach 7 speed (trying to get away from mr cylinder lighting strike).
I'm pretty sure that wasn't mentioned at all what her speed was except it was the fastest, all-out without thinking.
Old 2011-12-22, 18:44   Link #15733
cleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm pretty sure that wasn't mentioned at all what her speed was except it was the fastest, all-out without thinking.
It was mention of something along the lines of being super sonic.
Old 2011-12-22, 18:51   Link #15734
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
Supersonic just means more than 343 meters per second.
Old 2011-12-22, 19:18   Link #15735
djmaca
My Girl ↓

just read the new updates:

- Dynamic teamwork by Touma's group

- Feels like GREMLIN's leader is hinted to be the one who hired them on this mission. Cliche, but fitting.
Old 2011-12-22, 21:48   Link #15736
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
I was referring to the claim that she had reached Mach 7.

Yes I know she can reach supersonic, but that's everything from a bullet, to a fighter jet, to a missile, or a space-shuttle.

But personally, I don't think it's anymore than a Bullwhip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
just read the new updates:

- Dynamic teamwork by Touma's group

- Feels like GREMLIN's leader is hinted to be the one who hired them on this mission. Cliche, but fitting.
Kamijou Resume' of Fukoda:

1) Midair battle on a military aircraft.
2) Perform an emergency landing on said aircraft.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:21   Link #15737
Miraluka
Banned

She fought against Gugnir's natural disasters thunders were one of them.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:43   Link #15738
Twi

Maybe she cut the lightning?
Old 2011-12-23, 01:08   Link #15739
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Did anyone read if she actually cut the lightning?
Old 2011-12-23, 01:25   Link #15740
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You have some times and distance given, like in the hammer fight, also Carrisa mention her reaction time to escape the cluster bomber etc, you calculate the speed of someone that way.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen